Iris Black

By amourangelx

"But if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first whoever did." ___________________________________... More

IRIS BLACK
AESTHETICS
PROLOGUE
10 years later
THIRD YEAR
2• Do you get Deja vu?
3• Spreading wings
4• Boggarts
5• the good old days

1• just the beginning

392 17 16
By amourangelx

Iris black, The Weasley's and Hermione granger were all sat in the leaky cauldron. A place of laughter and comfort while they await for Harry's arrival. Ron was boasting about his trips from the summer, Hermione and iris were talking whilst admiring crook-shanks- Hermione's ginger, lion like cat. Iris always wanted a cat, she just never had the opportunity to get one.

Iris turned around and noticed harry, his raven hair, messy as usual but the same smile that lit up his face. Iris ran up to him and threw her arms over his shoulders. He reciprocated the hug and placed his arms around her back. They, finally let go and iris shoved him away playfully when she noticed the crack in his glasses.

"You need to stop breaking your glasses!" said iris, before the others joined.

"Hey astra! missed you too." Harry replied sarcastically. His nickname- Astra was given to Iris last year, it originally comes from latin and it means star. Because iris always seemed to be the brightest in the darkest of rooms.

"Harry!" Hermione lightly hugged him and so did Ron. Ron stood next to Hermione, however her cat had other ideas. A small purr came from its mouth and Ron stepped back.

"That bloody cat! i'll turn it into a tea cozy if it doesn't leave Scabbers alone!" Ron tutted and Hermione rolled her eyes in response.

"I'll turn you into a tea cozy, if you even think about touching crook-shanks!" muttered iris, quiet enough for only herself to hear.

Ron was telling mostly everyone, about his trip to Egypt before the twins came and made fun of him for it. "You know Egyptians used to worship cats!" Hermione stated, holding the ginger cat close.

Fred and George sat down, iris in the middle of the two. "You don't think that Lupin girl, is still attending Hogwarts do you?" Fred rolled his eyes, and spoke closer to the five sitting on the table.

"Fred seems to have some sort of obsession with the girl!" George rubbed Fred's head, and joked around with him.

"me? bloody hell! i hate the girl." Fred protested and scanned the newspaper his family were seen in.

Iris giggled, her hair flowing down her back. Harry was admiring her before Mrs and Mr Weasley came down the stairs and greeted him.
"Harry. Good to see you, dear." Molly brought him into her warm embrace.

"Good to see you too." nodded harry, fixing his glasses slightly.

"You prepared? got your clothes, books, robe?" Molly asked continuously, making harry slightly more flustered than before.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered, hoping he was saying the right thing. "I have everything." Said harry. Iris came over and greeted molly.

"I'll make sure he's got everything molly." Iris reassured her, and nudged Harry. Before any further conversation Arthur Weasley came over as-well.

"Harry, Iris mind if i have a moment with you?" he asked, smiling a little too hard, almost fake.

"Yeah, sure." They both replied before following him to a corner of the room. It was a dark corner, where no one would see or hear them.

"Now what i'm about to tell you, is some information that some within the ministry would strongly discourage me not to reveal to you. But i think it's best if you hear the facts." Mr Weasley, walked them further away and closer to an image of Sirius black that was hung on the wall. An image that has been haunting Iris. "you two might be in danger." He whispered.

The two exchanged looks before speaking again. "Does this have anything to do with Sirius black, sir?" Harry asked. Iris had her head down and turned to the image by the wall.

"What do you know about him?" Mr Weasley asked suspiciously, crossing his arms.

"He's escaped from Azkaban, apart from that i don't want to know anything else." Iris replied, she too crossed her arms but spoke in an angry manner.

"Do you know why he escaped?" said Arthur, his voice quiet but stern.

"Well thirteen years ago, when you stopped you-know-who. Black lost everything, including you iris." Explained Arthur, he had a slight worry in his voice which iris didn't like.

"I don't care. He deserved to have lost everything, in fact if i ever see him on the streets i'll make him lose more than he could ever imagine." Iris stared deeply at the picture, and continued walking with both Harry and Mr Weasley. 

"now iris, it's important you listen carefully. Because if you do indeed see him, i'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to hurt you." Mr Weasley grabbed her shoulders, calmly but also strictly.

"Now till this day he remains a faithful servant to you-know-who. And in his mind, you harry are the only one standing in the way of him returning to power." Mr Weasley explained again, dragging the two to another isolated part of the leaky cauldron desperately trying not to be heard. "And that is why he has escaped from Azkaban. To find you. And most likely you too, iris." He stood io straight, after finishing speaking. Harry looked Mr Weasley in the eye.

"And kill me." he stated bluntly. "Kill us." Harry corrected once he looked over to iris who seemed to be stressed.

"Now whatever you do, i need you two to swear to me that you won't go looking for Black." Mr Weasleys touch was firm, and his voice was harsh.

"Why would i go looking for someone who wants to kill me?" Harry obviously asked, however iris had other speculations.

"I can't make any promises." Her face was plagued with worry, but also determination. Iris walked off leaving the two not only stunned but anxious for Iris.

Harry jogged to follow iris as she walked off and sat back down with the rest of the group. "Iris-"
Harry began.

"—Harry, if he comes near me i won't hesitate to hurt him." Warned iris, as she stroked Crook-shanks.

