Saviour ; Lewis Hamilton

Autorstwa moonplante

Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him... Więcej

one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four

two

9.5K 352 180
Autorstwa moonplante

The day has started off increasingly well, soon after opening at 9am I've had many people come in, so many that people had to start getting drinks to go.

It's been busy, but a good busy, I never felt stressed or too behind on orders, I also got a lot of tips- which surprised me, and many people complimented my baking.

The banana bread I made for Lewis is selling really well, I decided to leave some aside- just Incase he comes.

It's now 6:30pm and the last couple have just left, I let out a small sigh of relief.

Luca is sitting down on a cushion behind the counter- watching a movie on my laptop I used for university.

"Is Lewis coming back?" I turn to Luca and he's looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"I don't know, sweetie."

It's as if he heard his name, the door opens and in walks Lewis.

"Hey." He smiles at me and I get butterflies.

"Hey." I smile "What can I get for you?" I say quickly when I realise he's here to order.

"Oh damn, the banana bread is all sold out." He says in mock hurt as he looks at the remaining baking through the glass.

"Oh! Uh- I actually saved some for you Incase you came back.." I trail off nervously at my confession.

He looks surprised "Really?"

"Yeah, well I did make it for you." I say with a small laugh and pull it out of the fridge I was keeping it in for him. "I can heat it up if you like?"

"That would be great, thank you Lilah." He smiles, looking very grateful.

"Is Luca here?" He asks and I look down to Luca who jumps up at hearing his name.

"Lewis!" He exclaims and opens the counter to go and greet Lewis, I smile at how happy he got.

Lewis hands me a £5 note and I widen my eyes in realisation "Oh my god! You accidentally left a £100 note on the chair you were sitting on!" I exclaim when I remember and quickly go into the cash register to pull out the money.

"It wasn't an accident." He tells me and I look at him surprised.

"What?"

"I left it for you." He tells me and I furrow my brows.

"Lewis that's far too much money." I tell him honestly "I can't take that."

"Yes, you will." He says sternly and I shake my head.

"Lewis-"

"Lilah." He counters back.

"Lewis."

"Lilah."

I can tell he's a stubborn guy so I make a deal "Fine, but- you're taking the banana bread for free." I stammer out.

"Sure." He smiles softly.

"And don't even think of leaving any more money!" I point an accusing finger at him.

"Of course not." He says playfully "Sit with us?" Lewis asks gesturing to him and Luca who are about to take a seat.

I look to the clock, it's almost 7pm "Okay." I turn the sign from opened to closed.

"How was your day Luca?" Lewis asks grinning at Luca whose smile widens.

"It was so good- I played at the park with Eloise- one of mamas friend and then I did some school work, which was not so good." He doesn't sound impressed when he says that part.

I love that Lewis actually gets along really well with Luca, it warms my heart that Luca seems to likes him.

He's normally quite a shy child so it did surprise me.

"Was the cafe busy today?" Lewis asks me.

"Yes, very- the busiest it's ever been." I say leaning my head on my hand, very tired.

"I can give you two a lift home?" He suggests and I'm surprised.

I mean tomorrow is Sunday so I don't have any preparation to do.

I put my hand up to my mouth to block what I'm saying to Luca "How do I know you're not a murderer?" I say pretending to be serious.

"Would a murderer eat banana bread."

I laugh at what he says but I'm still reluctant "I don't know.."

"Come on, you look really tired- no offence." He quickly says and I let out a laugh.

"Wow you really know how to flatter a woman."

"I try." He gives me that signature smile.

"Okay, I just need to grab the keys." As I do that I notice Lewis and Luca getting into another conversation, their laughs filling the cafe.

"I went karting with my school once, It was the best! But mama says it's too expensive." I hear when i make my way up to them.

"Oh really? That's so cool." Lewis exclaims sounding interested in his words.

"Oh please don't encourage him- when he first went karting he wouldn't stop talking about it for months after." I tell Lewis laughing at the countless times he would ask for go karting.

"I would've taken him, but I just don't have a way to get there or really the time." I explain because I don't want to sound like a bad mother.

"No I get that." He says quickly agreeing with me.

I lock the door to the cafe and he walks up to a sleek black car, a Mercedes. I widen my eyes at how expensive this looks.

He opens the door for Luca and I giggle at him being a gentleman to my son.

He then swiftly opens the passenger door for me and I thank him, the interior of the car looks amazing, it smells so fresh and i suddenly feel very out of place.

"This is such a nice car." I compliment him in awe.

"Thank you." He smiles at me as he starts the engine.

I tell him the address of my house and he puts it in a fancy navigator.

"I was thinking, I might close on Wednesdays, if everyday starts to get like today."

"That's a good idea, give yourself a much deserved rest." He nods his head but focuses on the road.

"So Lewis, what do you like to do."

"I really like golf, and skiing." He pauses "oh and also surfing."

"I can't imagine you get that good waves in London?" I ask confused.

"I travel quite a bit with my job- better waves abroad." He tells me chuckling.

"Oh that's so cool! Where have you been?" I ask genuinely curious because I've never been out of the uk.

"Just a few places across Europe, Asia, South/North America, Australia.." he trails off casually.

"Oh my god." I gasp.

"What?" He lightly chuckles.

"You just casually listed off most of the continents and I've never been out of the country." I laugh at the absurdity.

"Really?" He looks a little shocked "Where's top on your bucket list?" He asks me.

"Honestly anywhere." I laugh, after thinking for a moment "Maybe Italy? Or Brazil, or France- there's so many places in France I want to visit someday." I ramble on excited.

