Spirit Of A Hunter

By GornroX

The boy who ran from bis problems. Found his spirit and ran towards then. The story of Y/n and his adventure... More

The Boy's Spirit
[V1E2]Ballroom Blitz
[V1E3]So, Did I Just Flirt With My Sister Or...
[V1E4]The Little Things
[V1E5]Old Frenemies

[V1E1]I See Dead People

313 19 12
By GornroX

Y/n awakened with a yawn before he then leapt out of his bed. "Good morning~" He sang song in a groggy voice as he wiped his eyes.

"Good morning snowball~" A mature feminine voice replied. "You sleep well?"

Y/n nodded as he looked towards the window seal of his room and sure enough there she was, her gaze meeting his. A warm motherly smile across her face. The woman before him wore a pure white cloak that hid most of her body. Her hair was black with red frosted tips and her eyes were a deep silver. The outfit she wore underneath was a simple yet refined black and red combat dress. Though the most striking detail of the woman was her translucent nature. Every bit of her, clothes included, was see through.

The boy nodded as he headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth. "Yep. As always, with you around I can sleep soundly Ma."

The woman lifted a hand to her face and chuckled softly as she floated off of the window seal and followed the boy into the bathroom, her body effortlessly phasing through the wall and popping out right through the mirror, momentarily catching him off guard. His eyes flickering from the usual crimson to a deep silver similar to the spectral mother before him. She giggled at his reaction as she moved out of the way and proceeded to fly through him and hug him from behind.

"Sometimes this semblance is a curse," he said with a dry chuckle as he leaned into the hug a bit. In spite of her nature as a spirit the boy was fully capable of feeling her warmth. Seeing his Ma's pout through the mirror he changed his tune, "though even curses have their merits." She nodded in smug approval as he finally began to brush his teeth.

Soon after the boy took a shower, after his Ma left the room to wait for him. "So what's on the agenda today Ma?"

On the other side of the bathroom the snow cloaked woman sat at the small table in the room and began to hum. "Aside from training and a bit of studying for Beacon's entrance exam you've got a free day ahead of you." Her reply was simple and even a bit excited at the prospect of free time. "Hey," She called out, "We can totally use this time to browse some weapon stores for parts and dust."

"I already have a weapon though," The boy replied as he washed his short snow white hair.

The woman smiles fondly, "Yeah my weapon. But you need a weapon of your own. You need to craft one meant for you."

Y/n sighed as he began to clean his body. Speaking of, his body was well built. Lean yet had a respectable eight pack, his body more built for speed than strength as evident by his legs. Another notable aspect of his body is a considerable number of scars of varying shapes and sizes. His face, arms, and legs where relatively free of scaring. His previous... "family" knew to hid their abuse at the least. The most notable is a burn scar in the shape of hand on his right side. It was a reminder of the last time he ever needed to run from those people.

"Fine fine I'll start thinking of ideas for my own weapon. That being said I'm not abandoning you any time soon," He finally replied after some time.

The woman blushed as a cheeky grin crossed her face, "Careful Y/n~ Keep talking like that and I may make you take responsibility~" A loud crash was soon heard from the bathroom as Y/n fell to the floor. The woman began to laugh, her arm phasing through the table in the attempt to bang at it. The door to the bathroom then slammed open as Y/n glared at the woman. "Y-Y-" She began to stammer at the sight of him.

"MA! You can't just say those kinds of things! Even IF I'm the only one that can hear you!" He shouted out in an exasperated tone, completely ignoring the fact that such information makes him look like an idiot screaming at air. The woman seemed taken aback, her blush was massive, and she seemed incapable of speaking beyond a squeaky stammer. Y/n's exasperation melted into worry as he spoke, "Ma? Ma are you good? Summer," He called out to her in her name to hopefully snap her out of it.

"Y-Y- Towel..." She finally managed to speak as she pointed towards his lower region before throwing her hands up to her face. Y/n paled as he slammed the bathroom door shut. With Y/n no longer assaulting her eyes the now name dropped Summer was given a moment of reprieve. A thought passed her by followed by an audible slap to her face.

