๐“๐€๐Œ๐„ ๐Œ๐˜ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“ | ๐‘บ...

By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐›๐จ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ......๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ง๐š๐ข๐ฏ๐ž, ๏ฟฝ... More

|๐๐‘๐Ž๐…๐ˆ๐‹๐„|
| ๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ |
๐Ÿ | ๐†๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฐ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ | ๐๐ž๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ‘ | ๐€ ๐…๐š๐ญ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ’ | ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐€๐ง๐ ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐Ÿ“ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ” | ๐’๐š๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‡๐จ๐ฆ๐ž
๐Ÿ• | ๐ƒ๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ฒ ๐Œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ
๐Ÿ– | ๐€๐ญ ๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐†๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐Ÿ— | ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฎ๐›๐ญ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐Ž๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐–๐ข๐ฌ๐๐จ๐ฆ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐€ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐˜๐ž๐š๐ซ
~ ๐“๐€๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐Ž ๐’๐„๐‚๐‘๐„๐“ ๐Ÿ ~
|๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ|
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘| ๐€ ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐’๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐Œ๐š๐ง๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” | ๐€ ๐–๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‹๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•| ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐–๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— | ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฉ๐ž ๐…๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ | ๐…๐ข๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ž๐ง๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ
|๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ|
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ˆ๐ฌ ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ 
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ | ๐‚๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ ๐Œ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ | ๐”๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐Œ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ | ๐”๐ง๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐‘๐ž๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐จ๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“ | ๐‘๐ž๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ง
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ” | ๐†๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ฌ ๐‘๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ• | ๐”๐ง๐ซ๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐ฌ๐ญ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ƒ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐จ๐ง ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ซ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— | ๐€ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ | ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐š
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ| ๐ƒ๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ข๐ฆ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ | ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ง ๐…๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ 

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ– | ๐”๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐“๐ข๐ž๐ฌ

124 9 1
By Kawaii_Vanilla_Bean

~*~

FIVE MONTHS LATER 

The discomfort of the humidity came around.......

Missions became more frequent over time, and moving from the past wasn't easy to look upon, let alone forget. I wanted to forget it all. With Sanemi coming to my brother's estate to see me becomes regular. Yet the more tension builds between my brother and Sanemi, the more I question if Sanemi was hiding something from me. Not being the nosey kind of person, it confused me to great lengths as to why my brother gave him his menacing gaze. 

It's always been like that for a few months, and soon Sanemi began to visit me as regularly which worries me.

"It is quite humid I must say," My sword-smith comments, taking off his woven hat hearing the bells chime together. Placing it carefully off, his Hyottoko mask remains intact concealing his identity fully from my view. Though despite his face being concealed, his voice told me enough that he was somewhere in his thirties. 

Nodding in agreement, "It is," before kneeling down, placing two cups between us. Pouring an iced aloe drink, I take a seat myself on my knees in front of him. "Thank you again for taking your time to deliver my blade, I should come to the sword-smith village next time..."

He chuckles, "Well you'll need to take a very secretive trip there, it's not easy to find," he lifts his drink, tilting his mask a little to sip it. He hums in delight of his drink, "This is delicious, what is it may I ask?"

"It's Aloe.......just a family tradition during the summer," smiling gently, before taking a sip myself while adjusting to the humidity. Glancing at the black material around my blade, I was eager to know if Ryoma was well. For a while he's been busy without a break, according to one of the kakushi. 

"Well this is delicious, Kohana would love this," He spoke gently, his voice melting when he mentions his wife's name. She was too a sword-smith, but also a mother to a son. His name is Taiga. He soon clears his throat lowering his cup, "So.......how is everything here? You're still living under your brother's roof?"

I sheepishly give him a wry smile, "I might think about moving to the butterfly mansion,"

His mouth frowns in confusion, "What do you mean by that?" taking another sip.

Glancing over my brother's untamed garden, my eyes fell upon the small pond with floating algae that has formed. The fish still swimming cluelessly, with small ripples.

With a breathy chuckle I shook my head, "Don't worry, it was just a suggestion...." dismissing my thoughts. Brother has been pushing me away further and further, he stopped training me as his Tsugoku and went on missions or disappeared with kanae. Though his actions has spoken loudly than his words, I was in denial. He's my brother. Deep down I just didn't want to give up yet, because I still love my brother.

Pouring Ryoma some more tea, I felt more spaced out than usual. 

"It's rare to have requests for a sword upgrade," Ryoma spoke up, breaking the stillness of silence whilst the cicadas buzzed in the background. The warmth coaxed my cheeks, that sweat glides down from the heat. "Maybe I can help figure a way to make it less stiff and heavy, and make it durable to slice it was precision....."

He went into his deep thinking, murmuring to himself while began considering whether I should change my blades structure design. 

