Accordance

By anointedlily17

All it took was one fateful encounter with her to change his life. More

introduction.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

10

122 15 33
By anointedlily17

 The sunlight shined brightly on her face and she squinted, turning her face into the small pillow. She heard the chirp of the birds singing sweetly outside and smiled to herself. Their song was musically consuming. She wondered what it was they sung about this early in the morning. Sighing, she opened her eyes. They ran over her form, the blanket and her wrist lazily outstretched on the futon. She looked down at her body and decided that she liked the way yukata looked on her. It felt comfortable and even in the heat, she didn't feel too hot. Yet. Summer was just starting, spring but a minute away.

She slowly got up and looked around. All of the other women were gone, their futons, blankets and pillows neatly folded. Hana was gone too. She got up and yawned. She tried to fold her things up like they had and laid it all near her corner so that the tatami was clear. She got her toiletry bag and opened the shoji to peek out into the hallway. It was quiet. She wondered if everyone was still sleep. It was still early. She stepped out into the hall and wondered down a bit. Where was the bathroom? Passing a room, she found Hana kissing her daughter.

"H-Hana..." She turned to look at her and soon came to her.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." She spot her daughter in a small tub of water, her little hands splashing the water and soapy bubbles.

"You can come. Brush.Wash." She smiled at her and came into the bathroom.

"Hello little Hisae." She greeted the baby girl as she started to get ready. Hisae giggled and cooed. She felt her heart melt.

"She like you Ebere-chan. Hisae does not smile." She blushed.

"She just met me."

"She knows good spirit. You have." She smiled and once she was done washing her face and everything, she turned.

"You bathe now. Big tub there. Hot water you pour. When done, I get yukata for daytime." She slowly filled the tub with hot water and got some cool water to cool it down some before she stepped in. She sighed as the tension left her muscles. Leaning her head back against the wooden perimeter, she smiled. She thought she knew what peace was until she got here. It was so quiet. Simplicity in its purest form. She wanted a life like this. She gently scrubbed her body and when she felt clean, she lifted the bucket to wash the soap off. Grabbing a towel, she stepped out and dried herself. Coming into the room, she found Hana lifting a yukata from off of a rack outside.

"Hana, why is it outside?" She smiled and closed the large door before enclosing them in privacy.

"Yukata has to air."

"Why?" She shook her head.

"Just has to." She took in the colors and fell in love. She loved how bright and cheery it was. A pale canary yellow with flower patterns a light purple and pink intricately woven into the fabric blew her away.

"It's so pretty." She marveled, reaching out to touch the sleeve.

"It look pretty for you." She made sure she was dry.

"This juban." Hana spoke softly as she slid the thin under layer on first.

"This is very thin."

"Yes. Good for marriage." Hana winked at her and she flushed. She had no doubt about that. It clung to every curve she had and outlined everything. Hana then slid the slightly thicker yukata on and grabbed the obi and secured it shut. She made a pretty bow pattern with the remaining fabric and fluffed it out a bit. She caught herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe that that was her. She looked so beautiful, the obi in the back making it look like a butterfly had come from her.

"What we do for hair?" She touched her hair.

"Um... can't we leave it?" Hana looked for a while.

"Hanami we straight it?" She smiled, wondering how long that would take.

"Sure." Hana looked pleased.

"Now we tie with ribbon. Very pretty hair." She stood still as Hana ran her fingers through it gently, detangling it before pulling it back from her face. She tied a ribbon around the strands and left one or two curls to frame her face.

"You look like princess." She blushed.

"Hana..."

"Ebere-hime I call you this today." She smiled sweetly and left her to attend to Hisae.

"The others left for water cliff."

"Are you coming?" She shook her head.

"Have to watch Hisae."

"But you have to have fun too Hana!" She blushed.

"We have fun. Together soon. Promise!" She nodded and hugged her.

"See you when I get back?"

"Yes." She waved at her. She got down the hall when she heard talking. She gently knocked on the edge of the door.

"Yes?" She opened it to find Hiroto's father talking with a man. She bowed lowly.

"Good morning Iwase-san."

"Good morning my dear."

"Ah, do you know where Hiroto is?" He smiled.

