Blue and Green

By GetALife102938

Fitzroy Avery Vacker, is still heartbroken after Sophie. No matter how much he tries to hide it. And it doesn... More

A/N and Characters
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.

Chapter 13.

49 2 19
By GetALife102938

you were good to me by Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Cutler 

Fitz POV. 

I walk out of her room mentally scolding myself. 

I should have knocked before I opened her door, God she must hate me now! I walked in and she was shirtless. And to make matters worse my friend in my pants found it very attractive. 

She must think I'm a pervert. Good going Fitz. 

I walk over to my bed and face plant on it. I groan and roll my face into the pillow. 

Hey Fitz, Keefe was wondering if he could come over today and see his sister I hear in my head. Sophie. I used to love hearing her voice in my head, but now I'm not as much as a fan. She used to be sweet and cute to me. I sigh. 

Sure, I'll let her know during breakfast I reply without any emotions. 

Great! I'll let him know! she transmits back. 

I realize I've been trash talking Sophie to you. And I don't hate her, she deserves all the happiness in the world. It's just I'm still a little hurt that I told her I still liked her and wanted to try again and she goes and kisses my best friend, who I just started becoming on good terms with. To make matters worse she expects me to forget about and be fine. 

Plus this time apart from her has shown me a few things I've never seen before. 

She get's upset when she isn't allowed to plan or partake in a mission, but when she is she acts irrationally and if it doesn't work out exactly she blames it on other people and throws a hissy fit. And she's a tad bit boring, not like my girl. 

My girl? I need to see a therapist. I literally met this girl yesterday and I'm already talking about her as if we're dating. 

If we were dating I would be able to see her boobs any time I like...

And now I need a cold shower. Great. 

Fitz? I hear in my head. At first I think it's Sophie and she forgot to tell me something. 

Sophie? I ask irritably.

Nope I hear the voice say. She sounds sad and disappointed. That's when I recognize the voice. My green eyed blond. 

She mentioned she was a telepath, but I didn't think she was this good to be able to find my mind and transmit to me on her first try.

Minn? I use her nick name hoping it might cheer her up. 

Yep! she replies back cheerfully. It sounded fake. Now I feel like an ass. 

Oh hey! What's up? I ask hoping to change her attitude. I feel so bad that I hurt her. 

So, uh. I kinda got lost in your big fancy house? she says, more like asks, with a embarrassed laugh. I grin. She's super adorable. 

Ha! I laugh softly trying not to upset her. Give me a key thing in your surroundings. I know this house like the back of my hand, I'll be able to find her easy peasy.  

There's a white vase with small purple flowers painted on it. It's holding a branch of dead leaves she tells me after a second. 

She's on the third floor, sixth corridor. By the room full of mirrors. But the door is usually kept locked. 

Oh I know what your talking about! I'll be there in a minute! I tell her cheerfully. Hopefully she's not worried. 

I start running down the stairs before I almost collide with Biana. 

"Hey! Watch it!" I snip at her. She glowers at me. 

"You watch it! I'm trying to find Iggy!" she snaps back at me. "Sophie let me babysit him this weekend and I lost him!" she says before crouching down to look under a table cloth. 

"Come on, we'll look together" I grab her arm and drag her down the stairs with me as I ignore her protests. 

"What are you looking for?" she asks me after a moment of silence. 

"Minnesota got lost" I tell her as I slow down to jog so she can keep up. 

"She's probably just walking around. I'm sure she's not lost" she says with an eye roll. 

"No she's lost. She reached out to me" I tell her with pride in my voice. Weird thing to be proud of I know, but she reached out to me

"She's a telepath?" she asks a bit flabbergasted. I give her a nod before I turn another corner. "Huh, honestly it kinda scares me how powerful she is. I know Sophies powerful too, but I know her and I'm pretty sure Minnesota has more abilities than Sophie" she tells me with a shrug. 

"By a long shot" I tell her. I hear a chirp down the hallway with the vase. "Is that Iggy?" I ask Biana.

"He makes the same sound but that one sounded a lot higher than his usual. Oh God I hope he's not hurt!" she says franticly. We hear another chirp, this one was definitely lower toned. 

"That one was definitely Iggy" I say as I look down at Biana's confused expression. "I wonder if an imp snuck in through a window. I just hope the imp isn't in heat" I tell her with a shudder. She copies the action. 

I hear a giggle from the hallway. Minnesota. I slow down my pace and make it look like I wasn't running. I don't want to seem that eager. 

We turn the corner and Minnesota is sitting on the ground with the small imp in her palms. She looks down at it and chirps. That's the other chirping sound we heard. I glance over at Biana and notice she's wearing the same slack jawed wide eyed expression I am. 

What surprises us even more is he chirps back. 

"Wait, can you speak to him?" I blurt out in surprise. She jumps and Iggy squeaks in protest. Her breathing is rapid as she turn towards us. 

"Yeah, I have been able to for as long as I can remember" she says with a shrug. She has to many abilities to count. I feel bad for her matchmaking workers. 

