What Universe is This Again?

By Allioune24

"I can feel it!" exclaimed Lophe, the pope of Obelia's current religion. "The new Empress and the Saint of Ob... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII

XXXV

986 86 8
By Allioune24

Claude was left speechless by his twin's words. He gazed at them in complete confusion. He slowly rose up, anger dissipated the moment he realized the comfort of their presence. He sat up straight and gazed at them, who had a serious expression on their faces.

"I am miserable?" he asked himself.

"You don't even know you're miserable," Athy replied. The twins stood up and gazed at him from above. "Don't worry, Daddy. We won't die at your hands."

"We refuse to die at your hands," Yhan seconded.

Claude finally realized this was reality.

"It's good to see you, Daddy. We missed you."

*flash!*

Claude reached out his hand to stop them from leaving. Words that he thought made him insane were uttered in complete panic.

"Don't go."

His hands, laid in public, desiring to catch them, suddenly had someone to hold. Two small hands, smaller than his own, cupped his hands fervently. Two children with tears in their eyes clutched his hands and placed them on their foreheads.

Claude could not speak. He could feel a lump in his throat. Agony crept into his being, as if his soul were being ripped apart.

A broken nest contains whole eggs.

There were no words spoken during that moment. Claude, who thought he was not holding them close, drew them into his arms.

He may not remember anything. He may have completely forgotten everything about them.

However...

He knew he needed to hold them. Reassure them. Make them stay, even if rage consumed his entire being. He knew right away that the cold rage in his heart was not directed at them. This was only for him.

He despised himself more than he did the world.

Despite his feelings for the children, he continued to blame, hurt, and push them away, even though he missed them so much.

The dream of loving someone he can not seem to remember...

Claude's sad sigh reverberated throughout the room. The twins did not spare him a glance as he continued to stare outside, watching the bright moonlight enter the room. His heart and soul were at peace.

He buried his head on their shoulders, gripping them with the rage he was attempting to control.

He felt his shoulder become wet from their tears.

It is repulsive.

It is tedious.

It is annoying.

Yet...

It is fulfilling.

It's loving...

It's... happiness.

Claude used to despise the idea of family. He once watched his entire family tree fall apart, leaving him as the only branch. However, no matter how hard he shakes his branch, these fruits refuse to fall off.

The thought of these children becoming like him bothers him.

Neglected and loathed children still love their parents, but they also stop loving themselves.

It was a painful reality that Claude knew from the moment he was born.

Yet...

These fruits, which refused to yield under his rotten branch, were a God-given opportunity for him to mend his rotten life.

I would like to remember.

He wishes to recall those memories.

I want to remember the moments when they were my world.

He desperately wanted to return their call.

I'm sure... those memories... are wonderful and happy...

Just as a fleeting, weak branch once tried to hold onto its trunk, he wants to hold onto these fruits and allow them to bud into another sapling.

For the first time in his life, Claude wanted to give himself hope that no one else had given him.

*argh!* He screams and shoves the twins away from him.

He collapsed on the floor and screamed in agony. He looked at himself, and the black magic he had cast on himself appeared in the form of black fog. He screamed in agony, begging both himself and the spell to leave.

"FELIX!" he exclaimed, "ARGH!"

The pain in his head and chest persisted. He looks at the twins, who are looking at him with sad eyes.

Please do not look at me like that.

He chants inside his head. He did not want them to look at him that way. Their gazes were filled with worry as they held each other's hands for comfort.

"FELIX!" he screams once more.

But, before Felix could enter, Athy and Yhan embraced him tightly. A warm light surrounded him, along with a warm spell that relieved the pain in his head.

He grabbed their backs with force. He did not realize he could hurt them, but he clutched them tightly as if his life depended on it.

*meow!*

That was all he heard before losing consciousness in the arms of his children, who were crying out his name.

.

.

Felix and Lillian rushed into the Emperor's chambers. Their highnesses were seated, caring for their unconscious father. Felix could not help but smile as he hugged both of them and expressed gratitude for their safety.

