PJO Victory Is Within (Annabe...

By Foxspiritdragon

"I always win, I think" It's been a rough time for young Y/n living alone, he's been on the run from disgust... More

Book 1:The Lightening Thief
On The Run
I Get Drenched in Water
He's bowed to but I'm called abnormal
I joined his quest to prove myself
Struck by Lightning, and Old Ladies Really Want Us?
The sky's the limit!
Ares is scared of a Tunnel of Love? Weird
Next Stop Lotus Hotel and Casino
We take rides and slide down to our death
Hades Tells Us The Truth Sort Of
Beating Ares. Saying Goodbye. And meeting my mom?
An Awkward Tea Party With A Sad Tale
TRAITOR
Book 2: Sea of Monsters
Too Much For One Day
Not The Pigeons Please
Percy Accepts Gifts From A STRANGER
We Board The Princess Andromeda
Worst Family Reunion

Tyson's(NOT SO)Welcomed home

370 25 9
By Foxspiritdragon

(Not my art above)

This one is a little longer than the last Chapter. So please enjoy and votes are always appreciated. <3

***

Something was off about Camp half blood. 

On the surface, things didn't look all that different. The big house was still there with its blue gabled roof and its wraparound porch. The strawberry fields still baked in the sun. The same white-columned Greek buildings were scattered around the valley-the amphitheater, the combat arena, the dining pavilion overlooking Long Island Sound. And nestled between the woods and the creek were the same cabins-a crazy assortment of twelve buildings, each representing a different Olympian god. 

But there was an air of danger now. You could tell something was wrong. Instead of playing volleyball in the sandpit, counselors and satyrs were stockpiling weapons in the tool shed. Dryads armed with bows and arrows talked nervously at the edge of the woods. The forest looked sickly, the grass in the meadow was pale yellow, and the fire marks on Half-Blood Hill stood out like me with ugly scars. 

I could tell I wasn't the only one in our little group who was unhappy to see my home like this. 

As we made our way to the Big House, I recognized a lot of kids from last summer, which was good. But, nobody stopped to talk. Some did double takes when they saw the one eyed monster beside Percy, but most just walked grimly past and carried on the their duties-running messages, toting swords to sharpen on the grinding wheels. The camp felt like a military school and trust me I know, I use to command soldiers.

Percy and Annabeth were trying to explain the events from this morning, but the Cy—Tyson was absolutely fascinated by everything he saw. "Whasthat!" he gasped.

"The stables for pegasi," Percy said. "The winged horses."

"Whasthat!" 

"Um . . . those are the toilets."

"Whasthat!" 

"The cabins for the campers. If they don't know who your Olympian parent is, they put you in the Hermes cabin-that brown one over there-until you're determined. Then, once they know, they put you in  your dad or mom's group. 

He looked at him in awe. "You . . . have a cabin?"

"Number three." I pointed to a low gray building made of sea stone.

"You live with friends in the cabin?"

"No. No, just me" Percy finished there

My guess having to explain the whole child of the big 3 thing is tiresome, or he didn't want to get to the gruesome parts with the cy—Tyson about him not being alive. With the pact the three brothers made of not having children after what was it world war 2? I still don't understand why name it as such.  Anyways children of the big three were always so unpredictable with their power since they tend to be stronger than regular demigods. 

"Pretty wings" Tyson said grabbing my wing

I turned around so fast smacking his arm away from me "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I shouted getting the attention of everyone. My body ran cold I grabbed the sides of my head, as flashes of the past raised from deep in my mind. A giant club swinging around smashing soldiers into grease spots of blood. In the darkness one eye looked at me with a giant smirk. 

"Woah!" Percy said standing in between us "Y/n chill out he's just curios"

I was about to argue back, but someone had stepped out of the Big house side apartment.

"What's going on here?" he asked 

Once the shouting was lost we could hear Chiron was listening to his favorite 1960s lounge music while he packed his saddlebags. Chiron is a centaur half-man above the waist and half white stallion below the waist. He was a middle-aged man with curly brown hair and scraggly beard.  He could pass for human by compacting his lower half into a magic wheelchair which is very new—at least to me. You see I've met him a very long time ago, the first time was when I was traveling Heracles. 

One of his back legs was being held together with a mechanical cast. That was Heracles doing, he 'accidentally' pierced him with a poisoned arrow. Totally on purpose. 

As soon as we saw him, Tyson lost interest in me "Pony!" he cried in total rapture.

