What. The. Fuck. (Aka a perso...

By IDKapplesoccer

A person dies and wakes up in Sakura's body. The problem? They never watched the show. Follow the new Sakura'... More

A New World
Becoming a Ninja
New Teammates
Pass or Fail: Survival Test
A Dangerous Mission! Journey to the Land of Waves
The Assassin of the Mist
The Oath of Pain
Kakashi the Sharingan Warrior
The Forest of Chakra
The Land Where a Hero Once Lived
Helping out the Poor
Haku's Secret Jutsu: Crystal Ice Mirrors
The Number One Hyperactive, Knucklehead Ninja Joins the Fight!
Zero Visibility: the Sharingan Shatters
The Weapons Known as Shinobi
The Demon In the Snow

Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns!

280 9 1
By IDKapplesoccer

In the forest

A woman with long black hair picked a herd and placed it into a basket, when a bird perched on her shoulder and looked at curiously. The bird then flew off in the opposite direction she was facing. When she turned around she saw a boy in an orange jumpsuit and yellow hair passed out on the ground laying spread eagle on his back, with a Kuni in his hand. The bird flew and landed on the boys chest, while two other birds, one on his forehead, the other next to him, looked at him curiously. When the bird on his forehead moved the girl saw that he was wearing a leaf Shinobi forehead protector. Her eyes widened in shock as she remembered their last interaction. She stood up and began slowly walking towards him. She then reached her hand out scaring away the birds.

At Tazuna's house

"Here." Tsunami placed a bowl of food in front of Sasuke, who had just sat down at the table. Kakashi, Inari, and Tazuna were already there sitting. "Thank you." "Naruto didn't come back last night, either?" Tazuna questioned. "No." Sasuke answered plainly. "I wonder if Naruto's okay. To think a child's out in the middle of the night." Tsunami spoke with a worried tone. "Well, you don't need to worry. Although he may not seem to be, he's a full-fledge Ninja." Kakashi reassured. "I wonder... That idiot's probably all popped out right about now." Sasuke then stood up and began walking towards the door. "Where are you going?" Tsunami questioned. "I'm going for a walk." "But we're about to eat..." "You were going to eat without, Sakura?"

"You didn't know?" Sasuke turned to face Tsunami. His eyes squinted in confusion. "Didn't know what?" "That she isn't here." "What do you mean?" "Sasuke, Sakura has been working hard to heal the people here. She's been out all day and hasn't been here for a while. You just didn't notice because you've been spending all your time training." Kakashi explained. "I see..." Sasuke wouldn't admit it, but he felt disappointed in himself for not noticing his teammates disappearance. He then walked out.

In the forest

The woman reached her hand out above Naruto's next as if she was about to snap his next before moving it to his shoulder, shaking him awake. "You'll catch a cold if you keep sleeping here." Naruto groaned as he was woken up. He then sat upright and began to rub his eyes. "Who're you?" The girl smiled at him and Naruto blushed slightly. "Uh... Did you wake me up, sis? I mean, what're you doing here?" Naruto asked bashfully. "I'm gathering medicinal herbs." "Herbs?" "Yes. For healing injuries, sickness and the like." "I see..." A smirk grew on Naruto's face. 'If I get some herbs for Sakura she'll surely get all bashful.' Naruto thought as an image of how you'll react played in his head.

"Aw, Naruto! You shouldn't have! You're way more considerate and kind than that idiot, Sasuke! Man I'm so happy I could kiss you. In fact! I think I'll do just that." Imaginary you then gave Naruto a big kiss on the lips.

Naruto giggled and blush at the thought. "Hey, sis! Do you think I could pick some herbs too?" "Sure I don't see why not. But I am curious about the reason." "It's for my girlfriend, Sakura. Of course! She's a medical Ninja so I'm sure she'll be really happy if I give her some medical herbs!" The girls eyes widened. "A medical Ninja?" "Yeah! Isn't awesome! Kakashi-Sensei said that medical Ninjas are hard to find, because of how hard it is to become one! And she's really good at it too!" "Really? How good?" This made Naruto pause and think. "Well, I don't really know how good she is. But I do know that she can heal cuts, like those from a Kuni or Shuriken." "I see... Well, in that case I'm sure she'll be happy with this gift!"

