Qismat se Qubool Hai (Slow Up...

By _theimperfect_girl

He's a Hindu boy. She's a Muslim girl. He has a past. She has a past too. His past has turned him angry and... More

Author Note
City of Dreams!
Nightmares
Malhotra's
The Office
The Boss😎
Troubling the new girl
No More Attempts
In A New Light
Side Effects
An Odd Demand
Author's note
A day's off
Not A Cheater
Author's Note
Was She Mine?
Precious Day
His PA
Author's Note
Close Encounter
Author's Note
Pain-The Best Friend
Author's Note

Attitude

19 3 2
By _theimperfect_girl

Hello readers!

Sorry for the delay as usual but since Ramzan got started I hardly got time so sorry once again. Thanks for bearing with me. Please keep supporting me.

**********

Happy Reading

Manik was busy talking on the phone while looking out of his glass window, he turned around on hearing the knock on the door and showed her his hand to wait. She moved towards his desk with soft steps and halted there. She waited patiently for her boss to finish his conversation.

"Yes... Hmmm ... Ok so Mirza came to the airport...ok... What? Abhimanyu... Acha . Chalo good.. you got a company... Anyways you take care and let me know if you need anything ok... Yes Mukti... Ok I gotta leave...Han I know bacha... Me too... You know bacha I can't.. Acha now bye.. Bye Mukti ! Manik spoke over the phone.

While he was talking in between Sehar thought that she should leave her boss with his privacy so she gestured him that she'll come later but Manik asked her to stay back showing his hands and asked her to sit.

But Sehar chose to be as she was. She noticed the way Manik was talking to the person on the phone. He was so soft and humble. His tone visualized that how much he cares for that person and loves the latter a lot.

Sehar had never seen before this side of her boss. Although today morning when she came she was surprised by his behavior. The person who is either in irritation or in anger was today sweet and calm. Witnessing Manik's this avatar bought a small smile on her lips which definitely didn't go unnoticed by the man present in the cabin.

She remembered how softly he spoke to her this morning. And she went into flashbacks of morning.

Flashback

In the morning Sehar reached the office but was finding it difficult to enter Manik's cabin but anyhow she had to do that. Things won't work this way.

Closing her eyes.

Taking a deep breath.

She knocked the door and walked in.

The boss was seated as usual in the dark with his back and head rested back on his comfortable office chair. She switched on the lights and raised the Roman Curtains as usual.

The sunlight that made it's way through the window in Manik's cabin kissed his skin. Manik covered his eyes with the back of his palm to obstruct it and to get the clear view of his PA.

Sehar moved back to the front of his work desk.

"Good morning Sir!  You've a meeting with Mr.Khurana at 10.30 a.m followed by a conference call and then later on after the lunch the meeting with the Maheshwari's.... That's it for today" Sehar spoke in a go without pausing in between.

Sehar enlightened Manik with the day's schedule in a haste without even giving him a chance to speak or to wish her back Good Morning. Reason ofcourse what happened yesterday.

She was finding it hard to face her boss so she thought that she'd just inform Manik about the schedule and leave Asap. ( Keyword - thought).

She was leaving quickly when the voice behind her back asked her to stop, she halted there closing her eyes and pressing her lips together with 'Oh God I'm caught' look.. She stood at her place still facing her back at him.

Manik stood up from his place,where he was sitting comfortably untill now.

"Miss Baig"!!!  he called out her name in a low voice, trying not to sound harsh or rude.

"Yes Sir" Sehar replied. She turned around and stood there with her gaze fixed at the floor.

"Look we've to talk about it" he spoke politely.

"About wh-what Sir" she replied back still looking at the flooring of Manik's cabin as if it was the best scenario down there.

The place was filled with complete silence.

Clearing his throat "About...umm about yesterday" he replied back after a pause.

Sehar snapped her head.

Her eyes met His.

His were already gazing Her.

They had an eyelock.

The memories from yesterday started playing in their minds.

Manik moved ahead.

Without shifting his gaze.

Their eyes still meeting each others.

His footsteps approaching towards her was the only audible voice.

The voice of his footstep brought her back from her trance and she blinked her eyes and shifted her gaze to the surrounding.

They both were feeling awkward.

Manik broke the ice this time.

"Are you okay?" he questioned her coming close to her but not that much that she gets uncomfortable.

"Ye- Yeah I.. I'm fine" she replied back with out looking at him.

Manik asked her whether she was fine and that sooner or later they had to talk about it so it's better to talk. Coz if they don't do so the awkwardness will increase and that might affect their work.

Sehar replied back that she is fine and she narrated the whole fiasco that took place yesterday and apologized.

Manik said her that she needs not to apologize as the paper weight had fallen by him. Besides that he told her that he was about to notify her the same but guess he was too late.

"Look Miss Baig I don't want you to be uncomfortable coz of the incident.... Stuff happens and we should not let it come in between our work. You know we've to spend a lot of time with each other...." 

Sehar looked at him again and he got the clue..

"No no ... Don't get me wrong.. I mean that you're not just any other employee ! you're my PA which means we've to face each other everyday... I hope you understand what I'm trying to say." Manik spoke each and every word politely.

Sehar had never witnessed this side of her boss before. The way he spoke trying to make her understand the situation just led Sehar to give upon him eventually.

His words gave her a different kind of confidence. The gaze which were lowered till now raised up. She looked straight at him.

"Yes Sir.... I very well understand what you want to convey to me and you be rest assured that you won't get any complaints and any hurdles between the work. The work won't be affected." She spoke giving him a small yet assurance smile which he returned with the same.

