Checkmate.

Autorstwa K_wriites

BWWM I scoff, "you think I'll get on my knees & beg to an asshole like you?! Well-".I'm cut off by a raspy c... Więcej

Introduction
Chapter 1. - Grey Eyed Asshole.
Chapter 2- Surprise, Suprise.
Chapter 3- Friend group.
Chapter 4- Let hell begin.
Chapter 5- Pay attention.
Chapter 6- Practice makes perfect.
Chapter 7- Perv.
Chapter 8- I'll give you what you want.
Chapter 9- Bathroom break.
Chapter 10- Dont get comfortable.
Chapter 11- Sandwich.
Chapter 12- The race.
Chapter 13- Sore loser.
Author's note
Chapter 14- New face.
Chapter 15- Dog
Chapter 16- Found you.
Chapter 17- fuck buddy.
Chapter 18- the Deal
Chapter 19- secrets revealed
Chapter 20- Turning point.
Chapter 21- Game Day.
Chapter 22- The Game
Chapter 23- Celebration.
Chapter 24-Princess
Chapter 25-Project
Chapter 26- Alone.
Not an update
Chapter 27- The mistake.
Chapter- 28 Drunk.
Chapter 29- The box.
Chapter 30- Pizza
Chapter 31- Taste ⚠️
Chapter 32 - The news
Chapter 33- The ball
Chapter 34- Class
Chapter 36- The Fight.
Chapter 37- Winner
Chapter 38- Details
Chapter 39- Agreement.
Chapter 40- The Deal.
Chapter 41- Compliment
Chapter 42- taken
Chapter 43- Aftermath
Authors note (not an update)
Chapter 44- Anger
Chapter 45- Sapphire
Chapter 46- Back to normal.
Chapter 47- touch me
Author's note
Chapter 48- Chaos
Chapter 49- traitor
Chapter 50- M.I.A
Chapter 51- Safe
Chapter 52- Free
Chapter 53- Yes.

Chapter 35- Hoodie

2.6K 128 10
Autorstwa K_wriites

A FEW DAYS LATER

ZARIAS POV

"Fuck fuck fuck!" I drop the curling irons as I burn myself for the 5th time. "Shit that hurt." I move my hair out of the way to inspect my neck. I notice a light bruise forming as I dab some cold water on it. My hands are so unsteady.

These past few days have been good. Me and Dante have.. made up. I guess you could say? He took me to lunch, and we talked. He's not a huge asshole when he's apologizing.

I was attempting to curl my hair for class today, but it hadn't been going my way. I curl a few more strands before calling a quits. "You know what? This will have to do." I quickly throw on a hoodie trying my best to cover the many burn marks around my neck as I pack a few snacks for the road.

"Good morning." A raspy voice speaks and I turn to see Dante stretching as he comes out of his room. "Good morning!" I take a bite of my toaster waffle. "Class?" I nod. Dante steps closer to me bending down and takes a big bite  out of the waffle nearly eating all of it.

I place my waffle down glaring at him. "You did not." "Oh, but I did sweetheart." I flick him off as I quickly turn around. Dante spins me back around as his face shifts to one of confusion.

I raise an eyebrow trying to figure out what he was looking at. My neck. He grabs the drawstrings of my hood wrapping them around his hand as he yanks me closer to him, pushing the hoodie down around my neck.

"What the fuck. Is on your neck, are those- hickeys?" His words cut sharp. He grabs my chin titling my head up inspecting my neck. "I burnt myself," I answer honestly. "Multiple fucking times?" He holds my chin to meet his gaze now.

"Yes, multiple times. No big deal. Plus even if they were hickies it really wouldn't matter because"-" because what?" "We're friends." His jaw clenches at my words as he nods.

"We are friends no? If someone was sucking on my neck while I moaned their name— "then they'd be dead." He snaps. Scary Mafia man.

Dante showing... Jealousy was a surprise to me. Like the other day him actually... admitting it? Caught me by surprise. "I have class Dante, I need to go." He still has my hoodie strings wrapped around his hand I attempt to pull them from his grip.  He didn't say a word, he just slowly brought his face to mine.

