Dear Reader [1]

By KillerFrost298

To a house, not a home, all alone 'cause nobody's there Where I pace in my pen and My friends found friends w... More

Epigraph
Cordelia Cesel
ACT I Dear Reader
00 - Prologue/ A Girl Washed Up By A Lake
01 - A Kid Blows Up A Toilet
02 - Capture The Dumbass
03 - I Remind A Horse About Child Protection
04 - I Reunite With My Mother...Sort Of?
05 - This Time We Blow Up A Train
06 - I Break My Promise
07 - I Question My Sanity
08 - Note to Self; Take Away Percy's Sword
09 - I Come Face To Face With Love
10 - Another Note; Never Let Percy In The Driver's Seat
11-I Finally Make It To The Underworld; Seventy Years Later
13-My Baby Brother Picks A Fight With The God Of War
14-Father-Daughter Talks
Epilogue

12-My Grudges Against Shoes Prevail

43 1 0
By KillerFrost298

'It's hard to catch time and lock it away'

The quest felt longer without Annabeth. The weight of Corey's pocket felt like a boulder even though the pearl was in Percy's. They had escaped the forest, ending up in a dessert like terrain. Corey stayed quiet as the boys spoke, her heart heavy with guilt. It should have been her stuck in the forest, not Annabeth. She had more regret than a child, yet she was able to kick it away without a second glance.

Corey is basically a veteran when it came to being a half-blood, she'd face every monster that wasn't killed in the war. The Minatour, cyclops, sirens, you name it she fought it. Corey has seen young innocent kids walk into camp then saddened ones leave. Annabeth was just a kid, she shouldn't have had to leave the quest the way she did.

"Weird. Haven't heard the dog in a while" Grover spoke, the wind drowning out his voice. "Yeah, maybe he doesn't like sand?" Corey tried to crack a joke, barely able to form a smile. "He chased us all that way and then just... stopped?" Percy questioned, "I wonder why".

"That's what I'm saying. It's weird" Grover agreed. Corey kicked a rock, watching it hit the sand. She looked down, trying to find another rock to kick.

"Grover?" She called out, her eyes wide as they stayed trained on his hooves. The boys both looked back, this was the first time she had spoken since the forest. Before Grover could answer, the sounds of wings fluttering filled the silence. Percy copied Corey, looking at Grover with more fear than shock as Grover began to hover in the air.

"Grover, where are you going?" Percy called out as he tried to run after him, Corey doing the same. "I don't-- I don't know. I-- I can't stop!" Grover yelled, trying to reach out to Percy. Corey tried to grab onto his arm too, but those goddamn shoes kept pulling him away.

The siblings ran after as Grover as the flying shoes began to drag him up a sand dune. "Corey! Percy! It's the shoes!" He shouted as He began to go down hill. A dark large pit awaited him, fear striking the trio. "Grover!" Percy screamed, latching onto Grover's hand. "Percy!" Corey screamed as the shoes brought the boys closer to the pit.

Percy unsheathed his sword, pierced the sand as far as possible as he could. The wings flapped harder as Corey reached out for Percy. Her hand gripped the one Percy had on his sword, feeling the strength the small wings possessed. "Guys!" Grover cried out as the shoes began to slip off of his hooves. Corey reached out her other hand for Grover to take.

Grover did his best to climb closer to the siblings, the shoes' wings flapping more aggressively. The shoes finally flew off Grover's feet, flying down towards the dark pit. The sounds of the wings faded as Corey helped Grover up. The trio did their best to get as far away from the pit. Percy lost his foot for a split second, falling on his back.

The sound of metal clanking made Corey and Grover look at Percy with shock. Percy was just as surprised, already feeling a weight on his shoulders from the backpack. "What was that?" Grover asked, still panting from his near death experience. Percy immediately took the backpack off his shoulders, unzipping it and opening it for his best friend and sister to see.

Sitting inside the backpack was a hand crafted, Celestial bronze weapon in the shape of a lightning bolt. Corey gasped, a hand flying over her mouth as her eyes stayed trained on the weapon. "Is this–" Percy was cut off by Grover's blunt, "No". He looked at his sister, "I mean, it looks like–" once more the young blond was cut off, "It absolutely is not" Corey gawked, her heart pounding in her ears. "Okay" Percy smacked his lips, treading lightly, "So, what is it then?" He asked them.

