Uzumaki née Senju

By AGeekWithGlasses

Tsunade x male OC More

OC
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Arrival
Chapter 2 - Konoha
Chapter 3 - Meeting the Senju
Chapter 4 - The Uzumaki
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 5 - Settling In

63 0 0
By AGeekWithGlasses

The Uzumaki sat at the table in silence.

Yoshitatsu looked at the older woman who was burdened by so many responsibilities for most of her life.

He pitied her.

They finished their dinner quietly.

Yoshitatsu stayed behind to wash the dishes while Mito went to her study.

When he was done cleaning the kitchen, Mito invited him to sit with her in the living room.

Yoshitatsu obliged and sat with her, waiting for her to speak.

"The world is unkind." Mito started. "It gives us love but also takes it away."

"Hashirama's death took a toll on this family. Yes, it affected the village, but it shook the family to its core. Despite of it, we still pressed on and supported each other."

"Then the war came and took Tobirama away from us. And after his death, our family began to die away. I am what's left of their family. I am all Nawaki and Tsunade have."

She paused.

"You are a loyal shinobi. A man not only loyal to his nation, but loyal to his family. In the short time I've come to know you, I can see what the Uzukage and clan head see. You embody what it is to be an Uzumaki and what every Uzumaki should strive to be."

"Yoshitatsu. I also have a mission for you as the daughter of the Shodaime Uzukage. I ask that you also take care of Tsunade and Nawaki while you're here. Their last name may be Senju, but they have Uzumaki blood flowing through them. I ask that you take care of them just as well as you guard Kushina. Don't let anything happen to them, please."

Yoshitatsu took in her words and slowly digested them.

Once he collected his thoughts, he stood from his seat.

Mito watched as he moved in front of her and kneeled, catching her off guard.

"Princess Mito Uzumaki, daughter of the Shodaime Uzukage, Arashi Uzumaki. Word of your talent and bravery is well-known and praised throughout the Whirlpool Country. You are among some of the finest kunoichi that has come from our land. There is no greater honor than being given this mission. I accept." He said.

Mito's eyes watered and she pulled him up to give him a hug.

She felt as if a huge burden had been taken off her shoulders.

No one knows how much these matters weighed on her.

She constantly worried about her grandchildren. Worried that one day, Tsunade wouldn't come back to her. That Nawaki would be thrown onto the battlefield unprepared and never see home again. After watching your closest family fall, there's a never ending fear of seeing that message bird in the sky and getting a letter that some you loved was killed in action.

She felt guilty about taking a young girl from her home and making her suffer the trials of being the jinchuriki of the Kyuubi no Kitsune. She worried that the girl would lose herself and succumb to its darkness. Unlike she who had the protection of being the wife of the Hokage, Kushina had no real ties to village even if she was her relative. It would be many tribulations to overcome and it filled her with sadness to burden the child with such a heavy responsibility.

In doing what was necessary, Mito felt like a terrible person and felt that the Shinigami would throw her in the pits of hell in the afterlife.

Then, a young man by the name of Yoshitatsu Uzumaki was sent to live in the village.

She knew he was a seal master since she received his profile a few years ago. However, she knew nothing of his character and wasn't sure of the full scope of his abilities.

Now that she has met him, he exceeded all expectations of him.

He was a man of principle and good character. He took his duties seriously as sharp as a well-seasoned shinobi. Additionally, he seemed to have a firm grasp on business and politics.

She wouldn't need to worry about Kushina because she knew he wouldn't let anything happen to her and would make sure he stayed around to keep it that way.

And now, he just told her that he would do the same for her grandchildren. He would be there for them when she couldn't.

It made her laugh as she cried.

Her clan seemed to have grown up to be able to produce such a young man.

Yoshitatsu quietly comforted her, sighing in his heart.

Was his clan really so naive before?

No matter how much trust they had in the Senju, they should have sent someone from the clan to accompany her.

Even though Mito seemed to make herself right at home in Konoha, having a familiar face with you from home is comfort. Additionally, you have someone at your side you can trust unconditionally (most of the time).

Life is easier when you have someone that can share your burden.

That's what he wanted to be for princess Kushina. Someone who can be her rock.

And at Mito's request, he had to be that for her grandchildren.

It's a huge burden, but he would gladly shoulder it so her shoulders can be light and free. No one should spend their final days with a heavy heart.

Troubled souls only become lost spirits who can't pass into the afterlife. He didn't want that for Mito.

After sharing her burdens, she pulled out of his embrace it looked at him with a warm smile.

