Cittaja || Indian Historical...

By SparkleTopaz

Part 1 in Kalika Empire Series Shakrajit, the Crown Prince of Kalika Empire is infamous for his battle prowes... More

Aesthetics
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80 🔥🔥🌶️.
81.
82.
Epilogue
Book 2
Instagram Page

56.

446 40 13
By SparkleTopaz

Mayurakshi decided to take a good hot bath after hurriedly bathing for days on end. As she was going past the personal study in their resting area, she walked in.

There was a letter left on the table. She walked inside, curious about the letter. 'Who could have entered here? Yuvraj doesn't really allow people to get in here.'

Mayurakshi saw a black feather set up on the parchment's seal. It was sealed with that pitch-black feather. Mayurakshi opened the seal to read the letter.

Was it immoral to read her husband's letters? Well, Shakra does mention that all of him belongs to her. Also, something put her in a suspicious place.

She opened it and saw beautiful handwriting.

A sharp sword has already been prepared. Eyes are on the sacrifice. Yama's paasha is ready. All we need is a signal.
- Maukali

Mayurakshi has always doubted Maukali being an aide to Yuvraj, but this letter has only deepened her concerns. She hadn't revealed her choices about Yuvraj previously. She didn't really know how he would react to the truth about wanting to kill him. Clearly, the Kalika Empire would first abandon her if they were to have it confirmed. Saahiti and Aparajita only blamed her and doubted her. There was no conclusive proof. But Maukali's activities are too uncertain.

"So, dear wife, she is now reading my letters." Shakra stood by the door. Mayurakshi almost jumped in surprise. Since he has gotten healthier, he has been unstoppable. Seven murders in a row have occurred, with no news emerging on how they're occurring. The Kanakotika Empire's two ministers have been assassinated by unknown assassins.

"My husband seems to be making deals with Yama."

Shakra chuckled. "You know he is called Dharmaraja, right? It would be tasteless for him to make any sort of deal. He doesn't trade anything for a soul. I feel like Alakshmi is visiting them, that's all. Alakshmi seems to be generally followed by Mrityu, the goddess of death and decay."

Shakra took the letter calmly.

"So, you are involved with Maukali?"

"Hmmm... who knows?" He put the letter on his shelf and locked it. He returned to Mayurakshi and put an arm around her shoulder. "Also, Karma was telling me we were going to visit Gurudev."

"Umhmm." She nodded, but her attention was still on the letter. Shakrajit's close involvement with Maukali meant that Shakra could know the part she played in Krishneri's uproar. The complexities of her decisions have always been her secret. Now, it would have a great effect if Shakra knew. "How often do you meet him?"

"Why are you interested in Maukali, Bangaram? The last time we had this conversation was at Veenapuram."

Mayurakshi didn't know what to say. Shakra was too clever to let any information reach her. He has always been so. He keeps the information to himself until it is his turn to make a move on the chessboard. So, even if she tried, Shakra wouldn't divulge any information to her. He might have an attraction to her and desire her, but he wasn't so much of a fool to trust anyone 100 percent unless he had tested their loyalty. Especially if Shakra knows her involvement in Krishneri's own uprising, then he wasn't so easily going to trust her.

Shakra laughed at her ice-like, emotionless expression. "Sari, odiley. Let's go and visit Gurudev."

"It isn't 'us' visiting him. It is me visiting him." She clarified.

"So, you don't want to go meet Gurudev Pati Sammetha?"

"You trouble him every single time you show up at Gurukul. Either you disrupt the classes or comment about the students' skills unnecessarily. So, I don't need you annoying him."

"Nonsense. I'm pretty well-behaved. I might have slipped last time because I saw you there. I keep slipping every time I see you. Don't blame me for it."

"That's why I've sorted out the problem by going to see him alone."

"Good. You visit Gurudev alone. I'll visit him alone. It is just a coincidence that we show up at the same time."

"Yuvraj!!!" She crossed her arms. Shakra grinned at her annoyance. He cornered her by the table. She leaned on the table with her hands, holding her body up on the table. Shakra placed his hands right next to her, crowding her personal space.

The smell of medicine was gone from him. He once again smelled like a garden that had aravinda, ashoka, malli, aamrapushpa, and utpala. It reminded her of the stories of the infamous Nandanavana. Added to that was the smell of jatamansi, chandana, kustha, and musk. The scent had a place in her heart. That scent was a memory etched in her brain. A scent she probably loved more than Jasmines.

"There is something about you getting annoyed by me. Either it is a part of me that enjoys troubling people or that you have a special ability to look more attractive when you're annoyed. It makes me wonder in what other ways I can annoy you."

After seeing him lying lifeless on the bed, Mayura's heart flutters at the sight of him crowding her, piercing through her personal space, and making a mark of his presence. As if her desires had a mind of their own, she closed her eyes, noticing his breathing close to her.

