๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐Ž๐˜ ๐–๐‡๐Ž ๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐„...

Por -weqsleys

โ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐–๐‡๐€๐“ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐–๐„๐‘๐„ ๐–๐„? ๐“๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐Œ๐„ ๐–๐„ ๐–๐„๐‘๐„๐'๐“ ๐‰๐”๐’๐“ ๐…๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐... Mรกs

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐Ž๐˜ ๐–๐‡๐Ž ๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐ƒ
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
summer 1992
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
summer 1993
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter fourty
chapter fourty-one
chapter fourty-two
chapter fourty-three
chapter fourty-four
chapter fourty-five
chapter fourty-six
chapter fourty-seven
chapter fourty-eight
chapter fourty-nine
chapter fifty
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
chapter fifty-three
chapter fifty-four
chapter fifty-five
chapter fifty-six
chapter fifty-seven
chapter fifty-nine
chapter sixty
chapter sixty-one
chapter sixty-two

chapter fifty-eight

594 37 31
Por -weqsleys

Ben really did try his best to ignore his doubts about Harry and Mei-Xing, but he still failed miserably. He couldn't help but continue thinking about it, over and over again, wondering when he had gone wrong. When it had gone wrong.

What hurt him wasn't the fact that he fancied someone else now. Well, yes it did, there was no point in lying... But what made it far worse was the fact that Harry hadn't given any signs of it. Or maybe he had, and Ben hadn't noticed. He obviously didn't expect him to go and tell him directly, he didn't owe him an explanation on his feelings.

But he could've at least stopped acting as though he still fancied him. He could've distanced himself from him, despite how little he wanted it to happen, or at least not told him that 'I needed you', or that 'I get to have you hold my hand' bullshit.

He didn't feel like he had the right to be jealous or hurt about it, but he couldn't control his feelings anyway. He deserved it. He couldn't simply expect Harry to wait forever, despite the fact that he had said he would wait as long as he had to. He was probably not thinking clearly.

He wasn't going to blame him for something he had said months ago, when he was probably blinded by the nerves of the second task the next day.

If he didn't want him anymore, it was okay. He understood it. He wasn't going to intervene. Especially not now that it looked like Mei-Xing liked him back, and was probably willing to actually go out with him. And wasn't ashamed or scared of it.

Besides, he really cared about her. He wanted her to be happy, now that Cedric was gone. If Harry made her feel better, who was he to try to steal him from her? That would be unfair of him.

So, since Harry didn't seem to want to distance himself from him, he made sure to do it himself. Both to let him know that he respected his decision, and to make it easier for him to try to get together with Mei-Xing. And also because it was starting to hurt to look at him, and feel a wave of images of Harry and her together hit him.

He spent the rest of the weekend with Thomas and Leah, which, once again, led to him finding out about what felt like hundreds of different gossip from everyone at school. Thomas told Ben all about his and Theodore's... not-relationship? He didn't know what was the best word to describe it, honestly, and neither did Thomas himself. But the thing was; they both seemed to like each other, so they sometimes met at night.

"I just don't like the way that he pretends to not be more than your housemate when you're in public," commented Leah, sitting under a tree beside the lake, one afternoon.

"Well, you can't expect him to go and kiss me in front of everyone, Leah."

"Of course not," she rolled her eyes. "But there's a difference between acting like you're only friends, and barely looking at you when you walk past each other in the corridors..."

"I'm with her on this one," agreed Ben.

Thomas frowned. "Well, I don't know, I really do like him. And he's very sweet to me when we're together."

"As he should."

"But he should be kind as well during the day, when there's other people around."

"He's just not ready to make it official yet, okay? But I know he will, and things will be different, then. And I'm going to wait for him."

Ben got a chill down his spine.

Thomas turned to Leah. "By the way, does he know...?"

"Know what?" he asked.

Leah shook her head. "Oh, no, he doesn't!"

"What?"

"I've got a girlfriend," she announced, grinning.

