The New Monarch (Human! Bowse...

By Aninayrt2

(F/n) leads a peaceful and calm life in the Mushroom Kingdom and shares a strong bond of friendship with the... More

❛ Author's Note ❜
[1] Please Hear Me Out!
[2] Do Tell
[3] The Fire Inside
[4] On Your Merry Way
[5] Burnt On Arrival
[6] The King Of The Koopas
[7] Her Assistance
[8] While In The Waiting Room...
[9] A New Mama?!
[10] But Wait, There's More!
❛ Author's Note ❜
[11] First Day: ✔
[12] In This Illusion
[13] Happy Stomachs = Happy Family
[14] A Blooming Affection
[15] One On One
[16] Mornings Like This
[17] Duties Remain
[18] Close Yet Far
[19] Shell, Bomb, And Spirit
[20] Lighten The Load
❛ Author's Note ❜
→ New Story! ←
[21] A Brief Pause
[22] Taming A Scaly Beast
[23] Retrieval
[24] Is Change Possible?
[25] Twelve Years Ago
[26] Our Differences
[27] Groundwork
[28] Sweeter Than Sugar
[29] Celebration Creation
[30] Bowser Junior's Lullaby
❛ Author's Note ❜
[31] King Of The Ghosts
[32] An Aphrodisiac Mishap
[33] Get Well Soon
[34] Scum Of The World
[35] A Dire Situation
[36] The Old Monarch
[37] 2-Up
[38] Aid From Primates
[39] The Orange Gal
[40] Jealously Is An Ugly Thing
❛ Author's Note ❜
[41] Hummingbird
[42] 1 v. 7
[43] His Hollow Carapace
[44] Words From A Fruit
[45] Matrimony Pry
[46] Apols
[47] Change Is Possible
[48] Lava Tears
[49] The Undead Counterpart
[50] Daddy's Home
❛ Author's Note ❜
[51] (F/n) Is In Another Castle!
[52] Through Kaleidoscope Eyes
[53] March
[54] Conflict Among Brothers
[55] Game Over
[56] Retrieval Pt. 2
[57] Taking A Breather
[58] The Mushroom Ball
[59] Then, Now, And Forever
[60] A Scorching Wish
❛ Author's Note ❜
[61] Redamancy
[62] First Date Jitters
[63] The Koopaling's Blessing
[64] Jump Up, Don't Be Scared
[65] Woman
❀ You're Invited! ❀

→ 50k One-Shot Special! ←

665 41 9
By Aninayrt2

A Princess And The Frog AU

❌ Not Canon To The Current Story! ❌

❤️️ Thank you all so much for over 50k reads and counting! ❤️️

ღ Enjoy~! ღ

"The king's gone missing!" The screeching voice of the king's right-hand man, Kamek, echoes through the castle. 

What am I going to do?!

I can't find him anywhere! 

This isn't good..!

"Kamek?" A small, frial voice counters Kamek's. Not looking down by far, the king's youngest son, Junior, appears behind him. "Where's my papa?" He asks softly. 

Being only seven years old at this time, the boy picked up possible danger and distress reasonably quickly. Most likely inheriting it from his father. 

"Young master..." Kamek says his nerves conflicted about whether he should worry more or be revealed at the sight of the king's child, who was safe and sound, which the monarch cherished more than anything. He picks him up in his arms and tries to calm down. "You don't know either..." 

Junior looks at Kamek, confused. 

"Don't worry! I'll find him in no time!" he confidently tells the boy, trying to rock him to sleep but to no avail. Kamek sighs in defeat and takes Junior with him. 

They travel to his magic room to see if anything would help locate the king. "What a terrible time for this," Kamek mumbles, setting the child down on a chair specifically for Junior. "He has an important meeting with the neighboring kingdom's monarch and goes missing before then; what a pain..." He shuffles through the shelves filled with potions and books, not fully paying attention to Junior, who's now halfway down the chair, and exits the room. "Seriously, this is important to-." Kamek turns back around to see the boy gone and out of sight. 

Oh, cuss...

Junior exits the castle and avoids all guards and lingering castle staff, going to the place he's always wanted to explore. 

The castle gardens.

He encounters the fountain in the center of the exciting beauty of the flora surrounding it. "Papa?" the child questions aloud, wandering and searching through the plants and flowers until he bumps into something that blocks his way, causing him to stumble back and fall to the ground. 