"That's Zeus' bolt" Corey spluttered, gently taking it from Percy's hand and looking at the intricate details. "Yeah, that's the master bolt" Grover gulped with fear. " I mean, I think so, right?" Percy assumed, seeing as this was the frist time he had seen the infamous bolt he supposedly stole. "How is it in your bag?" Grover asked him, his curiosity over taking his fear. Percy furrowed his eyebrows, a frown appearing on his face. "Wait, this isn't my bag. This is the bag Ares gave me" He exclaimed.

Corey was still holding the bolt, a cold feeling washing over her. She looked up to see Grover and Percy still, unmoving as if they were frozen. "What's going on?" Corey asked, tipping Percy's shoulder to see if he was messing with her.

A menacing laugh echoed around Corey, the hairs on the back of her neck standing up. "Who's there! Show yourself!" She called out, pulling her sword from her neck. "Ah, my failed successor" The voice carried around Corey, almost engulfing her in their voice. "What do you want from me" Corey shouted, staying near Grover and Percy, fearing they might be hurt. "Oh little Cordelia, you lost your use when your father took you from me...now his son will be the blame for the demise of all Olympus" the laughing became more maniacal as it begun to fade from Corey's ears.

"Ares had the master bolt this entire time and tricked us" Percy spoke up, gripping the master bolt. Corey shook her head, still standing with her sword in hand. "He was working with Hades?" Grover questioned the idea not seeming too far fetched but did at the same time. Ares did say that this godly family was rather dysfunctional. "I guess so. I mean..." Grover trailed off, unable to look away from the weapon in Percy's hands. "...that was it, right? That's the quest. Zeus is expecting us to return this" He brought up the whole reason they even entered this domain.

"Zeus is just gonna have to wait" Corey gripped her sword tightly, holding her hand out for Percy to take. She helped him off the ground, watching him from the corner of her eyes as he put the bolt back in the bag while she helped Grover up.

"Let's go get your mom, Sea Pup" She smiled at him, turning to the direction of Hades' palace.

~Ψ~

Knock, knock!

Corey's head turned to her right, seeing the figure at the entrance of her cabin. "Helly!" Elise clapped her hands exactly in her mother's arms as the daughter of Zeus walked inside. The older girl smiled at the three year-old, holding out her arms. "Hello little starfish! Have you been good for Momma?" Helena asked, resting the blonde and her hips.

Elise looked at her mother with doe eyes, "I being good Momma?" She babbled with her bottom lip pushed out. Corey tapped her chin slowly, making a loud hum. "Let's see, you ate all your breakfast, got dressed and didn't throw a fuss when I got you dressed" Corey smiled at her daughter who giggled as she spoke.

"You are the best little starfish in the world" Helena smiled, tickling Elise's small belly. Corey shook her head at her little girl and best friend. Helena finally put her down, fixing her green dress. "Now, who's ready for her Pegasus lessons" Helena's hands rested on her pointed hips. Elise jumped up on down excitedly, hugging Corey tightly. "You be a good girl for Helena, okay" Corey used her 'mom' voice as Helena liked to say. Elise kissed her cheek before walking out of the cabin with a bright smile.

Helena looked at her, the smile on her face turning to a frown. "Cordelia, are you sure about this?" Helena asked, Corey bit her lip as she looked at her best friend. Helena never used her full name since the day they met, but since Corey's crush on her came to light...the forbidden daughters were dancing on a line both were scared to cross. "You were there, Mr D want's Elise away from the quests. This..." Corey sunk into her bed as Helena sat next to her.

"Lying to her is my only chance, even if it breaks my heart" She looked at her hands, tears threatening to escape. Helena took her hands, slipping her fingers through hers. "You're not a bad mother Corey, you've sacrificed so much for Elise. Your childhood, your future...your innocence" Helena brushed Corey's hair behind her ear, very aware of the blush that warmed her cheeks as well as her own.