Y/n returned from the bathroom, fully clothed as he always keeps the clothes he plans to wear the next day in the bathroom. He exits the bathroom and proceeds to attempt to ignore the previous events, "So what should we do now? Morning training or Evening training?"

Summer took a small moment to recompose herself before replying in her usual chipper attitude, choosing to ignore the events like Y/n. "I'd say we'll do evening training. We should spend the time before then in Vale browsing the weapon shops. Speaking of, do you have any ideas for what you may want? It can't be like my weapon cuz you already have my weapon. May as well branch out and explore your options."

"Ugh... It's gonna be a bi-- hard to train with a new weapon completely..." He whined.

"But that's the fun part! A whole new baby, made perfectly for you and you alone. It's nice that you adore me so much but you need to fly with your own wings Snowball. Now of course, there's nothing wrong with using my weapon. You just need one of your own."

Y/n sighed, "Yeah I guess you're right..." He let off as he began to rub his chin in thought. He shakes his head, "Well no use thinking about it here. I'm sure I'll get better ideas while actually browsing a shop."

"You also need to make it to the morning Bullhead's if you wanna get to Vale in the nearest hour,"  Summer replied as she floated over to the door of Y/n's room.

Y/n nodded as he collected the very same cloak Summer wore and her weapon in its compact form. They were the only things he could take when he had accidently disturbed her resting place. He held her weapon in his hands before latching it to his lower back. "I'm not replacing you. Just bringing along a new friend. Yeah..." With his self confirmation finished, Y/n turned towards the door and left his room. Summer tagged along of course. She floated beside Y/n as the teen traversed the halls. 

"Surprised Ozpin would set you up with a room in the first year dorms,"  She thinks aloud, something she's gotten used to doing because only Y/n could hear her.

"Really? I don't have a place to stay, the first year dorms are empty due to everyone moving up, and the initiation is soon so I'll just end up in one of the dorms soon anyways."

"Oh~ Look at you, already so confident," She giggled. "I remember when we first met,"  She reminisced while spinning in the air, "You were a blubbering mess. I couldn't help but feel a need to protect such a cute little boy~"

"MA," He shouted, his voice echoing throughout the empty halls. "I was being chased by Grimm for Oum's sake. Besides, you weren't the best either. You scares me half to death just popping your head through the ground in some half baked attempt to calm me down."

Summer gasped and blushed as she began to punch Y/n with a pout, "I was trying to help you dummy!" He laughed as he left the first year dorms and made his way to the Bullhead bay.

Touching down at Vale's bullhead bay, Y/n thanks the pilot before heading off and finding a secluded spot. "Sooo do you know any good shops Ma?"

"Unfortunately, not really. Even if I did I couldn't be sure if they're still around. I've been gone a long time after all. That said I still got a keen eye for parts," She boasted proudly.

"Then I'll be reliant on you for now and always," He replied with a small chuckle as he performed a mock bow. The two shared a laugh before heading off on their journey.

They would hit various shops of various qualities. None of them really meeting either of their expectations. There was even one where Summer had to calm Y/n down so he doesn't end up going to jail for punching a dude for making a joke about her cloak. Eventually after their seventh attempt, they stumbled upon a shop hidden in a back alley simply named Regalia. The two shared a look, the gleam of reckless adventure shined brilliantly, as Y/n scrambled for the door. Upon entering he is met with a rather crude sight. Everything was displayed but their was no flash or energy in the room. Certainly not befitting the name Regalia in presentation.

Y/n's disappointed attitude sone shifted to surprise as it was Summer who was excited at what laid before them. Her spiritual body zoomed around the room as she analyzed and fangirled over all the parts and weapons. How they've been masterfully crafted and so much more. "Ah! A customer! I'll be right there. Just finishin some work. Please do browse my wares in the meantime," an elderly yet gruff masculine voice called out from the backroom behind the counter.

Y/n chose to listen and began to browse, unimpeded by Summer's excitement. "I'm still not too sure what I'd want..." Y/n mumbled his thoughts.

