What Universe is This Again?

By Allioune24

"I can feel it!" exclaimed Lophe, the pope of Obelia's current religion. "The new Empress and the Saint of Ob... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII

XXXIV

1K 93 3
By Allioune24

Alver was not lying when he said that Ayhan had a more human side than he did in their world. He allowed him to cry until he was tired and fell asleep. He took him in his arms and carried him back to his and the princess' room.

If it were the Cale he knew, he wouldn't cry like this or let him hold him.

But noticing Cale's human attitude and lust for comfort made him smile. Shitily.

The princess focused on him and Ayhan.

"He is fine; he is just tired," he said, smiling. The Royal Family has its own set of issues. Yhan did everything he could to protect his sister. However, a child's body is not strong enough to confront the world.

He laid him down and looked at the princess, who was holding her brother's hand.

"Princess."

"Yes?"

"I know you are sad. You cry and scream all you want. Do not just cry and wallow in your sadness." Alver, who had to swallow his heart back then, spoke, "There is nothing wonderful in swallowing your heart with a stone. You, the people around you, the people you love and hold dear—they will depend on you."

The logic that Alver could not teach himself in their world is: "Don't think it is your fault. None of it was your fault. Everything happens for a reason, and I know your life, his life, are here in this world for a reason."

Cale used to motivate him, but now he will do everything he can to help him succeed.

"Remember, no matter what anyone says or what you thought you would be."

The words that gave him the most encouragement when he was hesitant.

"You are fated to be here."

The princess's eyes widened. He thought this was enough. He expected her to be thinking about what to do, but she had the same expression as my dongsaeng.

The look of someone who refuses to give up.

The gaze of someone driven by a desire to become stronger for his people.

Now I understand why he was born into this world as her brother.

Two broken people wished for something they didn't have.

Family. Something close but foreign to them.

"You should talk about how you are going to address this problem."

"Will it be fixed?"

Alver, who didn't have a chance to fix his own family, said, "Yes. I'm sure you'll be able to do it."

Unlike in his previous life, where they were at odds, Cale—no—Ayhan is not someone to be feared. Neither of the twins looked like they wanted it.

So they'll be just fine.

.

.

When Yhan woke up, Athanasia was beside him. He reached his hand out and flicked her forehead.

"You look ugly."

"Wow, as if you don't look ugly as well," she retorts, laughing as she stares at him. Their hands were intertwined, as they had been since they were children. An older sister and a younger brother are content to be alone without regard for the outside world.

They stood up and got ready for the day. Alver was kind enough to get some clothes for both of them and even made them feel at home. The twins discussed the most important aspect while Alver listened. It is not something that can be kept by itself. They realized they could not keep it to themselves and wait for the worst-case scenario.

"Would it make a difference if Dad had not lost his memory?"

"He has lost his memory."

Athanasia began telling him about the events that occurred after he left. Ayhan listened intently, clutching Athanasia's hand tightly. Yhan spoke quietly when she was finished.

"It could be dark magic," he explained.

"However, it is forbidden."

"It is. Black magic always has a price to pay." Be it their loved one, a memory, or simply yourself.

Yhan let out a sigh of relief. It is not because Claude did not love them, but rather because his mindset had reverted to ten years prior.

"However..."

"However what?" Athanasia asked.

"Lucas told me that the seal he placed on you should last until he's back. Your mana should've been under control under all circumstances." Yhan explained, "So how did a powerful spell from a powerful mage break like that?"

Yhan looked at Alver, who seemed to be thinking deeply.

"Princess have you ever felt something was wrong around you?" Alver asked.

"Nope. Everything was normal."

"If it is not around her, it could be something on her," Yhan explained.

Athy looked at her brother and asked, "You mean I could have something that caused my mana to explode?"

"Yes, what kind of gifts did you get from them?"

"I do not know. A lot has been coming to my palace since the debutante, especially betrothal letters and gifts," Athy replied.

"Then... it must be something on her." Alver responded, "If a device to change one's appearance should be by the user's person, the thing that negated the warlock's spell must have been something you wore that day, princess."

"Can you remember everything you wore that day?" Yhan inquired.

Athy kept silent for a while. She looked at Yhan and told him, "I wore the sapphire ribbon Jennette gave me."

Yhan and Alver exchanged looks. Bingo. They both looked at each other.

"I guess. Someone is trying to hurt the entire Imperial Family."

"It was well executed as well," Yhan said, looking at Athy. "Well, le's just test things out for the time being."

It was before they met, and he had used black magic to erase his memories.

His life was characterized by sadness and agony. Yet, someone is trying to trigger that past by using them to force Claude to use Black Magic.

"It will be fine," he said, "but we need to wait for Lucas."

"Lucas?"

"We can rely on him if something goes wrong," Yhan stated. Raon's magic has been reduced by half since they arrived here. It is not because of the current situation, but it is the cost of following in his footsteps. But Yhan had a great idea, but he needed Lucas to make it happen.

Yhan gave a wicked smile. He doesn't like it if his territory is infiltrated by enemy or he's being pushed off from it.

"Well, sister. We can just take it back."

"Take back what?"

"Our daddy," he said, rising from the bed.

"We can?"

"We just need to smack his head and beat him up for good." Ayhan, smugly said, "We're both scums so a dogfight doesn't sound so bad either."

Athanasia fell silent but said, "Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yes, let's beat him up for good!"

.

.

The rest of the Zircon Palace came to Alver's county almost a month after sorting out the issues in the Imperial Palace.