"Can I kiss you, Ria?" I nod hesitantly. "Words." "Yes." His lips meet mine as he runs his hands through my hair pulling my head back. His lips shift, latching onto my neck sucking and licking my skin. I hold back the moan threatening to come out as he lets my head go. He pecks my lips once more before smirking.

What did he do- I rush to the bathroom mirror. Right in the middle of my neck, clearly distinguished among my burns, was a hickey. "Dante!" I storm out of the bathroom as he laughs. "I'm so glad you think this shit is funny." I roll my eyes grabbing my bag for class. "Bye, princess." I flick him off once more as I walk out the door.

                             . . .

"We've only got a little left to do, want to finish it tonight?" Carter questions. We still have to finish the analysis part of our project. We've been working on this for more than a month. "Sure. Should we meet at the library?" "I was thinking of your dorm." His answer catches me by surprise.

"Oh? Ok, that's fine too." I'll see you later. I begin walking back to the dorm as I try my best to keep my hoodie secured around my neck. Classes today have been... rough. I was tried, truthfully. Once in the dorm, I put my bag down and began doing my homework.

Soon, the door opens revealing the whole crew. Ryan and Jayden were arguing as Luca and Dante both looked like they wanted to kill them. "You shot me!" Ryan yells "That was like a week ago, get over it!" Jayden responds. "OK, let me shoot you. Get even." "Im going shoot you in the mouth if you don't shut the fuck up." Luca snaps.

I don't think the crew has noticed I'm here yet, so I decide to greet them. "Hi guys," I mumble out. Their heads turn in my direction as Jayden walks over. "Ay ZZ my favorite sister!" He hugs me from behind "Aren't I your only sister?" I question. "Minor details, what's up with the hoodie?" He tugs at my collar as I eye Dante.

"It's cold." "Right."  "Hey Zaria, long time no see," Ryan says waving. "Your brother shot me by the way. I guess it's a thing with you siblings beating on me?" My mind drifts back to the night of the party when  I went ninja on Ryan with a hanger.

"Sorry about that," I mutter as Jayden sits down next to me. "What's this algebra?" He picks up my paper writing nonsense. "Give me that! It's advanced calculus." I snatch my paper back as well as my pencil.

"Zaria," Dante says my name in a blunt tone causing me and Jayden to look at him. "Bethany and a friend of mine are coming over. We have to work on this stupid project." He grumbles

"You mean Brittany, and ok. Carter is coming over too." "Carter?" Jayden peeps up. "Yes, Carter. My project partner." There's a knock on the door and Dante goes to open it. "Dante! Hi!"
A brunette a bit taller than me throws her arms around Dante's neck hugging him. Jealousy hits me like a ton of bricks.

I have no right to be jealous what is going on, get it together Z.

He pushes her off as if she'd burn him. "Don't touch me. I bite my cheek to keep from laughing. "Sorry baby. Oh, who's she? She glances at me as I put my focus back on my work. "My roommate." Dante keeps it short, and blunt.

"Oh! Well let me introduce myself, I'm Heaven, Dante's girlfriend." Girlfriend. Girlfriend?!  I glance back at Dante's who's glaring at her.

"Stop saying that shit. I'm not your boyfriend, far fucking from." He snaps. The brunette goes to speak before there's another knock on the door. Dante opens it once again revealing Carter. "Hey!" I pop up from my seat standing behind Dante who's still blocking the door.

"Excuse us." I grab his hand and drag him into my room. "I'll be right back I need to grab my stuff. I quickly go back to the table and gather my stuff. "We're going to head out ZZ, see you later." Jayden pats my head and I swat at his hand.

"Bye, guys. I wave before returning to Carter. "Ready to get started?" He questions and I nod.

                          . . .

"And that's the last of it." I turn my computer so Carter can see the completed document. "Looks good." I stare at the computer screen and I notice Carter's eyes shifting down. My hoodie. It slipped down making my burns and... hickey visible.