"Yes. He was looking for you a little while ago. He thought you were still asleep. He should be in the garden."

"Where is that?"

"Straight and to your right."

"Thank you." She bowed again before closing the door. She went in search of Hiroto. Turning the corner, she faltered. Gripping the wall, she peeked at him. He was ridiculously attractive. It didn't make sense. He wore a off white yukata today and it looked as if painted on him. She closed her eyes and turned to press her head back against the wood. Rae, get your whole life. Don't slip. She tok a breath before glancing at him again.

"Hey stranger..." She spoke softly, smiling as he turned. His mouth dropped open.

"Rae... oh my God..." She felt her face blaze but kept her eyes playful.

"Oh please. It ain't nothing."

"How wrong you are." His voice had grown lower and she gripped the side of her yukata.

"Well, I heard you were looking for me." He lifted his eyes to hers.

"I was. I figured you were asleep."

"I was. But I'm glad I caught you." He grinned.

"Are you?"

"Listen you, don't start. It's early in the morning." He chuckled.

"I told myself I was going to be good today but seeing you in that yukata has me rethinking this whole thing." He teased, getting one last look from head to toe. She took a shaky breath.

"You are a mess Roto-kun." He laughed.

"Are we going to the water thing today?" He nodded.

"We were actually going to head out."

"Was I making y'all wait?" He shook his head.

"Not at all. I'll meet you at the side of the house. By the lanterns?" She nodded. He walked away from her and she let go of the breath she had been holding. That guy was playing games. She did not appreciate it. She wasn't going to say she didn't like it though. His easy going words made her body sweat suddenly. She huffed out a breath and nodded. Grip taken. She headed towards the room where they ate last night. Maybe she'd grab a little something for him. She knocked and saw a woman kneeling on the floor with little bags.

"Oh... um... Excuse me?" She looked up.

"Can... I have two?" She looked confused.

"Two? Bag." She pointed at the bags.

Ah. We made these for you to take to lunch on your outing. You may have as much as you like." What did she say? She bowed her head and smiled. She was coming towards her with the bags.

"Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." She grabbed three bags and slid two of them into the little side pocket in her sleeve. She liked that too about yukata. You ain't have to have all your stuff out on display. It was subtle and coy. Just like a woman. She smiled to herself and stepped off of the engawa and followed the lanterns until she saw a small group gathering. She met Hiroto's eyes who was standing in the center. He reached for her and pulled her closer to the group.

"Ready to go?" She nodded.

"You bet."

*****

The steamy warm air blew across his face and he felt small beads of sweat on his forehead. It was always more humid here in Nara but he found that it brought the true essence of summer. He could feel the sun beat down on them and was glad that they would be cooling down in the water. It was a favorite type of day for him. He got to swim and enjoy quiet time. Glancing over at Rae who clutched the thin cords of her kinchaku loosely between her fingers. Even better with her. He could see that the heat was making some of the hair by the nape of her neck even more curly and slick. She didn't know how good she looked in that moment. The colors of her yukata complimented her skin tone and flattered her body. Hana chose well. He looked away and smiled to himself.

"Finally. Dear God. It always seems so long a walk." He heard one of the girls say in complaint.

"We're not all the way there." Tomoya replied, reaching for his uchiwa. He fanned himself, breathing a sigh of relief.

"So hot."

"Think of how cool the water will be." He added, looking back at them.

"Yeah. I can't wait for that. That's the best part." Tomo grinned. Some of the girls groaned and he turned back to find Rae growing flushed.

"You okay?" She looked up at him.

"Fine. Just hot." He reached into his obi and pulled out his uchiwa.

"Here." She gently took it from him and smiled in thanks. A few more feet down the long dirt road and soon they saw big lush trees.

"Finally." He grinned, feeling the childlike excitement rush over him. He started to run and soon he heard the rest of the group laugh and run after him. He disappeared through the trees and it seemed like a secret world existed beyond the trees. He could smell the fresh water, the sound of the waterfall rushing over the rocks. Blues, greens and the cool air made him dizzy and he took it all in. Such an overload of visuality. He turned suddenly to see Rae running too and he smiled widely. If she didn't know fun, by the end of today she would. He outstretched his hand and she softly took it.