It's a delayed reaction, but he starts crying right there on the spot. 

"Oh, please don't cry!" A comforting voice speaks to the sad child. "It's okay!"

Junior stops, looking up with tear-filled eyes, and sees a person—not just any person, but a girl. To top it all off, she's wearing a beautiful dress. 

Almost like she's a... 

"I'm Princess (F/n)! What's your name?" You crouch down, offering a hand up to the boy. 

He sniffles and takes your hand. "Junior, Bowser Jr..." 

"Bowser? Junior?" You repeat his words. "You're the king's son..." You smile brightly. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" You question worryingly. 

"No, but my papa's gone, and I can't find him anywhere!" He starts crying again louder than before, realizing the weight of his worry. 

"Don't cry, baby! It's going to be alright!" You pull him into your arms and carry him. "I'll help you find your dad, okay?" You coo softly as the child calms down. 

"Okay..." He mumbles quietly, getting comfortable in your arms rather quickly. 

You carry Junior back to the gardens from which he came, and you lingered around before he bumped into you.

Truth be told, you were already here after a short period to meet with his father on an important matter that would take place in less than two hours. 

With this dilemma now taking place, the meeting has to wait. 

"Where did you last see your dad, Junior?" You ask while still carrying the child in your arms, walking around and scanning the area for signs of the Koopa King.

"I saw him talking to Kamek not that long ago..." He mumbles, his tiny eyes searching along with yours. 

"Who's Kamek?" You ask as you sit on the ledge of the stone fountain.

"He's my magical grandpa!" Junior proudly exclaims, making him bounce on your lap. 

"I didn't know the Koopa King had his father with him," you comment, setting the boy down next to you and holding his hand so he doesn't fall into the fountain. 

"He's not my papa's papa exactly, but I consider him my grandpa because he's old and wise!" 

"You don't say?" 

He nods happily. "He takes good care of us..." Junior trails off, being pulled back to what he was worrying about in the first place. "Oh, where are you, papa?!" He shouts and gets up. 

You try to calm him until a chunky lizard lays beside the child, and he nearly steps on it. Pointing out the creature to Junior immediately stops him, and curiosity fills his red eyes. 

Upon closer inspection, it's a yellow, green, and orange turtle. Sharp spikes cover his outer shell. 

Junior wants to pick it up, but you stop him for fear that he might get hurt. 

You pick the turtle instead, observe it, and grin. "Aren't you a cute little fella?" You move carefully and show the boy. 

"Wow!" He beams. "It's wearing the same colors as my papa!" Junior points out that, you see, he's right. 

You both until you hear a voice in the distance. You and Junior turn toward it and see that it's what you assume to be Kamek running toward you two. 

The small man stops and tries to catch his breath. "There you are, young master..." He pants out, lifting his head back up, and fixes himself to speak properly. "I think I know what happened with the king." Kamek lifts an empty glass potion bottle but pauses when he sees you, failing to know who you are at first glance. "Princess (F/n)," He bows. "I'm sorry; the Koopa King is missing right now and won't be able to talk to you until he reappears." 

"Hello, and yes, I'm aware." You motion to the child beside you, who holds onto the side of your puffy dress. "Junior made sure of that." 

"I'm glad you found each other—" His eyes linger on your hands as he speaks and widen when he sees the turtle you hold. "Oh..."

You glance at where he's looking at. "What's wrong?" You hold up the creature, and Kamek adjusts his glasses. 

"Sire, what have you gotten yourself to?" The man says, causing you and Junior to widen your eyes. 

"What?!" You both exclaim in sync. 

Kamek shows the bottle again. "It seems he got a little handy with my potions, and this one got onto him and turned him into that," He points out, a sly grin forming. "I have a theory about what happened, but I'd like to hear it from him." 

"How will you do that?" You question. 

"More like how you will." Kamek throws the question back to you, causing you to tilt your head. "The cure for the potion he accidentally took is simple and requires your help." 

You nod eagerly. "Yes! Anything-."

"You need to kiss the Koopa King." 

...

"Say what?!" You question in shock, while Junior asks in excitement. 

"Yes, you see," He explains while lifting the bottle and showing the label. "It can only be broken by the kiss of a fair maiden!" 

You blink several times before replying. "Don't you make these potions? Why would you set the cure for that?" 

"I made it a long time ago. I never planned for anyone to use it, but as you can see, things have gone astray..."

