𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐑 𝐦𝐞 𝐧�...

By dwnsm_

Enid Byrne, a sharp-witted and fiercely independent hunter of Artemis, finds herself thrust into an epic ques... More

ℐ𝓃𝓉𝓇ℴ
𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘸𝘰
𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦
𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘢𝘳
𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘴π˜ͺ𝘹
𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯
𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘦π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡

𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦

140 8 2
By dwnsm_

"You must be hungry," Medusa remarked as Enid, Grover, and Percy walked around the large table filled with different snacks. "I left snacks on the table while I get something proper going."

Enid moved closer to the table to smell the food, with Grover and Percy leaning in beside her. Percy spoke up, "You think it's safe to eat?"

"I have to admit, I'm much too hungry to think intelligently," Enid replied, her mouth watering. Percy looked at her with a half-smile.

"Percy, I'm really hungry too," Grover said as he looked at his friend. "And I'm ready to take that chance."

Enid turned when she heard the doorbell ring, and a smile formed on her lips when she saw Annabeth entering the dining room. "Hey, you came!"

"Told you, I'm not leaving you with her," Annabeth shrugged, stealing a glance at Enid before looking at the table.

"Thanks for coming," Percy said as he walked up to her.

Annabeth looked up at him. "This isn't the same for me as it is for you."

"Why?" Percy asked, genuinely curious.

They heard footsteps coming towards them again. This time, it was Percy who grabbed Enid's arm, lowering his head.

"You're concerned I would hold a grudge against you simply because you are a daughter of Athena? You shouldn't be," Medusa spoke to Annabeth as she poured water into the glasses on the table. "We're not our parents after all. And you and I might have more in common than you think. Please, sit and eat."

Percy let go of Enid's arm as he and Grover approached the chairs to sit down. Annabeth watched them, rolling her eyes. Enid hesitated slightly before taking a chair too, feeling Annabeth's eyes on her.

"So you're not a monster, what are you then?" Percy asked as he started eating.

"A survivor," Medusa replied, her gaze lingering on Annabeth for a moment before turning back to the table.

"You must be a little more than that. There's a Fury out there that seems terrified of you," Enid exchanged a curious glance with Annabeth as Percy initiated a conversation with Medusa.

"Because she knows what I think of her. I don't like bullies. When one shows up on my doorstep, they end up spending a lot more time there than they planned for. The gift the gods gave me is that I cannot be bullied anymore," Medusa explained calmly.

Grover and Enid exchanged a look while listening to Medusa's words, sensing the tension in the air. They knew Annabeth wouldn't let that slide.

"What my mother did to you wasn't a gift, it was a curse," Annabeth stated firmly, her voice tinged with emotion.

"You are loyal to your mother," Medusa said, smiling at Annabeth. "You stand by her?"

Annabeth frowned, her expression unwavering. "Yes, always."

"You love her?"

"Of course, i do."

Percy, Grover, and Enid glanced at Annabeth, then at Medusa, munching on their snacks. Enid leaned towards the boys and whispered, "That's better than the movies."

"And so did I," Medusa confessed to Annabeth. "So did I. Do you know the story of how I came to be this way?""

"I do," Grover shrugged.

Medusa tilted her head, looking at him. "Do you?"

"Do I?" Grover looked at his friends, confused.

Enid frowned and took a bite out of her cereal bar as Medusa continued. "Athena was everything to me. I worshipped her, I prayed to her. I made offerings. She never answered. Not even an omen to suggest she appreciated my love. I wasn't like you, sweetheart. I was you. I would have worshipped her that way for a lifetime... in silence. But then one day, another god came, and he broke that silence."

She looks at Percy. "Your father. The Sea God told me that he loved me. I felt as though he saw me in a way i had never felt seen before. But the Athena declared that i had embarrassed her and i needed to be punished. Not him. Me. She decided that i would never be seen again by anyone who whould live to tell the tale."