Ron, Vicross, Eruhaben, Choi Han, and Raon all came together.

Alver took the opportunity for them to eat a leaf from the world tree.

As soon as they eat it, after staring at it in pure confusion, they regain their past life memories the way Alver did.

Ron was especially enraged by the current situation. He wanted to storm out and kill the emperor but they were able to stop him from doing something stupid.

Of course, whenever it comes to Cale—no—Ayhan, every one of them loses their temper. That's why Alver decided to keep Ayhan's cry from them. When it comes to Ayhan, they are always ready to defy the world and bring it back to him.

The prince was calmly sitting with the princess as if nothing were wrong.

"My Lord." Ron smiled the moment he saw him. Vicross also nodded and was thankful for it.

The loyal servant went on his knees and opened his arms as if asking his little lord for a hug. Ayhan stared at him and consequently, he walked into Ron's arm and embraced him tightly. Ron offered his other arm to the princess, who also went into his arms and hugged him.

Ron, who had been with him for two lifetimes, understood why. Cale, who had been abandoned with indifference and Ayhan betrayed with promises, could only find solace in him—the only father figure he had throughout.

And for the Lady with whom his Lord has blood and family ties, he is willing to become family with her—who was abused and abandoned by her father.

Ron sighed and patted their backs.

"It's going to be... alright." the old man knew exactly what he needed to do. "You're going to make it alright."

Unbridled trust, a clear conscience, and unending loyalty.

"You always make things right."

Yhan nodded.

Ron let go of them and cupped their cheeks. He simply patted their heads and asked, "Give the order my Lord."

.

.

The twins arrived at the Garnett palace using Athanasia's magic. Despite being chased away by Claude that day, she managed to keep it under control, or perhaps her innate talent as a Magician just awoke after that traumatic experience.

They both glanced around Claude's room. He is still sleeping on the couch, but his eyes are sunken and dark.

They could see everything they had made or given him in public, just as if Claude had been looking at it.

"Either he thinks Felix has gone insane, or he is," Yhan stated.

Athy laughed and said, "He will be thinking about that. Just like him. You did not lie that both of you are scum."

"I am proud of that," Yhan said as he sat on the table, watching Claude sleep soundly. Athy was crouching down and watching him as well.

After all the fear and terror they experienced that night, they pity this man. Looking at how thin he is right now, you would think he is refusing to eat because he is grieving the loss of his children.

Claude did not want to forget about them. That's for sure. It was a retreat of the force that sought to corner him.

"At times like this..." Athanasia mumbles.

"He appeared to be a normal human being," Yhan concluded.

Athy looked at him and said. "When we were kids, did you think he hated us?"

Yhan replied, "I am not sure..."

He knew from the memories he received from the World Tree that Claude was once a kindhearted man who only desired to be loved. He had no desire for the throne or anything, but things were not going his way.

"I just knew for sure..." Based on the memories he got from the World Tree, "He is just another broken person who could give his all out for love."

Athy looked at Claude and understood what Yhan had said.

However, Claude owed them an apology. If he loves them so much, he should have been honest from the beginning. He should not have treated them that way at all.

If Claude had treasured them from the beginning, we could have been the happiest family in the world.

"You're such an idiot." Athy pokes Claude's nose. He's still as handsome as ever, despite looking so thin and sickly.

.

.

Claude awoke after feeling someone poke his face. Blue and red jewelled eyes stared down at him from above.

"How tedious," he said, looking at them. However, his gaze was not icy or sharp enough to kill. It was filled with warmth, despite his harsh words, "You both show up in my dreams every single day; are not you tired of it by now?"

"No. We won't," Yhan responded. "It is fun to mess with you, even in your dreams."

Athy remained silent while Yhan argued with him.

"At least one is silent. You are still a blabbermouth and as smart as ever," Claude said, continuing to stare at them. "Rather than repeating those words over and over, it is better this way."

"Would not it make you happy if we disappeared?"

Claude's eyes widened when he heard those words.

"You... You're real."

"We are," Athy softly said. Her fingers combed through Claude's hair. She is not scared at all. She is not alone in this. There is no reason for her to flee as she did previously. "Why are you going to such lengths to find us?"

Athanasia asked solemnly. Yhan also looked at him. "Are you going to kill us when you find us? Does just looking at us make you want to kill us?"

"That is correct." Claude adjusted his position.

"no, you don't."

Claude was dumbfounded when he heard his son say that.

"If you truly want us dead..." Yhan stood up and looked at him straight in the eyes, "Why do you look as if you're going to cry?"

His heart stammered as if he'd heard the most bizarre thing.

"Why?"

"Why what?" Claude retracted his gaze, but the next words forced him to look at them.

"Why do you look so miserable right now?"

As if his whole existence—saved by their blinding gazes—-filled with love.

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 146 14
Leticia Candmione Henituse never expected in her life that she would go back in time when her parents didn't knew each other, she didn't get along wi...
14.7K 1.5K 31
"Watched out!" The crips but hoarse deep voice echoed in his ears. His world spun as he felt strong arms wrap around him. The feeling of someone's wa...
28.5K 1K 20
(WARNING! I have the most random update schedule so and I haven't updated this in ages 🦡) Amar de Alger Obelia was a treasured Crown Prince, loved b...
87.7K 1.7K 7
I let out a soft pant, falling back looking up at the male letting out a growl to me seeming tough, but it seemed more like a puppy trying to play to...