"Let's go." He led her up the sides of the grassy hill and soon they all came to stand at the top of one rock in particular. A sturdy thick robe hung from the top of a tightly connected branch. He remembered when his father and grandfather had woven the robe around the ancient tree. Such memories here.

"What you wait for? Come on Hiroto!" He grinned and pulled his yukata off at the waist, letting it hang down his hips. He eyed Tomoya and soon they ran and jumped off of the edge of the rock. He closed his eyes and felt as though he was flying. When the cold water hit his body, he felt alive. He sighed loudly and Tomo came behind him splashing him.

"Doesn't it feel like we are kids again?" He laughed.

"Yeah. Feels good."

"Race you back up. Whoever loses has to jump from the rope." He chucked and kicked his body away from him, swimming smoothly to the bank. He climbed up and hurried as fast as he could to reach the top of the rock again, wet feet slapping on the surface. Turning, he found Tomo coming up, breath heavy.

"You always beat me. Damn it." He smirked.

"You should stop challenging me. You know you are going to lose Tomo." He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Go on. Jump. Don't be a weakling." He taunted playfully, crossing his arms. Tomo groaned and sighed before running towards the rope. Letting out a loud yell, he laughed on his way into the water. He laughed and sighed. Running his fingers through his hair, he faced Rae.

"Aren't you going to come in?" She grew quiet for a while.

"Y-yeah. Sure." He eyed her.

"You're not scared are you?"

"I don't like heights..." He came towards her and playfully pouted.

"Do it for me. Please Rae." She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Fine you big baby." He grinned.

"I'll meet you soon. I gotta go beat Tomo again." He ran off and pulled Tomo off of the rock into the water.

*****

She watched him disappear off of the cliff and found her breath. She was not expecting him to be half naked, dripping wet all in front of her. That was something a sista wasn't prepared for. Dear God... if only he saw himself how she did when he came up them rocks. Water just moved across him in rivulets until the drops hit the ground. His skin was rosy and glossy, every muscle of his tight with excitement. His yukata stuck to him like a second skin and it outlined places she didn't even dare explore. Jesus Christ help me this day.

She didn't mean to stare at him so bad but damn it he was like marble. Had to be sculpted by Michaelangelo or some shit. This dude took her breath clean away. His hair slicked out of his face made her frustrated even more. The sunlight flashed that color across his brown eyes she loved so much and with his hair out of the way, she got to really admire how handsome he really was. She was pulled out of her thoughts by Emi coming up to her. She grew indifferent almost immediately.

"What?"

"We swim in our juban." Her throat grew tight. Um... not the thin ass undergarment that Hana said was for husbands...

"Y'all tryna catch a man or something Emi?" She rolled her eyes.

"If you had any respect for our culture you wouldn't ask such rude questions."

"Okay Ms. History Lesson. Enlighten me on why you swim in your juban." She crossed her arms.

"We don't want to get our yukata wet. So we swim in our juban. At least the girls and I do." She lifted her eyebrow.

"So this is excluding traditional women? This is just you and what you want right?" She laughed.

"You are something else Ebere. I'm trying to help you here. You seem like you want to be Japanese so badly. Try to act like it more." She walked away from her. Her fingers twitched. Ooh, she wanted to grab her by that hair and yank her till she fell in that water. She just ain't know. In case she ain't know, she acted like she ain't have no home training. She was a hot lil thing. And she, Rae Marshall, ain't play that. She sighed as Hiroto and Tomoya came back up the side.

"You ladies not get in?" Tomoya asked, hands on his hips. She eyed him over. He was handsome. Good looking and she could tell he also worked on his body just like Hiroto. But the only one who made her sweat and pray was the one approaching her.

"Rae, you're drooling." Emi called loudly before untying her obi. She eyed Hiroto and smirked, slowly sliding her yukata down her shoulders. She watched and pursed her lips. Who she think she tryna seduce? By the uninterested look on Hiroto's face, he was not jumping.

"You look hot. Come cool off." Her eyes slid up his glimmering chest and she looked away, not able to meet his face.

"They talking about I gotta take off my yukata." He chuckled.

"Rae, that's what they do to try to-"

"Catch a man. Like I told her." He snort.

