Domestic Wizardry (Dramione)

By TrillbySkinner

Draco doesn't realize how his life will change when his eight year old son, Scorpius, brings home the cell nu... More

Chapter 1: Will you call?
Chapter 2: Will you come?
Chapter 3: Getting Settled
Chapter 4: Eight Years Prior
Chapter 5: Set to Rights
Chapter 6: Spoilers, Malfoy
Chapter 7: World Domination or Simple Domesticity?
Chapter 8: Death follows in his wake
Chapter 9: Safe at Home
Chapter 10: Family Celebrations and Conversations
Chapter 11: Like a Woman Scorned
Chapter 12: End of the School Year
Chapter 13: Summer is for dancing
Chapter 14: An Uncommon Courtship
Chapter 15: We need to talk about this
Chapter 17: Mawage is what bwings us togedder today.
Chapter 18: The Beginning of Forever

Chapter 16: Invitations to Lunch

425 16 3
By TrillbySkinner

After dinner they went up to their common room and settled on the sofa to talk about the details of actually getting married. The kids were in Scorpius's room reading jokes to each other and they could hear the two of them giggling from time to time through the open doors.

"How about we just elope?" Draco asked right off. "I've been through the whole mess of a wedding before and I'd rather not put you and the kids through that."

"I was going to suggest that myself. I don't want the whole world poking their noses in our private lives either. We could have your parents and our close friends out for dinner after to make the announcement."

"So that's the Potters, Zabinis, Theo... Daphne will not be invited of course. Would you want any of the rest of the Weasley bunch?"

"Only Arthur and Molly. Ron would probably crash the party if we invited all of them. I love them all dearly, but not enough to have to deal with that."

Draco nodded.

"Theo could do the ceremony for us, he got that certification as a joke before Blaise's wedding."

Hermione laughed, "that works for me. Do you think he could do it next week?"

Draco pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed Theodore Nott's number, putting the phone on speaker between them.

"Yo, drake. What's up?" Theo asked as he picked up.

"Hey mate, you still have that minister's certificate from Blaise's stag party?"

"Yeah, you manage to pack yourself in Mione's suitcase?"

Hermione's eyebrows rose, and Draco flushed.

"He talked me out of needing one." she said

"Oh! Hey Hermione. You sure you wanna get stuck with this one? He can be a bit of a prick sometimes."

Draco scowled at the phone.

"Tell me something I don't know." Hermione laughed, but smiled at him and took his hand in hers.

"He's also the absolute best man I know." Theo offered,

"Ok, enough of that." Draco said, equally embarrassed with the complement as he had been with the double entendre of the 'suitcase'. "We were wondering if you'd be free next week to officiate for us. We're eloping."

"Ah mate. I leave for that Arithmancy conference in Brussels on Monday and won't be back till nearly the start of term. I can do tomorrow though if you want to. I mean you're eloping, may as well get it over with right?"

Draco looked at Hermione, "what do you think?"

She shrugged. "I didn't have any other plans."

"That works for us then."

"So lunch tomorrow? Will it just be us?"

"We'll see if anyone else can make it, so there might be a small party, but probably just us and the kids. Also- if you can keep this between us for now Theo. You're the first to know."

"Ah, surprise wedding party? I'm all for seeing your mothers face when she realizes what's going on." Theo laughed across the line, "Oh Merlin- that will be priceless. Yes. my lips are sealed. Please, PLEASE don't tell her until I get there."

Draco chuckled, "I'll do my best not to arouse her suspicions, and thank you Theo."

"You're welcome mate. I'm happy for you both. See you tomorrow."

"See you then."

Hermione tapped a finger on the red end call button. "Draco, before we call anyone else–"

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing that would call off a wedding tomorrow! I just– I–" she sighed,

"Just spit it out Mione, whatever it is we can work through it together."

"I don't want to change my name again. I want to keep Granger this time. I love you- but I can't do that again." she said quickly. He stared at her. He didn't give two knuts if she changed her name or not, in fact, he'd rather she didn't. She deserved all the accolades due her name. What caught him off guard was the 'I love you'.