Furthermore, the empty Zircon Palace was once again occupied by workers.

With Claude unconscious, Yhan was forced to assume regency and eliminate all nobles who attempted to do anything while Claude was unconscious. Some rumors circulated about the runaway prince and princess returning after learning the Emperor was ill.

Of course, Lophe Strass made the correct decision by preaching about the Imperial Family in order to keep its internal affairs private.

However, there was one thing that Yhan mentioned during the conference.

Duke Alpheus' hidden movements and communication with Jennette.

Yhan took advantage of the opportunity to issue an order prohibiting visitors from entering the palace at this time. There is a good chance that the man who orchestrated Athy's mana explosion will enter the palace again.

He mentions one more concern.

There are two twin-tailed cats in front of him. One was silver and the other red. It was the entity that prevented Claude's Black magic from losing control, but he did not know what to call them.

"Cale-nyah looking like an idiot."

"Nyah! Yeah...still weak as ever-nyah."

"Ohn, Hong, it is nice to see you," he said as he petted the cat's head.

"Nyah! He remembered!! We missed you, Cale!!!" Hong meows.

"Not Cale—Yhan-nyah!"

"Yhan-nyah!"

The kittens continued to interact with him. Who would have guessed they were divine beasts who had come to help him right now?

"I think the Princess should take temporary regency already." Alver Crossman, who had arrived with the rest of his people, said, "Compared to you, she already had the qualification to take regency because she already had her debutante."

"I believe so, too," Yhan said, stamping some of the border issues documents. "However...it requires the approval of the Senate and high-ranking nobles."

"And?"

"Duke Alpheus had more than half of the entire senate on his side," not to mention that Duke Robane could not assist them right now. The urgency of internal affairs prevented Yhan from wielding complete authority. Even though he had the ugly Imperial Seal—he did not have the entire authority to do so.

Especially...

Claude had been sleeping for almost a week since that night, with no signs of waking up.

Yhan frowned. He remembered that Claude had fallen into a deep slumber in Lovely Princess, and that a black entity had taken over the Obelian Empire and destroyed it.

But who? Unlike the white star, who appeared during one of the main battles with the Mogoru Empire, the enemy here has yet to show signs of its presence or identity.

He most likely possessed a fragment of the sealed god.

However, this makes the current situation more dangerous.

He was deep in thought when the cats smacked him on the forehead with their cute little paws.

"Why are you thinking so deeply?" Hong asked.

"Yah. Yhan-nyah should not think too deeply," Ohn said. "Let us just force them out."

Yhan stared at them, waiting to see how they could drive their enemy away.

The twin cats rubbed each other's faces and smiled, "Let's just destroy it, nyah! It'll be faster!"

WHO THE HELL TAUGHT THIS KIDS?!

Yhan internally screamed but remembered he was the culprit behind all his children's sadistic tendencies.

.

.

Jennette was informed of Yhan's unexpected order for the Imperial Palace closure. Only designated palaces are permitted to receive guests with his approval. The entire palace became more strict than ever. She was not even allowed to meet anyone unless it was on official business.

She can not help it. Ayhan was more experienced than her and Athanasia. It had reached the point where their father entrusted the entirety of the palace affairs to Ayhan.

Even though she was older than them, she lacked the authority that the twins possessed. Not like Yhan at all. She also wanted to meet the black-haired uncle who helped her choose Athy's ribbon. With things going on inside the palace, she can't even meet them while they're dealing with the nobles.

"Are you already missing me?"

Jennette looked at the man who had entered her palace. It was the Black haired uncle she was fond of. Duke Alpheus seemed to have brought him along while he attended the senate.

She took him to the rose gardens and had some tea with him. They talked normally but as soon as Princess Athanasia was in sight, she hurriedly went to her and welcomed her. She heard news that they came back a week ago but everything was so hectic that she couldn't even meet them at all.

Athanasia smiled at her but she looked a bit tired.

.

.