Summer took a deep breath, even if breathing is meaningless to her, as she recomposed herself. "Well the best way to go about it is to think about what you may be lacking, what you want, and what you think is coolest. The last one may be silly but it needs to be a weapon you're proud to wield and want to use."

"Surprisingly mature for the woman who just fan girled over weapon parts," He lightly jabbed her in response, "But thank you." With that he began to think once more as he browsed the shop once more, while he ignored Summer's out burst. 'A weapon to call my own. A weapon I'd want to wield. What am I lacking in? ... Close ranged options...' Y/n continued to think as he browsed the weapons and thought about his past ventures to try and figure out if there was amything that stuck out to him before snapping to himself. "I got it!"

"Hehe, not often I get to see a youngster 'ave a revelation in my shop," The older voice spoke up, stealing Y/n's attention and turning it towards the counter. He was a rather short old dude with little in the way of defining features, barring the scar cut across his face. "So tell me kid, what is it that you got?"

"I... I uh got an idea for the weapon I wanted to make."

"Oh you did huh? So what is it?"

"Do you have a spare sheet of paper or blue print I can jot it down on? Ma said I should craft the weapon myself but I never made weapons before. I would love if you helped me through the blueprint process. Paid of course."

The old man laughed as he produced a blueprint from under the counter, "Not many youngsters bother with weapon crafting nowadays. Only ones I know bout build em at Signal Academy. Tell ya what kid, i'll be yer consultant for free. Only if ya get yer parts from me exclusively. I'll even coach ya in the process of crafting your weapon."

Y/n looked to Summer, who nodded enthusiastically, and then back to the man before holding out his hand to shake it. The old man returns the gesture. "So what I was thinking was this," The teen then began to scribble down his idea. It was crude and lacking in any actual technical detail but the idea was enough to make the old man laugh again and make his Mom smile on him proudly.

"Oh yer a good one. Say kid, what's yer name?"

"Y/n sir. Y/n Rose," He replied happily. Summer still smiled everytime he repeated her last name. He had long since abandoned his past for a much brightet future and it was an honor to her that her name was symbolic to that.

"Well Y/n, this baby will take me quite a while to craft all the parts, so in the mean time yer free to take one of my weapons on loan. Course ya break it ya buy it."

Y/n shook his head as he detached Summer's weapon from his back and slid the switch upward. The front of it jutted outward as the back fell down a small bit. The front tip unfolded to reveal a spear as above the switch a scope jutted out along with the magazine and trigger below it. "This is Spina Alba, my Mom's weapon."

"Your Ma must really care for ya to lend you such a lovely weapon," the man nodded to himself as he headed to the back of the shop once more, "Name's Onyx by the way. Yer parts should be finished in about a week or so. Enough time to collect them before the entrance exam," with those words he slammed the door behind him shut.

"Well I guess its just dust that I need to get now," Y/n said with a small sigh as he shifted Spina to its compact form and reattached it to his lower back.

"Hey at least its a boring and quick task yeah?"

"Don't jinx it Ma," Y/n replied as he left Regalia to find the nearest dust shop.

Author's Notes: Not much to say. Just hope you enjoy the story to come! Also to note romance is a possibility this story. Mayhaps even a harem if you lot beg for it on your hands and knees like plebians. Nah but seriously I am open to suggestions and down for whatevs y'all may wish to see in the future!

The usual... Tips, Tricks, Ideas and Criticisms are welcomed and encouraged! Have a good one y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 454 26
You are Y/N Nikos, a student at Beacon Academy. Y/N is the leader of Team NAAD (Nightshade), which one of the best teams alongside Team STRQ. So natu...
79.7K 877 13
A new student coming to Beacon half way through the year. What will he find there? Disclaimer: I do not own...
88.2K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...
40.5K 876 15
Beacon has fallen, Ozpin is gone, and the rest of the world is perplexed on what happened to Beacon, Ruby, Janue, Nora, and Ren have set off to find...