"You can wear your juban. It's thin but it isn't quite as thin as you think. It's cotton as well." She sucked her teeth.

"You just wanna see me half naked Hiroto." She watched as his cheeks grew pink and a grin came to his face.

"You said that. Not me." She hit him on the arm.

"You ain't deny it neither." His grin grew deeper.

"It's rude to lie." His voice had taken a husky quality and it made her knees weak. Lord Jesus... what was happening?!

"Besides, you don't want to get that beautiful yukata wet right? It's better in your juban so that you have layers of dry clothes to put back on." Oh. Well...she ain't think about it like that.

"Well, when you put it like that..." He chuckled.

"Sounds like it makes sense right?"

"Oh shut up."

"You're coming with me this time." He turned away.

"When you get done and are ready, I'll be at the edge waiting." She watched him walk away and sighed. Here she went. Reaching behind her, she tugged at the obi until it fell to the ground. Her entire yukata grew slack and she felt a bit more free. She slowly slid off the most outer layer, the beautiful pale canary yellow part. She definitely didn't want to get that wet. She remained only on her juban, a pale pink cord and sash around her waist. She looked over and saw that the other girls looked so scandolous in their juban. They had hiked up their robe and exposed their thighs. She gripped the fabric. Soon she heard them screaming as they all jumped into the water, a big splash crashing against the rocks below. The bags of food still remained in her sleeve pouch and she knew soon they would be hungry. She gingerly walked up and lightly touched his back. He turned and smiled.

"Ready?"

"No." She answered, looking nervous. He chuckled and slid his fingers through hers. Gripping tight, he looked at her with a reassuring expression.

"Rae, I'm not going to let anything hurt you. You're fine. Just breathe." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"On three." She nodded.

"One... two..." She opened her eyes.

"Three!" He ran, pulling her with him. They jumped off of the rock and all she heard was her screaming and his laughter. She took a deep breath as they met the water. He hadn't let go of her hand and they fell deeper into the water. She closed her eyes tight and felt the smooth pull of the waves. Her body felt weightless and instantly cool. She felt his arm pull her against him and they surfaced. She gasped for air.

"Not so bad ne?" He asked, his breath heavy. She opened her eyes and looked at him.

"The water feels... so good." He laughed softly.

"Yes. It does." She let go of his hand and wrapped her arms around his neck and lifted her legs to wrap them around his hips. Slowly, his hands came to press against her lower back.

"Hiroto?" His eyes were deep and she felt like at any moment she would fall into them and drown.

"Yes?"

"Um... do you come here e-every summer?"

"Mmhm." She sighed and pressed her face against his shoulder.

"You're shaking." He spoke quietly.

"I'm hanging on to you like a koala and a branch. Of course... I'm scared..." His arms came around her and held her tightly against him.

"Don't be scared. I have you." She shook her head against him and closed her eyes again, the nervousness in her stomach still making her a bit nauseous. She could not believe how far they had fallen.

"You two!" They turned to look up at Tomoya.

"Get room!" He teased.

"Shut up Tomo!"

"You two might as well do it there. You two look like you are!"

"You're ridiculous. She's trembling like a leaf."

"Ah, so your big idea to comfort her is to have her straddle you and wrap all her limbs all over you? I wish I were as smooth as you." She didn't know what they were saying but she felt his hand come right underneath her butt cheek. She shot up.

"Whoa homie." His face was flushed.

"I'm moving you. That's all." She stayed quiet as he seperated her from him. She had clung to him like a second skin.

"Do you feel better?" She had stopped trembling some.

"Yeah..."

"Wanna do it again?" She cut her eyes at him.

"I don't know..." He chuckled and pulled her to the bank. She let him lift her up out of the water.

"Race you to the top." He grinned. She sucked her teeth.

"Gon ahead. I meet you up there Speedy Gonzales." He took off and she smirked. She had to admit, it was a bit fun. Being with Hiroto made it less nerve wracking. Maybe she would do it again.