Flashback ends

Manik finished his call and looked at Sehar raising his eyebrows.

"Hmm ... So what's that smile for?" Manik questioned.

Sehar had no idea that her boss had seen her that small yet sweet smile.

"Han... (amused) No nothing bas aise he"  Sehar replied back hiding her amusement.

"Has Mr.Khurana arrived"? Manik asked her scrolling through his phone.

"Yes but how do you now Sir?" she asked out curiously.

"Have you forgotten that you informed me that the first meeting is with him and as much as I know Mr.Khurana won't take the risk of losing the deal by getting late... So...yeah .. I understood" Manik replied back.

"Oh ...hmmm Like that..." Sehar replied back nodding her head.

"Waise I thought you were way smarter than this" Manik said with a smirk, taunt was clearly visible in his tone.

Sehar opted to stay quiet.

Manik and Sehar moved to the conference room for the meeting which ended in 45 minutes.

"Congratulations Manik finally we've signed the deal" Mr.Khurana spoke forwarding his hand.

"Don't you think I should be the one congratulating you Mr.Khurana.. that finally you got the deal" Manik spoke derisively and shaking his hands with the latter.

"You know Manik this the one thing that I don't like about you.. you've got so much of talent but this attitude of yours... Anyways prepare the song and let me know when you are gonna start the recording" Mr.Khurana replied back with a ting of bitterness in his voice.

"Relax Mr.Khurana ... Aap to bura man gae...(with sugar coated voice) (pulling back his hand)

"And yes about the attitude... I HAVE AN ATTITUDE COZ I HAVE EARNED IT..! " Manik replied curtly.

"Besides that I have attitude for those who force me to show them and yes you don't like my attitude I get it but still you're here to work with me... So that means my attitude is worth .... Right" Manik said in a stern voice.

Sehar who was a silent spectator untill got worried about the ongoing scenario. Looking at the situation getting heated she spoke in between.

"Excuse me Sir ..." She spoke clearing her throat and gained the attention of the two men who were lately in a cold war.

"What...?" Manik questioned her cocking his left eyebrow.

"Ummm wo... (she couldn't find words so she came up with an idea) Sir wo .... Wo we've conference calls it's getting late.. I think we're done with this so..." She spoke nervously nodding her head sideways.

Manik looked at her with narrowed eyes and then at the man standing opposite to him (sighing he spoke)

"Mr.Khurana the song is almost complete just the mukhada is left as soon as I complete it you'll be informed so for now excuse me." Manik stated him with the fact and left.

After Manik left Sehar asked Mr.Khurana to excuse them as they had a lot to catch up. She said him that she'll be in touch with his PA for the updates.

"What was that? Han..." Manik questioned Sehar as the elevator moved taking them to the desired destination.

"What Sir?"  Sehar questioned back shrugging off.

"You don't know what I'm talking about.. seriously Miss Baig... You want me to buy that ! You very well know what I'm asking.. so speak up." Manik replied with authority.

"Wo ... Wo aap dono... I mean the atmosphere there was getting heated between you two...ummm ... So ... Wo .. I thought to lighten up the air before the cold war turns into a serious one and ... And..."(she paused) (the elevator stopped and they exited it)

"What war? There wasn't anything of that sort" He said clearing his throat. Although he knew that she was right but he would definitely not confess that.

Sehar just looked at him with her lips pressed against each other to suppress her laugh.

Manik saw her reaction..

"What??"  He mocked.

" Nothing... Nothing at all" she replied back nodding her head in disbelief.

The time passed by with the other official works continued by some conference calls, reading mails, replying back the important ones.

-------

It was afternoon and the employees had gone for the lunch break but Sehar was quiet busy with something. She was engrossed in her work. So she just prayed and came back skipping her lunch.

"Excuse me sir... (She barged into Manik's cabin even without knocking..) Sir I want to speak to you about something important... " She said in such a haste as if she had a flight to catch and she realized that she had entered in without knocking.

" Sorry... Sorry... Sorry sir I just... I'm sorry" she apologized.

"For what Miss baig... What mistake have you done? Besides I'm sure you haven't barged in my cabin just to apologize for something... So.." Manik questioned her.

" Yes Sir !!! ... No Sir !!! " She replied.

"Miss Baig you aren't making any sense"
He said reasonably.

"I mean... Yeah there's something  important... and I asked your  apology for entering your cabin without knocking " she replied with a guilty face .

"Ohkk and what else...?" He said raising his brows.

"Actually sir... Your next meeting is with Mr Maheshwari... And ... " Sehar paused in between.

"And .... And what Miss Baig?"

"Sir please don't agree to any of his deals or demands instantly"

"Miss Baig am I the boss here or you"?

"Without any doubt... Ofcourse you Sir it's just a request sir please... Sir please trust me ....  I'll explain you everything once you've done your meeting... Please trust me on this"

" Fine I'll see what I can do"

Manik neither agreed nor disagreed to her but still he wanted to know what could be the reason.

Mr Maheshwari arrived in some time. Sehar received him and accompanied him to Manik's cabin.

Sorry for being so late and irregular 🙏

Please bare with me.

Do leave your comments and views.

See you soon.

Till then take care.

Ok thanks bye 💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 14.1K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
92K 4.9K 38
Aadhya- The Phoenix's Fury. (Previously known as Aadhya- The Life Journey of a Woman.) We can't share all the things with parents, but friends. A f...
131K 14.8K 39
Can you forgive the one whom you love so much yet hate to death? Years back on the great musical show, she helped him with everything she had to mak...
232K 9.8K 85
"I will never let you control me, you only want money. I'll give you as much as you want but just don't show your face to me." he said looking at me...