Chiron turned, looking offended. "I beg you pardon?" the turned to me looking concerned like Annabeth did back in our mist call. "Are you okay Y/n?"

I sighed "I'm fine. . .just having an off day"

Annabeth ran up and hugged him. "Chiron, what's happening? You're not . . . leaving?" Her voice was shaky. Chiron was like a second father to her. 

Chiron ruffled her hair and gave her a kindly smile. "Hello, child. And Percy, my goodness. You've grown over the year!" 

He swallowed. "Clarisse said you were . . . you were . . ."

"Fired," Chiron's eyes glinted with dark humor. "Ah, well, someone had to take the blame. Lord Zeus was most upset. The tree he'd created from the spirit of his daughter, poisoned! Mr. D had to punish someone."

"Besides himself, you mean," Percy growled. Just the thought of the camp director, made every camper angry even his own kids disliked their fathers attitude.

"But this is crazy!" Annabeth cried. "Chiron, you couldn't have had anything to do with poisoning Thalia's tree!"

"Nevertheless," Chiron sighed, "some in Olympus do not trust me now, under the circumstances." 

"What circumstances?" Percy asked.

Chiron's face darkened. He stuffed a Latin-English dictionary into his saddlebags while the Frank Sinatra music oozed from his, boom box? 

Tyson was staring at Chiron like a kid a candy shop I past by once during my travels. He whimpered like he wanted to pat Chiron's flank but was afraid to come closer. "Pony?"

Chiron sniffed. "My dear young Cyclops! I am a centaur"

"Chiron," Percy said "What about the tree? What happened?"

He shook his head sadly. "The poison used on Thalia's pine is something from the Underworld, Percy."

"What?" I asked "Chiron you taught me and Patroclus all about medicine, is there really nothing you can do?" 

Again he shook his head placing a hand on my shoulder "This is some venom even I have never seen. It must have come from a monster quite deep in the pits of Tartarus."

"Then we know who's responsible. Kro-"

"Do not invoke the titan lord's name, Percy. Especially not here, not now."

"Please the titan lord is in little pieces and only an invader of dreams right now. This has his pawn written all over it. Luke had to have done it that Traitor"

"Exactly" Percy said

But Chiron kept his gaze at me was it more concern?

"Perhaps," Chiron finally said. "But I fear I am being held responsible because I did not prevent it and I cannot cure it. The tree has only a few weeks of life left unless. . . .

"Unless what?" Annabeth finally spoke again

"No," Chiron said, "A foolish thought. The whole valley is feeling the shock of the poison. The magical borders are deteriorating. The camp itself is dying. Only one source of magic would be strong enough to reverse the poison and it was lost centuries ago."

"What is it?" Percy asked. "We'll go and find it!"

Chiron closed his saddlebag. He pressed the stop button his music device. Then he turned resting a hand on Percy shoulder, looking at him in the eyes. "Percy you must promise me that you will not act rashly. I told your mother I did not want you to come here at all this summer. It's much too dangerous. But now that you are here, stay here. Train hard. Learn to fight. But do not leave."

I wanted to speak up but I kept my mouth shut 

"Why?" Percy asked. "I want to do something! I can't just let the borders fail. The whole camp will be-"

"Overrun by monsters," Chiron said "Yes, I fear so. But you must not let yourself be baited into hasty action! This could be a trap of the titan lord. Remember last summer! He almost took you life." 

It was true. A person we thought was are friend tried to kill Percy. But I jumped in and fought him. But do to my curse by Hades, which I also found about last summer I could not kill him. Luke Castellan got away winning in the end. The poisoning had to be his doing. Who else would be so low as to attack Thalia's tree, the only thing left of a hero who'd given her life to save her friends? The next time we run into him I will—

Annabeth was trying hard not to cry. Chiron brushed a tear from her cheek. "Stay with Percy, child," he told her. "Keep him safe. The prophecy-remember it!" 

"I-I will."

"Um . . ." Percy said. "Would this be the super-dangerous prophecy that has me in it, but the gods have forbidden you to tell me about?"

Nobody answered. I really wanted to tell him about but I swore not to say anything until Chiron says so. 

"Right," Percy muttered. "Just checking."

"Chiron . . ." Annabeth said. "You told me the gods made you immortal only so long as you were needed to train heroes. If they dismiss you from camp-"

"Swear you will both do your best to keep Percy from danger," he insisted "Swear upon the River Styx."

