Prodigy Idol Sunfish

By minimiru

[Everything is fine but you will die no matter what you do ★] [Synonym for a shitty game of luck ★] [Is there... More

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62

Episode 48

1.4K 46 4
By minimiru

TL by Miru

I'm a Genius Idol but My Passive is Sunfish: Episode 48

The classroom heated up with the bold challenge from the new transfer student. Dance club president Hodin stepped forward, excited.

"Did you just call me out!"

"So you're the best dancer?"

Yuyeon scanned Hodin from head to toe with a face full of ease, evaluating his opponent's skills. Hodin, not wanting to be outdone, glared back with determination.

"How is it? Think you can win?"

Youngsam asked, observing the tension between them. Hodin's eyes, perhaps too eager, turned bloodshot for a moment. He stepped back, suggesting they first witness the skills at hand.

"Drop the beat!"

[The First Revelation of Yuyeon's Dance]

[A Relaxed Smile]

[A Calm Intro Plays....]

As the music started, Yuyeon transformed.

"Wow! Look at his eyes change."

Sujae was genuinely amazed. The dance moves were graceful yet fluid, with animated fingertips. Yuyeon leaped lightly and spun around, playing with the rhythm as he delivered a powerful choreography. His pink hair spread like an afterimage with every movement, intensifying as the music crescendoed.

[The Friends in Awe]

Yuyeon elegantly rolled on the floor, then rose without using his hands, solely through the strength of his ankles.

"Uwaah!"

Hodin grimaced, pressing his temples with both hands.

[Hodin's Cry of Despair]

[A Relentless Onslaught of Moves]

[Ending with a Dimple]

Yuyeon, having devoured the camera with his gaze, suddenly relaxed his eyes and flashed a broad smile. The fact that he had dimples too seemed almost unfair.

[An Outpour of Applause]

Hodin, still caught in the moment, exaggeratedly mimicked Yuyeon's moves. The same dance, a different vibe. Sujae, quietly observing Hodin, stood up and approached Yuyeon, offering his hand.

"Congratulations. You've just become the new president of the dance club."

"Ah, I'm the president?"

Yuyeon, catching his breath and straightening his clothes, cheekily replied.

"Isn't there an inauguration ceremony or something like that?"

"Nope, we don't do that here."

Sujae joked that by next week, another talented dancer might show up and take over as president, prompting laughter from DASE.

Next up was Jihan.

"What have you prepared, Jihan?"

"I'll perform a music piece."

Jihan stated calmly.

"Did you bring a recorder or something? I don't see any instrument."

Daeyoon looked around inquisitively, to which Yulmu smugly contributed,

"Our Jihan doesn't need an instrument."

Jihan, having finished his preparations, glanced at the camera and moistened his lips with his tongue.

[Whee- Wheeee-]

He gave a sample of his whistling.

"I'll start now."

With his readiness signaled, all eyes focused on him. The decadent cat's special talent was a whistle performance.

[The Puckered Lips Gathering]

[The Clear Sound That Emanates]

Jihan was whistling the OST of a famous movie.

[A Performance That Held Everyone Breathless]

[Shall We Take a Moment to Appreciate This?]

It sounded like opening a music box, with clear, melodious tones. With every slight movement of Jihan's lips, it seemed as if each note came to life.

"Wow..."

As the performance concluded, the panel stood to applaud. They were genuinely moved.

"This is truly a performance."

Hodin raised both thumbs up towards Jihan, who bowed in gratitude.

"Thank you."

Jihan, too, seemed proud, slightly lifting the corners of his mouth.

"So, who's next?"

With Youngsam quickly moving things along, Chung eagerly raised his hand, making a strong appeal.

"Me! I want to go!"

"If we don't let him, it'll be trouble."

Sujae gestured towards Chung with his chin.

"I'll show you the 'cheat gainer'!"

"Cheat what? Hold on, you can't swear like that on TV."

Mishearing Chung, Sujae attempted to accuse him. The leader was about to clarify, but Yuyeon was quicker.

"It's not that, it's a 'cheat gainer.' It's like a flip in the air. In contemporary dance, it's called a house turn."

A clear explanation from the main dancer.

Chung, regardless of Sujae's fuss, moved to the center to gauge the space for his stage.

"What? A flip in the air?!"

Hodin, now the former president of the dance club, reacted again to the mention of dance.

"Should I start?"

After making a rough estimate, Chung asked.

"Yeah. If you're ready, you can just start wh—"

Before Sujae could finish, Chung had already leapt into the air in response to being told to start whenever he felt like it.

[Chung's Barefoot Valor]

[This Is What a House Turn Looks Like!]

Supporting himself with his left foot and kicking off with his right, he leaped into the air, turning his body and lightly landing on his left foot. An incredible maneuver passed in an instant.

"Whoaaa! What was that!"

Hodin exclaimed excitedly.

"One more time! One more time!"

The other panelists also joined in, chanting in unison.

"Okay. One more~"

As Chung took his stance again, this time the cast members even pushed back desks to give him more space.

"Do you need music?"

When Youngsam asked, Chung, who never said no to a good idea, agreed. The production team then played one of the songs they had prepared in advance.

"Good."

Recognizing the song, Chung timed his move to the music, and at just the right moment, he leaped again to showcase his skill.