Ben's jaw dropped. "Really? That's awesome!"

"Tell him who it is," smirked Thomas.

"Delilah."

"Merlin! How did I not see that coming?"

"Oh no, please don't tell me I look straight!" she gasped dramatically, placing the back of her hand on her forehead.

"No, don't worry," he laughed. "My radar is quite on point."

Leah gasped again, covering her mouth with her hand, her eyes wide open. "WHAT?"

He blinked. "What?" And he suddenly realised what he had just implied, and all colour drained from his face. "Oh, no-"

"I didn't know you were gay!" exclaimed Leah, happily.

"I'm not..."

Leah raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, really, I'm not..." he admittered. "I like girls, too."

Leah nodded in understanding. "So... Do you have a crush on someone, then?"

Ben stopped to think. Thomas already knew, and they both had just told him about their love life, so it was clear they trusted him, so there wasn't really any reason why he wouldn't trust them.

"Yeah."

"Oooh," she smirked. "Who's it?"

He breathed in. "Harry."

Leah's eyebrows raised. "I knew it!"

Given the fact that the girl seemed quite interested in the subject, and so did Thomas, Ben thought that it would perhaps be a good idea to let it all out. So he did, and he told them what had happened with Harry, and how confused he was. Not because he was expecting any sort of help from them, not even tips, he just wanted to say it out loud to someone he trusted, in hopes that it would make him feel slightly better about it.

It didn't.

———————————————

A large sign had been affixed to the Gryffindor notice board, so large that it covered everything else on there; the lists of secondhand spellbooks for sale, the regular reminders of school rules from Argus Filch, the Quidditch team training schedule, the offers to barter certain Chocolate Frog cards for others, the Weasleys' new advertisement for testers, the dates of the Hogsmeade weekends, and the lostand-found notices. The new sign was printed in large black letters and there was a highly official-looking seal at the bottom beside a neat and curly signature.

— by order of —

THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge). No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled. The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed,

Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

"Does this mean they're going to shut down the Gobstones Club?" a small second-year student asked his friend anxiously.

"I reckon you'll be okay with Gobstones," Ron said darkly, making the second year jump. "I don't think we're going to be as lucky, though, do you?" he asked Harry and Ben as the second years hurried away.

"It doesn't seem like it," said Ben.

"This isn't a coincidence," hissed Harry, after reading it again. "She knows."

"She can't," said Ron at once.

"There were people listening in that pub. And let's face it, we don't know how many of the people who turned up we can trust.... Any of them could have run off and told Umbridge."

"Zacharias Smith!" exclaimed Ron at once, punching a fist into his hand. "Or, I thought that Michael Corner had a really shifty look too..."

"You're only saying that because he's dating Ginny," Ben lifted an eyebrow at him.

"No, I mean it-"

"I wonder if Hermione's already seen this," commented Harry, looking over at the door to the girls' dormitories.

"Let's go and tell her," said Ron, pulling the door open, and setting off up the spiral staircase.

"Wait, Ron!"

He was on the sixth stair when it happened. There was a loud, wailing, klaxonlike sound and the steps melted together to make a long, smooth stone slide. There was a brief moment when Ron tried to keep running, arms working madly like windmills, then he toppled over backward and shot down the newly created slide, coming to rest on his back at Harry and Ben's feet.

"Er... I don't think we're allowed in the girls' dormitories," said Harry, pulling Ron to his feet and trying not to laugh.

Ben burst into cackles, making it harder for Harry to resist laughing himself.

Two fourth-year girls came zooming gleefully down the stone slide.

"Oooh, who tried to get upstairs?" they giggled happily, leaping to their feet and ogling the boys.

"Me," grumbled Ron. "I didn't realize that would happen. It's not fair!" he added to his friends, as the girls headed off for the portrait hole, still giggling madly. "Hermione's allowed in our dormitory, how come we're not allowed-"

"Well, it's an old-fashioned rule," replied Hermione, who had just slid neatly onto a rug in front of them and was now getting to her feet. "But it says in Hogwarts, A History that the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls."