*****

He took off, feet trying to merge with the dewy grass. He had so many thoughts going through his mind at the current moment and he didn't want to let any of them deepen. So, he ran. The silk of her smooth skin against his fingers, the sheer fabric now wetly clinging to her curvy body. He was glad that there was yet another layer underneath or else he would have been in trouble. He was not expecting her to straddle him. And when she did and he felt the press of her hardened nipples against his chest, he swore to God. This was a dangerous game he was invoking and he needed to be the one to show some self control. He wasn't sure how when he never had to before. 

When he wanted release, he damn sure got it one way or another and women were not an issue for him. But Rae came along and literally turned his world upside down. For once, he couldn't do what he wanted. He couldn't strip her down and take her against the grass like he wanted to. He had to resist. For the first time in his life, he had to resist desire. He didn't know where his feet were leading him but it was away from the rock. He went deeper into the forest, the soft grass meeting him every step of the way.

She was so damn beautiful. He found himself drunk just off of her presence. Her smell intoxicating to him and he got dizzy just watching her lips every time they formed his name. He was in trouble. Deep fucking trouble. He felt his lower region throb and harden and he pushed forward. He wanted to be selfish. He wanted to ignore morality. He wanted to be wrong and make it feel right.

He wanted to be so many things. He wanted to cradle Rae in his arms. He wanted to be her shield when she got weak. He wanted to be her support. He wanted to be her friend. The person she came to when she needed a laugh and a distraction from her life. Even with these pure things, he wanted bad things. He wanted to be her first. In everything. He didn't want another man to touch her or call her his. He wanted to be the first one to show her what pleasure was and how good it felt. He wanted to be the first to make her shatter into pieces and reach just a little bit of the heaven she deserved. Just him. No one else. He wouldn't accept anything less than that.

He breathed heavily and slowly decelerated. His lower region calmed down a bit and he breathed a sigh of relief. "If you truly want her Hiroto-kun, wait for her." Minako's words hit him like a train. He wanted her so badly. Deep down inside, he knew that he couldn't. And wouldn't. She was worth more to him than a night of release and satisfaction. She didn't know a lot of things. Innocent as Minako put it. And that she was. He couldn't overstep his power. Not with her. Not ever. She was precious. And he vowed that he would never hurt her. And he wouldn't. 

Even if that meant he had to walk away from her time and time again with a raging erection. He had to do this. He had to learn. Running fingers through his hair, he groaned. No one said this shit was going to be easy. But he wanted to prove to her that he could do it. He was sure in the back of her mind, she thought he was this playboy who always got what he wanted, never had to work for a damn thing. And to that, he couldn't deny it. He was. But... he wanted to try. She meant that much to him that he actually wanted to try. Try he would. His damndest.

When he was calm, he walked back. He had gone quite far and hadn't realized it. When he saw back into the clearing, he heard voices. Angry voices. He looked up and saw Emi yelling at her. Clenching his fists, he made his way back up to the top.

"You bitch! Do you enjoy making me angry?" Rae looked just as angry.

"Don't be mad at me because he touched my ass. You are so irritating."

"You did that on purpose. I can see right through you. You faked being scared so that you could do that! How disrespectful!"

"Girl, you really clueless. How does he put up with you?" Emi grew closer.

"You were practically grinding on his dick. How was that not catching a clue?!" She screamed. Rae smirked.

"Well Miss Thing if you felt what I did you'd know he don't want your skank hoe ass. Trust me honey, you're the last thing he's thinking about." Emi growled and grew closer.

"Enough!" He barked, startling the two. He had heard enough.

"Emi, get out of her face."

"Are you serious?!"

"You heard him. Move bitch." Rae snarled, fists tightening.

"Rae, stop it. Now." She looked at him, eyebrow raised.

"You need to be getting your girl Hiroto. Cause I swear I'm bout to punch her ass out. Get her."

"You slut!" Emi jolted for her but didn't get far as he grabbed hold of her waist and yanked her back.

"Let me go! Let me kill her! She deserves to die! I can't take her anymore! Let me go Hiroto!"

"You're making a fool out of yourself right now. I won't tell you again to stop."

"Why do you always defend her? God, you act like she is perfect. I can't stand her."

"Emi, if you think for one minute that I've ever wanted you then you are mistaken. Don't think because I've fucked you that I loved you." The harshness of his tone was not held back and she stopped thrashing. He put her down.