Corey turned to her friend, squeezing her hands tightly. "I still having those dreams...I need this to work Helena, I can't lose her... I can't lose you" Corey turned to her crush, her lips so close to her own. Just one movement...that's all it could take. Helena smiled, pulling back slightly and taking her hands with her. "I have faith in you, always" Helena told her before standing up. Corey copied her, hearing distant shouting from outside. "You better go before we have another temper tsunami on our hands" Corey joked, a little disappointed by the sudden parting.

Helena turned to leave before stopping and turning around. Corey was about to ask why she stopped before feeling a soft press on her cheek. Before Corey could even comprehend what had happened, Helena was gone without a word.

~Ψ~

"There's no chance we can just sneak in, is there?"

Percy and Grover looked at Corey in disbelief, the half-blood was gripping her sleeves. Hades Palace was terrifying, the black stone making it bigger than it was. An unnatural wave of coldness took over Corey's body, making her stomach turn. "Seashell, you okay?" Percy asked her. Corey nodded for a moment before her hand flew over her mouth. She ran to the side near a formation of rocks.

She threw up.

Her body hunched over as she gagged, leaning against the rocks. She stumbled backwards, holding her stomach. "Yeah, I'm good" She held up her free hand. The boys looked mildly concerned. "Corey...are you sure you're okay?" Grover asked her, walking towards her slowly. "I'm fine, I just...little dizzy. I was never good with the underground...guess the underworld is the same" Corey brushed off, her face telling a different story.

Corey walked rather slowly past them, wanting to get this quest over and done with. Percy and Grover shared a look, something was up. "Are you two coming or not!" Corey called back, causing the pair to run towards her.

Hades Palace was hollow, only the black stone that made up the place. "Is this our stop, or...?" Percy looked around, footsteps echoing towards them. Corey pulled her sword, steeping in front of the boys as the footsteps got louder and a shadow. As the shadow got smaller, a figure walked towards them.

"Hey, fellas. Welcome! Sorry about all the... Oh...Can you put that down" a man spoke as he walked towards them. Corey lowered her sword, but glared at the man. Hades. "Anyways, it's great to meet you. I know who you are, and you know who I am, so we can just skip right past that part" He waved his hands with an unsettling cheery smile. Corey looked him up and down, he wore a dark grey and black suit made of silk and his hair had wisps of grey.

"Can I get you anything? Fresh pomegranate juice, a snack?" He asked them. "Actually, if–" Grover spoke up, "My mother" Percy interrupted, glaring at the God just like his sister. "Boom. Straight to business. I admire the cut of your jib" Hades nodded his head. The trio look at each other. Jib?

Hades shrugged at their confusion, "Little nautical reference for you. I see you" He didn't seem angry. Corey was beginning to question if this was the God of the Underworld she had heard so much about. "Where is she?" Percy gritted his teeth as Corey raised her sword slightly. "Right. Okey-doke. Let's get to it. Your mom's just over here. And again, please put the sword down, it's very rude" Hades gave Corey a disappointed look. She tightened her grip, she wasn't trusting this guy.

She felt Percy's hand and hers, lowering her sword gently. "Seashell, please put it away" He asked her, his voice soft. Corey looked down at him, seeing his eyes pierce her own as her stomach made a flip. She sighed as she raised her sword in front of her, pressing the seashell just above the hilt. With a glow of bright light, the sword became unseeable as the light shrunk into Corey's hand. Her shell necklace sat nicely in her palm before Corey clasped it around her neck. "There, now where is she?" Corey glared at Hades.

He led them to his throne, which was about eight feet taller than the half-bloods and satyr. "You've come all this way, don't be shy" Hades shouted as he turned a corner. The trio turned the corner just as Hades pulled some tarp. Standing next to him in a statue of gold was Percy's mother, Sally Jackson.

Corey froze in place, staring at the woman in gold. Her expression mirroring the one her own mother held when she was turned to stone, her hands reaching out as if she was trying to stop someone. To stop Percy. Corey was told that her brother didn't want to leave his mother behind, that even though she told him to stay put he tried to fight anyways. "Mom?" Percy gasped beside his older sister. She could see from the corner of her eyes. "What did you do to her?" Percy snapped at the King of the Underworld, making both Grover and Corey flinch at his tone.

