Ayano Aishi, the Emotionless...

By BelleAmant

STATUS: COMPLETE Ayano Aishi is new to Akademi High, and while this should be exciting, she can't exactly fee... More

Week Zero, Thursday
Week Zero, Friday
Week One, Monday
Week One, Tuesday
Week One, Wednesday
Week One, Thursday
Week One, Friday
Week One, Saturday
Week Two, Monday
Week Two, Tuesday
Week Two, Wednesday
Week Two, Thursday
Week Two, Friday
Week Two, Saturday
Week Three, Sunday
Week Three, Monday
Week Three, Tuesday
Week Three, Wednesday
Week Three, Thursday
Week Three, Friday
Week Three, Saturday
Not a chapter
Week Four, Sunday
Week Four, Monday
Week Four, Tuesday
Week Four, Wednesday
Week Four, Thursday
Week Four, Friday
Week Four, Saturday
Week Five, Monday
Week Five, Tuesday
Week Five, Wednesday
Week Five, Thursday
Week Five, Friday
Week Five, Saturday
Week Six, Sunday
Week Six, Monday
Week Six, Tuesday
Week Six, Wednesday
Through His Eyes
Week Six, Thursday
Week Six, Friday
Week Six, Saturday
Week Seven, Monday
Week Seven, Tuesday
Special Chapter
Week Seven, Wednesday
Week Seven, Thursday
Week Seven, Friday
Week Eight, Sunday
Week Eight, Monday
Special Chapter Again :3
Week Eight, Tuesday
Week Eight, Wednesday
Week Eight, Thursday
Week Eight, Friday
Week Eight, Saturday
Week Nine, Sunday
Week Nine, Monday
Week Nine, Tuesday
Week Nine, Wednesday
Week Nine, Thursday
Week Nine, Friday
Week Ten, Monday
Week Ten, Tuesday
Week Ten, Wednesday
Week Ten, Thursday
Week Ten, Friday
Week Ten, Saturday
Week Eleven, Monday
Week Eleven, Tuesday
Week Eleven, Wednesday
Week Eleven, Thursday
Week Eleven, Friday
The Extra Chapter

Week Seven, Saturday

159 10 2
By BelleAmant

Week Seven, Saturday

    Ayano wakes up early on Saturday morning, her phone buzzing with texts from Aso. Ayano smiles, opening their conversation as she yawns.

    ‘ Yan! Just a reminder, the competition is at one! ’ The first text reads.

    The second one is just as excited. ‘ In case you forgot, here’s the address! I’ll see you there! :D ’ There’s a link to the competition site, which is another school on the other side of Buraza.

    Ayano blinks at the name of the school, Buraza High, then laughs.

    It looks like Ayano will be going to her old school for the day. Who would’ve expected that?

    Ayano sends a response to Aso. ‘ I can’t wait to watch you win. Is Buraza High the only competition? ’ Ayano tries to remember if their Sports Team was any good. She can’t remember, having never cared enough to ask.

    ‘ Nope! There are three other teams coming in, all from nearby schools. 

    ‘ Well, good luck today! I’ll be cheering you on. ’ 

    ‘ Thanks! :D 

    Ayano smiles at the text, then sets her phone down. She gets ready for the day, donning a light blue shirt and denim shorts, then cleans around her house for a few hours. She eats lunch, then heads out of her house, phone, wallet, and key in her pockets. She doesn’t need to check for directions, already knowing her way to her old school by heart. 

    As Ayano walks, she thinks about her old school even more. It was a long walk to and from school, but Ayano never really cared. She didn’t even pay attention to the fact that Akademi was so much closer last year, only concerned with keeping her routine and appearing normal. And now, here she is, coming back to her old school.

    Ayano wonders if anyone from Buraza High will recognize her. She wonders if anyone remembered her enough to miss her.

    Ayano doesn’t expect anyone to, of course, but the thought still lingers. After all, she’d spent her first year of high school there, and she’d spent all of her earlier years at the nearby elementary school, and middle school, that everyone else went to. 

    Then again, Ayano had always tried to blend in.

    Ayano resolves to not think about it. If someone recognizes her, then she’ll deal with it then. Otherwise, it doesn’t really matter. 

    Ayano arrives at Buraza High with half an hour before the competition begins. She gets in quickly, the line being short, and finds a spot on the top row of the bleachers. Ayano searches for Aso among the swimmers, and spots him with his club members. She waves, and he sees the motion.

    Even from across the pool, Ayano can see his grin, the club leader lighting up when he notices her. He waves back excitedly, then turns back to his team. Ayano watches his animated gestures, smiling at the sight.

    She’s surprised when someone sits next to her. She blinks, turning to look at the girl beside her. 

    The girl in question is staring at her, eyes searching for something. 

    Ayano clears her throat, and gives the girl a small, polite smile. “Hello. Which team are you rooting for?”

    The girl smiles back. “I’m here for Buraza High. Who are you here for?”

    “Akademi High. My friend asked me to watch his competition, so here I am.”

    “Oh, really? Which one?” The girl looks at the six Akademi boys, searching each one. “Not that angry orange-haired boy, right?”

    Ayano looks at Itachi, who’s glaring at the competition. She shakes her head. “No, not Itachi. I’m here for Aso, he’s the blond.”

    The girl gasps. “I know who Aso is! He’s been in the papers for all of his competitions! Wow, you’re his friend?”

    “Yeah. He’s a really sweet person.” Ayano chuckles. “Really energetic, too, but that’s expected honestly.”

    The girl smiles. “That’s so sweet. Oh! I’m Yumi Gima, by the way. What’s your name?”

    Ayano holds a hand out to Yumi. “Ayano Aishi.”