"Great more swearing on my grandmother, but sure" I said. Percy looked at me funny "My mom's mom is Styx" which only confused him more.

"I swear it upon the River Styx," Annabeth and I said

Thunder rumbled scaring some of the campers.

"Very well," Chiron said. He seemed to relax just a little. "Perhaps my name will be cleared and I shall return. Until then, I go to visit my wild kinsmen in the Everglades. It's possible they know of some cure for the poisoned tree that I have forgotten. In any event, I will stay in exile until this matter is resolved . . . One way or another." 

Annabeth stifled a sob. Chiron patted her shoulder awkwardly. "There, now, child. I must entrust your safety to Mr. D and the new activities director. We must hope . . . well, perhaps they won't destroy the camp quite as quickly as I fear."

"Who's is this Tantalus guy, anyways?" Percy demanded "Where does he get off taking your job?"

A conch horn blew across the valley. We hadn't realized how late it was. It was time for the campers to assemble for dinner. 

"Go." Chiron said. "You will meet him at the pavilion. I will contact your mother, Percy and let her know you're safe. No doubt she'll be worried by now. Just remember my warning! You are in grave danger. Do not think for a moment that the titan lord has forgotten you!" 

He was about to enter the hall of the big house "Wait Chiron can we talk?" I said "In private?"

He nodded "Come inside child." 

I turned to the others "Go on guys I will catch with you in a bit"

They nodded hesitantly, but left either way with the cyclops screaming out "Pony! Don't go!" I could hear Percy trying to comfort not only Annabeth but Tyson as well.

I followed Chiron inside the big house getting nostalgic remembering the first night I arrived here. I was pretty beaten up the night broken hand, dislocated and broken shoulder for punching and taking a punch from the fruit of the loom wearing bull. Blood dripping down my palm when I had grabbed the glass of their window I kicked in, to cut the seat belt from Percy's mother. 

"You'll be missing dinner" Chiron said snapping me from thoughts.

"Dinner's the least of my worries." I said "Last summer I didn't bring it up, but I know about the great Prophecy. My mother Nike told it to me and how it might be connecting to Percy and—" I stopped myself from saying 'me' because I still don't understand how I play apart.

"I swore on the Styx's under my mother gaze not say anything to Percy until you deem it the right time," I said "But why keep him in the dark? I mean if we prepare him for what's to come, then he can be ready."

"It could also make him want to change his fate" he said. "You know what a prophecy can do to people."

I nodded my head in defeat "Yes they try their hardest to change it only making things worse. But even so. I know Percy's mother is worried about her child, but she needs to understand that Percy needs this. He needs to be apart of our world, he needs his training."

"I understand how you are feeling, so that is why you tasked with keeping him safe."

"Sir, that's my job the only reason I'm here" I said. "I'm just . . .  worried for him—for them. After last summer I don't want to see them hurt." 

I hadn't realized I had grabbed my left arm. Rubbing my bicep that was hidden underneath a layer of bandages. A habit I'd picked up when I felt down. Trying to find comfort from the only thing that would never turn their backs on me. I swear I could feel the dark ink that marked my skin was alive in way. 

Chiron taking a closer look at the demigod in front of him, he could see that the boy was suffering. He cupped the teen's chin making him look at his face. There were dark bags under his duel colored eyes. The patch like scar that went down from his forehead to just above his nose didn't do him any favors of hiding the bags. Chiron rubbed the scar  Y/n had received on his jawline from his encounter with Luke.

"Are you truly alright Y/n?" he asked "You've not been sleeping well have you? I also see that your wounds are taking longer to heal."

I took a step back away from him. "How could you tell?"

"Your back, there's blood seeping though you're shirt." 

I removed my shirt slowly as to not irritate my wounds. They were like wild slash marks from huge claws. Not only that I had a some bruises here and there. I was angry after losing a friend over the year, that I wanted to take my frustration out on the monsters that were loose in the city. 

"How did you get these?" Chiron asked about the claw marks. "They look a bit recent."

"Sphinx pounced on me from behind when I was busy fighting off giant cannibal" I said "Still dripping blood sometimes. I would try to sleep belly down but I took blunt force from a club on my abdomen giving me a bruise. I did get some sleep, but my dreams are constantly reminding me of my mistakes."

Chiron dug deep in his saddlebags pulling out a medium jar with an odd liquid inside it. He placed two of his fingers inside getting a good amount of coating. He began to rub the liquid on my claw marks sending chills up my spine. My wings fluttered uncomfortably. 

