2. SHADOW HUNTER ᵇᵉˡˡᵃᵐʸ ᵇˡᵃᵏᵉ

由 callmebien

In the aftermath of the Mount Weather disaster, Sairah boldly aligns herself with the Sky People, despite fac... 更多

cast + summary
1. wanheda
2. wanheda part II
3. charles pike
4. reunion
5. thirteenth clan
6. coup
7. king roan
8. skaikru's mistake
9. not-so-happy reunion
10. battlescars
11. goodbyes
12. forged in shadows
13. unity
14. fallen
15. lost trust
16. grief
18. drone
19. the cog
20. omen
21. inbetween
22. confrontation

17. syra

667 27 28
由 callmebien

-SYRA-

"but look at what you did, Sairah—or should I call you Syra?"

--------------------------------------------------------

Sairah watches as Bellamy walks over to her and Jasper after leaving Clarke by herself with Raven. After Jasper's outburst, Sairah decided to stay with him until he was fully himself again.

Now, as her eyes connect with Bellamy's hazel ones, she gives him a curt nod before patting Jasper's shoulder and walking outside to find Niylah standing on watch.

"Niylah, what are you doing?" Sairah mutters while walking up to the woman.

Niylah quickly turns around upon hearing Sairah's voice, giving her a bow. "I was making sure no one else followed you here, Trikova."

Sairah smiles. "I'm sorry it had to be this way. I never intended for this to happen, but with you having the last wristband, we had no other choice."

Niylah shakes her head, dismissively. "No, Trikova, you out of all people do not have to apologize to me. I am glad you are here... The Sky People not so much." She sighs.

Sairah gives her a knowing look. "I promise we will leave as soon as we can. You have my word."

"Thank you, Trikova." Niylah bows politely. "I wish you came here under different circumstances... Like you used to come here all the time with Heda."

Sairah looks down at the mention of Lexa's title, her heart skipping a beat at the empty feeling in her stomach. It's as if the moment Lexa was abruptly taken from her, so were her guts and emotions. "Yeah, me too..." She mutters after a while.

"Trikova, may I ask something?" Niylah breathes out after a long minute of the two women just staring ahead. After Sairah gives her a nod, Niylah takes a step closer to her. "Who is our new commander, Trikova? Who took Heda's throne?"

Sairah's jaw clenches as she recalls the Ice Nation's secret nightblood. Her hands curl into fists as she tries to stay calm. "Ice Nation had a nightblood of their own. She came in and slaughtered our nightbloods in their sleep."

Niylah gasps at this. "Oh, Sairah..." She mutters before pulling the girl into a hug. "I am so sorry."

"Me too." Sairah simply sighs as she hugs her back.

Before anything else can be said between the two grounders, Jasper walks out with heavy footsteps and a scowl on his face. Sairah sighs, knowing that Bellamy has something to do with that scowl. "I'll talk to you later, Niylah. Go inside and take a break."

Niylah nods before shooting Jasper a quick glance while walking past him towards her house.

When Sairah is close enough to the boy, Jasper looks down at her with teary eyes. "Why-- why can't I forget her, Sairah? Why is it so difficult to-- to get her out of my head?" He cries out.

Sairah closes her eyes, tired of the boy's self-pity. She looks at him, taking in the way his eyes close in pain and his breath becomes uneven. Then, out of nowhere, she slaps him. Hard.

Jasper looks shocked as he touches his cheek with wide eyes. "What--"

"Enough," Sairah simply says. "You are not the only one who lost someone. I lost my sister... The closest person to me. Clarke lost the love of her life, so did Bellamy. We are all grieving, Jasper. We are all in pain. But we're not letting that take over our lives like you. Pull yourself together, because right now, we need you focused." Sairah takes a step closer to him. "A warrior grieves only after the battle is won... That means 'a warrior grieves only after the battle is won'. And right now, we are far from winning. So if you want to help your friends, stop thinking about the ones you've lost, think about the ones you're going to save." She gives him one last glance before walking away, leaving him by himself once again.

-

Sairah strides into the room, her footsteps echoing with purpose as she observes Bellamy tending to Clarke's arm, which bears a deep, jagged bite mark. The sight grips her with a surge of concern and urgency, her eyes widening as she realizes that Raven's taunting must have reached the blonde as well.

"What the hell happened?" Sairah wonders aloud as she approaches the two, Jasper also entering the room and hurrying to remove the handcuffs from his wrists.

Clarke's gaze falls downward. "I let her get to me."

"You don't say," Bellamy mutters, joining the conversation. "Take a break. I'll let her beat me up for a while."

"I'll come with you... I have nothing else to do anyway," Sairah sighs before walking toward Raven's room without waiting for his response.

Taking a seat on one of the chairs facing Raven's bed, Sairah meets the girl's gaze briefly before looking away. Bellamy settles into the chair beside her, and silence falls between them until Raven speaks with a smirk.