"That isn't what happened." Annabeth gets defensive, crossing her arms over her chest. "My mother is just, always."

"The gods want you to believe that, that they are infallible. But they only want what all bullies want. They want us to blame ourselves for their own shortcomings."

"That is not what happened. And you are a liar."

"Something's burning," Medusa sighed as she got up, looking at Percy. "Would you give me a hand in the kitchen? I think lunch is ready."

Percy glanced at his friends, wondering if he should go or not. Annabeth shook her head, signaling to him that it wasn't a good idea. But Percy didn't listen to her. He got up from his chair and followed Medusa into the kitchen. Enid and Grover continued to devour and drink everything on the table.

"Damn, I think I'm in love with those chocolate bars," Enid said with her mouth full as she devoured all the chocolate bars on the table.

"Guys," Annabeth interjected, catching their attention, causing them to stop eating and move. "Get ready to run."

"Aww, is it time to leave already? I only ate three cereal bars," Enid complained like a five-year-old with her mouth full.

Annabeth shook her head in despair. Grover stood up, wiping his hands on his jacket, his eyes reflecting concern. Enid took a sip of water before getting up too, her playful demeanor masking the worry in her eyes. Annabeth reached out and took her hand, pulling her next to her, a subtle gesture of comfort and protection. "I hope next time you listen to me."

"Relax, Annie," Enid chuckled nervously, her fingers fidgeting with the pink macaron as she tried to lighten the mood. "We're still alive."

Suddenly, Percy rushed into the dining room, his eyes wide with urgency as he put his finger to his mouth to signal them to be quiet, his gaze briefly meeting Annabeth's before turning to Enid, a hint of concern lingering in his expression. With a swift motion of his hand, he urged them to move quickly. Percy handed Grover the shoes Luke had given him, instructing him to slip them over his hooves.

The four of them huddled together in the basement, seeking refuge in the dark corner, their hearts pounding with fear and anticipation. The basement door groaned open with an eerie creak, the sound sending shivers down their spines. As they descended the stairs, flames erupted, casting an ominous glow that illuminated the torches scattered around the basement.

Percy's breath caught in his throat as he came face to face with a statue, its frozen gaze sending a chill down his spine. Enid's eyes widened as she realized the entire basement was filled with them, each one more haunting than the last.

As the heavy door sealed shut, Annabeth instinctively seized her friends' arms, propelling them forward with urgency. "Come on," she urged, her voice a mix of determination and fear.

Together, they raced through the dimly lit chamber, the eerie shadows of the statues looming ominously around them, each frozen figure seemingly watching their every move with silent judgment.

"There's three of us and only one of her," Grover reasoned, his voice echoing softly in the cavernous space. "If we split up, she can't be watching us all at once."

"I don't think it could be that simple," Annabeth said, coming to a halt, her friends mirroring her actions.

"It could be," Grover insisted, a thread of optimism weaving through his voice. "Here's the plan: I'll get in the air, i'll draw her attention. As soon as you guys hear me say 'Maia,' you guys start—" Before he could even finish outlining his plan, the shoes he wore sprouted wings, propelling him into the air. "Oh, boy! Off. Down!" he exclaimed, struggling to control his unexpected flight.

Grover vanished into the darkness, leaving his friends to gaze after him with a sense of helplessness. Annabeth took a deep breath, her mind already at work. "So, we're gonna need a new plan."

In an instant, the resonant timbre of Medusa's voice pierced the air. "We are not our parents, until we choose to be," she intoned, her words carrying weight in the dimly lit space.

A silent communication passed between the three companions, a shared understanding prompting them to swiftly pivot and flee in the opposite direction, their hearts pounding in unison with each hurried step.

"You three have chosen," Medusa declared, her voice resonating through the dimly lit chamber. "A daughter of a self-righteous mother, who embraced self-righteousness herself. And you," she continued, talking to Enid, "the daughter of Artemis, a fierce guardian of the wild, who instills strength and independence in her kin."

