Short Stories From Out There

By JamesCrayloft

Embark on an amazing journey through science fiction, fantasy, and horror, with intriguing points in between. More

All That's Right With The World
The Guns of Saint Adamis
Home: A Ghost Story
The Election
Blue
To Die With Light In Their Eyes
The Green Leaves of Love
Opportunity
The Keepers of the Colors
A Lesson in the Stars
Another Way of Things
The Concubine's Choice
When The Wasn't Wasn't The Wasn't
An Opening
Chosen
Buttermilk
Gift in a Basket
For The World, A Cage
The Grass Got Too High
Copy Thoughts
Relative
Get Some Rest, Said The Doctor
The Curtains Thrown Wide
If You Could

The New World, Preserved

9 1 0
By JamesCrayloft

I tell you this, chronicler, so you'll understand. I didn't do it for revenge. I didn't do it for anyone. I did it for us.

Yes, he conquered us all. He killed many. He killed my mother, my father, my uncles, my aunts. He killed my cousins and their children. And my baby. He killed many, many more. But he did it for the New World. He removed all the weak and the needy. He left only the best.

He took a shine to me and made me one of his. I lived with his women. I became one of his women. We were the finest. Each place he conquered, he took a few of us for himself.

I fell in love with him and our New World. I embraced it whole. I feel nothing for those from the Old World, my parents, and the rest. I hardly remember my baby or its weak crying or its neediness. This world feels better. This world isn't hurt. This world is light and joy and promise. We live for him and his dream. A wonderful world. One of strength and beauty and nothing else.

He decided to put children in us. He said they were a vessel for the future. He said they would be the best, the strongest, the most pleasing. He believed it. I realized it was the Old World creeping in. I had to stop it, so I did, with a simple bomb. Now, we can never be so weak as to be parents. And those children are spared having to watch us grow old and weak.

I am all that's left of us. You are an outsider. You can't understand. I am the future, and I have saved us all.

Long live our New World!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147 39 13
A group of powerful heroes attempt to stop the return of an ancient evil.
615 77 5
My second collection of short stories, but longer than the works in my Read my Shorts collection. This volume consists of anything more than 1000 wor...
306 13 12
Fantasy short stories set on a magical Earth.
113 2 5
Collection of future Stories and their description along with a short preview that I'll be making.