"Draco?" she looked up at him, concern in her eyes. He smiled reassuringly at her,

"That's fine Hermione. I'd rather you keep Granger as well, you've accomplished so much under that name, and I know you'll do even more amazing things in the future."

She relaxed, "Thank you."

"Now- your turn. Gonna call and see if the Potters are free tomorrow?"

"Arthur and Molly first. They'll need to be told something or they'll be worried."

"Say the children really want them to come visit. That's what I'm going to tell my parents." Hermione laughed, "that will probably work. Rose has suggested it a couple of times." She pulled her own cell phone from her pocket and dialed Molly's phone, the older witch had learned how to use the muggle device quick enough when she realized that it meant she'd be able to get in touch with any of her children at a moment's notice.

"Hermione! How lovely to hear from you dear, are you and the children still coming out on monday?"

"Hi Molly. I think so. I was actually calling because Rose has been begging me to ask if you and Arthur could come out to the manor for lunch tomorrow. She wants to show you her room in the worst sort of way."

"Oh that would be lovely! Let me check with Arthur right quick. ARTHUR!" Hermione heard Arthur Weasley call back to his wife in the background, "are we doing anything tomorrow?" Molly asked, still half shouting into the phone as she raised her voice for her husband to hear her across the house. Arthur replied and Molly lowered her voice to talk into the phone again, "tomorrow will be just wonderful dear. What time?"

Hermione glanced up at Draco who mouthed 'Noon'

"Does Noon work for you?" Hermione asked,

"Of course! We'll floo over at twelve. See you tomorrow!"

"See you Molly." Hermione hung up and took a deep breath. "Well, only three more to go."

Draco called his mother next and they were glad to come out the next day for a visit per Scorpius's request this time. And then Harry answered when Hermione called and quickly agreed to come the next day, no other information needed to keep things from being suspicious on their front, and Blaise was the same. After the last phone call Hermione sat back and sighed. "God- I can't believe we're going to surprise everyone with a wedding at lunch tomorrow. You and Theo and your slytherin pranks."

Draco chuckled, and pulled her close to his side, pressing a kiss to her temple. "Now the question is- What are you going to wear?"

"Salazar! I hadn't thought of that!" she got up and dashed to her room- Surely she had something appropriate in the closet, or at least something she could work with. Draco followed her, "I'm going to call MacReynolds and arrange to have him come out first thing in the morning to take care of the legal paperwork." he said

"Alright. Thank you Draco."

"Good luck with this, don't go too crazy or my mother will know something is up."

Hermione laughed, "Your mother will know something is up the minute Molly and Arthur show up."

"True." he bent down to kiss her on the cheek, his hand on her back, but she turned and caught his lips instead. The kiss went from a quick parting farewell to something much more heated in a second.

"Merlin, Granger." Draco gasped as he pulled back, snatching Hermione's wandering hands from his body, "keep your hands to yourself woman. I'm engaged to be married."

Hermione laughed, her cheeks pink.

"Don't put yourself in situations where I can take advantage of you then."

"You're a menace." he pressed a quick kiss to her lips, and spun for the door. "Stay out of trouble while I'm gone."

"Where are you going?"

"Gringotts- I'll be back before bed."

"But they close in an hour!"

"Darling, I'm a wizard." and he turned on the spot, disapparating with a solid pop.

Hermione shook her head and smiled, merlin. She was getting married. Again. This time, things would be better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 4 1
Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger have a secret fling during their return to Hogwarts. Hermione leaves with something more than she bargained for whi...
57.3K 1.5K 32
Hermione didn't know how to get over the war. She thought returning to Hogwarts would help but after a breakdown the most unlikely person helped her...
505K 13.4K 21
A potions accident leaves Draco Malfoy a toddler, and due Draco being stubborn, Harry Potter is left to take care of him. DISCLAIMER: I do not own a...
1M 21.6K 36
"You'll learn to love him." ❧ Y/n Vitelli, of a wealthy Italian pureblood family, is forced into a marriage of social advancement with none other tha...