SHH, DON'T TELL ANYONE

By Iheart_readingg

ღ"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥, 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐭�... More

𝟎𝟏 || 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘
𝟎𝟐 || 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄
03 || 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑
04 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐘
𝟎𝟓 || 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒
𝟎𝟔 || 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒, 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒
𝟎𝟖 || 𝐌𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄
𝐎𝟗 || 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄
𝟏𝟎 || 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐎𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐒
𝟏𝟏 ||

𝟎𝟕 ||

4 0 0
By Iheart_readingg

Last night Lacey and I talked for hours about our plan to dig deeper into the Carusos secrets. We decided that I visit my father who is a doctor. He knows a lot about skin cancers and diseases, so it was the perfect opportunity.

I begged for her to come with me, but she couldn't, as it would blow off our undercover.

I thought it was perfect timing because spring break was a week away. So it all made sense.

My bag is packed and ready to go. I say goodbye to the girls, as I'm walking out the dorm room. I see Caleb standing beside the doorway.

"Where are you going?"

"To see my boyfriend," I said sarcastically.

He laughs, "You don't have a boyfriend. What's his name?"

I look at him, and the way I looked at him answered his question.

"I'm going home for the weekend," I reply, hefting my bag onto my shoulder.

"I need a break from campus life." Caleb nods, knowing how hectic school can be.

"Do you want me to come?"

"You can't be serious right now," I said in shock.

His constant need to be by my side was becoming suffocating. But his expression was serious.

"No I don't want you to come."

"Why?" He begged.

"Because I didn't invite you."

"Well I'm inviting myself," he said.

"I want to make sure safe, while you travel."

"If I could fly here alone, I'm sure I can make it safely back."

"Nothing is guaranteed," he said.

"Your right, and so is you not coming with me."

The driver yells from the car, "Hurry up."

"Looks like I have to go. Without you," I teased.

He grabs my arm, so hard my bag fell to the ground. You could tell he was mad at what I said.

"Let go of me," I whispered so the others couldn't hear.

"Ouch that burns," I said as he noticed the burn marks on my arms that I had been trying to hide by wearing long sleeves. I didn't want anyone to see the marks that reminded me of the dangerous situation that I was in. What made matters worse is that I could barely remember it.

"Why didn't you tell me you had bruises on your arm," he questioned in anger.

"Why don't you tell me how I got the bruises?"

He didn't say anything.

I watched as he stood there staring at me, and I could see the pain in his eyes. The bruises definitely mean't something much more.

As the driver loads the car with my bags. I hear a loud roar from behind, and it sounds familiar. I turn around to see Caleb in his truck driving off quickly. I hoped he didn't drive recklessly, to the point where he crashed. I wondered where he was going?

On the plane, I wrote in my diary that I forgot to document the first day I arrived here.

"Dear Diary, yesterday was the worst day ever. It all started when I found out that Caleb, my crush, has been hiding a secret from me. I couldn't believe it, and I wished I listened to Maya.

I couldn't shake off the feeling that Caleb had drugged me and taken advantage of me. I feel so violated and betrayed. How could he do this to me? What if he raped me? I don't even know who he really is anymore. I feel like my whole world has been shattered. Can I put my detective skills to the test?" Thank you for reading my diary.

As I drifted to sleep, I suddenly heard my cries for help. The sensations surrounding me felt like a burning steam, growing more intense by the moment. Eventually, I lost consciousness and my eyes remained shut, while my heart seemed to stop beating. I could hear my surroundings.

The images only seemed to intensify as I sunk in more deeper.

"Dreamy, I'm sorry I took so long to save you."

He was so freaked out, he kept repeating himself.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

I could see these people surrounding the scene, you know the ones who were dressed in those traditional robes. They all sang in a melody in Italian, that I couldn't understand.

As I laid in his arms tightly, I could see his figure moving swiftly and effortlessly down the hills, taking sharp turns around the mountains. It seemed as though this being was a supernatural creature, moving at a speed that was beyond my understanding. The only thing I could recall was the sound of sirens growing louder and louder.

It wasn't until I jolted awake, covered in sweat, that I realized it was all just a nightmare. But the fear lingered, making it difficult to fall back asleep.

My server noticed it, "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, just a little hot. Can you turn the air on?" I lied.

He noticed he brought me food, "I hope this makes you feel better." He smiled.

"Thank you" I said.

My server noticed it, "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, just a little hot. Can you turn the air on?" I lied.

I noticed he brought me food, "I hope this makes you feel better." He smiled.

In reality, I was far from okay. The food was so good, it eased my stress a little.

Suddenly, the windows are poured with rain and strong winds are fighting the aircraft.

"The weather forecast did not predict this sudden storm," the pilot said having our attention.

"I ask all passengers to buckle up, and be ready to use the emergency oxygen masks in case of a sudden loss of cabin pressure. Your safety is our top priority and we thank you for your cooperation."

It seems to have caught everyone off guard. People scramble to close their windows and take cover as the storm rages on, turning the sky dark and the clouds heavy. I could feel the tension.

Dear Diary, this might be the day I die. Im stuck in a storm in the middle of the sky. I pray to god we land safely. Thank you for reading this again!

Lightening starts to strike. The loud booms of thunder echo through the air, warning of the danger I was really in. The raw power of nature is on full display as the storm rages on, reminding us of the forces beyond our control.

