To Love A Villain

Por Chick_ennugget

"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to... Más

The day I died
Once again
Drive him out
I have to get rid of him
Alternate route
His plan
Change of plans
Awful discovery
Stupid little thing
Discipline
The Jewelry Plan
Sweet sixteen
Help me out
Who am I?
The pathetic monster that I became
My sweet obsession
Pitiful romance
My desires
The Helper
Her brother's secret
The engagement
The haters
Just me
Propaganda
The informant
One peaceful day
Ruin her
Happy Seventeen
Everything is the same
Life in prison
How to let go?
Final preparation
Wishes
Make love
The End of this pathetic life
snippets
More snippets
Amber's cafe
A cute little guest
Something is weird about the kid
Reunion
Why would the master of the magic tower be here?
My peace is here
At Death's Door
Death
Power
Something impossible
My happy place
Holy Power
Exposed
The king's summon
The king's request
Ahin's rose of affection
The exes
You have to stay
Party
An old friend and an 'accident'
Take care of the mess
My Dear Lovely Lady
The kids and the things they do
Training
Success
Under attack
A Genuine Gift
Matching scars
Odd relationship
Cute
The Elf's Plea
Mana core
The Forest Of Elves
Why want the core?
Mana core
The Night Of The Full Moon Game
Dance for me
The Next Task
This Beautiful Person
The Bane Of His Existence
Display of power
Bitter Truth
The Time That Made Him What He Is: The Beginning
The Time That Made Him What He Is : The Isolation
Tree infused palace
The Time That Made Him What He Is : A Half Bastard
The Time That Made Him What He Is : Betrayal
The Time That Made Him What He Is :Abandonment
The Time That Made Him What He Is :No Hope, No Power
The Time That Made Him What He Is:Powerless
No one else but you
Volume 3
Dynamics
Gender Bender

Happy Birthday, My Lady

6.9K 230 25
Por Chick_ennugget

>>Hael

There it is again.

I watched Lady Corvina get up from her chair and walk over to the other lady, completely ignoring the fact that I disobeyed her orders, came out in the open and was even giving attention to the other ladies.

"Oh wow," The ladies touched my arms

"You have such a nice body too,"

"Corvina is lucky she got her hands on you."

"You must work out,"

I looked at the girls, "You compliment me too much," I entertained them

"Why don't you come to me? I'll treat you better."

"Shut it!" Another lady intervened, "Why should he go to you?" She looked at me, "House Lilac is known for treating their slaves the best. You should come to me- No, wait, I'll ask Corvina to hand you over to me."

Ah,

They're so annoying. And House Lilac is known for what? Everyone knows how the staff there is always eager to run away.

I looked at my master again as the ladies quarreled amongst themselves. She should have lost it. She should be screaming at me at the top of her lungs and she should be yelling something like, "The party is over, leave!"

But she didn't do anything like that.

On the contrary, she refused to even pay me much attention. She hasn't even looked at me. When I called out to her and she turned to look at me, there was a clear look of surprise on her face.

I knew there was no way she would call me out in front of her peers, but why? Why is she acting so weird?

I glanced at the necklace around her neck. She's wearing it everyday but she hasn't used it since the first time she made me faint with it.

It can't be,

My mind was not ready to accept

It's impossible

There is no way Corvina would ever feel guilty about it.

***

>>Corvina

"I must have misheard you Lady Corvina," She put on her professional smile, "You-"

I placed my hands on the side rest, "You didn't hear it wrong Lady Serena," I leaned towards her with a haughty smile, "I said I don't like us either."

She was taken aback by my words, "What are you," She frowned a little, "Trying to say?" She grew suspicious of me immediately.

"Like I said, I know you don't like us, so that means you don't like me either."

"Wait," She put her hand up, "Lady Corvina, I never said such a thing, nor have I ever behaved in such a way." It looked like my words pissed her off, she was getting a little angry.

Maybe I came off too strong. But I don't have much time, this was the only way.

I let out a soft sigh, "I don't have much time to talk." I glanced at the group who was surrounding Hael and Serena immediately caught on. She glanced back at the group, then look back at me

"What are you trying to imply?"

"I want to leave," I told her, causing her eyes to go wide once again.

"Pardon?" She looked at me with a 'weirded out' look, "Leave?"

"But I don't want anyone to find out. Or I won't be able to do it."

She frowned, "I don't understand, what are you trying to say? What do you mean 'leave'? What do you want to leave?"

I glanced at the group again, "I hate it here," I said and then stood up as I noticed the group disperasing and backing away. They were going to turn around and notice this, "I want your help Lady Serena," I looked down at her, "Please listen to my request."

"What?"

"Hey!" One of the other ladies noticed, "Lady Corvina, can I borrow Hael from you?"

I smiled at them, "You want to borrow him?" I glanced at Serena as I brought my fan up to my mouth to cover it and then I whispered the words, "Please spare some time for me in the future." Then I walked ahead and removed the fan from my face, "That's not possible, Hael has a lot to do in the house so for him to take a leave is impossible."

"Aw~"

I could see the jealousy in their eyes.

"Not even if we pay double?"

I paused, "He's expensive," I replied and noticed the expression on Hael's face. He was staring at me with a suspicious gaze.

"No worries, I can pay you in gems, you like them, don't you?"

