The Curse Of The Alpha

By Midika

"So you're a virgin, then." He says it so blatantly it rattles me to the core. "No! I mean, would it matter i... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42

40

2.6K 76 6
By Midika

Word Count: 2090

~Meara

As we head back upstairs to get some rest, Sire's hand grazes mine.

"Come to bed with me," he murmurs.

His smile is weak enough to let slip how burdened with worry he is. He wants me in his room, where he can see me at all times, as if Kyro may appear at any moment to drag me away.

"Of course." I squeeze his hand. "This won't be our last night together, if that's what you're thinking."

We walk into his room, Sire not bothering to turn on any light, letting the moonlight coming through the window guide us as we start to undress.

"It's hard not to think like that," he mutters.

It's hard to be concerned about what tomorrow brings when Sire looks so glorious without his shirt on. The moonlight liberally douses his taut skin with bluish light, highlighting every bump and divot of muscle.

My eyes stray on the markings that wind up his torso toward his neck. They are the markings of a true Alpha.

"He's not going to kill me. Not yet," I remind him, picking one of Sire's shirts to sleep in.

Sire's jaw is hard as he buttons his pants. "You don't know him like I do."

"I don't need to..." I'm assuming all this because it's what makes the most sense. Kyro had every opportunity to use Hazel to kill me in the moment, but he didn't.

He's giving himself time to come up with a plan...he has to be.

I slip into bed beside my mate, his weight pulling me flush against his side.

"He's extending this shit because he thinks I was his wife's secret lover." His breaths are sharp from irritation as I rest my head against his chest. "He's going to use you to piss me off."

"Then don't let him. Don't react," I breathe, looking down his torso.

He stills as I draw my fingers along his strong abdominal muscles, feeling them tense as he watches with baited breath. I will never get over having such a man as my mate.

"How can I not react? It's you we are talking about." His fingers trace lines through my hair, sending shivers of pleasure across my skin.

"You'll know what I'm feeling at all times because of the bond. If I'm in danger, you can come to me," I assure him.

This bond has connected us in ways I would never have assumed. If I concentrate, even from a distance, it feels like I can sense every breath he draws in, every emotion that passes through him.

Instead of unnerving me, it feels right. Natural.

"What if he hurts you before I can get to you?" Sire is talking to himself more so than he is talking out loud, trying to vent his frustrations through words.

I rest a palm over his stomach. "He won't. Stop worrying."

He pulls on my arm, guiding me up until I am sitting astride him, looking right into his eyes. I let his gaze rove over me, let him remind himself that I am here, right now, and I'm not going anywhere.

"You have no idea how much I care about you." His grip tightens on my hips.

"I know. I care about you too." I smile, brushing his dark strands away from his eyes before I kiss his forehead tenderly.

A lot has changed since the bonding ceremony, and although I know part of it may be because of how interlinked we are now, I know I'm growing something for him that the bond could not have manufactured.

Trust and respect.

He held back, choosing my friend for my sake over his own revenge, despite that being his entire motivation since he was risen from the tomb.

"Not like that." Sire shakes his head, drawing his hands up to cup either side of my face. "Meara, I'm in love with you."

I plant my hands on his chest. "No, don't tell me that right now."

"I have to..."

"Tell me when Kyro is underground, dead this time, and we are living our lives happily, with no threats," I breathe.

I won't tell him how I feel right now. I can't. Not until it comes from a place of truth. I don't want to say it just because I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, or if I will ever see Sire again after tonight.

"I need you to know." Emotion floods his eyes, his face. Raw, real emotion.

Swallowing past a lump in my throat, I lean forward until my head is in the crook of his neck, and he's embracing me. If I dwell on his words too long, I'll start making bad decisions.

"Thank you for showing restraint today. You saved Hazel's life, and that means more to me then you will ever know," I whisper so quietly I'm not sure he can hear it.

"Believe it or not, I don't want to see Hazel harmed either. She saved your life. I owe her," he says, smoothing his hand down my hair, drawing warmth and comfort into my body that I haven't felt in a long time.

Leaning up a little more, I meet his gaze again. "For the first time since I met you, I'm not worried about the kind of Alpha you will be."

"I'm going to prove to you that I can be a good one. I'm going to look after you and everyone in his Pack," he tells me firmly.

There is no room to question him on this, and I don't want to. Every part of me believes him. This is a man more than capable of using his power for good, and I know that with every inch of me now.

"I trust you." I press a kiss to his jaw. "When this is all over, I want to be with you. Fully, without any second thoughts or hesitations."

He breaks out into a smile that kills all the tension in the room. "Good. That's all I want."

Leaning forward, I kiss him.

It's a tender, gentle kiss at first. It's drowning with emotion, with a new found understanding of each other. Then, it becomes desperate. I can practically feel Sire's frustrations at Kyro and the fear of what tomorrow will bring with me.

He bands his arms around me, deepening the kiss. My fingers twist through his soft strands, tugging slightly.

Neither of us pushes it. We both seem to be waiting, kissing like our lungs have infinite breath, not wanting to take this too far if the other is not comfortable with it, considering our circumstances.