"I don't care what your family has done. I'm putting an end to this right now. Stop harassing her. Stop provoking her because next time I won't stop her from hurting you." She remained quiet as he put her down.

"How does a girl you've known for a couple months come in and change everything you've ever been taught? How do you let some filthy black creature come in and make you forsake everything? Is she worth it? Is she really worth that much to you?"

"This is the end of the discussion. Heed my warning Emi. This is the last time I try this nicely." He let her go and made his way over to Rae who was still fuming.

"Rae,"

"Nah. Pause. I need to know who you thought you were talking to just now. Cause it sure as hell wasn't me." He took a deep breath.

"Rae, you need to calm down."

"What I need to do is punch her one good time. You in my way."

"Don't lower yourself to her standards Ebere." She looked at him.

"You're better than her. Do you understand me? Don't let her take you out of character. Don't act like a fool. Act like the lady you are." She rolled her eyes, not wanting to hear that.

"Easy for you to say. She's been at my neck since day one. I had about enough. All she talks about is sexing you down like you some damn living blow up doll. Is that all you care about?" She asked, glancing at her. Emi clenched her fists.

"He's more than a piece of dick sweetie. But you couldn't tell that even if you wanted to, your shit so loose."

"Whore."

"What'd she call me?" He pulled her against him and held on tightly. She pushed at his chest.

"Let me go. I need to get to her."

"No."

"Hiroto stop trying to save me like I'm some damn broken record. I do not need saving. I know I'm poor as hell but damn. You can miss me with all that rich guy b.s."

"Hiro," He didn't turn around.

"Tomo, take Emi for a walk. Get her away from Rae right now."

"Yeah sure man."

"Ladies, let's go for a walk. Cool down. We came to have fun. Not fight."

"That girl over there kept pushing Emi."

"She's a troublemaker."

"I don't know why Hiroto likes her. She's nothing but bad news." Their voices faded and he finally let her go.

"Sit down." He spoke gently against her neck. She didn't move.

"Rae, please." Slowly, she sat on the rock.

"I didn't like how you talked to me. That wasn't cool." He looked at her.

"You weren't listening." She looked away.

"You didn't even... sound like... the guy I know." He swallowed.

"I apologize Rae. I'm sorry I startled you." She didn't look at him.

"Look at me." She slowly turned her head.

"Let's get one thing straight. I don't think nor have I ever thought that you needed saving. I'm not doing this because I feel you're a charity case. I don't give a good damn about how much money I have Rae. I don't care about you not having what I do."

"Hm."

"Is that what you think? Honestly. You think I invited you here to do what? Show you all my riches and fortune?"

"All that and get me out my panties." He looked at her like she was crazy. She honestly...

"That hurts me. That really fucking hurts." She looked up at him.

"Why'd you agree to come with me if you thought all this?" He asked, hurt in his voice.

"...I... I don't know."

"Look we might as well get this elephant in the room out of here." He leaned forward, looking straight into her eyes.

"I want you Ebere." Her cheeks grew hot.

"Friends are honest with each other right? Well there it is. I want you. I want to do a lot of things with you that you aren't ready for. I get that. And I won't sit here and act as if I don't want to do them." She was as red as the red hibiscus flowing in the wind behind her. Her mouth gaped open and she opened and closed it.

"Hi-Hiroto..."

"Yes?" She looked down.

"I... I wa-want... you too." That admission warmed his heart. He gently took her hand in his.

"I know." She bit her lip.

"It's that obvious?" He chuckled.

"Completely. But I like that." She sighed.

"What do we do now?" She asked, looking back at him.

"Well, we make a decision. How are we going to continue this thing? What is it you want the most?"

"... I just want.. I just want you to be there. I don't want you to leave. And... I want your hugs." He laughed.

"I want to be that and more. But you have to let me in Rae. You can't keep pushing me away. I'm right here." She nodded.

"Okay."

"We can change this day around you know. It doesn't have to end badly." She smiled.

"You're right." She grew quiet.

"I'm sorry you saw me like that Roto-kun. It wasn't cute." He squeezed her hand.

"You're human just like I am right? Besides, she really had it coming." They shared a laugh.

"You're cool." He felt a grin come to his lips.