Hades looked at him in disbelief, "Uh..." He scoffed at Percy, "Saved her life?" Hades stated in a cocky tone. Yep, Core thought, ego showing definitely a God. "You know, typically, getting crushed by a Minotaur is a terminal diagnosis" He stated with his cocky tone, Corey just wished he said death instead. "I snagged her for ya, just in the "ta-da" nick of time, so that you would come see me" Hades explained his plan to lure Percy down to his domain, "And here we are" He stated.

"You give me what you got, and I'm giving you what I got" Hades made it sound so simple, yet there was something about his voice that put Corey off. "I...I can't give it to you" Percy stumbled on his words, eyes still on his mother. Hades clicked his teeth, "Ah, see, there's a quid and a quo here". Percy finally looked at the god, "The bolt doesn't belong to you" He added.

"Your plan almost worked" Percy had to give the guy credit, "You and Ares managed to steal the bolt, trick me into bringing it right down and giving it to you" Percy explained Hades' real motive to taking Sally. "But it's wrong, and I won't do it. So all I can do is ask you to do the right thing, too." Percy tried to convince the gid to stop this war that had already begun. "Please... let my mom go" Percy pleaded with him.

Hades look more confused than Corey had this entire quest, "Huh?" Hades asked. Corey's face dropped, chills running up and down her entire body. "It couldn't be?" She whispered to herself as Corey recalled her incident near the entrance of Tartarus "What?" Percy asked back.

"Who-- who tricked Ares into doing what?" Hades elaborated on his confusion. "You're in cahoots with Ares, to secure the bolt" Grover explained, confused himself to why one of the big three gods didn't seem to know his own diabolical plan. Hades looked more offended than glad. "I'm not in cahoots with Ares. I seldom cahoot" Hades offence took precedence in his tone, "The bolt is my brothers' drama, I don't want any part of it" He added.

"You don't want it?" Corey questioned him, shocked by the revelation. "No" He confirmed. "Then what do you want?" Percy asked him. "My helm!" Hades shouted in some anger. Corey jumped back at his voice, seeing Percy flinch also. "Your what?" Percy spat.

"The Helm of Darkness" Corey gasped, earring the boys' attention. "Zeus has his bolt, Father his trident and you have you Helm" Corey explained with a shocked face. The world was lucky that the trident wasn't stolen either, or else the war would have started months ago. "It went missing just days before someone used it to turn invisible and steal the bolt" Hades added as he pointed at Percy, slightly pissed off and impatient, "I'd like it back now, please, and then you get your mom back" He told Percy.

"You really don't want the bolt?" Percy gasped, everything was changing course way too quickly for his brain to catch up. "Why would I want that?" Hades asked, "To start a war between your brothers" Grover pointed out the obvious. He wasn't wrong either, the grudge between Hades, Poseidon and Zeus goes as far back at Kronos. "Why would I want that?" Hades raised his eyebrows at the trio. "Jealousy, Zeus is the youngest and is king. Don't you want that?" Corey was so confused, what had happened in the last seventy years.

Hades only laughed at her, "I don't know if you noticed, but it's all candy canes and rainbows down here. I'm managing just fine" His sarcastic tone was starting to really get on Corey's nerves as thunder rumbled above them, she couldn't tell of it was a show of his power or Zeus preparing for war. "I don't really do jealous" Hades grinned, "My brothers, on the other hand, have the market cornered on jealous" He added with a slight displeasure.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets, "Family drama is why I don't go up there anymore. These grudges, they go on forever. Super unhealthy" Hades shrugged. Corey felt her body go numb, the cold from earlier brushing against her, Hades' ramblings became distant to her as her mind replayed the moment she disappeared.

'You shall be perfect...you will be the key'

That voice wasn't Hades. The Gods were capable of many things, when they change shape or form their voices can change too, only they always kept certain aspects the same. Apollo always had a smile too bright to look at, Persephone always had the aesthetic of whatever season it was no matter her face or body. And from the whispers Corey had heard over the years, Hades always stuck with the same voice unless he was challenged, Besides only one other deity could stop the ti–

"Kronos"

The children of Poseidon looked at each other with fear. "Excuse me?" any ounce of ego or snarkiness from Hades vanished with those two words. "He's got the longest grudge of them all. Zeus took Kronos's throne. Who else has a bigger reason to weaken Zeus and take his throne back?" Percy explained his conclusion, angering Hades. "Kronos is in a million pieces at the bottom of–" Hades was cut of by the eldest.