"Your parents raised a fine young man." She rubbed the top of his head.

Yoshitatsu accepted her affectionate gesture before standing on his feet.

He went back to his seat to sit down.

"Mito-sama." Yoshitatsu said humbly. "In order to fulfill my duties to the greatest extent, I'm going to need the means and power to do so. I-"

Mito raised her hand, silencing him.

"I understand, Tatsu-kun." Mito replied. "I will cooperate with you and make sure you have the support you need."

She slowly stood from her seat.

"Come with me." She started out of the living room.

Yoshitatsu got up and followed her.

Mito lead him down the hall to an empty wall.

He was confused at first then saw Mito harshly bite her thumb before smearing it on a specific spot.

A seal appeared on the surface and glowed.

The wall began to fade away, revealing another hallway.

He silently followed the woman until they stopped at a set of double doors.

Mito closed her eyes and formed a few hand signs before pressing a hand against the door.

The seal on the door glowed and Mito pushed it open.

Behind the doors was a library.

Yoshitatsu looked around while Mito went to light some candles.

In the light, Yoshitatsu could make out the scrolls that were neatly organized on the shelves.

Some shelves were stocked with journals while others had books.

Yoshitatsu noticed the familiar volumes of fuinjutsu taught to normal shinobi and a few Uzumaki scrolls. His eyes wondered until Mito got his attention.

In her hands was a large scroll that seemed to have collected dust after some time.

"Here are some of the most brilliant, but deadly jutsus created by no one other than my brother-in-law, the Nidaime Hokage." She said as she brushed some of the the dust away. "My late husband sealed it away to keep these jutsu out of the hands of those who would misuse them."

She placed the scroll in his hands.

Yoshitatsu stared down at it, brows furrowing.

When he looked up at Mito, she was smiling.

"Mito-sama...." He was about to express.

"Please accept it." Mito interrupted. "I believe both my husband and brother-in-law would like you to have it as well."

Yoshitatsu closed his mouth, not sure what to say.

Mito chuckled at his dumb look before her expression became sad.

"Nawaki will come around, but Tsunade is stubborn." She said. "You have to be the one to take the initiative."

The corner of Yoshitatsu's mouth twitched as he looked at Mito in amusement.

"I understand." He nodded.

He could see that the woman was anxious.

Yoshitatsu sealed the scroll away in his arm.

He and Mito discussed more things before they left the library.

Mito adjusted the seal and added Yoshitatsu's blood to the matrix so that he could enter the library himself.

After a long night of discussion, they both retired for the night.

Mito slept well that night.

Yoshitatsu, on the other, laid in his new bed and stared up at the ceiling.

Now that he was settled down, he could process everything.

Even though he had known about his engagement to the Senju at 16, it steal felt surreal to him.

He thought about all the things he wanted to do in life and the places he wanted to see.

When he had returned home 3 years ago, he went there full of hopes and dreams like any other young man.

Being told he was to marry the Senju heiress and live in Konoha, all those hopes and dreams crumbled before him.

He felt bitter in his heart and still did.

However, he also understood that he had a duty to his clan and to his country.

So he put aside his own desires and committed himself to this lifelong mission.

After talking to the Uzukage and clan head, he could more than less understand what they were trying to do and even though it was a good idea.

Being away from home for 6 years allowed him to see a world much different from the little island he came from. He understood the position of his country and knew that if they continued to live outside of the shinobi world, that world would find them.

He had learned about how smaller countries became battlegrounds in the First Shinobi war. And with another war brewing, their country could very well become a battlefield since they were pretty much in between Fire and Water country.

The thought of his home being ruined sent a chill up his spine.

No matter how much he desired to travel the world, he couldn't let anything happen to his home. He knew what was at stake and didn't dare take his mission lightly.

He didn't know what to expect out of this marriage or what he even wanted out of it.

But he knew how important it was so he'd make it work, no matter what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 662 15
Naruto meets Banri at his lowest, the red-haired beauty bleeding out from a suicide attempt, and kickstarts a relationship built on love, trust, and...
461K 13.3K 80
this is a sasuke x male!oc ((Made this when I was a kid)) ((WARNING: misspellings, plot holes, last name mistakes, ALOT of ideas that were squeezed i...
10.9K 317 12
Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki are rivals, friends, and teammates. But, both have always felt something more for the other. (Narusasu/Sasunaru, mil...
211K 9K 35
❝ ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ Qᴜɪʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪᴛ ❞ ─── QUIRK ─── .·:·.個性.·:·. ...