Her eyes were now looking for Percy. "And you, you could have shown your father what it means to stand up for someone you love. You could have chosen to save your mother instead of doing your father's bidding. If neither of you will help teach these lessons, perhaps you should become the lessons. When I ship your statues to Olympus... maybe that would drive my point home even more effectively."

Enid and Percy found refuge together as Percy drew his sword, poised for a confrontation with Medusa. Meanwhile, Medusa approached their hiding spot, a sinister smile gracing her lips. "Stand up. Let's have a look at you."

Percy emerged from his hiding spot with haste, shutting his eyes tightly to ward off the petrifying gaze. Enid mirrored his actions by closing her eyes, as she prayed for Percy's safety. Suddenly, they heard Grover's panicked screams echoing through the chamber. "I didn't really think this through!"

As Medusa became distracted by Grover's fall, Annabeth seized the opportunity. With a swift motion, she removed her cap and placed it atop Medusa's head, rendering her invisible. With a determined gesture, Annabeth pointed her finger at Medusa and shouted to Percy, "Now!"

Percy swiftly opened his eyes and swung his sword, severing Medusa's head from her body. Enid's attention shifted to Grover, who lay on the ground, exhausted and wounded from the battle. Without hesitation, she rushed to his side, her heart filled with concern for her friend.

"Grover, are you okay?" Enid asked as she knelt beside him, gently cradling his head in her hands.

Grover glanced at Enid, a puzzled expression crossing his face. "Did you say something?" he asked, his voice tinged with curiosity.

Enid helped Grover to his feet, supporting him with her steady hand. They joined Annabeth and Percy, the latter clutching what appeared to be Medusa's head. "Ow, man."

"Did you find it?" Annabeth asked, her voice tinged with urgency.

"Hope so," Percy replied, scrutinizing the invisible object he held in his hands.

Enid and Percy decided to vanquishing the fury, utilizing Medusa's head as their weapon as Annabeth stayed with Grover in the basement. As the walked toward the front door of the house, an awkward silence settled among them. Sensing the tension, Enid decided to break it. "I can take the head if you want," she offered.

Percy glanced at his hands, then back at Enid, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "No, no, i got it," he replied, appreciating her offer but wanting to carry the burden himself.

"Just make sure it's pointing in the right direction before you take Annabeth's hat off." Enid instructed Percy, her tone carrying a hint of concern.

The two of them halted, and Percy nodded. "Good tip," he acknowledged, appreciating Enid's advice.

Enid and Percy found themselves standing in front of a closed door. After a long, awkward pause, Percy finally broke the silence. "My hands are kind of full..." he trailed off, gesturing towards the door.

Enid nodded understandingly, suppressing a smile at the awkwardness of the situation. "Sure, sorry," she said, stepping forward to open the door for him.

When Percy was finally outside, Enid closed the door behind him, her hands trembling slightly as she watched the scene unfold. Percy stood before the fury, who spread her wings and screamed. Enid held her breath as the fury charged at Percy, but he swiftly removed Annabeth's hat, turning the fury into stone. It crashed to the ground and shattered, leaving Enid in awe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 5.8K 90
Annabeth Chase is a rebellious teen who only acts out for attention. She has a brain, but it seems like she's not using it. Percy Jackson is trouble...
6.2K 162 16
"BORN OF BEAUTY, LOVES ENCHANTING DAUGHTER" _________________________________________ WHERE VIVIANNE AZAELA is chosen to go on a quest to return Zeus...
15.2K 359 9
"She is the most sweetest and kind-hearted person you will ever meet Percy but don't let her fool you she can be a handful and is much more powerful...
seasons By morgan

Fanfiction

735K 18.6K 44
in which a friendship unfolds between a twitch streamer landing a role in percy jackson and her castmate social media au | she/her reader status: on...