"What about the yelling from earlier?" he asked

"I don't know my head is a mess right now. I still haven't recovered all my memories completely I stopped reading my journal after getting distracted with the monsters. But when he touched my wing, I saw something way bigger than him smirking at me. I was brought out of it when Percy stood between us."

"The cyclops is but a baby, I doubt it would hurt a fly" he said. "Give the boy a chance, a bit of trust."

"No way, I won't give my trust to anyone not again. I finally learned my lesson on trusting people right away" I said bitterly. "My trust needs to be earned"

I could feel the cuts on my back go numb once he finished. I put on my shirt again flapping my wings through it. 

"Your still thinking about last summer?" he asked "Why not have Mr. D give you some therapy sessions?"

"Absolutely not!" I said "Sorry, I mean no thank you. Besides I doubt he will give us the light of day"

Chiron had finished packing "Well, if you need someone to talk to you have your friends. I'm sure Percy and Annabeth will listen you"

I nodded but deep down I didn't know if I could open up to them about my past.

"Go on child. You might even make it for dessert. Take care of yourself and if you can, train Percy back up to speed." he said placing something small in my hand.

When I opened it I saw it was a tiny square of Ambrosia the food of the gods that can heal almost every wound possible. 

"you had this yet gave me medicine?" I asked 

"Yes, but that ointment was to help numb and stop the scarring" he said with a chuckle.

I stepped out of the big house spreading my wings to full dropping some feathers. "Thanks, and I will Chiron you take care of yourself as well"

***

It wasn't a long flight.  I landed by the dinning pavilion getting more stares then needed. Juniper the dryad that helped me with Percy. Ran up to me with a plate and empty glass handing them to me. 

"Thanks Juniper good to see you again." 

I was about to sit down by the hearth like I did last year as my mother doesn't have a table.  

"If it is our flying mu—mix finally decided to join have you" Mr. D said "Now I have my millennium complete."

I rolled my eyes sighing "Hello to you to Mr. D, mind if I eat now?"

He was wearing his usual leopard-patterned Hawaiian shirt, walking shorts, and tennis shoes with black socks. Did he get more bloated over the summer? I really hope he can't read my mine. Next to him where Chiron usually stood, was someone I'd heard about, he was pale. A horribly thin man in a threadbare orange prisoner's suit. The number over his pocket read 0001. He had blue shadows under his eyes, dirty fingernails, and badly cut gray hair, like his last haircut had been done with a rusted blade. He stared at me; his eyes made me a bit nervous. He looked . . .fractured. Angry and frustrated and hungry all at the same time. 

I took some of the fruit on my plate looking him dead in the eyes savoring them with such joy. It made him lick his very dry lips. I know it wrong to joke around like this, but hey from one person to the next with a curse. I don't care. This guy tried to feed the gods. My mom. His dead son.

He cleared his throat "I've heard about you from my Lord Dionysus, you caused a lot of trouble last year. I expect you refrain from causing any more along with your friend Percy Jackson."

"Trouble huh?" I said "I hope you keep a close eye on me especially when I'm eating and drinking" I continued. Making my glass fill up with Red Kool-Aid taking a huge swig, staining my lips red. 

I sat down eating my food as they continued from where they left off.

Tantalus stood up slowly reaching for the food in front of him that inched away. He cursed silently. "And here on my first day of authority," He continued. "I'd like to say what a pleasant form of punishment it is to be here. Over the course of the summer, I hope to torture, er, interact with each and every one of you children. You all look good enough to eat."

Dionysus clapped politely, leading to some half hearted applause from the satyrs. The cyclops was standing by the head table, looking uncomfortable, but every time he tried to scoot out of the limelight, Tantalus pulled him back. 

"And now some changes!" Tantalus gave the campers a crooked smile. "We are reinstituting the chariot races!"

The made me choke on my drink. The last Chariot race I remember was Heracles killing about 6 out of the 10 racers. With just his brute strength and the casual wheel to wheel maneuver he did.

Murmuring broke out at all tables-excitement, fear, disbelief.

"Now I know," Tantalus continued, raising his voice, "that these races were discontinued some years ago here due to, ah, technical problems."

"THEY HAD THEM HERE" I thought 

"Three deaths and twenty-six mutilations," someone form the Apollo table called.