"That's honestly quite sad, isn't it?" thought Ben.

Hermione shrugged. "Anyway, why were you trying to get in there?"

"To see you," Ron dragged her over to the notice board "Look at this!"

Hermione's eyes slid rapidly down the notice. Her expression became stony.

"Someone must have blabbed to her!" said Ron, furiously. "I bet it was Michael-"

"They can't have done it," whispered Hermione.

"You're so naive," Ron shook his head. "You think just because you're all honorable and trustworthy-"

"No, they can't have done it because I put a jinx on that piece of parchment we all signed," she interrupted grimly. "Believe me, if anyone's run off and told Umbridge, we'll know exactly who they are and they will really regret it."

"What'll happen to them?"

"Well, put it this way," said Hermione, "it'll make Eloise Midgen's acne look like a couple of cute freckles. Come on, let's get down to breakfast and see what the others think... I wonder whether this has been put up in all the Houses?"

It was soon confirmed that Umbridge's sign had not only appeared in the Gryffindor Tower. There was a peculiar intensity about the chatter and an extra measure of movement in the Hall as people scurried up and down their tables conferring on what they had read. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ben had barely taken their seats when Neville, Dean, Fred, George, and Ginny descended upon them.

"Did you see it?"

"D'you reckon she knows?"

"What are we going to do?" They were all looking at Harry.

He glanced around to make sure there were no teachers near them. "We're going to do it anyway, of course."

"Knew you'd say that," beamed George, thumping Harry on the arm.

"The prefects as well?" Fred asked Hermione and Ron, raising an eyebrow at them.

"Of course," responded Hermione, coolly.

"Here come Ernie and Hannah Abbott," announced Ron, looking over his shoulder. "And those Ravenclaw blokes and Smith... And no one looks very spotty."

Alarm was clear on Hermione's face.

"Never mind spots, the idiots can't come over here now, it'll look really suspicious — sit down!" she mouthed to Ernie and Hannah, gesturing frantically to them to rejoin the Hufflepuff table. "Later! We'll- talk- to- you- later!"

"I'll tell Michael," said Ginny impatiently, swinging herself off her bench. "The fool, honestly..."

But the full repercussions of the sign were not felt until they were leaving the Great Hall for History of Magic.

"Harry! Ron!" called Angelina, hurrying after them, looking desperate.

"It's okay," said Harry quietly, when she was near enough to hear him. "We're still going to-"

"You realize she's including Quidditch in this?" Angelina exclaimed over him. "We have to go and ask permission to re-form the Gryffindor team!"

"What?"

"No way!"

You read the sign, it mentions teams too! So listen, Harry, I am saying this for the last time... Please, please don't lose your temper with Umbridge again or she might not let us play anymore!"

"Okay, okay," he assured, nodding. "I'll behave myself."

That afternoon, Harry received a message from Sirius, telling them to meet him at midnight, in the fireplace. Ben had really been excited to see how the appearing in the fireplace thing went, since Harry had described it as being quite cool.

However, at around half past eleven, the portrait entrance was swung open, revealing a worried-looking McGonagall. She frowned at the sight of them, sitting beside the fireplace.

"What are you four doing here?"

"Finishing our homework, Professor," replied Hermione swiftly, signalling to the books in front of them. "Is there anything wrong?"

"I came here in search of you, Mr. Walker," she said. Ben's eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Oh, okay," he got to his feet awkwardly. "Did something happen? Is Alycia alright?"

"Don't worry, she is," confirmed McGonagall. He breathed out. "She is waiting for us outside."

So Ben waved goodbye at his friends, who were worriedly looking at him, and followed McGonagall through the portrait hole. Alycia was standing outside, wearing her pyjamas, her face full of confusion.

"Ben!" she exclaimed, and grabbed his hand. She was shaking, seemingly very cold, so Ben immediately took off his hoodie, and gave it to her. "Thanks."