Matchmaking. I forgot. I can't ever be with her if she can't enter. I don't see why not because Sophie can, once she finds out her parents. But I still worry. 

"Lets go get breakfast! I promised this little guy some food" she says with a small wink at the little creature. I have never envied a critter so much in my entire life. I shrug off the matchmaking questions for now, I'll bring them up to my father later. 

We walk in silence and I'd be lying if I said I glad she didn't sing. I really wanted her to open her pink lips and for a sweet melody to flow out. She did end up breaking the silence, but not by singing. 

"So what exactly is he?" she asks as she looks down at the sleeping green fluff ball in her hands. 

"He's an imp, Sophies imp. She named him Iggy" I say with a small laugh. I think back to how Grady reacted to her wanting to keep the small creature. 

"Huh" she replies before looking at the floor as she walks. It makes me sad. I find myself once more wishing she'd sing. Even just a few notes. 

We enter the kitchen and my mom is standing there as if she was waiting for us to enter. She rushes towards Minnesota to give her a hug, but puts Iggy on the counter first. 

"Minnesota! It's so great to meet you! How did you sleep?" my mom asks. She pulls her back and holds her elbows as she gets a good look at her. 

"Really good! The bed was way too comfortable, I may just try to live there now" she giggles. She didn't mention the shirtless thing, which I appreciate. 

"They are very comfortable! I tried a human bed once, can't say way impressed" she says with a small laugh, which Minnesota joins in on. It filled my heart with joy to see Minnesota and my mom get along so well. "By the way you are gorgeous!" she exclaims as he runs her fingers around a small piece of her blond hair. "But you look oddly familiar" she mumbles softly. 

"I'm Keefe's twin sister, and apparently my mother is this gazelle lady" she says. It takes everything in my not to crack up. I love the nick names she gives people. But I still need to figure out what Buachaill Te means. 

"What a small world!" my mom laughs. Her outward demeanor is relaxed and unphased but I can tell she's tense and worried on the inside. I'll have to ask her what she knows after breakfast. "Come! Come! I have breakfast!" she exclaims happily before leading us towards the dinning room. 

My family sit in their designated seats and Minnesota takes a seat next to me, which fills my stomach with butterflies. Finally the gnomes uncover the silver trays and we start to serve ourselves. 

I grab Minnesota's plate and pile it high with food before I move onto my own. Once I'm done I look back at her. Her face is twisted in a grimace. 

"What?" I ask her as I try to keep my laughter in. She looks like pouty child when she makes that face. 

"Lettuce. We're eating lettuce for breakfast?" she asks before sniffing it and pulling her face back up. 

"No, it's Twisted Roots. See how the leaves twist together?" I ask her as I point to it with my fork. 

"No idea what that means. All I know is this is a vegetable and there's no bacon in sight" she says with a sad sigh. 

"What's bacon?"  I ask her with a small chuckle. 

"It's a small strip of fat from a pig that you fry. It's really good" she says with a wistful sigh. I give her a disgusted look. "What? Oh right. You guys are vegetarians" she says with an eye roll. 

"Meat is murder" my sister sings from the other side of the table. I love my sister, but she does not have a nice voice. 

"Meat is fantastic" she says with a chefs kiss. I let out a small laugh, which she grins at. 

"What is meat?" my dad asks as he walks in.

"Fantastic" 

"Murder" 

"Umm what?" he asks. He sits down at the head of the table before addressing Minnesota. "Minnesota! It's so great to meet you! I'm Fitz and Biana's father, Alden" he says as he gives her a hand shake. 

"It's good to meet you Mister Vacker" she says politely as she shakes his hand. 

"Please call me Alden" he insists. She gives a small smile and head nod. 

There's a minute of silence as everyone eats. Minnesota breaks the silence with singing so soft only I can hear it. Which I must admit makes it ten times more enjoyable. At least for me. 

"Lying isn't better than silence

Floating but I feel like I'm dying 

Still no matter where I go 

At the end of every road 

You were good to me

You were good to me, yeah 

I know it's easier to run 

After everything I've done 

You were good to me 

You were good to me

You were good to me

 You were good to me 

Leaving isn't better than trying 

Growing but I'm just growing tired 

Now I'm worried for my soul 

And I'm still scared of growing old 

You were good to me 

You were good to me, yeah 

And I'm so used to letting go 

But I don't wanna be alone 

You were good to me 

You were good to me, yeah, oh 

God only knows where our fears go" she sings softly. I look down at her with a soft smile. She is perfect for me. Every part of her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 734 31
Fitz Vacker is a student at a private boarding school, under the stress of classes, homework, and social status. He's a straight-A student and is alw...
140K 1.7K 39
"Okay. Let's get this straight. For some bizarre reason, we wake up in the same bed and a six-year-old girl claims that we are her parents and refers...
197K 2.9K 55
Beginning right after the latest Keepers book Unlocked, Sophie returns home to Find Grady suspiciously sad, but never in her mind could she have imag...
94.6K 2.4K 23
Keefe's departure took a toll on Sophie. She's been in a bad place, her life spiraling downhill. Deciding that she can't stay at Foxfire for the Elit...