"It was such a refreshing change from the damned smell of all those medicines to your sweet jasmine scent. Every time I smell jasmine, there's an unusual hunger screaming from within me." Shakra softly traced the edges of her thin waist chain, hugging her waist.

Suddenly, her reaction was visible to him. Something has specifically changed between them. It wasn't the first time he had crowded her space, but since that night at the border of Krishneri and Veenapuram, she suddenly began reacting to him in her personal space. She hadn't ever reacted before. Somehow, magically, she had the ability to be immune to his advances, but since that night, that magical ability has disappeared. He could feel her heart fluttering inside her chest, begging to be set free. The little sparrow within that cage was screaming to join his eagle in the sky.

"What is the point you're making in keeping me away, Mayurakshi? My hands itch to touch you more intimately. My lips itch to kiss yours. My chest itches to know the feel of yours." He sighed. "This itch has been there since the moment you started actually showing signs of being affected by me."

Mayurakshi couldn't keep her eyes open. The touch of his rough hands was boiling her into heat. The teasing touch of his beard on her neck made her chest heavier. Her arms threatened to give up holding her.

"ehmmmm...." Someone clearing their throat disturbed their intimate moment. Shyness instantly captured her, and she pushed him away.

"Disha?" She asked why her maid came ahead.

"Rajkumari, you wanted us to prepare your bath. We should be hurrying up, or we'll get late for our meeting with Gurudev." Disha answered.

"I didn't realize the time." She stuttered slightly but shot off quickly.

"You..." Shakra stopped Disha before she followed her mistress.

"Yuvraj?"

"I don't know why you hate me so much. Always there to interrupt my private moments. She was almost about to be convinced to give in." Shakra sighed.

"We were getting late, Yuvraj. Rajkumari was particular about meeting Gurudev. She believes that this trouble fell over you because you didn't fulfill her duty of going to visit her guru. Now that you are healthy again, she has made it her priority to correct the mistake on her part."

"Karma!!!!" Shakra shouted, and the assistant quickly appeared before him, running swiftly.

"Yes, Yuvraj?"

"Are we ready?"

"Yes. I have put everything in. The donations we always make. The gifts for Gurumata. The gifts for Gurubhrata The rare herbs, the garlands from Amma Kalika, and also the chandana sticks—I've set them all ready. I don't think we're missing anything."

"Perfect."

Mayurakshi quickly got ready and saw Shakra already standing at the gate, Vayu's reigns in his hands, who seemed to be getting impatient about his run.

"Are you so stubborn about this?" Mayurakshi sighed.

"Yes. Completely." Shakra smiled at her.

The two proceeded towards Govindakonda, the forest valley where Gurudev's ashrama was established. It was surrounded by four beautiful hills, collectively called Govindakonda. The locals say that the mountains were brought from Vaikuntha by Garuda when the Goddess Mahalakshmi wished to create a valley on Earth as beautiful as one of the several valleys in Vaikuntha. So, Sri Hari ordered Garuda to a hill from Vaikuntha. Sri Hari kicked the hill lightly, which broke it into four hills, leaving a valley in between.

The valley was beautiful, with herbs, flowers, two ponds, forest tribes, and a beautiful temple. It echoed with the sound of Vedas being chanted by the students.

Reaching the boundary of the ashrama, Mayurakshi and Shakra left behind their horse and proceeded ahead on foot. The ashrama had memories for both of them. Their childhood memories and some memories of the love and affection they found within this valley.

Mayurakshi's earliest father figure was Guru Vishwanath. Knowing exactly how her family situation was, he showered her with affection, trying to distract her from all that. He had been like a father to him.

She saw him sitting under the large banyan tree, and it brought back memories that she had always cherished. He would sit with her for several hours in the same position. I took her into a meditative trance when she was on the verge of breaking down from sadness. Several hours of him trying to teach her to give up all expectations if she truly wanted to be happy.

"So, the Queen of Kalika Empire finally finds herself in the compassion to pay a visit to the poor old man who has been her teacher?" He teased her. Mayurakshi chuckled.

"Unfortunately, Mahadevi isn't here with us. She is on a visit to Venkatachala. She had promised to visit him if Yuvraj retained his health. It is just me and Yuvraj of the Kalika Empire." Mayurakshi answered. He opened his eyes.

"Since when has Mayurakshi become rude?" Mayurakshi turned around to see Gurumata. The couple touched her feet, and she blessed them.

"Me? Rude? Such allegations are nothing but attempts by other people to badmouth me, Amma. I'm ever so sweet." Mayurakshi defended herself.

"Oh, it isn't someone else who told me you are becoming rude. You just showcased it."

"I don't think so, Amma."