"Please, Mr. and Miss Walker, follow me," said McGonagall.

"Where are we going?" asked Ben once they began walking down the corridor.

McGonagall took a while to respond. "To see Professor Dumbledore."

A cold shiver went down Ben's spine. Had they found out about what his friends and him were up to? He soon disregarded that idea; Alycia didn't even know about it, why would she be there, then? And why weren't Harry, Ron and Hermione?

The journey to the Headmaster's office was silent.

"Are we in trouble, Professor McGonagall?" Alycia asked the woman as they reached the Griffin statue in front of Albus Dumbledore's office.

"No, I don't think so," she replied absently, and nearly ran up the stairs, with both Walkers hurrying after her, confused by the meaning of her answer.

McGonagall knocked on the door, although she didn't wait for any reply before opening it, and coming into Dumbledore's office. There was only a man, aside from the Headmaster, inside.

Ben's confusion increased as the man turned around, revealing his scarred face.

"Professor Lupin?" he asked in surprise. And, suddenly, an idea of what could have happened flashed in his mind. "Oh... They've- They've found them, haven't they?"

Lupin slowly looked away from Ben and Alycia, and to Dumbledore, who looked quite serious, although his eyes were sparkling enigmatically. "Please sit down, the both of you."

Ben and Alycia obeyed at once, their eyes fixed on Dumbledore.

He took a deep breath. "Ebony is dead."

Alycia let out a strangled cry of surprise.

"What?" asked Ben, through the sudden knot in his throat. "What happened?"

"We don't know it for sure," said Lupin, shifting in his chair. "Doctors at St. Mungo's said her heart stopped."

"I bet they did something to her," said Ben, through gritted teeth.

"Who?" asked Alycia, her voice a shaky whisper, her eyes teary. "Them?"

He nodded.

"We thought of that possibility, yes," Dumbledore nodded as well. "Mostly since doctors had recently told us they thought she would get out of her coma soon. There were no signs that her state would worsen. Quite the opposite, in fact."

"They definitely killed her," insisted Ben. "They must've somehow found out that she was getting better, and they realised she could wake up, and she'd be able to tell everyone the truth about what happened."

Lupin pursed his lips. "There is no proof of it, now."

So that was it. With Ebony's death, all hopes of getting justice vanished. His parents didn't have to hide anymore; there was absolutely nothing that would incriminate them. They were free, and they would be able to claim their children back. Ben couldn't do anything about it, now. His words wouldn't be enough against his parents'. The Ministry wouldn't believe him if he spoke up about them being Death Eaters, especially now that they didn't even believe Voldemort had returned.

He looked at Alycia. She was very clearly fighting with all her might to stop herself from crying. He wondered if she had realised, too, that they were both coming back home for summer again. Ebony was gone, so they were on their own, now. Nobody could protect them, apart from...

"Audrey."

Alycia frowned. "Er- I'm Alycia."

"No, no," he shook his head, and redirected his gaze back to Dumbledore. "I mean, what about Audrey, my sister? Where is she?"

"As far as we know, she and Steve left for Ireland as soon as your parents disappeared," said Remus. "She came into contact with us, and said she wouldn't hesitate before coming back if either of you needed her. But we told her you were safe."

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" asked Ben, slightly irritably. "I mean... I would've liked to talk to her. I want her to know what happened the night you took me in-"

"She knows, already," said Dumbledore. "Everyone in the Order knows."

Ben went pale. "Really?" Dumbledore nodded. "What do they know, though?"

"That she hurt you, nothing more," the old man answered, his eyes gleaming.

He calmed down, glad to know that not everyone was aware of the reason behind it. "Does she know about Ebony?"

"An owl has been sent to let her know," nodded Dumbledore.

"We will make sure to keep you updated of her response," Lupin told Ben, reassuringly.

He nodded. "Thank you."

———————————————

Alycia had remained silent all the way out of Dumbledore's office but, as soon as they were on their own, she broke into cries, and wrapped her arms around Ben.

