Southern Charm

By anj6232

Jessie White isn't your average woman. She's a Southern woman. Some women at the age of twenty-four are still... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 21

8 2 0
By anj6232

JESSIE

Let me tell you that getting kicked in the forehead by a damaged, abused horse is wild. I never thought something like that would happen to me, yet here I am and might I add with no brain damage. I'm still alive and breathing as I prepare to walk down the pathway created for my wedding at my family ranch. With the swelling and bruising down and a touch of makeup in certain areas to covering some bruising, I was wedding-ready. My bridesmaids wore baby blue, and the groomsmen wore gray short-sleeved shirts with black ties.

Our family ranch has two barns, one for the animals and the other a fully air-conditioned for such events. Thank the Lord it had an AC unit or else we would all be sweating bullets waiting for the whole thing to be over with.

My wedding was put together in a matter of days and was now going to be successfully pulled off thanks to my creative maid of honor, Bailey Boone. All of my bridesmaids had put in so much work and I couldn't have asked for anything better in a such a short amount of time.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" Scott asked as he adjusted his tie with tears in his eyes.

I nodded. "Don't cry, Dad. I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be here even after we get married," I said, trying not to tear up myself.

"I know you will be. It's just you're so grown up and a beautiful young lady. Your mother would be so proud of you right now. I wish she could be here next to you, but I know she is in spirit."

"I miss her so much. Mom would have loved the wedding setup and the baby blue-colored dresses like she had for your wedding. Everything I picked was because it reminded me of Mom," I said. 

My four brothers walked in, and they all gasped at the sight of me, making me chuckle. 

Colton came over to me first and hugged me. "Jess, you look so beautiful. Honestly, I wasn't sure you'd ever get married due to your stubbornness. Trace is a good guy, though, and I am happy for you."

"Yeah, you're getting married before the rest of us, which is saying something. Jess, you are committed to Trace and aren't doing this because he saved the ranch and your life are you? If you need out, tell us," Bennett said.

I laughed. "I swear I am marrying Trace because I love him. He has not pressured me into anything. I'm fully committed to him."

Parker smiled. "Good. I wouldn't want anyone else to get hurt around here. There has been too much of that going on lately."

"Tell me about it," Dane said. Dane hugged me and whispered into my ear. "Mom would've loved everything you picked out."

Candace came into the room and snapped a family picture of me with my brothers and father. It was our first picture together since Mom died, and although it was sad she wasn't here physically, I knew she was spiritually, as my father had said. Veronica got in the next picture with us and so did Naomi. It was crazy to me that Parker was engaged to Naomi. They had been dating a while, but I always saw him as the player. I guess Naomi changed him for the better which was good. 

"Okay, now are you ready?" Scott asked. I linked arms with my father, who still had tears in his eyes. I squeezed his arm, and he glanced at me. "I won't cry, I swear."

I smiled. "Okay, but if Trace doesn't cry, we're turning around, alright?" My father laughed as the rest of the wedding party went on ahead of us.

I took some final deep breaths, and the traditional wedding aisle song played as we walked to the barn doors. They opened, and my eyes found Trace's straight away. He had the biggest smile I had ever seen, and he was crying! I didn't think he would, but this man was shedding some tears. 

My father gave me away to Trace, kissing my cheek before letting go and then the minister began the ceremony. 

Then the time came for our vows, and I got all teared up for mine and his.

"Jessie June White, from the moment I saw you, I knew you were something special. A firecracker ready to ignite." Everyone laughed. "We've been through the sickness and health part a lot already and have made it through. I know we can stick it out for forever. I've grown to love you so much since the day I met you, and I can't wait to love you more and more each day. You've turned my life upside down, and I could not be more thankful that I will get to be your husband and you my wife."

"Trace Calvin Black, I was not sure about you at first. Once I got to know the real you my perspective changed. Bickering has always seemed to be our thing and I can happily say I will do it every single day as long as it is with you. You've been there when I was alone and lifted my spirits. You have been there next to me, being a total supporter and protector. You care so much about me, and it shows every day. No matter what life throws at us, I know I will get through it as long as we're together. I can't wait to spend forever with you."