"....or maybe we could make it a little lighter and flexible...." he continues rambling to himself, while I couldn't help myself but to chuckle in response. Sipping his tea quietly, I focused on the company he brought with him. Ryoma Kobayashi, the Chief's second step-son of the Swordsmith village, and a wise man at that. He wasn't as uptight or angry when my blade gets chipped badly, but he's rather patient and laid back.

His sleeves drift down to the inner elbow, scars marred across his olive skin. Arms toned from his work as a sword-smith, and my brow's pinch together in concern with his past wounds.

"......maybe make it so flexible, like a ribbon....." He continues to fantasise, mumbling to himself while I clear my throat to grasp his attention. Quickly he lifts his head up, "Sorry........just trying to find a way for you to manage longer in battle, to excel in battle against demons........but lately, there's been so much carnage. Missions continue to become higher, even Ubuyashiki family is concerned on another level...."

"Kobayashi--"

"We've been through this Hayami," he swats my head lightly, with his folded umbrella. With a small pout, he laughs to himself before lowering it and resumes drinking his tea. "I know formality is such a thing for our culture, but I'm grown past it when I'm familiar with people I've known for years....continue.."

Nodding with a sheepish frown, "Just habit.....anyway," lifting my gaze with a troubling sigh. "Has my brother said anything, when he visits you to your forge? Has been acting strange? Or has been very dismissive towards you...like no one matters but himse--?"

He raises his hand, "Hang on, hang on......Ryuji? You sure we're talking about the same person?" his lips curl into a thin line, before clearing his throat. "No, he's been his usual self......always cheery, accepting, laid-back and always for a good chat and laugh.......why?"

My heart sank in response, realising it must be my own imagination. Or rather, it was only directed towards me.

"No....reason, just worried like a sister should," Shrugging my shoulders, swirling my drink listening to the dry cicadas buzzing around in the humid air. Wanting shift the topic quickly by, "...Now about my blade, I'll give it some time to think about.....and I'll request an escort and see you next time. I'll analyse my strategy again in battle, and I'll keep note...."

Though I changed the topic quickly, it seems he didn't want to pry further. He understood when to leave it alone......and I respect that....

He went along and nods, "Right then, it's a deal......" confirming when we next meet, placing his cup down. He then grabs the hem of his Yukata, and pulls out a thin crisp white letter. Tapping it, he passes it to me. "....this is a letter, from the old man himself. Akihiro. Last you two met, seems like a year or two......."

Politely taking the letter in hand, I pull the letter from the thin bamboo paper and unfolded it.

Dearest Hayami

Hope you're doing well on your journey? I know I haven't had time to check on you, or even Ryuji as you've both gone seperate ways. Things like this do happen, but this time I want to reach out and make sure you're still alive and making me proud.....

I want to meet up with you, Hayami. Just you and me, as I felt like it's time to come clean about your family's history. I know an old man like me forgets sometimes, but right now I think you need to hear about how your family became about.....

Meet me two weeks after this month on the fourteenth, at noon...

There's a lot to discuss, and you deserve to know....

From Akihiro-Sensei

~

Lowering the letter I couldn't help but smile, while my fingers brushing over his neat character handwriting. "What day is it today again?" lifting my head up.

His head perks up, "Oh um.....it's the seventeenth...." he replies, before shifting his position. "Seems like he's requesting to meet up, am I correct?"

With a simple nod, "Yes," 

A smile curls upon his lips while lowering his mask over his mouth, before stepping off the verandah and slides his sandals back on. The pebbles grind beneath his weight, while placing his woven hat back on, the bells chimes again softly. "Well, I hope it goes well for you," he nods, before taking the black material from around my blade. "So please? If you need anything, you know how to call me...."

He clicks his teeth playfully he bows in thanks, before waving with his hands in the shape of a pistol taking his leave as the sun finally dips behind the mountains with a dark orange hue rays blinding the corner of my eye.

Glancing back over making sure it wasn't just addressed to me, I knew Ryoma's assurance that it was indeed for me only confirms it. Though Ryuji and I were the remaining last of our clan's hope, it was a mere dream that it would be brought to life. Should I invite Ryuji anyway? Does Sensei wish for me to assume that Ryuji deserves to know of our history, how we came to be? It was such a complicated decision to make, and it wasn't helping when it's so sudden.

"Caw~Mission!~Caw!" 

Lifting my head I saw Nami, my crow, fly down as I raise my forearm for her to rest upon. Patting her head gently as the paper crinkles in my hand, all I could think was go along by myself. It was better that way, because Ryuji is so hard to meet up with. Nami flies off my arm to perch upon the verandah, allowing me to change quickly into my uniform.

~*~

"Second Form: Dragon Dance!" 

My blade runs up vertically, with sharp precision through the demons chest.

 The air was cold, and though my vision wasn't clear, the early moon gave me light to focus all senses on the beasts of night.