As the plan descends lower to the ground, I could see the flooded streets

As the plane descends lower to the ground, I could see the flooded streets and the devastation caused by the intense storm. Buildings were destroyed, trees were uprooted, and cars were submerged in water. The waves were crashed further into the cities coastlines. It was a heartbreaking sight. Emergency responders and volunteers were already on the scene, working tirelessly to help those affected by the disaster. I could see the emergency lights flashing in response.

The plane had a long and turbulent flight, but finally, we landed safely at our destination. There was a sigh of relief among the passengers, and everyone burst into applause, grateful to have arrived safely.

The pilot's voice came over the intercom, "Thank you for flying with American Airlines and wishing you a pleasant stay. It was a peaceful end to a stressful journey."

"You have now arrived in Las Vegas."

I was so worried about the storm, I hadn't realize I landed in the wrong place.

"Las Vegas?"

"Yes is their a problem," the flight attendant asked helping me get my bag out the overhead capartment.

I was supposed to be on a flight to Los Angeles," I replied feeling a knot in my stomach.

"I must have boarded the wrong plane."

"Actually, we made a change of plans," she said nervously. "Due to the storm, we flew around Los Angeles instead. It's not safe to continue through the original route at the moment."

"That makes sense, thanks for letting me know."

She nodded with a smile.

I hurried off the plane and made my way through the busy Las Vegas airport. The bright lights and sounds of slot machines surrounded me as I navigated my way to the baggage claim.

With crowds of people rushing to their next destination and intercoms speaking in every direction, it was chaotic and hectic.

At baggage claim the TV displayed a list of names.

The intercom repeats, "Passengers with these names, please report to the baggage assistance desk."

"Matthew Wilson, Samantha Davis, Naveah Johnson, Caleb Caruso, and last but not least Dream Hartz."

"Please hurry up, or your baggage's will be gone for good."

My heart was pounding as I read the words again, my mind racing with disbelief.

"Caleb Caruso."

I stumbled backwards, my legs giving way beneath me and I collapsed to the ground. It was impossible, it couldn't be true. But the words on the board remained, confirming my worst enemy.

He was the reason I came all the way over here for.

How could this be happening?

I feel a tap on my shoulder, and before I turned around. I already know who it was. I could smell his cologne, and recognized his touch.

I finally turn around to see Caleb.

"I told you I was coming with you," he said.

I was so angry, I couldn't even respond. I walk fast away from him.

He starts chasing behind me.

"Look I can explain," he grabs my arm but I shrug it off.

"I don't want to hear it," I say, my voice trembling with anger and hurt. "You should have respected my decision to go alone."

Caleb looks at me with remorse in his eyes as I continue to walk away, leaving him behind.

But something told me to stop and turn back. And so I did. I couldn't resist him, and he was like a drug to my soul.

"Why do you do such things like this?" I asked, my voice firm and my arms crossed in front of me.

"I don't know," he admits. "I guess I just can't help myself sometimes."

"You know I've never visited the U.S, so I thought I'd make my first time with you."

"Why not someone else? You barely even know me."

"Because you are different, mysterious, and intoxicating. You draw me in like a moth to a flame, and I can't resist the pull. I know it's unusual, but I can't help but crave your company. And now, here we are, standing inside an airport, both unable to resist the chemistry between us. It's dangerous, but it's also exhilarating. And I don't want to stop.

And I want to use this opportunity to get to know you Dreamy."

He pulls my chin up, causing our eyes to meet.

"Why else did you turn around?" He teases me.

I playfully slap his cheek, and roll my eyes, knowing he was right. I couldn't come up with any any excuses to defend myself against his charm.

"Oh no!"

"What? What wrong?" His eyes lit him with worry.

"Our bags. We forgot our bags!"

We run through the crowds racing to our baggage assigned desk area. My heart pounding, hoping they still have our bags.

"Excuse me, sir"

"Mi scusi," he said which means excuse me in Italian.

"Excuse me, ma'am!"

The list was cleared, and it was too late.

"Miss, do you have our bags?"

He repeats our names to the lady, and she refused to respond to his requests.

Our bags were gone forever.

"I'm so pissed. I packed my favorite shoes, and now I have to buy new ones. What a waste of money!"

He starts pacing, I noticed he does this when he's anxious, "I can't believe this happened.

"I know, it's so frustrating. And we have to spend money to replace everything we packed."

"I'm worried about our passports and money. Did you have them in your purse?"

"Yes, luckily I always keep them with me. But what are we going to do now? We're stuck in Las Vegas during this storm, when we're supposed to be in Los Angeles." I asked, looking out at the raging storm outside.

"We'll have to find a way to pass time and make the most unexpected stay in Vegas," he said.

He was right we needed to make the best out of this disaster. As much as I didn't want to say it but I was glad to have been accidentally landing in Las Vegas with Caleb Caruso. It was an escape from reality, and maybe I could use this to find more about him.

Dear mom and dad, I'm sure you're aware of the storm that's currently happening. I just wanted to let you know that I am safe and staying in Las Vegas until the storm clears. Hopefully, I will be able to make it home by tomorrow. Please take care and stay safe. Love you both.

The text didn't deliver.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 577 14
𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑖𝑡! 𝐿𝑜�...
31 6 24
𝖨𝗍'𝗌 𝖺𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖺 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾𝖽 𝖬𝗈𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝖺𝗅𝗌𝗈 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝗇𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗋'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗁𝖾...
85.1K 4.3K 45
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 �...
72 2 9
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨. 𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩�...