I thought about it, "Hmm~" What would happen if I gave him away? Wouldn't he just run away and come back here? He didn't take the chance at freedom, I doubt he'll sit quietly at another house. This might cause trouble for me in the end.

And to top it off, Father already refused to give Hael away.

"Hael," I called out to him but he already had his eyes on me, "You may leave," And the intensity he held in those eyes was obvious.

He clearly didn't like whatever happened here in the garden. Whether it was my behavior, or the attitude of the other ladies. But then again, I wasn't the one who called him here. It was his own choice.

"Yes, My Lady," Hael gave me a slight bow, and then turned to leave which caused the other ladies to whine but they knew they couldn't protest for a mere slave, so they all took their seats and we continued our gossip session. And obviously, the session's topic was Hael.

It was done on purpose, to ignite my jealousy. All of them knew how I would react to them talking about coveting him and they might be looking for a reason to keep him. I didn't give them what they wanted, and played along.

I can't afford anymore trouble with Hael.

Amidst it, I only once glanced at Serena and it was when she already had a ferocious gaze with which she was looking at me.

***

The day passed and I came into my room to rest. It felt like an exhausting day, there were many questions I had to dodge today that the ladies kept throwing at me.

I sat on my bed in my nightgown and stared out the window. The moon looked exceptionally beautiful but at the same time, quite lonely. It was sad that on my birthday, no member of my family showed their face to simply congratulate me.

On a normal occasion, being the daughter of a count would mean an arrangement of a grand ball. But my father probably doesn't even remember it's my birthday today. He went away on a business trip and I justified myself by telling the other ladies 'I' didn't want anything grand this time since my 'family' wasn't here to celebrate it for me.

It's funny how I always kept the facade in front of everyone, pretending my brother and father loved me. I had no choice but to do it today as well.

I leaned on the bed frame

It made me feel pathetic... But, it also made me think of my real family. The one I had in modern times. Since I was a baby, we celebrated birthdays every year. No matter how busy my parents were, they would make time for me.

None of their gifts were grand but they were so full of love.

Tears stung at the corner of my eyes as I recalled that life. I let out a soft laugh as I remembered how happy I was to receive those long socks when I was ten. That gift is nothing compared to the lavish and expensive gifts I got from the other ladies today but for what it's worth, nothing can be compared to those socks and all the other gifts I got in that world.

Because they were full of love.

An empty feeling surged in my chest. I felt awfully lonely sitting on my bed in the dimly lit room which was illuminated by a single magic lamp.

Whenever I felt a little lonely there, I would get up and raid my little brother's room and we would sit in random places and talk about random stuff.

Hehe,

One of my favorite places to sit was on top of the gas heater.

Ah~

I clenched my suffocating chest.

Such lovely times.

...

I want to go back.

I gulped and a tear rolled down my cheek when someone knocked on the door.

!!!

I immediately wiped my cheeks and shot my head at the door.

"My Lady," I recognized the voice, "Can I come in?" It was Hael. He usually doesn't ask, but maybe he asked this time since it is quite late.

"Ah, yes, sure," I sniffled and cleared my throat. The door opened and he entered the room. I pretended I was fine as he came in and crouched down near my legs that were dangling down the bed.

"What is it?" I asked

"Nothing much," I didn't notice it before, but he had something in his hand that he presented to me, "Just wanted to give you this." It was a book with a ribbon on top it, "Happy Birthday, My Lady,"

"Oh," I took the thick book from him,

Right, I told him to get me a novel for my birthday. Looking at the book made me subtly smile. I don't think Hael put any thought into this but it the only gift I've gotten that I might enjoy, "Thank you," I said softly and out of a very old habit that I had developed, I ended up putting my hand on his head and ruffling his hair gently, just like how I used to do with my little brother in the modern world, "It's nice,"

!!!

"Ah!" It didn't take me long to realize what I did and I immediately retracted my hand and looked at Hael. He was clearly surprised by my action, I could see it in his expressions, "I didn't mean to do that,"

"My Lady," He grabbed my receding hand and raised his head to look directly into my eyes

"Yes?" I got a little nervous

"Were you really thinking of giving me away today?" His expression was serious and maybe a little bit hurt as well but I couldn't be sure. For all I know, he could be acting.

"What?" I was confused for a moment but then I remembered how I thought about the offer the other ladies gave me of buying Hael at double the price and I took my time to think about, "Oh, that," I nodded, "I was just thinking about it, I'm not actually going to give you away."

Not after knowing you'll only cause trouble for me.

"So you did think about it," Hael's grip on my wrist increased,

"Ow!" I dropped the book on the bed, "Hael, let go,"

"No," His words were grim as he stood up from the floor. "You're not her," It made me pause for a moment

"What?" It scared me a little with how he was looking at me, he seemed angry.

He leaned in towards me, causing me to fall back on the bed.

"You're not the Lady Corvina I know," My heart dropped at his words and my eyes went wide in fear, "You're different."

I tried to say something, "H-hael," He slammed his free hand by my head side, making my heartbeat rise and making my mouth zip

"Who are you?"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

247K 8.2K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...
728 79 30
There was a princess Living carefree She wanted the world she wanted everything Diamonds and pearls Emeralds and gold She bathed in the riches only s...
619 255 21
Allison Monroe, a passionate college student of a Pre-Law course in University of the Philippines Diliman, come to believe that destiny no longer exi...