He pulls away abruptly, his lips red and slightly swollen, his eyes wide.

"Sire, what's wrong?" I ask.

He appears to be in physical pain, his expression noting with doubt and regret.

"I can't do this...I can't let you go," he forces out, gripping onto the sides of my waist almost painfully.

Part of me immediately wants to play this off as some second thoughts that can easily be soothed away. But the other part of me can sense that Sire's sudden shift in mood isn't for no reason.

"What do you mean? We need the antidote," I remind him calmly, trying not to accelerate this change of behaviour.

"I know plenty of witches. They can save Hazel," he insists.

I shake my head at him. "We can't guarantee that. She doesn't have much time."

"I'll go now. I'll make time."

He gently pries me off him before he stands. He doesn't bother putting his clothes on naturally. He waves a hand and they appear upon his body. When I look down at myself, I realise he's dressed me also.

Oh no.

"You need to rest. We all do." I scramble from the bed, grabbing his hand, forcing his attention back to me.

He's erratic, as most mates would be if they thought their mate was in danger. His history with Kyro goes so deep, and is filled with far more trauma than I yet understand. But that doesn't mean I can let him destroy this plan because of his fear.

"No. I'm certain I can figure this out without you having to go with Kyro," he tells me sturdily.

"I'm sorry, but I need to do this." I back away from him now, getting the sense that he's so desperate he might do something rash. "I'm going to do this."

"No-"

"Hazel saved my life, now it's time for me to save hers."

His expression is a mess of conflict, like he can't decide if what he is going to do next is the best idea. Yet, he seems to have already decided.

"I'm so sorry, Meara," he breathes.

I barely have a chance to blink before his hand is on me, and he is transporting me away.

My scream is silent, trapped in my throat as we travel through time until my feet hit the ground. I pitch forward, but Sire's grip pulls me right back up.

Tugging away from him, I step back, looking around me.

I'm in a blank, unassuming room.

There's a single bed, and absolutely nothing else.

"What the-"

Sire winces, the ghost of the man I was talking to moments ago. "I'm sorry. You won't be here long, just until Kyro comes to get you and I kill him. By then, I will have found a way to save Hazel."

My mouth falls open. There is no mistaking the bars over the small window...this is a makeshift prison.

"What? No, Sire, please don't leave me here." I step toward him, but he steps back.

In my anger, I don't care that he is trying to protect me. I don't want to be protected when it means my best friend is in danger.

"You're safe, no one can track you here. That door is a bathroom, and this one leads outside, but it's locked." He says the last part apprehensively. "No one will know how to find you."

"You're being unreasonable..." I growl.

"I'm doing what I can to save you," he assures me, taking another step back. "I promise no harm will come to Hazel. I promise."

I open my mouth to say something...something horrible to let him know how angry I am at his reaction, but nothing comes out.

Curling my fingers into fists, I back up until I hit the bed. I sit down, trying to calm my breathing.

If I die, he dies. There is no room for risk, for something to go wrong. I just wish he wasn't so blinded by how much he cares for me.

It's Kyro. This man is driving him to the edge, and I'm not going to sit here and let him.

Getting up, I face the door.

It's made of wood, and I doubt there are metal bars beyond it. This prison isn't meant to hurt me, which means if I want it bad enough, I can get through that door.

Stepping forward, I steel myself. This is going to hurt like a bitch.

Rushing forward, I slam my shoulder into the door. Something cracks, but it sends me flying straight back. I skid across the floor, falling to one knee.

Groaning, I clutch my shoulder as pain erupts through it and down my bicep.

That hurt, but there's a single crack in the structure of the door. It's not impossible for me to break.

Pulling myself up, I rear up and kick the door straight in the centre. Nothing budges. I give it another kick, and then another. The fifth causes the wood to splinter more from the crack.

A smile plays on my lips.

Stepping back again, I prepare myself. All that matters is getting out of here.

Holding my breath, I charge at the door with my shoulder again. Sure enough, the lock structure gives out and the door crashes open, bringing me with it.

I fall out into the hallway, landing on my stomach.

Gritting my teeth, I force myself up immediately, hissing as pain throbs in my arm and shoulder. Nothing feels broken, but it's going to end up as one hell of a bruise.

Brushing wood splinters off my clothing, I look around. I'm in a hallway, and by the sound of it, I'm the only one here.

I start off in one direction, toward a door at the other end.

I'm saving my friend, and nothing is going to stop me.

💙••💙

Want more?? This story is COMPLETED on Radish (:

Thanks for reading (:

Check out The Alpha's Prize on Wattpad now!!

"...I've never had an orgasm before!" I blurt out, backing away a few steps.

He sits up, dark hair ruffled and messy from the fingers I ran through it. His eyes, once wide, slowly darken.

"You what?" He breathes.

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 319 33
WARNING: This book deals with a highly controversial subject matter. Reader discretion is advised. I fell in love with someone dark, twisted and evil...
1.1M 42.3K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
355K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
2.3M 54.1K 34
"Please," I begged pulling on the man's arm that was wrapped around my torso, pressing me to him. I wanted nothing more then to be freed of his grasp...