Naruto and the girl were now picking herbs, with Naruto making his own little pile. "You sure got a lot to do early in the morning, sis..." "You, too. What've you been doing in a place like this so early?" A big smile grew on Naruto's face. "Training!" The girls eyes widened. "Could it be that... you're a Ninja or something? What with that headband and..." "Is that what I look like? Is it? Yup! I'm a Ninja!" Naruto's cheeks turned red from how excited he was. That someone had recognized him as a Ninja. "No kidding. You're great, aren't you." The girl praised making Naruto giggle. "But... why are you training?" "As for me, I want to get stronger!" "But, you already look strong enough." "No, no! I want to get even stronger!" "What for?" "To become the best Ninja in my village! I'm going to get everyone to recognize my strength! And I have to prove something to a certain person!"

"Is that for the sake of somebody? Or is it for your own sake?" "Huh?" The girl held in a laugh. "What's so funny?!" "Do you have somebody precious in your life?" "Precious...? What is it you want to say, sis?" The two of them sat in silence as the girl thought back to when she was a kid.

Flashback

It was snowing slightly and there was a homeless kid sitting next to a dumpster. She was dirty and was wearing old clothes. Just then a man walked up and threw his trash into the dumpster and the kid quickly began to dig through it looking for food. A homeless dog then appeared and started to bark at the kid. The dark was dirty and skinny. The girl then attacked the dog, sending it flying back. The girl turned back to the trash but more growling and barking was heard behind her. Turing back to the dog she saw two pups standing in front of it protectively. The dog then began to get up, also growling at her.

The girl was now sitting a a bridge. It was still snowing. A shadow then covered her. Looking up the kid saw that it was a Shinobi who had bandages covering his mouth and neck looking at her.

Flashback ended

The girl looked up from the ground, at Naruto. 'What is it?' "When a person has something precious they want to protect... that's when they can truly become strong." Naruto looked at her wide eyed and thought back to when Kakashi said he would protect them and to when Iruka protected him. "Yeah! I know that well too!" The girl stood up and grabbed her basket. "You'll get strong." "Yeah!" "I hope we meet again somewhere." The girl began walking away before stopping. "Oh... and... I'm a man!" Naruto was incredibly shocked. 'That can't be! He's cuter than Sakura.'

Sasuke was walking up to Naruto when he passed the girl. He stopped and looked back at her as Naruto thought of what just happened. "Why that's strange. This world is full of mystery..." Sasuke harshly hit him on the head. "Ouch. Hey! What're you doing?!" Sasuke crossed his arms. "Did you forget about mealtime you idiot?" "Huh? Hehe." Sasuke looked at him weirdly because of Naruto's reaction.

"Naruto?" You yelled. You and Kakashi were currently looking for your two teammates that still hadn't come back. "Where are they?" Just then a Kuni flew down from above and landed right in front of you and Kakashi. Looking up the two of you saw Naruto laying on a tree branch the was at the top of a tree. "He did it. Good job, Naruto! I knew you could do it!" You yelled. "How 'bout that, how 'bout that?! As for me, I can climb this high now!" Naruto then jumped up but his foot slipped and he lost his balance and started to fall. "Naruto!" "This is bad!" Naruto then caught himself, his feet sticking to the bottom of the branch. "Gatcha!" "Damn it, Naruto! Don't scare us like that!" You yelled. 'He's grown a little, eh.' Kakashi thought before Naruto actually fell shocking the both of you.

"Ahhhhhh!" Sasuke ran up the tree next to the one Naruto was on, and jumped towards Naruto grabbing his ankle and sticking to the branch. "You idiot." "Sasuke...?" The two of you sighed in relief. "Good job, Sasuke!" 'These kids really are growing.' The two of them then climbed down the tree with Naruto running up to you as soon as his feet hit the ground. "What'd you think of that, Sakura? Pretty impressive, eh?" "You fell off the branch and Sasuke had to save you." Naruto made a face. "He, well... Wait! I almost forgot!" Naruto started to run away. "Wait here, Sakura!" "Huh?" The three of you looked at Naruto confused as to why he ran away.

"Sakura-Chan!!!" You turned your head to where you heard Naruto's voice come from, and saw him carrying... herbs! Your eyes widened in shock. "Where did you get these!?" You yelled in shock as Naruto skidded to a stop in front of you while Sasuke and Kakashi looked at the two of you, confused on what they were seeing. "A girl helped me pick them! They're for you!" "Aww. Thank you, Naruto!" You gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and started to inspect the herbs. Sasuke's fist clenched and he glared at Naruto, filled with a feeling he didn't quite understand. Naruto looked to be in a daze. It was as if he couldn't process what had just happened. You looked at him in the eyes. "Naruto..." "Yeah?" "Thank you." Naruto started at your face. Your face that showed genuine gratitude and happiness, all because of what he did. In Naruto's eyes flowers had appeared around your smiling face further accentuating your beauty.