"Have you been to any of them?" I ask curiously and he turns to me "I- yeah, all of them."

"No way!" I turn to him shocked.

"Yes way." He laughs.

"What stuff in France did you want to see?"

"The Eiffel Tower, obviously." I think for a second "The Louvre- I love art so much, the palace of Versailles, the arc de triomphe, The cathedral, probably even Disneyland Paris for Luca.." I trail off smiling back at Luca who widens his eyes in hope.

"Disney land?" He questions smiling.

"Maybe one day, bud." I smile back at him, a sadness lingering in my eyes. 

"You know, I have a place near France, you could always come visit." He offers and I widen my eyes, before I have the chance to say anything, Luca beats me to it.

"Yayy! Can we go Mama, please, pleaseee." He drags out and I widen my eyes even more.

"Who are you?" I turn to Lewis confused.

"What?" He stutters out.

"I mean you've been to what, all of the continents? You have a house here- presumably and a house in France? What are you a celebrity?" I laugh at the last part but I do want an answer.

Lewis laughs and he seems almost nervous?

"I won the lottery."

I gasp "Actually?"

"Yeah." He says quieter this time.

"Oh my god." My voice gets louder "That's so cool."

"What's the lottery?" Luca asks, pronouncing lottery carefully.

"It's basically a competition you can enter, and then the winner wins a lot of money." I try to explain it to him as best I can.

"Why don't we enter the lottery?" Luca asks confused as if it's the best idea ever.

"Well, it costs money to enter, and it's very unlikely you'll win."

"But Lew lew won?"

"Lew Lew?" I repeat back confused.

"Lewis, silly!" Luca giggles. 

"Well, lew lew." I say giving Lewis a look and he's smiling brightly at me "Got very lucky."

"I reckon you're a lucky guy too Luca." Lewis smiles back at him quickly, before bringing his eyes back to the road.

"Really?" Luca asks leaning forward in his seat.

"For sure, I mean you've got the best mama ever." Lewis grins at me briefly before turning back to the road, this gives me a warm feeling in my stomach.

I point to my house and Lewis parks on the road next to it, "Thank you, you really didn't have to- it's a short walk."

"Do you walk home every night?"

"Yeah." I mutter softly.

"That's not safe." He whispers, probably so Luca doesn't catch on.

"I know." I murmur.

"I'll take you home, from now on." He tells me and I shake my head "Oh no, you really don't have to."

"No- please, it's not a bother. I'll probably be coming everyday around closing anyway."

"Are you sure- because-" I go to ramble on but he Interrupts me.

"Yes, Lilah."

I start smiling "You're a really great guy." I smile nervously.

"Can I get your number?" He suddenly asks.

"Wow, smooth." I start laughing, pulling out my phone.

"A guy can try." He lets out a small laugh as I hand my phone to him after opening my contacts.

He types his number in quickly, and hands my phone back to me.

Lewis 🏎️

"What's with the emoji? What is that?" I grin looking at the emoji closer.

"Just a random one, I like cars." He smiles with an unknown look in his eyes.

I smile back at him "I'll send you a message real quick." I decide to take a picture of him to send to himself.

"Hey- what..." he trails off, grinning at me when he gets a message, he opens the message from me and widens his eyes.

"Hey!" He snaps his head to me and I start laughing "That is an awful picture."

"No it's not." I laugh back.

He suddenly puts his phone in front of my face and I hear him take a picture "No!" I try reaching for his phone hurry up he grabs my wrist in his hand, in a gentle but restricting way.

I back off when I hear my phone get a message, I pull it out and see the picture, I'm smiling, looking behind the camera at Lewis.

"Whatever." I try to sound annoyed but I can't help smiling at him.

"Come on Luca." I turn back to him and he's fast asleep. "Oh." Lewis looks at me confused before turning back to Luca.

Lewis takes his seatbelt off and before I can decline he already has his door open "I'll carry him." I smile at him and mutter a small thank you as I also get out the car.

I watch as he carefully picks Luca up, who in his sleep wraps his arms around his neck.

I open the door to my house quietly, glad I cleaned it recently. It's quite small but the interior is nice.

"I'll show you to his room." I whisper to Lewis as I gesture for him to follow me, he nods wordlessly.

I lead him into Lucas room, I pull back the covers and Lewis slowly lays Luca down in his bed, I pull the covers up over him and place a gentle kiss on his forehead.

I turn back to Lewis and he's watching us with a smile on his face.

We leave his room and I quietly close his door.

I walk into the kitchen, Lewis following closely behind.

"Would you like a cup of tea?"

"That would be great."

a/n
Another chapter done!

I'm trying to write a decent amount of chapters before I publish this and I'm trying to make the chapters longer than my other book too.

Please let me know if you're enjoying by voting or commenting, I love reading comments.

Please comment any ideas you have for the book too! Xo

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

259K 6K 51
Rosalie had to leave Monaco, after having her heartbroken and her youth taken by an unplanned baby, the city felt too small. Years later, Rosalie is...
53K 404 16
A little collection of F1 oneshots/ short stories for my paddock baddies ;) ✅ Requests Open ✅ Feel free to comment or message me your requests 📣
259K 6.1K 39
Charles unexpectedly becomes single. He thought that break up was gonna be easy but it turns out to be compleatly false. He finds the much needed co...
139K 2.2K 32
27 year old Elizabeth Rivers is out in England for her best friends hen night. Lewis Hamilton just won the Silverstone GP, he's out celebrating. Both...