"Look at your united front," Raven remarks, fixing her gaze on Sairah. "Tell me, why do you give the Sky People a pass for murdering Lexa? I mean, you know it's as much our fault as Titus'."

Bellamy's eyes widen at the revelation. He never imagined Titus was responsible for the Commander's death. He glances at Sairah, silently questioning if she had known.

"Not in the mood for your little games, Alie," Sairah retorts, unruffled, rolling her eyes at Raven.

"Alright, you don't want to talk about your sister, I get it," Raven continues, smiling. "How about your mother? What was her name—Carthia?"

Sairah's eyes widen, her breath catching in her throat at the mention of her mother's name. "How—"

"Carthia it is," Raven smirks. "Mind telling us how she died? Oh, wait... I can do that for you."

Sairah rises from her chair, swiftly moving toward Raven and seizing her by the throat. "What do you know about my mother?!"

Bellamy rushes over, attempting to intervene. "Sairah! Stop it! Let go!"

"Get off me, Blake!" Sairah pushes him away, her attention fixed on Raven. "Tell me what you know!"

"I know you killed her," Raven gasps for breath. "I know you stabbed her with one of those." She gestures toward Sairah's Gladius swords hanging at her hips. "Right in her heart."

"That is not true," Sairah's grip loosens as tears fill her eyes. "That is not true."

"Oh, but it is," Raven insists, coughing from the strain on her throat. "You stabbed your own mother."

Sairah shakes her head, tears streaming down her cheeks. "That was not my fault. I didn't have a choice."

"Really? I think you did," Raven sighs, her smirk widening.

Bellamy watches with disbelief, struggling to comprehend what he's hearing. Sairah looks up at him, her eyes pleading for understanding. "It was not my fault. She did something terrible... I had to—I had to kill her."

Bellamy nods slowly, grappling with the weight of her words. "You should take a break, Sairah. I can watch her by myself."

Sairah shakes her head. "You don't understand," she steps closer to him. "She was a bad person. She was a traitor."

"Sairah, let's go," Bellamy murmurs, not wanting to delve into her story while she's in such distress.

Raven's voice cuts through the tense air, her gaze fixed solely on Sairah. "She begged you to keep your promise, but you didn't. She made you vow. But look at what you did, Sairah—or should I call you Syra?"

Sairah's restraint snaps. Her body moves instinctively as she strides toward Raven, seizing her by the throat once more. "I'll kill you!"

"Just like you killed your mother?" Raven's laughter rings out. "Do it! Tell them who you really are while you're at it, Syra!" She taunts mercilessly.

Sairah bellows in fury as Bellamy attempts to pry her away from the gasping girl. "Sairah!" He grapples with her, his hands gripping her waist as he struggles to pull her back. After minutes of intense struggle, he finally manages to separate Sairah from Raven, dragging her out of the room.

Sairah's anger pulses through her, her movements still trying to propel her back into the room. "I'm going to kill her, Blake. Get out of my way."

"No, Sairah! Calm down!" Bellamy's frustration is palpable. "What the hell was that all about?! I thought you, out of all people, would know better than letting her get to you."

"Let's talk after I kill her!" Sairah's glare pierces Bellamy.

"Snap out of it!" Bellamy's voice rises, cutting through the intensity.

Sairah freezes, her breath catching as tears well in her eyes. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry. I should've known better." Disappointment etches her features as she shakes her head.

Bellamy sighs, his trust still wavering. "Don't worry about it."

Sairah closes her eyes, her confession heavy with truth. "It's true, that's why I'm so angry... I did kill my mother."

Bellamy's eyes widen, his hands slackening at his sides as he absorbs her words. "What?"

Sairah inhales deeply before meeting his gaze. "My family and Lexa are the only ones who know," she murmurs. "My mom was a traitor. She worked as a spy for Ice Nation. No one knew except for me, and I found out by accident when she was having a meeting in our house with Queen Nia's ambassador. She made me vow to never tell anyone. I promised her even though I knew it was wrong what she was doing—she was my mother after all." Sairah brushes away a tear from her cheek. "One day she came home covered in blood... I asked her what had happened, but she said it wasn't hers... I found out she executed my people under Nia's orders. Her own friends." Her breath catches. "When I became Lexa's second, Queen Nia forced my mom to kill me to get to Lexa, but of course, my mom was hesitant." Sairah looks down, tears still streaming. "When people from my village started disappearing one after another, I knew she had something to do with it, so I—I told Lexa about my mother. I broke my first-ever promise. Lexa banned her from our lands after I begged her not to kill her. I thought it was over, that I was finally free." Sairah meets Bellamy's gaze, regret filling her eyes. "My mother came back with a few other Ice Nation warriors under Nia's orders to execute me and my family. We were sleeping when she came into our house. My father—my father was the first one she attacked. He was stabbed nine times, but luckily survived. When she went to attack my brother, I woke up. I killed the other Ice Nation warriors until she was the only one left. She knelt down and begged me to spare her... I was considering it. I truly wanted to let her live, Bellamy, I really did... but I couldn't. That would put innocent people in danger. My people." Sairah takes a deep breath before concluding her story. "So I stabbed her—right in her heart, killing her instantly. The last thing she said to me was 'you promised'."