Naruto passed out. "Naruto!"

Somewhere else

Zabuza crushed an apple with one hand. "You've recovered considerably." Haku said. "All right... Just a little more, Haku." "Yes."

A while later

It was the middle of the night and both of your teammates were now standing at the very top of their own respective trees, both covered in sweat. "Shall we go back?" Sasuke asked. "Okay!"

"Their late again..." Tsunami complained worriedly. Just then the door opened to reveal Sasuke and Naruto. Naruto's arm was wrapped around Sasuke's neck, who had an arm wrapped around Naruto's wast. "What happened to you guys? You're really muddy and really wiped out." Tazuna asked. "We both... climbed up to the top." Naruto answered with a smirk. "Good. Naruto, Sasuke, you'll also start guarding Tazuna next time!" Kakashi spoke exiting the two boys. "Got it! Whoa!" In Naruto's excitement he accidentally caused the both of them to fall. "You idiot!" The three adults laughed at this.

The boys got up and sat at the table. It was just then that they realized they were missing a person. "Hey? Where's Sakura?" Naruto asked. "She's taking care of some sick people right now. Who knows when she'll get back." Tazuna states making Naruto dejected. "Aw man... the person I wanted most to see..." Sasuke was also slightly disappointed that his teammate wasn't here. Not that he'd admit that. "Look on the bright side! In just a teeny little bit, the bridge will be complete." Tazuna speaks, trying to raise the mood. "It's all thank to you guys." "Even so, don't let your guard down..." Tsunami spoke up. "I've really wanted to ask you for a long time now... But why are you still here even though I lied about the mission?"

"To see what is right without doing it bespeaks an absence of courage. Like master, like man." Kakashi spoke. "Eh?" "It's a teaching of the late Hokage. Inari glanced at Naruto, who was laying his head on the table. He started to have flashbacks of when Kaiza had saved the town from flooding, how he was publicly executed, and finally what he had told him the day Kaiza saved his life. "The things I truly hold dear to myself... I'll protect until the very end with both these arms."

Tears started to form in Inari's eyes as he remembered his father's last words to him. "Don't cry... Inari." Tears hit the table. "Why...?" Naruto lifted his head up to look at Inari. "What is it?" He slammed his hands on the table and yelled "Why do you desperately work so hard until you get like that?! There's no way you'd be a match for Geto's men even if you train! And there's no point in trying to heal people who are just going to get hurt! No matter what cool things you say or how much effort you make... the weak always lose out... against the truly strong!" Kakashi looked at Inari in shock, Tazuna with pity, Tsunami with shock and pity, and Sasuke didn't show any emotion.

"Shut up. I'm not like you." Naruto answered resting his head in his arms. "Shut up! Looking at you makes me sick! Sticking your nose in, even though you know nothing of this island! I'm not like you who's always acting frivolous, without knowing one thing about pain!" A shadow covered Naruto's eyes. "So you're just gonna cry all day like the lead in a tragedy?" Inari's eyes widened. "An idiot like you can just cry forever! You crybaby!" Naruto pulled his head up from his arms and glared at Inari, who was shocked by the action. Naruto walked out of the room and Inari started to cry even harder.

Later

Inari was sitting with his knees pressed against his chest as he looked at the ocean. You softly walked up behind him. "Hey Inari... I heard about what happened earlier from your mom." Inari didn't respond he just continued to stare at the water. You sat down next to him. "I'm sorry for what Naruto said. He can be a bit... uncouth. I'm sure he didn't mean to make you cry." "..." "Your mom told me about your father. I asked since I noticed you kept staring at a rip picture that was hanging on the wall." His lips trembled. "You know... Naruto didn't grow up with a dad either. Nor his mom, or have any friends." That got his attention.

"What?" "Yeah... I've seen him beat up and dirty, but never once have I seen him cry. The things he told you... he's probably told himself over and over million times. He's always so eager to be acknowledged by someone, and he's always ready to risk his life to achieve his dream." Inari looked back at the water and remembered his father's face. "Naruto knows the true meaning of strong... like your father. But I think you already knew that. I saw it on your face. You thought of your father just now right?" "How did you...?" "I'm a Ninja. I'm quite perceptive." You gave the kid a little smirk when you saw his mood had improved. "It's getting a little cold don't cha think? We should be heading inside soon, huh?" Inari giggled. "You're a Ninja shouldn't you be used to this already?" "Hey! I'm new to this! Besides I was looking out for you so there!" You stuck your tongue out at him making him giggle even more.