"Tell me something I don't know." She shoved him with a laugh.

"Get over yourself please."

"Am I forgiven?"

"Yeah... I guess."

"Good." He lifted her up by her hand.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, pulling her hand away.

"Slightly." As she went to her yukata, the others came back.

"Everything solved?" Tomo asked, wearily looking at Rae.

"Everything's good."

"Damn man. I tell you. Women. They're scary sometimes." He chuckled. Yeah, they were. But lucky for him he wasn't afraid to get in the ring and tough it out.

*****

She reached in her sleeve and pulled out the bags. She fingered the silk and sighed. She shouldn't have snapped at Hiroto like that but everything just all exploded and before she knew it she was cursing like a sailor and about to snatch up some edges. Deep down, she regret what she said to him. She knew he was just being nice but sometimes, it just... felt like... She let the thought simmer and wither away. She couldn't become intimidated. Not by his family. Not by his money. Not by his people. If she wanted to be friends with him, she would have to fight for it. Unfortunately. She stood up. His honesty always managed to make her weak but it felt so much better being able to be free with him. He wanted her. She kinda knew it but hearing him say it sent shivers down her spine. Her mouth responded likewise and it felt as if a boulder had been lifted from her chest. She turned and smiled at him. She didn't know what lied ahead of them but she hoped that it grew stronger and stronger.

"Here you go."

"You brought those for me?"

"Mmhm."

"Thank you so much." She nodded and opened a bag. She reached inside and pulled out a pink ball of rice.

"What's this?" He smirked.

"Sakura mochi. It's a sweet treat." She looked at it.

"It's cute and pretty." He grinned.

"Like you."

"Cut it out." He snickered and grabbed her wrist. Pulling her hand closer, he gently bit into the mochi. She felt her heart accelerate.

"Putting moves always." She heard Tomo speak up. But he seemed hugged up on one of the girls himself. Emi watched them, her face growing more and more red. She rolled her eyes and looked away. He didn't let go of her wrist until he had eaten it all. Smiling at her, he licked his lips.

"Very good."

"G-Glad you enjoyed it." She pressed a bag into his hand and he sat down to pull a tiny little box out of the bag. He slowly ate and sighed happily. She smiled and sat down to pull hers out too.

"I have an extra one. Anyone hungry?" She asked, looking at the rest of the group. Tomo peeked his head around said girl.

"Here!" She grinned and tossed it his way.

"Arigatou." She bowed her head before eating some more. It was quiet as the others broke open their lunch and soon it was time for the food to settle.

"It got hot again." Hiroto spoke quietly, reaching for his uchiwa. She nodded.

"Yeah." He laid on his side, away from her and she wanted to run her fingers down his back, tracing every line. Would she? Not in a million years. Sighing, she laid down on her side facing him. She grabbed her yukata and covered herself. A little nap and she'd be fine. Closing her eyes, she let the wind lull her to sleep.

She awakened to laughter. She smiled softly to herself. Yawning, she got up and stretched.

"Rise and shine." Hiroto's voice made her smile more. She turned to find the whole group looking at her.

"Whoa. What's this?"

"Hiroto wait you wake up. Now we jump water." Tomo said with a grin. She slowly got up, her juban still slightly damp.

"Okay, sure." She went to the edge of the rock and looked down. Oh Lord...Maybe she would need Hiroto again.

"Have a nice trip down." She heard before hands shoved her off of the rock. She remembers screaming and one thing. The sheer terror in Hiroto's voice.

"RAE!" She'd never forget that. The water drew her in and she couldn't help but sink deeper in its depths. Soon, all was black. 

A/N: Emi is gonna get rocked. Just KNOW THAT. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 69 36
She needed to be saved, he wanted someone to rescue.
13.2K 465 13
Everything changes for Camille when she gets accepted to study abroad in South Korea for Photography at a very prestigious Libral Arts School. And of...
2.9K 134 27
High School Problems led to life threatening situations..
18.3K 785 16
"๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’”๐’˜๐’Š๐’Ž ๐’Š๐’ ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’Ž๐’š ๐’”๐’†๐’‚๐’” ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’Ž ๐’˜๐’‚๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’” ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’๐’๐’† ๐’†...