    When Yumi shakes Ayano’s hand, she blinks. “Wait, I recognize that name. Have we met before? I could’ve sworn I recognized you when I first sat down.”

    Ayano shrugs. “I went to this school last year, and the Buraza elementary and middle school before that. It’s my first year at Akademi.”

    And with that, Yumi gasps. “Wait! You’re Ayano Aishi?! Holy crap, we were in the same class last year! I knew I remembered you. How have you been? How’s Akademi? I heard it’s really prestigious, and only the best kids get in. Like, the best . How did you get in? I never heard that you were a genius or anything. Not to be rude, of course.”

    Ayano giggles, and Yumi stops rambling. “I’ve been great. Akademi is wonderful. I have some really great friends there. I had perfect grades at Buraza, by the way. School has never been a challenge for me.”

    Yumi blinks at that. “Really? I never heard that.”

    “I didn’t make a big deal out of it. It isn’t that interesting.”

    Yumi just shakes her head. “Wow. I just, wow . Did you join a club at Akademi? Wait, nevermind. You never joined any at Buraza, that was a silly question.”

    “Actually,” Ayano interjects, “I joined three this year.”

    “Really? You’re kidding me, right?”

    “I’m in the Cooking Club, Drama Club, and my school’s Student Council.”

    Yumi blinks. “Are you the same Ayano Aishi I met?”

    Ayano nods. 

    “Wow. You changed a lot in a few months.”

    Ayano shrugs. “I figured it was time to change up some things in my life. New school, new start, you know?”

    Yumi beams at that. “Well, I’m glad that you’ve finally branched out. I wish I could’ve known you better at Buraza, though.”

    The statement makes Ayano smile sadly, a reminder that Ayano could have, potentially, been happier at Buraza if she’d put in more effort.

    But, at the same time, Ayano wonders if she would’ve had the same results. Because, even talking to Yumi with emotions, Ayano doesn’t feel any closer to the girl than she did a year ago. She doesn’t feel the same way she does around her Akademi friends.

    Perhaps her life was meant to be like this.

    The idea makes Ayano smile with joy, and the two girls continue talking for a few more minutes. Then the competition starts.

    Ayano is glad she came, because the sight of Aso beating every other swimmer is worth it. Overall, Akademi crushes the competition. Buraza High comes in second, but they’re far behind Akademi’s team. Ayano feels proud of her peers, and when the competition is over, she quickly waves goodbye to her old classmate before heading off to find Aso.

    Aso, in turn, is searching for Ayano, and he pulls her into a hug when he sees her. Ayano laughs when she gets wet, uncaring.

    “You were amazing, Aso!” Ayano says when she pulls back. Aso beams in response.

    “You really think so, Yan?”

    “Of course. I’m glad that you invited me. Just watching you win was spectacular.”

    Aso hugs her again, kissing her forehead. “Thanks, Yan!” When he pulls back, he keeps his hands on her shoulders. “I need to go change, but do you want to head to the café with me afterwards? Kaito has been asking if you’re ever coming back again.”

    Ayano laughs, and it feels natural around him. “Of course! I’ll wait for you outside of the school, okay?”

    “Alright. I’ll be out in like ten minutes.” Aso looks over her head. “Oh, hey! Are you Yan’s friend?”

    Ayano turns to see Yumi, who’s smiling at the two. “Yeah! I’m Yumi, Ayano’s old classmate.”

    “Wait, Yan is this your old school? Why didn’t you tell me?” Aso pouts at Ayano.

    “It didn’t come up.” Ayano shrugs, and Aso sighs before dropping the act.

    “Alright. Well, nice to meet you, Yumi!” Aso heads off then, going to get dressed.

    Ayano heads for the school’s entrance, with Yumi tagging alongside her.

    Ten seconds later, Yumi speaks. “So, you and Aso? You could’ve said that you’re his girlfriend.”

    “I’m not, though?”

    Yumi laughs. “Then what’s with the forehead kisses? Is that an Akademi thing?”

    Ayano shrugs, thinking about her other four guy friends. “Honestly, it may be. He’s not the only guy who does that to me.”

    Yumi perks up at that. “Really? How many guys just kiss your forehead like that?”

    “Five. They’re all really affectionate.”

    Yumi pretends to swoon. “That’s adorable, Ayano.” Yumi looks like she’s about to say more, but she’s distracted by someone waving to her. “Oh, my friend is here! Bye, Ayano. Maybe I’ll run into you sometime in the future!”

    Ayano barely remembers to wave goodbye, watching her old classmate run off. She doesn’t feel forgotten, or upset.

    She just watches the girl go, no longer thinking about Ayano. Perhaps she’ll come up in a conversation later, Yumi excitedly telling her class about Ayano Aishi, the girl who used to be clubless and alone, now in three clubs and happy, surrounded by friends.

    How many people will believe Yumi? Does it matter?

    When Aso comes up, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, Ayano realizes that no, it doesn’t matter. 

    Because the past is just that. And the present is so much better.

    Ayano and Aso talk happily the whole way to the café, and the rest of the day is wonderful.

Notes:

(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

1572 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 1K 13
"Me fall in love with you!? Tch.. you know, maybe I actually do" •~• Y/n a new student in Akademi High who is quite interesting.. had caught the atte...
184K 3.9K 29
Ayano is after Senpai once more, unfortunately for her however, several rivals block her way. This time however, they're all boys and after her?!? Ho...
3K 96 32
Edit: This is not getting attention and I'm not really motivated to write this anymore. If people want to read it please comment and I might continue...
150K 3.8K 37
𝙸. ↳𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 you move back to tokyo. after being years away, you finally get to see your two best friends and live a happy and normal life as a t...