"If he comes near either of us, you won't be the only one hurting him. I assure you of that." Harry replied.

"Come on dears, we best get going!" Molly called everyone, before they all set off to start their new year at Hogwarts.

The train was roaring off, rapidly going across the train tracks. "I didn't mean to blow her up. I just—" Harry shrugged, trying to find a free compartment on the train.

"—it dosent matter it's brilliant!" Ron replied, tightly wrapping his hands around the rat.

"They had it coming, but i'm surprised you didn't get expelled!" Iris laughed, keeping ahold of her books.

"Honestly, you three it's not funny harry could have been expelled!" Hermione tutted, and shook her head in disappointment.

"But he wasn't, mione." Iris replied. Hermione gestured her head towards the inside of a compartment and iris cocked her head. There was a large man sleeping across the seat.

"It's the only one free." Hermione opened the doors, and they all sat down.

"who is that?" Ron asked, as he placed his bags down on the seat.

"Professor R.J lupin. Scarlett Lupins father i assume?" Hermione stated.

"i wonder what he's doing here?" Iris asked.

After, both Harry and Iris explained the Sirius situation, they noticed how quick the time went by. When Iris scanned outside of the window it seemed to be dark, gloomy clouds hovering over the train. And the rain was pouring down.

"Let's get this straight, i knew Sirius Black escaped but blimey... i didn't know he'd come after you!" Ron exaggerated, he was sat at the edge of his seat clearly anxious.

"But they'll catch black, won't they?" Hermione asked, her mouth turned down.

"Considering, no one has ever broken out of Azkaban before. I assume it's not going to be easy." Ron slumped into the seat and looked to Harry and Iris.

"Ronald! that's not helping." Iris noticed the so obviously concerned look on Harry's face. His eyes glistened with fear, and his lips paper thin.

"Thanks Ron." Replied harry sarcastically.

The train breaks screeched, and confusion erupted in the room. "Why are we stopping?" Hermione asked, looking around.

"Surely we aren't there yet?" Iris looked outside of the window. Harry got up off the seat and opened the compartment doors but they immediately shut again causing him to jerk back and fall back into the seat.

"What's going on?" Ron asked in terror when the lights shut down and the room was left in darkness.

"Not a clue." Iris replied, feeling the windows close to her. "The windows... there freezing." She realised. They started to turn into ice and the whole room was plagued with a cold aura. As if the life was being sucked out of it.

A loud, harsh breath.

The doors opened, but it wasn't the core four.

A black floating figure hovered over the five that were clearly filled with horror. "w-what is that?" Ron gulped.

"No one move." Iris warned, hoping not to make any wrong mistakes.

Without any further action, the dark, lifeless figure, zoomed over to harry and his face looked like it was being sucked the life out off.  just like the room. After harry fell to the floor, it did the exact same thing to Iris.

Iris fell to the floor.

a women

hand marks around her neck.

harry fell to the floor.

a women screaming

a bright green light.

The professor that was sleeping on the seat rose and used his wand to get rid of the figure. A bright white light was visible. And with that, the figure disappeared.

"Iris! Harry!" Hermione called, iris slowly opened her eyes, adjusting them to the light. She used her hands to bring herself up from the floor.
Harry awoke and he did the same, rubbing his head and fixing his glasses.

"What happened?" Iris's voice croaked, and she sat back up on the seat.

"Excuse me. What exactly was that thing?" Harry asked.

"It was a dementor. they guard Azkaban. It's here on the train looking for Sirius black." The man explained. He opened a chocolate bar and handed it to the two ruffled kids in-front of him. 
"Here have some chocolate... it will help."

Before he said any more, he took a second glance at Iris and viewed the feature of her face. It was a like a face he's seen before.

"Astra, you alright?" Harry asked and lupins face dropped.

"yeah, you?" She asked breaking a part of the chocolate and biting it.

"Astra?" He spoke under his breath and shook of his hidden feelings before speaking out loud again. "if you'll excuse me, i need to have a word with the driver." He walked out of the compartment and gave one last smile.

"did any of you pass out?" Harry asked.

"No, me and Hermione thought you two were having some sort of fit!" Ron explained.

"There was a women screaming." Harry clarified for the rest of the three.

"There was a women but she wasn't screaming." said iris, confused and suspicious.

"Harry... iris. There was no screaming. And no women either." Hermione spoke carefully and her eyebrows closed together.

Iris and Harry exchanged looks and moved in their sits uncomfortably.

what happened then?

••••••••••
THANK YOU FOR READING!
IM SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS!
COMMENT WHAT YOU LIKED!
LOVE YOU ALL!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.3K 37
WARNING: UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN. CHAPTERS WILL BE REPUBLISHED AS I GO Countenance v; to extend toleration to //Jessica bla...
312K 7.1K 45
{Completed} It's hard being the daughter of Sirius Black, since everyone's accusing my father of being a murderer. I try to make friends, but the bes...
222K 11.8K 132
#1 Hermionegranger (22/5/22) #1 Hermionexmalereader (20/5/22) #1 PennyHaywood (21/11/23) The third year of Y/N's time at Hogwarts and he is finally i...
10.2K 400 24
Bigger threats are coming, Mel has spent the majority of her summer studying and memorizing the lessons her uncle told her to review, but now there's...