"His body may be in Tartarus, but he's your father. Kronos came to me when my daughter and best friend died. His essence is time, and it's hard to catch time and lock it away. He even spoke to me when we were near the entrance" She explained, pieces falling into place. "Where something just tried to pull us into it the moment the bolt appeared in our bag" Percy backed his sister up, walking closer to Hades. "Tartarus...where I've been hearing a voice from in my dreams, telling me it needs my help to take down Olympus" He added.

Corey followed her brother, her confidence against the God dangerously rising. "I thought it was you, revenge for the Oath and the impact it had on your half-blood children" Corey could see the anger flare in his eyes for a moment. "We assumed that was you, but that voice we heard... that definitely did not sound like you" Percy finished.

Hades looked at them and sighed with force. "Ask me for sanctuary" Hades told them. Corey was taken back, "What?" Percy gasped at the God. "If Kronos is somehow planning to emerge from his exile, and you two were his first calls..." Hades pointed out, "... you're not safe". Corey glared at him, "You hate me, you hated Helena. You killed another child of Zeus because the Oath was broken. Why care for the wellbeing of two children of Poseidon, one who isn't even claimed by him" She questioned his offer, glaring at the God of death. Hades nodded at her, "Yes I have had my... differences since the Oath was sworn, as you know" He looked at Corey with a hidden message in his eyes.

"Ask me and I'll protect you. You, your sister and your mother" Hades offered Percy, "And the goat. I'll throw him in, on the house" Hades added, earning a grunt from Grover. Corey crossed her arms, sharing a look with her brother.

"This works out nicely for you as it turns out. All it'll cost you is the bolt"

Corey scoffed, "I thought you didn't want the bolt?" She recalled his previous statement". "I don't want the bolt. Now, I need the bolt. If war with Kronos is coming, I'd like to be prepared" Hades could see the doubt on Percy's face. "Not messing around here, kid. This only ends one way. Ask your sister, she knows" Hades told him. Percy looked at Corey, "What is he talking about?" Percy asked her.

Corey bit her lip, "There's a reason behind the Oath, Percy. Reasons I...I can't explain. But when there were talks of another war, Hades sent out any monster at his disposal to ensure his favored side would win" Corey explained to him.

"The only question is how difficult you make it" Hades mused, seeing the fear crawl into Corey's mind. "No" Percy answered. Hades' face turned cold, "Give me the bag" He ordered Percy. Percy took out two pearls, looking at his mother and then his sister. Hades scoffed at him, "Nice pearl" He mocked.

"I accept your offer" Percy spoke up. Hades smiled at him, "Great!". Percy handed Corey one of the pearls, adding to her confusion. "Your first offer" Percy corrected, "We're gonna go get your helm. And when I get back, you're gonna let my mom go" Percy raised his hand, clutching the pearl. Hades' eyes widened at the thought, "Okay. Hang on, kid" He tried to stop him.

"Grover, now!" Percy shouted, the satyr listened as he smashed the pearl to the floor and disappeared in a circle of black and blue smoke. Percy gave one last look to his mother. "Hold fast, Mom" He turned to Corey.

"Seashell" He told her, smashing his pearl. Corey gave one last look to Hades before doing the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600 43 8
"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐, ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง, ๐ง๐จ๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ซ." ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡,, ๐’๐Ž๐...
23.1K 686 26
โ Lighting up the dark, like a rebellion. We gonna kick it, break it, rules gon' give up. โž PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS / Book one of Epistrophia ...
149K 6K 51
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ CITY LOVE โ you need someone. let me be that person. let me be what you need. โž ๏น™ percy jackson x fem!oc ๏นš ๏น™ the titan's curse; the battle of th...
21.3K 968 14
"caffeine and praise like wind in my sails trying and failing to quit biting my nails keep moving to silence the voices in my head" or florence jacks...