A fractured Life

By kevintoddb17

A girl named Carolina is about to start high school with her best friend. However she soon discovers that he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chpater 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 6

6 1 1
By kevintoddb17

Carolina's phone vibrated, interrupting the heavy silence in Ms. Evelyn's office. She glanced at the screen, eyebrows furrowing at the unfamiliar number flashing before her eyes. With a racing heart, she answered the call, a mix of curiosity and caution washing over her.

Carolina: Hello?

Carolina's voice trembled slightly, betraying her inner turmoil. A voice, distorted and unfamiliar, crackled through the line.

???: Carolina, it's time to uncover the truth.

Her breath caught in her throat, her grip on the phone tightening.

Carolina: Who is this? How do you know about my past?

The voice chuckled, sending a shiver down Carolina's spine.

???: All will be revealed soon. Meet me at Raven-stone Manor tonight at midnight. Don't come alone.

Before Carolina could ask more questions, the line went dead, leaving her with an unsettling mixture of fear and anticipation. Carolina exchanged a nervous glance with Lily, who watched her intently, concern etched on her face.

Carolina: We have to go Lily.

Carolina said determinedly, her voice quivering with a newfound resolve. Lily nodded, her eyes reflecting a mix of worry and determination.

Lily: I'll be by your side, Carolina. We'll face whatever awaits us together.

As the day turned into night, Carolina's mind buzzed with anticipation. She tried to distract herself, engaging in casual conversation with Lily, but her thoughts kept drifting back to the mysterious call. Who was the unknown caller, and why did they want to help her uncover the truth about her fractured life?

The clock struck eleven, and Carolina and Lily left Lily's house making their way towards Ravenstone Manor. As they neared the secluded location, darkness cloaking the surroundings, their footsteps faltered, nerves winding tight within them.

The manor loomed ahead, its once grand facade now a haunting silhouette against the moonlit sky. Carolina's heart pounded in her chest as she stepped forward, each footfall echoing through the eerie stillness. The towering doors crept open, revealing a dimly lit hallway bathed in shadows. Carolina and Lily shared a determined glance, their bond stronger than ever in the face of the unknown. They stepped inside, uncertainty mingling with their courageous spirits.

As they ventured deeper into the manor, whispers echoed and cold drafts brushed against their skin. Carolina's pulse quickened, her instincts urging her forward. She couldn't ignore this chance to uncover the truth about her fragmented life.

Finally, they reached a room cloaked in darkness. A single beam of moonlight streamed through a cracked window, casting an ethereal glow on a figure standing by a dusty bookshelf. Carolina's breath hitched as the figure turned, revealing a face she never expected to see.

Carolina: Mother?

Carolina whispered, disbelief coloring her voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 20 20
It's coming near to the end of Alethea Jenson's school year, and she can't wait to work and earn some money. However, like every story, there is alwa...
Radiating By MK-Rocks

Science Fiction

364 57 48
In the year 2045... Highschool popular girl Rachel living her life in fear because she's different, different from everyone shes meet in her entire l...
Girl Power By LILY

Teen Fiction

2.5K 160 34
"WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?!" I yelled "O MY GOD it worked!". OK so that was a little preview of what's going to happen in this book so let me expla...
The Last One By Joseph

Science Fiction

41 9 24
A senior in high school wakes up and discovers his town is empty. He searches for answers using clues left behind by his best friend. Each clue leads...