The minister let us say I do, and then we kissed. It felt as if I was kissing Trace for the first time, only this time I was, but as husband and wife. I could feel the electricity in our kiss, which made my skin tingle. We were pronounced as Mr. and Mrs. Black and walked down the aisle together, hand in hand.

We had done it. Trace and I were officially married, with no one to get in our way. There were no interruptions or more injuries, just a beautiful day surrounded by those we love. The reception was even better, where Trace and I shared our first dance as a married couple.

"You know you took my breath away the second those barn doors opened and you walked toward me. I didn't think I'd survive waiting for you to stand in front of me but I did. That dress looks amazing on you. You're stunning," Trace said.

My cheeks warmed up at his voice. "I didn't think you would cry. It took me by surprise. You do have a heart."

Trace laughed. "You take me by surprise every day." Trace spun me around and kissed me. My life seemed like a fairytale. Sure, it had some bumps, but who had never driven on a bumpy road?

"Congratulations and welcome to the family, Jessie."

Trace and I turned to see Ryan smiling. He was dressed in a shirt and tie like the rest of the men here today. "Ryan! I'm glad you could come." I hugged him, and so did Trace.

"There was no way I would miss something so important to my little brother. I'm happy for you two and wanted to give you something." Ryan handed me an envelope. With puzzled looks on our faces, Trace and I opened it together, making me gasp. "I want you to use it. Enjoy every bit of it."

"Ryan, you didn't have to do this. I know our past is rocky, but this is too much. This must've cost a fortune," Trace said.

Ryan shook his head. "Someone I know owed me a favor, so don't worry about the price. I think you and Jessie will have a wonderful time in the Maldives. It's beautiful there."

Ryan walked away, leaving my husband and me speechless. We hadn't planned a honeymoon and decided we would pick a place at random to be spontaneous. This gift was something we never imagined, and now we would be able to get away for a whole week.

"Well, what do you think?" Trace asked, admiring the tickets for the flight and the instructions for the rental house.

"I think the Maldives are calling my name! That place is so pretty it looks fake. The pictures are unreal! Can you imagine how much fun we're going to have?"

Trace laughed. "Oh, I can imagine, alright."

Trace and I danced the night away, all while eating the delicious food we had catered. Our cake was divine, and I could not have asked for a better wedding ceremony.

"Alright, ladies, I'm going to throw the bouquet!" The women gathered around, and I smiled, knowing who was getting the flowers. I didn't mind sharing the spotlight, even if it was with my best friend. We were all happy and getting engaged. Soon, we'd all be married with kids on the way.

"One, two, three!" I pretended to throw the bouquet and then walked up to Bailey.

"Jess, what are you doing? Why are you handing me these flowers?! You're supposed to let one of us catch them. This is cheating!"

I smiled and shook my head. "Bailey, turn around." 

Bailey turned and covered her mouth. She was absolutely flabbergasted at the sight of my brother Bennett down on one knee, with the ring box popped open.

"Bailey Nicole Boone, will you marry me?" Bennett asked.

Bailey squealed and kissed Bennett. "Yes, of course I will marry you!" Bennett placed the ring on Bailey's finger, and my family cheered.

"I didn't see that coming," Trace whispered in my ear.

"It was a last-minute decision. They've had feelings for each other for so long when Bennett asked me I couldn't say no. Now all we have to do is wait for Meghan and Dane to get engaged," I joked.

"That might be a while. It looks like they're arguing right now." Trace pointed across the room at Meghan and Dane, bickering. It didn't look pretty until they both began laughing. "Huh, that was fast."

"I think they are a version of us. Meghan is stubborn like me, and Dane jokes around too much like you. That means they're perfect for each other. Time will only tell," I said.

"Did you just interpret that we're perfect for each other?" Trace asked.

I nodded. "Of course I did. Don't you think it's true?"

Trace grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor again. "One hundred percent, Mrs. Black."

"Oh, now I can get used to that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 121 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
147K 4.7K 28
Not every blonde is stupid. In the South if you're a beautiful, blonde, blue-eyed girl high expectations are made. Either you're not extremel...
263K 8.5K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...
398K 16.1K 30
EDITED (will be rewritten soon. I feel it needs more adult scenes and seems childish in some parts.) {A cowboy's hands are as strong as steel as toug...