[A Powerful and Graceful House Turn]

Chung made a larger circle than before and landed softly. Claiming he'd be lifeless without his sense, he didn't stop there but improvised more choreography to the music. After a series of elegant moves, he finished with yet another turn. After spinning incredibly fast for five rotations, Chung finished with his hand on the ground, eliciting cheers from everyone.

[Incredible!]

The panelists rushed over, swirling around Chung in excitement.

"Aren't you dizzy?"

Back to his spot, Baekya asked Chung with a mix of concern and awe.

"Yeah! I can do it ten more times, you know?"

Chung responded with a playful boast and a mischievous smile, making Baekya laugh too. Having passed his turn, Chung began to reattach his mic, with Yuyeon assisting him.

"Are there just two left?"

Daeyoon's question made the two remaining people look at each other. Baekya, feeling the pressure, hesitantly glanced at Minsung.

'Should I go first...?'

Wishing he had gone first, Baekya regretted not knowing his members would prepare such impressive personal skills.

"I'll go fir-"

Baekya tentatively began to raise his hand. However, at that moment, a quest arrived. Two of them popped up simultaneously.

[A New (Hidden) Quest Has Arrived!]

[Q. A Good Deed Generator (1): Create a first good deed on set]

[Q. Celebrity's Celebrity (1): Make a lasting impression on one fellow celebrity]

'Seems like a quest specific to the shooting location.

Hidden quests often depended more on the environment than Baekya's immediate circumstances.

'Still, it seems the quests are not completely unaffected by the circumstances...'

Creating a good deed and making a lasting impression. There must be a reason why these quests appeared now and not upon arrival.

'Especially that Good Deed Generator quest.'

Baekya, with a sense of reluctant obligation, yielded his turn to Minsung.

"You go first, hyung."

"Why? Aren't you going?"

Minsung had planned to go last out of consideration for his younger members. However, he misunderstood Baekya's insistence on yielding his turn.

'Ah, does he want to go last?'

Minsung decided to showcase his talent first, which was singing.

"Trot's been trendy again lately, so I chose that."

"I Love You, Power Bank," a mega-hit song by a female solo artist that sparked a trot craze in the latter half of last year.

[Let's Charge Up the Fun~!]

The song started with a lively electronic sound, exciting the cast even before it began, getting them to stand up and clap along. Minsung, with his handsome features holding the microphone, immediately heated up the atmosphere as he began singing.

- Recharge me with your love

His perfect trot singing technique. Indeed, the recipient of the popularity award at the Gimcheon Grape Festival was on a different level from the first verse. The vibe of experience was palpable, not something that comes overnight.

"Wait, is this the original key?!"

Youngsam exclaimed, surprised. Minsung sang so comfortably that it went unnoticed until the song escalated into higher pitches, yet he managed it effortlessly, leaving Youngsam dropping his jaw in amazement.

[A Skill That Leaves You Amazed]

[Minsung of DASE, a Premium Vocalist]

[Jetty School Fully Charged♡]

After finishing his song, Minsung returned to his seat, greeted with pats on the shoulder from his members for a job well done. Now, only Baekya was left. At that moment, the hamster looked vacantly into the air, bewildered.

'...Why?'

The quest completion notification hadn't popped up. Yielding his turn to a member, what a good deed that was! Yet, this time too, it seemed there were specific criteria for the system, and the status window remained unresponsive.

"Are you okay?"

Jihan noticed Baekya's unusual state and gently grasped his arm.

"...Huh? Yeah."

Baekya quickly snapped back to reality and responded hastily.

"So, it's the last one now. Baekya?"

Youngsam called his name, causing the nervous Sunfish to flinch.

"Me- me!"

Baekya raised his hand, accidentally slipping into formal speech.

"Take it easy, take it easy."

Youngsam tried to ease his nerves, reminding him they were friends and there was nothing to fear.

"So, what will you show us?"

Baekya nervously chewed on his lips before responding in an unconfident voice.

"I, I mean... I have..."

He glanced around at the panelists and, lowering his eyes, shouted,

"I've prepared a voice impression!"

His hands were trembling under the desk, tightly clenched. Minsung noticed and covered Baekya's hands with his, gently patting them. The trembling in Baekya's hands gradually subsided.

"What kind of voice impression?"

"We really like impressions~"

The panelists responded more enthusiastically. Unlike the other members who had displayed a non-rookie level of cheekiness, Baekya's response was more typical. Baekya, biting his lower lip slightly, searched for the camera.

"I worried about it a lot because I really don't have a unique talent..."

Still, swallowing nervously, he said that he decided to try the one thing he had recently been praised for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37K 1.7K 24
(Warnings: Mild language, violence, death, intense themes) Y/N has not lived a particularly easy life. As she's driven to the edge, (both figurativel...
20.9K 1.2K 34
"Any of us had that death sentence, really. Fate just couldn't decide who to screw over first, so you did." 'A failed angel on a killing spree in ord...
40.7K 1.6K 47
"How did my life end up like this?" "Because you accidentally made a deal with the devil" Accidents happen all the time and it's a real pity when so...
5.4K 372 20
❝In death, there are no accidents, no coincidences, no mishaps, and no escapes.❝ _ Where a K-pop groups cheat death, but death comes after them... on...