You look down at Bowser's turtle form. 

He can't speak, but you can tell he's nervous. 

You sigh, lifting the Koopa King and holding him near your face. "I can't believe I'm doing this..." Hesitating for a second, you pull him close and kiss the top of his head. 

It takes a minute, but nothing happens. 

"What's going on? I thought-." 

Suddenly, a big puff of smoke fills the area. 

The tiny turtle in your hands starts growing and changing its shape. 

In an instant, a full-size person stands before you, and as the smoke clears, you see the imposing figure of the Koopa King. 

"It worked!" Kamek cheers in amazement. "I can't believe it..."

"Yay! Papa's back!" Junior runs up to his father and embraces him tightly, overjoyed to see him back to his old self.

"It appears so..." Bowser comments, bending them to grab his son and hold him in his arms. "And it's all thanks to the fair Princess (F/n)."

Despite his fearsome reputation, he's very handsome, and you can't help but feel a little flustered in his presence. "I don't know what I did exactly, but you are very welcome!"

"Sire..." Kamek quickly interrupts the moment, demanding an explanation from Bowser on how he ended up in this predicament.

Bowser nervously chuckles. "I don't know what you're-."

"I know you went into the potion room and got something you weren't supposed to!" Kamek snaps suddenly, surprising his master. "Any comment?" 

The man gulps. "Uh, I have butter fingers..?" The Koopa King tries to play it off as a simple mistake, but Kamek isn't having it. "Not in front of her, please..." Bowser mouths, facing away from you.

"Sorry, sire. But you have to face the consequences of your clumsy actions." The man states, pushing him aside and facing you. "The dear king was snooping around in my area, in what I assume to make himself appear and smell more desirable for the meeting with you because right next to the potion he spilled on himself was the happily ever after potion."

You and Kamek stare at Bowser, who slowly walks away from the conversation until he stops in his tracks, knowing full well that all eyes are on him. 

"Is that true?" You interject, trying to ease the tension by speaking in a cutesy tone. 

"Would you think less of me if I said yes?" 

You shake your head. "On the contrary, I'd think more of you than I already do." You smile, settling his nerves at ease.

He lets out a heavy sigh. "Then yes, I'll admit it...."

Kamek smiles slyly.

"All I saw on the label was 'beauty divine' and so, naturally, I thought-."

"Who takes a potion without reading all of the fine print?!" Kamek scolds his master again.

You, Junior, and even Bowser point at the Koopa King.

The man sighs and shakes his head. "But what you didn't read because you turned into a turtle on that same potion that spilled on you is that it wasn't meant to be cured by the kiss of a 'fair maiden'." He pauses, peaking everyone's curiosity. "It's meant to be broken by the receiver's true love!" 

... 

Your heart races, hardly believing what you hear from Kamek's mouth. 

"What?!" Bowser and Junior exclaim in unison, clearly taken aback by your words.

You feel your face flush with embarrassment as you hide its top half with your hands. "I'm... your true love?" you say, barely above a whisper.

"B-b-but...!" Bowser stammers, clearly caught off guard.

You reach out and place a reassuring hand on his shoulder, calming him down. "Is that why you called me here today for an 'important meeting?" You ask, trying to ease the tension.

He scratches the back of his head sheepishly. "Yes...I'd like to know you better..."

You can't help but smile at his nervousness. "Of course, you don't need any potion to make you desirable. Any effort you make to receive my attention is worthy of it," you say, hoping to put him at ease.

"Princess..." Bowser mumbles, looking down and seeing your hands intertwine with his.

Suddenly, Kamek notices the time and quickly picks up Junior, leaving the two of you alone. 

You lean in closer, unable to resist any longer, and the last thing you see is each other's faces before your lips meet in a tender kiss.

♥ THE END ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 422 12
Luigi has a secret. A big secret. He's in love with a guy. Even worse, it's his brothers arch-enemy. But, he has a plan. A stupid one, but still a pl...
68.7K 2.1K 41
What if Bowser adopted a human child? What if that human was you? You desperately try to become experienced enough to help with your fathers cause ag...
13.4K 161 31
Luigi and his chance meeting with the girl of his dreams, but there is competition to get her. Can he handle it? Story Complete! Total of 32 chapters...
31.7K 891 35
Sequel to my previous Bowser X Reader, it won't make a lot of sense if you haven't read it. Credit to LonlyDemonic, who created the awesome cover! Th...