"Zaria oh my gosh, are you ok?" He places his hand gently on my neck turning it causing me to flinch a little. "Did- did Dante do this? Are these bruises? Did Dante do this to me? seriously? "I did it. I was curling my hair. Dante wouldn't hurt me, Carter, I know that." I snap fixing my hoodie.

"Zaria's he's not the good guy you think he is-" "The projects done. You can go." I stand from the floor opening my room door. I step out and notice the blonde is here as well. She and the brunette are busy gawking at Dante as he types away on the computer. Who would've thought he does his work?

I tear my eyes away from them as I walk Carter to the door. "I didn't mean to upset you Zaria-" I suddenly didn't hear the sounds of typing anymore and I felt his eyes on me.

"It's fine Carter. I'll see you in class. "Wait-" he catches the door and leans in kissing my cheek. I freeze. "Goodnight." I close the door and try my best not to look at Dante. I can feel him burning holes in my head.

"Dante, are you listening?" I hear Heaven question as I close my room door. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. Let me just relax for a bit.

                           . . .

A knock sounds on my bedroom door as I pause my show. "It's unlocked." In walks Dante with a bored expression plastered on his face. "What's your issue?" I sit up from my bed as he remains silent taking steps towards me.

"Your little friend is my problem." He's now stood right in front of me. "you be worried about that girlfriend of yours." I give him a sarcastic smile looking up at him. "She's not my girlfriend, I don't do girlfriends. She was a good fuck." He says nonchalantly.

"Well, congratulations." I lay back down watching TV. "Zaria." "There's the door, Dante, I'm tired." I hear him huff before I'm lifted off my bed. "Put me down!" "Will you listen?" "Yes."

He sets me down in front of him as he keeps his arms wrapped around my waist. "You annoy me." He says bluntly. "Wow you know I thought this conversation would be nice-" "Shut up and let me finish."

I snap my mouth closed as he speaks. "You annoy me because I crave you, Zaria. But I'm not the fairytale boyfriend you deserve. I kill people. I'm going to the don of a fucking mafia, Ria."

"I know that Dante. I know." I cut him off. "Then why? Why do you still let me get this close to you? You let me kiss you. You- you aren't scared of me."

"Well, for one I don't exactly have the best taste in men. The person I thought I loved- hurt me. He was a completely normal guy. So, I don't judge a book by its cover. You haven't given me a reason to run Dante." I shrug looking up at him.

"You are something else." He mumbles "I know. Now, is that all? I am tired." I yawn as he pulls me closer pulling my hoodie down.

"You look good with my mark on you." He smirks. "Shut up." I shove him, & this asshole laughs. "Don't act like you don't like the idea of me leaving marks all over you. my lips all over your body as you squirm under me.." His voice shifts, and his eyes find my lips.

Ignoring the butterflies he just put in my stomach, I clear my throat. "Well, right now I like the idea of you- leaving my room. Goodnight." I open the door once again hoping he'll take the hint. If he doesn't, I think I'll end up doing something I'll regret. "Kicking me out sweetheart? I'm hurt." He holds his chest being dramatic.

"Whatever, Goodnight." I watch as he walks out the door before turning back to me. He leans down placing a kiss on my cheek. It felt different than when Carter did.... It felt... right. "Goodnight, Ria."

. . .

THE NEXT DAY

DANTES POV

"So, girlfriend huh?" Jayden takes another jab at me nearly hitting me in the face. "She's not my fucking girlfriend." I send a powerful punch toward his torso catching him off guard.

He takes the hit well, before firing one back connecting with my rib. I wince slightly clutching my side. "I figured. She didn't seem like your type." he takes his gloves off holding his torso as I hold my ribs.

"And how would you know?" I scoff jumping out of the ring. "You still think I don't notice your little glances. Come on man, I'm your best friend. I can read you pretty damn well." I knew he was talking about Zaria. But I wouldn't give him the privilege of being right.

