π™‡π™€π™«π™š, π™™π™€π™«π™š.

By wh0ismelody

I was expecting to spend my last year in high school away from the crowds and isolating myself in the depths... More

Chapter One: Nothing But Dread In the Air
Chapter Two: Wow, She's Really Pretty
Chapter Four: God Spent Extra Time On This One
Chapter Five: Who's Ready To Partayy?
Chapter Six: Party Things

Chapter Three: You Don't Have To Pretend To Be Okay, Let It Out

16 1 0
By wh0ismelody

Dove 🕊

"Who would've thought," Elora says while laughing, "that you'd get all of that attention on the first day back."

"Dove you should have seen your face. You looked like you were about to piss yourself." Lorelai laughs, smacking me in a playful way as
all three of us walk to Elora's car.

Great. Now the both of them aren't going to stop bothering me about earlier. I think what I did was rational. The girl I bumped into literally looked as if she was about to turn into the Incredible Hulk during the entirety of the time I stood there.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect the first day of senior year to start of so... how do I say it, cliche? I seriously feel like I'm the main character in a movie right now.

"Relax, everything's fine, Dove. I'm sure everyone forgot about it already," Lorelai says.

"How can you be so sure? That was so embarrassing." I rub my temple, trying to ease the slight headache that I have. Maybe it's because of the lack of sleep that I've gotten lately? I've been spending all of it by staying up all night and watching shows.

"I promise you, nobody cares about what happened. You said it was a mistake, right? It was nothing intentional," Elora says after a moment. By now we've all stopped walking and Elora and Lorelai are staring at me seriously.

"I know. I guess I'm just thinking too much into it, as always. Nothing new, right?"

It still amazes me how I ended up with such good friends. I remember my first encounter with Lorelai in fifth grade, when she sat next to me when I was all alone and had no friends. From then on, me and her were inseparable. Elora came along a month or two after Lorelai. She immediately clicked with us, even though our personalities were the exact opposite of hers.

We continue on towards Elora's car. Once we approach she unlocks her car door, unlocking the passenger doors right after. I grab a seat in the front and Lorelai sits in the back.

"First day wasn't that bad," Elora says, clearing up the silence. She's gonna drop Lorelai off first since she lives closer to the school than I do. I don't want to keep doing this whole thing where she picks us up, I feel like I'm leeching off of her. This is at least until I can somehow get the money to buy a car. I really don't want to ask my mom since she already has a lot of stuff on her plate.

I turn my head towards her, noticing how sad she looks.

She's still trying to get over Ren. Me and Lorelai never bring him up since we know the topic is still difficult for her.

Ren was Elora's boyfriend, and they loved each other like crazy. It was so sweet to see her act completely different around him, being vulnerable and all. But he passed away two years ago due to a car accident. Some drunk person hit his car.

What's worse is that Elora was in the car with him, on the night of the accident. She saw everything. Imagine how traumatic that must've been for her.

"With what happened with.. Ren, it's been hard. I thought I could get over him after a while, but I can't." Her eyes start to water and she tries to stop them from falling, but they fall anyway.

It surprises me how well Elora has been coping with the pain. So far she's held up a front, trying to hide everything. I guess it didn't last long. She just doesn't know how strong she actually is. I feel for her.

"You don't have to pretend to be okay, let it out." I stare at her before leaning towards her and hugging her, allowing her to cry until her tears no longer fall.

Me and Lorelai exchange glances while I comfort Elora. Lorelai looks as if she's about to tear up at the state of her friend, but she doesn't.

"Thanks for everything. Both of you," She says after fixing herself up, smiling towards me and Lorelai.

"So," Lorelai says, "why don't we go get some ice cream at the ice cream parlor?"

"Heck yeah," I say.

Thanks for reading! 🤍

Signing off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 28K 72
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. πŸ”₯❀️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
2.9M 71.4K 22
"Stop trying to act like my fiancΓ©e because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.3M 103K 41
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
1.4M 33.8K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...