The shower of blood dances in the air, before my body twists around swiftly with speed. Inhaling sharply I take a third of my strength, "Seventh Form: Water Claw Slash!" severing the head, before slicing it's head twice into three parts. It's yellow eyes tore apart by the attack, as it's wailing mouth cursed at me before hitting the ground.

Landing gently on my feet my eyes follow the large demon, falling to it's knees in a thundering crash with dust wafting around.

"Just another false Kizuki....." I mutter beneath my breath, swiping the blood from my blade. Drawing the blunt end I guide it with my other thumb beneath the scabbard, with a soft clink closing my battle. Leaving me standing amongst multiple decapitated bodies scattered around me, as I annihilated about six at most.

Sweat aligns my temple, and my breathe grew heavy in response.

This specific demon kept raving on madly about becoming a kizuki because of some promise, a promise that only the King of all Demons would grant him. How naive has these people fallen? Wanting power, that only comes to a hefty price to pay. Though I'm almost sixteen, I've learnt about how greed consumes you. Seeing everything so young, I've taken in my stride and learn by my mistakes along the way.

"Well......that's my second mission in a night," about to smear the blood away from my cheek, when the sun began to burn away the residue of the demon. Seeing's it's large humongous body dissipating into thin air, it brought me peace knowing that I've saved another life. 

Raising my hand to block the bright sun, the mountains nearby brought out the beauty of the mornings.

Turning back to the farm I've just rescued, there were a few casualties. Making my way through country air of the place, my eyes focus on the owner who sat on his verandah. His eyes never wavered when he noticed me approaching him, "So.......yer the girl who saved us," the old man spoke up, before standing up to my height.

Bowing politely, "Did you sustain any injuries, sir?"

He waves his hand dismissively with a little attitude, "Nah, just a few scratches....nothing new to my line of work," He assures me, with a gravelly voice. The soft wrinkles dawns on his face, lit with a warm grateful smile as he bows. "Thank you so much, we're in your debt......" with a shaky voice, with relief.

My eyes widen as I wave my hands in front of me dismissively, "No no, it's fine.......it's my job to ensure everyone's safety," while tucking my sword behind me, to ease him. "Anyway may i ask how long this demon been around the farm? Any cattle or sheep taken, or just your coworkers? or even family?"

He was hesitant while his eyes grow tired, parting his lips hesitantly.

"I lost my son.......he," his voice grows shaky, the anguish he felt. "He was the first victim to the Demon.....he went to feed the cattle, and aid in a delivery of a calf. With myself busy and piled with work inside the house, I heard his screams and then silence....."

My eyes harden for a moment, while my hand gripped my sword in sympathy. "I'm sorry," I utter out, bowing again. "My condolences.....but, how did you manage to survive that night....?"

"I went out to find him, but.......I couldn't find his body," He explains, while glancing to the side to see a few Co-Workers helping the wounded. A few kakushi soon arrives, making me turn to the man to let him finish. "All I saw was a bloody trail, and thought i saw a bear. Or maybe a wolf......but I thought wolves went extinct years ago....so I thought. Night after night, another co-worker was killed.....then cattle.....that's when we had the first slayer come to our aid. Then that ended drastically, with the slayers life dying for the sake of my farm."

The regret filling his voice, blaming himself for all the deaths and even his son.

Placing a hand upon his shoulder comfortingly, "It's not your fault, it's beyond your power...." assuring him soothingly, giving him a gentle sympathetic smile. "....anyway these people in black, will aid and patch the wounded. You need medical attention too...." gesturing his his bloodied arm that soaks through his kimono, while he nods.

"Mizutsuki......report," A kakushi arrives to my side, with two others. Reporting what has happened, and number of casualties, deceased and the damage of the structures, my information was dealt with. 

Suddenly a few other slayers were trailing behind the kakushi, as my eyes narrow in response to how slow they were.

"How come they've arrived now?" My tone shifts more firm, my anger slowly surfacing. My grips tightens til my knuckles turn white, and my chest felt tight.

"Oh them? They got lost.....I assume," The female Kakushi replies, uncertain herself.

Turning to another, "Take care of the man, now please?" before walking towards the young slayers. My steps stride faster towards them with mind foggy in exhaustion, as my eyes met one of them with an intimidating glare. They gasp in response before I fold my arms, "Where were you all? My crow announced that six demons were reported here, and I was informed I will be given a few slayers to accompany me.....explain..."

"Well uh, you see--"

One of the stops the girl from speaking as the guy narrows his eyes, "It's my fault, I have bad sense of direction and--"

"That's a you problem, but a slayer must always be ready for unexpected missions," I interject, I shift my hand upon the hilt of my blade for a moment. Glancing over at the destruction of one of the sheds, I sigh deeply pinching the bridge of my nose. "What rank are you three, huh?"