Athanasia did not try to meet Jennette for two reasons: first, she was too busy, and second, Yhannie advised her not to meet her under any circumstances. The ribbon she wore during that incident still had black magic cast upon it. Yhan advised her to remain vigilant and cautious around her. Yhan had every right to suspect her, regardless of whether she was or was not involved.

She greeted him as usual but then noticed the black-haired man standing right in front of the glass house.

Yhan made certain that she understood Black Magic and the sensation it produces. Raon made sure to teach her about them and how to counteract their effects. He was too cautious and she knew why he had to be.

Their current situation is threatening the peace they had.

That's why...

When it comes to Black Magic, she can not make a mistake.

The black-haired man in front of her bore a resemblance to Claude. The eerie atmosphere surrounding him irritated her.

She can tell from this person's appearance that he is currently wielding black magic.

She could not let down her guard. She smiled and carried herself in the same way that he would in such situations.

"Why is there a guest at the Imperial Palace?" Athy inquired. She was the one who suggested that Yhan refrain from accepting guests, which her brother immediately ordered.

Jennette turned pale when she asked that. The man standing by the Glass House wore an eerie expression. His gaze was alarmed and ruthless, gloomy at first but stern the second time Athanasia looked at him.

Duke Alpheus arrived just as the man was about to answer.

"Blessings and Glory to the Obelian Empire." The old sly dog bowed his head and looked at her. It was clear that this man was looking down on her.

How would Yhan react in situations like this?

Athanasia was not smiling.

"Why is there a guest in the Palace when there is a ban on accepting one?" she asked, her voice stern and serious.

Jennette was unable to provide an answer. So, Duke Alpheus responded, "He was with me, Your Highness."

He is clearly disregarding Yhan's order.

She looked at Duke Apheus. "And by whose orders did you come and bring a guest?"

Duke Alpheus spoke about the truth.

"While His Highness has indeed issued an entry ban, I believe it lacks the force and effect of a law."

Athanasia raised her eyebrows. This is what Yhan told her previously. Someone will definitely take advantage of his weakness.

Compared to her, Yhan has yet to have his coming-of-age ceremony. A ceremony to introduce him as a member of the Imperial Family, complete with the vested rights that come with it.

Athanasia smiled and inquired, "Who said the entry ban was Yhan's order?"

Duke Alpheus suddenly paled. His expression contorted into something amusing.

"It was my order that Yhan brought before the Senate; I have authority over the Imperial Palace and everything in it." Athanasia looked at the man, who was smiling like an evil person right now. As if he had discovered something interesting that piqued his interest.

"Or would you dare to question an Imperial Order? A mere noble?"

"Forgive me, Your Highness." Duke Alpheus looked at the man and told him to follow him. "I will leave with my guest, Your Highness."

Athanasia waited for them to leave, but when the Black Haired man passed her, she heard him say.

"No one likes an overly strong woman, Princess." chuckling, as if he will return once more, "Oh. Can you tell that little prince?"

Athanasia experienced chills throughout her body. The man's voice was dark and possessed a hint of maniacal rage.

"I have the fragment."

Then he left with the Duke, smiling at her with that lethal grin.

Athanasia was at a loss as she stood there motionless.

A fragment?

She was confused at first but the second she looked at Jennette, she could see black fog surrounding her. Same as the black fog from the ribbon she gave her.

"Please stay at your palace, Jennette." Athanasia had to be decisive with her moves. "And calm yourself out."

This is not in the Lovely Princess I used to remember.

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 194 23
They say that once you are free from something or someone, it's a huge possibility that you will never see it or meet them again. Well, in Athanasia'...
81K 3.7K 11
^Cover found on Pinterest^ Choi Han and the cast of TBOAH stumbled upon a temple of the sealed god and on top of the altar they see... Young master C...
245K 6.6K 42
A Bakudeku Omegaverse/ Quirkless AU Bakugo Katsuki was a 22 year old Alpha living on his own. He had a good life. A great paying job as a fashion des...
81.8K 5.2K 22
Jeon Jungkook is a true blood alpha; he's not your typical alpha. He finally discovered his love, having looked for her for nearly a decade. Ten year...