"Don't fuck with her head. You don't do relationships. You said it yourself."He was right. So what did I want with Zaria? I couldn't keep her off my mind long enough to focus. Let alone see her with someone else. The thought itself made my blood boil.

"That might change. I gotta go." I change quickly into a pair of sweats and a compression shirt. I drove back to the dorm hoping to catch Ria before she left.

I swing the dorm door open to find her asleep on the couch. The TV plays loudly as her phone rests in her hand. She took her wig off. Her natural curly hair fell right before her shoulders.

I quietly walk up to her before shouting. "Zaria!" She jolts awake punching me right in the stomach. "Goddamnit Dante! Why would you do that?! Are you ok?!" she pulls my shirt up and gasps.

"Did I do that? Oh my gosh, sit down and let me get some ice. She pushes me onto the couch. Did she think- the bruise Jayden gave me was from that little punch? Cute. She comes back with an ice pack lifting my shirt.

"Fuck that's cold." I hiss as the cool pack hits my skin. "It's an ice pack idiot." She mutters. I glance down at her as she lets her eyes wander over my abs. "Staring?" I tease.

"I was not staring. You know what you can hold this-" she stands and attempts to leave before I grab her arm. "You have to warm me up." She smiles before slapping my chest. Little demon.

"You'll be fine." I scoff. "Where did the sympathy go?" "It's gone." I take the ice pack off as I sit up. "Wow, princess. That's low even for you."
"Will you shut up? my show is on." she sits on the couch next to me.

I pause her show, turning to her. "I need to talk to you. About last night." "me being annoying?" She questions.

"No. About us Zaria. I can't deal with the tension. Sexual tension. But you aren't just a fuck to me. I've never had a girlfriend, but I want something with you Zaria. To be able to touch you when I want to. Make you feel good." I continue.

"Thought I wasn't your type?" She teases. When I first met Zaria, I was automatically attracted to her. But I was an asshole. Why? I don't know. I wanted to push her away so damn bad. But I couldn't. She was always stuck right there.

"Do I need to show you?" I pull her closer taking in her appearance. She had on the smallest pair of shorts, and her nipples were visibly hard through her tank top. Fuck. I felt blood rush straight to my dick.

"Are you serious about this Dante? You won't wake up tomorrow and be back to being an asshole?" I nod. "Words." She uses my own saying against me. "Yes, Zaria." She smiles at my response.

"So what does this mean?" "It means"— I pull her  fully onto my lap. "You're mine. And that fucker Carter doesn't get to touch you. Ever." I warn "And you're mine?" "I've been yours, sweetheart" I respond bringing her face closer to mine as I kiss her lips.

She smiles into the kiss wrapping her arms around my neck. I pull away looking at her like a teenager who just had his first kiss. "So we're doing this?" "We're doing this."

"Last chance to run away Ria, I'll still let you change your mind." I give her a pleasing look. "I'm not running Dante. I want to try this." She pulls me into a hug and I rest my head against her chest.

"Let me take you out tomorrow." The room falls silent for a moment and my heart rate picks up. Was I fucking nervous? Yes, yes I was. She takes a deep breath before answering. "Ok."

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

OK. SO. Zante is in motion how we feeling? Also... yall got the last chapter to 10 votes LITERALLY the same day... insane I love yall sm thank u thank u thank uuuuu!!!! 🩵🩵

As always, thank you for reading
10 votes for update

Vote vote vote

Vote

Vote

Comment

Vote

Vote

Byeee 😘😘😘

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

473K 11.5K 67
Ever had your world revolve around a man? ✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️✴️ "Get off me" I furrow my brows "wha..." "Get off me damnit!" He yelled I qu...
199K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
131K 3.1K 52
I watched as he slowly made his way up to me. Every step he took towards me, I stepped back until my back hit the wall. "If you know what I'm capable...
15.2K 930 48
WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!!! ★Be careful who you trust. Because, even your bestfriend can also become your greatest enemy★ Don't come close to me !" I...