"I am Kanoto!" The young boy replies quickly, my eyes shift to the other two.

One of the girls were timid while the other one was embarrassed, "We're both Mizunoe," the flustered one speaks up, trying so hard to avoid my steel gaze. My shoulders slowly drop with a deep exhale, my fist smears away a previous cut wound. My knuckles and hands calloused, opened cuts cracking slightly opening. 

"I'll look past this, but next time you're assigned for another mission suddenly....." I remind them, my tone shifts more stricter. "......I won't be reluctant, as you know Demons have been running more rampant as of late. Both cities and overpopulated places will be high risk, to being targets to demons......especially the upper moons."

Though it was a warning, deep down I was disappointed at the slayers nowadays.

What's the point in joining, when you can't even save a life or even give it a go. Remembering the times I failed countlessly to demons, never coming out of a battle with clean hands. People's lives fell before me, but now I've adapted to my mistakes.......I've trained harder. Yet, I'm still not as strong as my big brother is. He's on another level, but for some odd reason he stopped training me to be his Tsugoku. 

Even when he started dating Kanae a few years ago, he refused to train me further.

It left me an end for a time, when Himejima began visiting me at the butterfly mansions training grounds in the back garden, nearby the waterfall. That's when he started bringing me Bentos, teaching me a few things about dragon breathing. Or the Water Dragon. It helped me continue, to be feel motivated to keep pushing forward and that's when I decided to train on my own without Ryuji beside me.

Where did the good times go?

Glancing over at the morning sun peering behind the mountains from afar, I felt at ease knowing I've accomplish yet another mission. Alone. However, these three slayers were roughly my age, lower ranks, but with different paths. But they don't understand being a slayer is taking a risk, and they fell behind and didn't aid me like they were asked to.

"So um.......you going to report us?" 

Narrowing my eyes to the boy who remains quiet, "What's your name?" bluntly.

"It's Akio Sato," He replies quickly, with enthusiasm in his voice. His naive blue eyes brighten up, from my acknowledgement of his own name.

"You two?" flickering my attention to the girls, when the less timid one steps forth.

"Yaeko Abiko," She replies softly, turning her head to the female slayer beside her.

"H-Hina Kimura," 

Glancing around I notice the reduced numbers of Kakushi, "Tend to the wounded, and look for any signs of activity from the previous night," I instruct firmly, gesturing to a few of the farmers that were wounded from earlier this morning. "This battle wasn't easy, so if you do these things then that's enough......for now."

Akio slams his fist against his chest and nods, "Yes Ma'am!" before rushing off to give aid to the farmers, while the other two remain hesitant. My eyes grew a little impatient, as my body was on the brink of exhaustion dealing with two missions in one night. My blood was running cold, and my lungs were burning from the cold morning air.

"Don't me ask twice, this is to prove you contributed," before turning on my heel, when a Kakushi appears in front of me suddenly. "What is it?"

"Mizutsuki, we've just got word in reason to our decrease in kakushi," She informs me, her eyes were different compared to the others. Listening in giving all my attention, my eyes slowly widen while registering the information.It felt like my body grew colder than before, my heart growing heavier like stone crushing my lungs.

".....so as reported, many had to be at the scene and the Dragon Pillar--" before the Kakushi pause, feeling her voice fading in the back of my mind. "......Mizutsuki?....."

Shaking my head my head only grew fuzzier, in result to overexerting my body again. 

"Sorry, I apologise........." my voice grew quiet, my hand grasping the cuff of my Haori tightly. Clenching my jaw tightly, I take a deep breath in and then exhaled taking in the morning air to clear my head. "......I'm going to report in, I've got no missions.......so make sure you take care of that old man. Please?"

She nods, "Yes, Mizutsuki......we will,"

Taking my leave from the farm, I starting making my way back to the butterfly mansion. What awaits for me by the time I get there, will only be adding oil to the fire. It was unexpected, and I wouldn't be surprised when my crow comes back to report the information directly to me. This weight made my steps heavier, my eyes felt sore from the lack of sleep.

"Dammit....."

--------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.4K 1.6K 35
Chiyomaru is Inuyasha's younger twin sister, a mortal girl who's demonic powers were taken from her in the womb by Inuyasha. Only powers that remaine...
77.2K 1.6K 35
(Y/n) had always been maltreated by her family. When her mother was murdered, she was left alone with her dad and was continually tormented by him. (...
196K 6.1K 29
Y/n's family were attacked by a demon on the same day she was given birth. Her brothers and sisters were all slaughtered by the demon along with her...
742K 18K 24
โ™ง (Y/N) is a nice gentle demon, but can be quite sensitive at times. (Y/N) became a demon by almost being killed from Muzan Kibitsuji when he was kil...