"Then how come Rajkumari refers to her husband by his title as if he is a stranger?"

Guru Vishwanath laughed at that comment. "The day she calls him anything else, I would find it needless to interfere in her life."

"I am not allowed to call him by his name."

"What she means is that you still sound like I'm someone who bothers you." Shakra huffed childishly.

"That is universal. Every husband irritates the woman at times." Mayurakshi rolled her eyes at his unnecessary commentary.

"I'm a bother?" Gurudev asked her.

"I was pretty particular about my statement. I said, and I quote, 'Every husband irritates the woman at times'. I didn't say anything about you."

"Come here..." Mayurakshi moved closer to him and kneeled before him. He caught her by her ear.

"Aaahh!" She exclaimed, holding the ear.

"Don't be smart with me. I have polished that intelligence. Don't try to use it on me."

"I apologize. Please forgive her." Shakra kneeled to him, holding his ears.

"Why are you apologizing for me?" Mayurakshi asked.

"Paapam, inka chinna pilla. You're aware of how they all work. Anadari kuturlu nanna ki gaaralega... Okko saari ekkuva andamu alavate. You have also encouraged her mischief at times. Then suddenly, if you want her to act as an adult, How will she?" Shakra requested him. "It must be hurting her."

Gurudev started laughing and let her go. "I've always noted that marriages teach a man to put his egos away and apologize even if it isn't his fault. Yet, I doubted if it could be proven true in your case. All my doubts have turned out to be false."

Shakra laughed at that. The couple touched his feet, and he blessed him.

They spoke for a while and inquired about each other's health and other issues. After a while, Gurumata realizes that it was time that Gurudev wanted to speak to Mayurakshi alone and asked to meet with Vidur, her son. The two left to visit Vidur. Mayurakshi sat before her Guru.

=================

Glossary and Info.

Bangaram - gold. It is used as an endearment, like saying "my precious gold."

Sari, odiley - Nevermind, forget it.

Paapam: Poor one; bechari/bechara in Hindi; paavam in Tamil; paapa in Kannada; pavam in Malayalam.

Inka chinna pilla: She is still a little girl.

Andari kuturlu nanna ki gaaralega: Isn't everyone's daughter's father's darling?

Okko saari ekkuva andamu alavate They're used to talking extra at times.

Info

Nandanavana is Indra's garden in Swarga. This is in context because Shakra is the name of Indra. Shakrajit means the victory of Indra. It denotes Krishna, who defeated Indra. The king of every kingdom is treated like the Indra of that kingdom. That's why the context is that of Nandanavana.

Aravinda: Lotus

Ashoka: flowers that bloom on Ashoka trees

Malli: Jasmine

Aamrapushpa: mango flowers

Neela utpala: blue lilies

Here's some interesting information. These five flowers are the flower arrows that Kamadeva has. According to Hindu legends, Kamadeva, or the Hindu Cupid, has five flower arrows that he uses on people. Lotuses hit the chest, causing madness; Ashoka hits the lips, causing longing; Mango flower hits the head, causing fervor where everything else seems colorless; Jasmine hits the eyes, causing paralysis (not clinical paralysis); and the blue lilies hit the rest of the organs, causing stupification.

Kamadeva is associated with the springs. He is the adhisthan devata for spring. He comes along with the spring air. That's the reason why Kamadeva's attacks feel like you're drowsing in spring, and everything seems flowery and poetical. That's Kama causing all the chaos within you.

I thought the observations made by our ancestors were so spotty about the most common reactions of people to desire. These are easily distinguishable characteristic features. Madness, longing, feverishness, paralysis of thought, and stupification. I'm in such awe of the observations, honestly.

Now, the association between that and Nandanavana is that Kama has a residence in Nandananvana in Swarga.

Jatamansi, Spikenard, or Muskroot. This is used as a perfume and in traditional medicine.

Kustha, Costus. Again, this is used as a perfume and in traditional medicine.

Both of these are only found in the Himalayan range. Costus is specifically found in Kashmir.

Trust me, Shakra is nothing if not extra in his personality. He likes attention and being extra. So, naturally, everything he does has to be extra.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 6.3K 26
Shiv Pandav Vikramadhitya. ..aka Shravan _ The crowned prince of eastern chalukya. ..His bitter wars and love war to expand his dynasty bloom i...
1.6M 73.4K 55
It was a rainy night when a girl was running away from a farm house. Her hair which once looked perfect was now a total mess. She wanted to run away...
1.2K 192 11
An untimely tale surrounding the Kingdom of Kapila. Caught between myriad of emotions, battles, jealously, betrayals, the royal family battles their...
21.2K 1K 19
What will happen when a feisty and independent girl gets stuck in a place where people are after her life and are adamant on snatching her freedom, c...