You two stayed like that for a while before Inari spoke up. "How... how are they?" "Yukio and his mother are getting better, so are they others. I was able to get crops from the family who had a secret garden. Now that I think about it. I never did get any of their names, huh?" Inari nodded. "I think I know who you're talking about. They were probably scared that someone might over hear and tell Geto that they were growing crops without permission." "I see..." Inari grew sad at the mention of Geto. "Inari. I promise you that me and my team will free you from Geto's control. I swear on my life." Inari stared at you, his eyes swirling with emotion, before looking away. "Whatever..."

The next day

"Okay, then! I leave Naruto in your hands. Because he's used his body to the limit... I don't think he'll be able to move today." Kakashi told Tsunami. "Mr. Kakashi, are you feeling all right?" "Yes, thanks to my cute little Kunoichi I'm all better." You yawed in agreement. "Yep. He's in the clear to continue to protect Tazuna." "Are you sure you're okay, honey? You look so tired..." Tsunami said looking at your sunken eyes that had small bags under them. "I'm-yawn- fine. Besides if anything happens they'll need a healer." 'How could I stay knowing what was about to happen?'  You had to come along. The pit of dread that had formed in your stomach told you enough. This was the day. Your eyes hardened and your fist clenched.

Your teammates glanced at you worriedly but didn't say anything knowing that it would be futile. "We'll be going!" Tazuna said as he waved goodbye to his daughter.

Elsewhere

"What're you doing? I didn't hire you guys for charity work... Hey, are you listening, Zabuza?! Hey!" Zabuza stepped on the radio, Geto was talking to them through, breaking it in half. "Shall we go... Haku?" "Yes." He looked up at the bridge that loomed over them. It was daytime and the two of them were on a small wooden boat, under the bridge Tazuna was in the process of building.

Tazuna's house

Naruto woke up and blinked slowly a couple times before shooting up. "I overslept!" He quickly ran downstairs. "Hey hey! Where is everyone?" "Naruto... Your Sensei wanted you to rest and relax today." Naruto ran back to his room and quickly got dressed. "I knew it! They left me behind." He ran out of the house. "I'll be back!"

Naruto frog jumped from tree to tree. "Darn it! They could've woken me up!" "Huh?" Naruto made a confused sound as he spotted a cut up boar.

At the bridge

"W-What the heck is this?!" Tazuna yelled as he saw all of his workers passed out on the ground. "What is going on? What's happened?" "Get behind us!" You pushed Tazuna behind you and Kakashi. 'It couldn't be...' Kakashi thought.

Tazuna's house

"Inari! Give me a hand. Inari?! I'll be right there." Tsunami yelled as two men walked up to her door. They both had swords. One with grey hair and a beanie. The other with a tattoo and eyepatch.

Bridge

Fog started to cover the bridge making it hard to see. 'This mist...' "Sasuke! Sakura! They're coming!" Kakashi said and the two of you quickly pulled out a Kuni. 'I knew he was still alive. Making an appearance so soon, eh...' A cold sweat form on your back. You were scared.
"Sorry to have kept you waiting, Kakashi. I see you've got those brats with you as always. He's still trembling. Poor thing." Zabuza said referring to Sasuke whose hand was shaking. Zabuza's clones suddenly surrounded the four of you and Sasuke smirked confusing the clone in front of him. "I'm trembling with... excitement." "Do it, Sasuke." Kakashi smiled. Zabuza prepared to swing his sword but Sasuke quickly killed all of the clones. 'I can see it!' "Well-well. So he could see the Water Clones, eh. That brat's grown quite a bit." The real Zabuza and Haku stepped forward. "This means a rival has emerged, Haku." "So it seems."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 300 11
This is a story of a random guy (I don't give identity to someone that will be reincarnated because is useless) who get reincarnated as a girl in the...
22 0 5
In "Unseen Journey," follow the gripping tale of a young girl who endures a life marked by abuse and tragedy in her own world, only to meet a tragic...
408K 13.9K 78
Depressed shut-in girl, who spends her days watching Naruto over and over again, is killed by accident. After her death, she's reincarnated in the Na...
19.9K 530 12
Do you ever wonder how Sasuke and Sakura came to be? This is a story of their travels together. Takes place durning the blank period after Sasuke ret...