"Dear gods" I thought 

"Yes, yes!" Tantalus said. "But I know that you all join me in welcoming the return of this camp tradition. Golden laurels will go to the winning charioteers each month. Teams may register in the morning! The first will be held in three days time. We will release you from the most of your regular activities to prepare you chariots and choose your horses. Oh and did I mention, the victorious team's cabin will have no chores for the month in which they win?"

An explosion of excited cheers roared around the center fire rattling my head. Then the last person I would ever expect to object did so. 

"But sir!" Clarisse said. She looked nervous, but she stood up to speak from the Ares table. Some of the campers snickered when they saw the YOU MOO, GIRL! sign on her back. "What about the patrol duty? I mean, if we drop everything to ready our chariots—"

"Ah, the hero of the day," Tantalus exclaimed. "Brave Clarisse, who single-handedly bested the bronze bulls!"

I chuckled knowing all she did was get herself and her team hurt.

Clarisse blinked, then blushed. "Um, I didn't-" 

"And modest, too" Tantalus grinned. "Not to worry, my dear! This is a summer camp. We are here to enjoy ourselves, yes?"

"But the tree-"

"And now," Tantalus said, as several of Clarisse's cabin mates pulled her back into her seat, "before we proceed to the campfire and sing-along, one slight housekeeping issue. Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase have seen fit, for some reason, to bring this here." Tantalus waved a hand towards Tyson.

Uneasy murmuring spread among the campers. A lot of sideways looks towards Percy. He looked ready to kill the guy. 

"Now, of course," He said "Cyclopes have a reputation for being bloodthirsty monsters with a very small brain capacity. Under normal circumstances, I would release this beast into the woods and have you hunt it down with torches and pointed sticks. But who knows? Perhaps this cyclops is not as horrible as most of its brethren. Until it proves worthy of destruction, we need a place to keep it! I've thought about the stables, but that will make the horses nervous. Hermes's cabin, possibly?"

Silence at the Hermes table. Travis and Conner Stoll a sudden interest in the tablecloth. I could not blame them, this is a literal Cyclops, no way he would fit inside with all those unclaimed. 

"Come now," Tantalus chided. "The monster may be able to do some menial chores. Any suggestions as to where such a beast should be kenneled?"

Suddenly everybody gasped. I stood up dropping my fork "Not again. . ." I said confused at myself. 

Tantalus scooted away from Tyson in surprise. All I could do was stare in disbelief at the brilliant green light that was about to change Percy's life and my own uncomforted. A dazzling holographic image that had appeared above Tyson's head. 

Percy looked like he was about to be sick. Swirling over Tyson was a glowing green trident-the same symbol that appeared above him last summer when Poseidon had claimed him as his son. 

There was a moment of awed silence.

Being claimed was rare event. Some campers waited in vain for it their whole lives. When Percy was claimed by Poseidon last summer, everyone had reverently knelt. As for me well you know. But now, they followed Tantalus's lead, and Tantalus roared with laughter. "Well! I think we know where to put the beast now. By the gods, I can see the family resemblance!" 

Everybody laughed except Me, Annabeth and a few other of Percy's friends. 

Tyson didn't seem to notice. He was too mystified, trying to swat the glowing trident that was now fading over his head. He was too innocent to understand how much they were making fun of him, how cruel people were. . . 

I could finally see it in myself. . . I was no better than Heracles and his bullying against me. Yet, still I could not bring myself to accept a cyclops as a friend. Something inside me kept me from doing so. 

Looking down at Parádeisos my weapon in the form of a bracelet with three bands of gold. Each incrusted with the symbol of each form. which usually vibrates to warn me about danger. Was as still as the statues the gorgon queen made. 

I last my appetite tossing the rest as a late offering to which ever god wanted something to smell. 

"What now?"

***

I promised a weekend upload and I don't go back on my word. . .unless schools says so. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 86 12
She's the Tear in My Heart When daughter of Aphrodite, Azalea Kim and son of Poseidon, Percy Jackson are chosen for a quest to find Zeus's Master Bo...
58.2K 2.5K 38
ON HIATUS (26/03/2024: I will be back as soon as possible, but uni is keeping me very busy, so I can't say when, sorry) SEQUEL TO THE PATH OF GLORY "...
61.1K 1.9K 93
Theo Miller was a normal kid, or so he thought... The Lightning Thief: ✅ The Sea of Monsters: ✅ The Titan's Curse: ✅ The Battle of the Labyrinth: ✅ T...
16.9K 916 16
𓅫 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐄𝐋.(inf) Something capable of inducing nightmares, highly disturbing. ❝ She walked with darkness dripping off her shou...