Bellamy's mind reels as he processes Sairah's revelation. His eyes widen, mouth agape, as he absorbs the weight of her words. Stepping closer, he enfolds her in a tight embrace. "I'm sorry, Sairah. I can't imagine how painful it must have been to hear her name again after so many years."

Sairah, still engulfed in tears, nods within their embrace. "I couldn't control my anger." She gently disentangles herself, breaking their hug, before wiping her tears away. "I shouldn't have told you that," she murmurs, attempting to move past him.

Bellamy's hand shoots out, grasping her wrist to halt her from walking away. "Sairah, if you need someone to talk to—or a shoulder to cry on, I'm always here."

Meeting his gaze, Sairah shakes her head slightly. "I shouldn't have put you in that position. I'm sorry if I made this awkward," she says, gesturing between them.

"No, you didn't," Bellamy reassures her, his voice a gentle echo in the quiet room. Their eyes lock, an unspoken conversation passing between them as they navigate the depth of emotions swirling beneath the surface. Bellamy senses an opportunity, a moment suspended in time where his unspoken desires converge with the palpable tension in the air.

With a resolve born of longing and uncertainty, Bellamy leans in, his heart pounding with anticipation. He wrestles with the weight of unspoken words, knowing that this moment could alter the course of their relationship forever. His breath hitches as he inches closer, the space between them dwindling with each passing heartbeat.

Sairah, lost in the intensity of their shared gaze, feels the magnetic pull drawing her closer to Bellamy. His proximity ignites a flurry of emotions within her, a tumultuous storm raging against the cold facade she presents to the world. As Bellamy closes the gap between them, Sairah's breath catches in her throat, her senses heightened by the electricity crackling in the air.

Their lips meet in a collision of longing and vulnerability, a silent exchange of unspoken truths and uncharted territories. Sairah melts into the warmth of Bellamy's embrace, her heart finding solace in the tender embrace of his touch. In that fleeting moment, their worlds collide, intertwining in a symphony of shared desire and unspoken promises.

As seconds tick by, Sairah starts to realize something. She feels the weight of what just happened between them. It hits her hard, like a sudden wave crashing over her. With a jolt of clarity, she pulls back, her movement sharp, filled with a sense of regret she can't quite put into words.

Bellamy's eyes follow her, seeing the conflict on her face. He notices the doubt in her eyes, the vulnerability she usually keeps hidden. As she steps away, a mask falls over her expression, hiding whatever she's feeling.

The warmth they shared fades, replaced by a coldness that settles over Sairah like a blanket. Bellamy watches as she puts up her guard again, her walls going back up. He reaches out, silently asking her to stay, but Sairah remains distant. In that moment, he sees how fragile their connection is, and how easily it can break.

He lets out a heavy sigh, knowing there's nothing more to say. The air between them grows heavy with unsaid words and missed chances. He sees the conflict in Sairah's eyes, a reflection of his own feelings. As she retreats behind her tough exterior, Bellamy braces himself for the distance that's grown between them once again. Bellamy clears his throat, deciding to ease the tension. "I'm glad you trust me enough to share your story with."

Sairah's jaw tightens. "I don't trust you, Blake. I was vulnerable," she states firmly, withdrawing her wrist from his grip and walking away.

Bellamy's heart sinks at Sairah's words, the weight of her statement heavy in the air. He watches her retreat, her figure shrinking as she moves away, the distance between them expanding with each step she takes.

He wants to call out to her, to tell her that he understands, that he respects her boundaries. But the words stick in his throat, swallowed by the gravity of the moment. He knows he overstepped, that he misread the situation, and now the consequences linger between them like an unspoken truth.

As Sairah disappears from view, Bellamy is left standing there, grappling with the aftermath of their brief, intense moment. He runs a hand through his hair, frustration and disappointment swirling in his mind. He knows he has to give her space, to let her process everything in her own time.

With a heavy sigh, Bellamy turns away, his footsteps heavy as he walks in the opposite direction. He's left with a lingering sense of regret, a nagging feeling that he may have irreparably damaged the fragile bond between them.

first kiss y'all, first kiss
how happy are we on a scale from 1-10?🤭

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

49.3K 2.1K 25
The second book in the Ascension Series. After Lexa's ascension to The Throne Of Polis, she must now lead The Coalition Of Thirteen Clans to war agai...
55.5K 2.4K 31
The third book in the Ascension Series. After the destruction of Mount Weather and the end of The Shadow Bloods, Commander Lexa mourns the loss of Cl...
26.7K 718 18
In which the twin sister of Wells Jaha finds herself on earth, with her best friends, falling in love with their leader. [the 100] [s1-s7] [Bellamy B...
132K 3.5K 36
"I love you, Tatum." He says. "And I'm not living on this Earth without you, you hear me." "What are you saying?" I furrow my eyebrows. "If you die...