He stroked her hair gently. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," she sobbed against his chest.

But, technically, it was. Because, if it wasn't for the fact that he had made his parents angry, none of it would've happened. It was his fault. He had, once again, failed to protect Alycia.

"We're going back there, aren't we?"

"Well... Maybe not..."

Alycia pulled away slightly, so she could look right into his eyes. "Don't lie to me."

"If we do, I won't let them place a single finger on you," he said, after being silent for a moment. "And I mean it. I will do anything, absolutely anything, no matter what, to keep you safe. I don't care about the consequences."

She didn't speak for a second, until she broke the silence by whispering, "I love you so much, Ben."

"I love you even more," he whispered back, and pulled her into a hug again. "Come with me tonight."

"What? I can't go there, I'm a Slytherin-"

"But, moreover, you're my sister," he noted. "I won't leave you on your own now."

"But what if your roommates-"

"Ron and Harry won't care," he said. "Neville won't, either, and I bet neither will Dean."

"What about Seamus?"

"He's being a jerk to Harry, so I couldn't give less of a fuck-" Alycia gasped. "Sorry, I mean I couldn't care less about what he thinks."

Alycia giggled, and wiped a tear off her eyes.

So Ben took her to the Gryffindor tower. As soon as he entered through the portrait hall, and turned around from helping Alycia inside, he suddenly bumped into Harry, who was looking incredibly worried. "Ben!"

"What's wrong? What happened?" he asked, looking around at Ron and Hermione, who were standing, their faces white. "Did something happen with Sirius?"

"Umbridge was there," stuttered Hermione, pointing at the fireplace.

"Umbridge?" repeated Alycia, her eyes wide open. "In the fireplace?"

"We were talking to Sirius," explained Harry. "And, all of a sudden, he left, and Umbridge's hand appeared there."

"Did she hear what you were talking about?"

"I don't think so," said Ron. "But I bet she knows we're up to something."

There was a bit of a tense silence. "What did Sirius tell you?"

"He said we're doing the right thing."

"The right thing?" frowned Alycia. "What?"

"Oh," gasped Hermione. "Of course, she doesn't know-"

"I don't want her to," interrupted Ben. Alycia gaped at him.

"What? Why not?"

"I don't want you to get into trouble with Umbridge."

"Why would I? Are you rebelling against her?" she asked, her eyes sparkling. "If so, I want to join you!"

"No," he shook his head. "We're not rebelling, we're just- Um."

"Maybe you should tell her," said Ron carefully. "I think it'd be useful for her to come as well."

"We're just practicing some spells," Ben told her, after taking a very long breath to gain some time. "Harry's teaching us."

Alcyia smiled as brightly as ever. "I want to learn, too!"

"We'll talk about this some other day," he concluded.

"What happened with McGonagall?" asked Hermione, then. "Why did she need you?"

"Ebony is dead, and I think our parents did something to her."

Hermione covered her mouth with her hands. "That's- That's terrible..."

"I brought her here because I didn't want to leave her alone after this," he said, looking at Ron and Harry. "Do you mind?"

"No, of course not."

A/N: unrelated but thank you so so much to the people who usually spam comments on my fics omg, i love when i get lots of them, it feels like people actually care, and it's simply amazinggg!! anyways love youu<3

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

1.1K 64 5
he was doing lines, and crossing all of mine. theodore nott x fem!oc oot...
5K 191 16
i was a kid but i wasn't clueless, someone who loves you, wouldn't do this. โฆ— sorcerers stone โ‡พ deathly hallows ron weasley x female! oc ...
887 51 45
Hermione granger X male oc Ron Weasley X male Oc Y'all better vote Cover:bishoplover
82.8K 6.7K 90
๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐–๐€๐‘| โ๏ธŽWhat a mess we made; trying to prove we don't need each other.โž๏ธŽ โ”๏ธŽโ”๏ธŽ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ž ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ž ๐‡๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐†๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ...