The Fiancée | Adrien Agreste

By AlphaStilinski13

Adrien Agreste is not single, not according to his father. Isabella De Luca is not single, not according to h... More

Coming Soon
Chapter 1: Origins Part 1
Chapter 3: Stormy Weather
Chapter 4. The Bubbler

Chapter 2: Origins Part 2

667 37 31
By AlphaStilinski13

Everyone paused as Nadja updated Paris on the mysterious stone creatures that were dispersed around the city. She stood to the side of a picture of one of Stoneheart's minions, tablet in hand.

"The stone beings are scattered all over Paris, and for the time being, they are showing no signs of movement." She said, showing a variety of pictures. "Police have cordoned off the area."

The screen changed to show André standing alongside Officer Roger. "We won't stop until we find a way to get these people back to their normal selves, but for now, we're not making much headway."

The camera flipped back to Nadja standing next to a photo of Ladybug and Cat Noir. "Paris is relying on our new guardian angels, Ladybug and Cat Noir, to save us all. Our lives depend on them."

***

Marinette stood by her father, watching the TV as he washed the dishes. Tom turned around and put his arm on Marinette's shoulder.

"Listen, I know how upsetting and scary this is, but don't worry, sweetie; we've got two superheroes looking out for Paris, and the best way of helping them is to show them that we're not scared, because we trust them." He said, raising his fist and scrunched his face with confidence and faith.

"But what if Ladybug fails?" She asked, looking down in shame. She had failed as a superhero; she knew she wasn't meant for this.

"Then I'd come and save you." Tom said, holding a piece of sword as a sword. "Super Baker to the rescue!" He joked.

Marinette giggled and reached up to give her father a peck on the cheek. "Thanks, Super Dad!" She ran up her room and grabbed her purse, pausing for a moment to look at her vanity drawer where she kept her Miraculous. She opened the drawer and contemplated taking the case the Miraculous is in. Then, she placed the case in her purse with certainty. She knew exactly what to do with it.

***

Nathalie waited for Adrien in the dining room.

"Hmm, what's he doing?" Nathalie asked, the clock chimed once; she looked for Adrien in his room but he wasn't there. "Adrien?" She called out. But there was no answer. She had to tell Gabriel and he was not going to be happy.

Gabriel stood near the staircase and entrance of the home, Nathalie and Adrien's bodyguard stood side by side; Gabriel was not pleased. "You didn't see him leave? If anything has happened to my son, you'll be held responsible!" He yelled.

***

While his father was yelling at his bodyguard and Nathalie, Adrien was running to school. He wanted a normal childhood, to have a normal childhood, he needed to go to school where there were other teens his age.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this." Adrien said on the phone, he was talking to Isabella.

"I'm proud of you Adri, you're taking control of your life. Don't worry, once I get there, I'll make sure that you have a somewhat normal childhood." She promised.

"You're such a strange kid. Who would want to be at school when he can stay at home all day?" Plagg asked from inside of Adrien's jacket.

"You don't get it, Plagg. I've had enough of being shut up at home by my dad. I want to meet people and make friends! Go to a normal school like everyone else!" Adrien said.

Plagg sighed. "Uhhh, I think I'm feeling weak..."

"You know what's strange?" Adrien asked, he stopped running; unhooked his bag and grabbed a wedge of Camembert. "The fact that all you eat is this disgusting, rotten-smelling Camembert cheese, and then I have to smell like it 24/7. That's strange." He said, disgusted.

"If you want to be able to transform into a superhero, then stinky cheese is the deal, my friend!" Plagg said.

"Adrien, you're going to be late for school." Isabella said, in a sing-song tune.

Adrien started running again.

***

At said school, Alya and Marinette were talking about Alya's blog.

"Ladyblog." Alya said, handing her phone to Marinette. "Bringing you all the latest news about the coolest superhero, Ladybug! How awesome is that?!" She said, taking her phone back. "Check out the number of views since I posted the video!"

"But why do you trust Ladybug so much? All these stone beings..." Marinette asked.

"She's gonna handle 'em." Alya said, confidently.

"But what if she's not really cut out to be a superhero even though everyone thinks she is?" Marinette asked.

"What are you talking about, girl?" Alya asked. But then she came to a realisation. "Oh, wait. I know what this is about." Marinette was flustered, did Alya know? She was scared about what her friend was about to say. "You're scared, but don't be! I've seen her with my own two eyes, girl! Ladybug is a true superheroine! She's going to protect us all! I believe in her." Marinette was relieved, Alya didn't know. But now, she was filled with confidence at her friend's words. She was a superhero, she was amazing. She was Ladybug. As she walked with Alya, she noticed a group gathered around Ivan.

"So, you really don't remember anything?" Alix asked him.

"You were totally going ballistic. It was so cool!" Juleka said.

"You were seriously out to crush me, dude!" Kim said.

"Oh, I'm sorry... I wasn't myself..." Ivan apologised.

"Pff!" Chloé scoffed at Ivan's words. "Once a monster, always a monster." Ivan became furious at her words. The word 'monster' echoed through his mind as he marched away. Chloé continued to make fun of him as he left. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" Isabella would be very disappointed in her.

***

A window lighten a dark room. It was Hawk Moth, he was feeling Ivan's emotions, this was his chance. "Yes... feel the burn of those words. Lose your temper, Ivan! Your akuma awaits you." He tapped on the cane that held the akuma made for Ivan.

***

Outside the school Adrien ran up the steps to the front door. But before he could enter, Nathalie made it to the school.

"Adrien! Don't do this! Your father will be furious!" Nathalie said.

"Tell him you got here too late. Please!" Adrien begged. Nathalie sighed and he took that chance to run inside the school.

***

"How could you say that to Ivan? You're the real Stoneheart." Alya yelled at Chloé

"Ugh, so I'm the one who broke Sabrina's dad's arm, am I? Just because your footage of those lame superheroes was shown on TV, doesn't mean you have to get so high and mighty." Chloé said, blowing a bubble gum at her. Alya did not like that action.

"You little..." Alya took a step forward.

"Look out, she's angry! She's going to split her underwear and turn into a huge muscly monster!" Chloé yelled. Alya huffed and walked off, not wanting to talk to her anymore.

"Hey, Chloé!" Adrien walked in.

"Adrikins! You came!" Chloé cheered. But this made other students pay attention and rush over to him, shouting in recognition.

***

Nathalie sighed. She knew this would be what Emilie would have wanted for Adrien. Nathalie got back into the car and looked at the bodyguard. "I'll handle it." She told him, the bodyguard nodded. Happy that she let Adrien go to school.

***

Adrien ran to the locker room, needing to get away from everyone asking for his autograph. That was one of the things he hated being famous, the constant autographs. He sighed, relieved that he could take a breath. He looked around and saw Ivan - the boy who had turned into Stoneheart - sitting on the ground, looking down with his headphones on.

"Hi." Adrien said, bringing Ivan's attention to him. "I'm Adrien." He introduced himself.

"I'm Ivan. Are you hiding?"

Adrien nodded. "Yeah, I am. Loads of people asking for my autograph and I just got overwhelmed. What about you?" Adrien asked, moving to sit beside him.

"Just hiding from everyone. I got turned into a villain named Stoneheart, and everyone scared that I'm going to turn again... especially Mylène." He whispered the last sentence, not knowing that Adrien had heard him.

"You know, you should tell Mylène how you feel." Adrien suggested.

"I... don't know what you're talking about." Ivan denied.

"I could tell by the way you didn't like the fact that she might be scared of you turning into Stoneheart. You didn't mention anyone specific, only her." Ivan looked down, making Adrien panicking, thinking he was feeling negative. "No negative emotions, Ivan. What I mean is, be positive. I'm sure Mylène has feelings for you too. Go talk to her."

Ivan shook his head. "I'm no good with words anyway."

"But... who needs words? You could draw her a picture, send her flowers..." Adrien suggested.

"I could... write her a song?" Ivan asked.

Adrien smiled. "That's a great idea! What girl wouldn't want a love song written especially for her? Go for it, Ivan, and, stay positive." He said before Ivan ran off, excited.

***

Hawk Moth tightened his fist in anger. Ivan's negative emotion were disappearing. "Negative emotions... They're fading! Ughhhh..." Hawk Moth complained.

***

Now, it was time for Miss Bustier's class. Adrien and Chloé entered the room after he had finished signing autographs in the hallway.

"Could I have your autograph, please?" A random boy asked.

"Adrien, can I have an autograph, Adrien, I'm a huge fan!" A girl asked.

"Wow. This is your seat, Adrikins. I saved it for you. Right in front of me!" Chloé smiled, ignoring the people around her.

"Thanks, Chloé." Adrien smiled and sat next to his seat buddy. "Uh... Hey! Adrien." Adrien introduced himself and offered his hand for Nino to shake.

"You're friends with Chloé, then, huh?" Nino asked, shaking his hand.

Adrien saw Chloé and Sabrina putting gum on a seat. "Hey! What's that all about?" He asked.

"The brats that sat here yesterday need a little attitude adjustment. I'm just commanding a bit of respect, that's all." Chloé shrugged

"You think that's really necessary?" Adrien asked.

"Ah, you've got a lot to learn about school culture, Adrikins. Watch the master." Chloe said.

"Isa's not going to be happy."

Chloé's eyes widen. "Don't tell her!"

***

Outside Miss Bustier's classroom, Marinette was trying to sneak the Ladybug Miraculous into Alya's bag.

"Alya, wouldn't you like to be a superhero and go out and fight monsters and villains?" She asked.

"Totally! I'm not scared of anyone! Why?" Alya said.

"Oh! No reason..." Marinette shook her head, and snuck the Miraculous into Alya's bag.

***

When the two friends walked into Miss Bustier's classroom, Marinette saw Adrien picking at the gum in her seat, in her mind, he was putting the gun om her chair.

"Hey! What are you doing?" She yelled.

"Uhhh..." Adrien paused. Chloé and Sabrina laughed.

"Okay. I get it. Good job, you three. Very funny." Marinette said, sarcastically.

"No, no, I was just trying to take this off!" Adrien tried to explain, but she didn't believe him.

"Oh, really?" She scoffed.

Chloé and Sabrina continued to laugh, not even helping him.

"You're friends with Chloé, right?" Marinette asked.

Adrien looked sad. "Why do people keep saying that?" He whined. Marinette huffed, like a child throwing a tantrum and Adrien returned to his seat.

"Now do you see what I mean about respect?" Chloé smirked.

"I know I've seen him somewhere before." Marinette muttered to Alya. She googled his name on her phone and saw images of him with Gabriel Agreste on Aly's phone. "Of course! He's the son of my fave fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste!"

"Daddy's boy, teen supermodel, AND Chloé's buddy? Ha! Forget it." Alya laughed.

"Why didn't you tell them it was Chloé's idea?" Nino whispered to Adrien.

"I've known Chloé since I was a little kid. I know she's not perfect, but I can't throw her under the bus. She's like my only friend." Adrien said.

"I'm Nino, and it's time for you to make some new friends, dude." He said, offering his hand to Adrien for a handshake, which he accepted.

***

Meanwhile, at the locker room, Mylène was leaving the bathroom. "Oh no, I'm gonna be late." She muttered before seeing Ivan in front of her. "Ahh! Ivan, you scared me."

Ivan was hesitant. He wasn't sure how he was going to do this or how she would react. "I made this for you." Ivan took a deep breath and started loud music and sang in a loud, shrill voice, reading the lyrics, scaring the girl. "Mylène, be serene, don't be so mean!"

Mylène ran away, scared. Ivan watched as she ran and became angry, he waded up his lyric sheet, threw his music-playing phone on the floor and stepped on it. He slowly sat on the ground, filled with negative emotions.

***

Now it was time. Sensing the overwhelming negative emotions from the young boy, Hawk Moth summoned an akuma and sent it on its way. "Yes. This is what I've been waiting for. You know the way, evil akuma. Track down your prey! Fly away and evilize him!"

***

Back in the locker room, Ivan's negative emotions were still overwhelming. He had scared Mylène. He was a monster. The akuma flew in through an open window and infected Ivan's wadded-up song lyrics. "This is your second chance, Stoneheart, and this time you have extra help. No one will stop you from capturing the love of your life. Just remember, I'll need something in return." Hawk Moth's voice echoed in his mind. Ivan accepted the akuma and was akumatized into Stoneheart again. He opened his eyes and all the other stone beings across Paris started to wake up.

***

Miss Bustier was checking her attendance.

"Agreste, Adrien?" She called out.

"You say 'present'." Nino whispered to Adrien.

Adrian jumped out of his seat with his hand raised. "Uh, present!" All the other students laughed at the action; Adrien sat down embarrassed but Nino gave him a fist-bump, making him feel better.

"Bourgeois, Chloé?" Miss Bustier said.

"Present!" Chloé smiled.

"Bruel, Ivan?" Miss Bustier called out.

Just as she called his name, Stoneheart broke down the door. "Present! Mylène?" Chaos erupted as Ivan grabbed Mylène and took her. Adrien ran out of the room, he needed to transformed.

"Let go of me, Ivan!" Mylène demanded.

"I'm not Ivan anymore. I'm Stoneheart." Stoneheart said.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"So, you and I can be together forever!" He answered.

Chloé rang her father. "Daddy, the monster is back!" Flashbacks of Chloé's teasing rushed through Stoneheart's mind and he decided that she should suffer. Stoneheart grabbed Chloé; he broke the wall and jumped out of the school.

"Put us down, Ivan!" Mylène demanded.

Alya looked at Marinette. "Come on! Let's follow him!"

"Uh... Oh, no. You go. I'm finding myself a safe place to hide." Marinette demanded. She knew that she was just going to ruin things again.

"Girl, you're gonna miss Ladybug in action!" Alya said.

Marinette picked up Alya's bag, and held it out for her. "You and Ladybug will both be better off without me."

"If you say so!" Without any hesitation, Alya ran out of the room, in doing so, she left her bag... and the Ladybug Miraculous that Marinette was going to her.

"Wait! Your bag!" Marinette yelled, running after Alya.

***

In the locker room, Adrien was talking to Plagg by his open locker.

"My first day of school and I don't even make it past roll call." Adrien complained.

"A day off? Now that's what I'm talking about!" Plagg cheered.

Adrien's phone dinged; he had gotten a message. He opened it and saw a message from Isabella. "I saw the news. Go save Paris, my Chaton."

Adrien smiled. He was ready. "Plagg, claws out!" He said, transforming into Cat Noir.

***

Outside the school, Stoneheart was holding Mylène and Chloé captive.

"You have no idea who you're dealing with. My daddy, the mayor, will bring in the police, the army, the entire cavalry!" Chloé yelled.

"And don't forget the superheroes!" Cat Noir appeared on the scene and hit Stoneheart with his staff, but he had forgotten one thing... Stoneheart gets bigger when something hits him. "Oh no. My bad."

"Ugh. Super incompetent, you mean." Chloé complained.

"Ugh! You wanted the cavalry? Well, here it is!" Stoneheart yelled as the stone beings ran amok and surrounded Cat Noir. "Seize him!"

Each being ran to Car Noir, reaching for him, but he dodged each attempt. Mylène watched Cat Noir.

"Watch out!" Stoneheart walked off, with both girls in his hand. "Ivan! Where are we going?"

"To deliver a message. Then we'll be brought together forever by a pretty black butterfly." Stoneheart answered.

"Ugh. All this lovey-dovey stuff is making me sick." Chloé scoffed.

Stoneheart turned his head to Chloé "Don't worry, little monster. I'm gonna take care of you, too." Chloé cringed.

***

Alya ran to where Stoneheart and Cat Noir were battling. But Ladybug was nowhere to be seen.

"If you can hear me, Ladybug, I could use a little help!" Cat Noir yelled.

"What's she waiting for?" Alya muttered, looking around

Marinette saw the stone beings. One of them knocked over a car which was about to hit Alya... but Cat Noir threw his staff to save her. It stopped the car from crushing her, but it trapped her and a stone being kidnapped Cat Noir.

"Let go, you rockhead!" He demanded.

"HELP!!" Alya yelled. Marinette was suddenly filled with courage... Alya needed her... she got the case out of Alya's bag and put on the Miraculous. Tikki appeared, expecting Alya, but was happy to see Marinette again.

"I think I need Ladybug!" Marinette said.

"I knew you'd come around!" Tikki smiled.

"Well, I'm still not sure I'm up for this, but Alya's in danger. I can't sit back and do nothing." Marinette explained. "Tikki, spots on! Ha!" She yelled and was transformed into Ladybug. She threw her yo-yo and pulled the car, freeing Alya. "You can't stay here. It's too dangerous." She told her. Ladybug followed the trail of stone beings; they reached out for her but she avoided them and threw Cat Noir's staff back to him. "Cat Noir! Extend it!" She yelled, he extended his staff and jumped out of the stone being's hand to the ground. Using her yo-yo, she pulled him to safety, hanging upside down. "Sorry I was late." She apologised.

"Ladybug, have I ever told you, you turn my world upside down?" He joked.

"Oh, you're quite the jokester, aren't you?" She joked, a small blush trailing to her cheeks, then she saw the stone beings closing in. "But your comedic timing needs work. We have to get out of here!"

"Hey, aren't we going to take care of 'em?" Cat Noir asked.

Ladybug used her yo-yo as a phone, showing him the news of the helicopter footage of the original Stoneheart. "No. If we want to save them all, then we go to the source. That one!"

***

Stoneheart stood at the top of the Eiffel Tower, with the police surrounding him.

"I demand my daughter's safe return!" André demanded through a megaphone.

"Daddy!!" Chloé yelled.

"You know what? You're welcome to her!" Stoneheart grunted as he threw Chloé towards her father.

Chloé screamed as she was thrown and André screamed in fright.

"Help! I promise I'll be nice to everyone, say please and thank you all-AH!" She yelped as Cat Noir caught her. "I didn't promise." She denied.

"What?" Cat Noir questioned. But Chloé didn't give him an answer, instead she ran straight to her father and hugged him.

"My little princess..." André whispered as he hugged her.

"We're clear to attack!" Roger yelled.

Cat Noir stood on top of a police car with Ladybug by his side. "Wait! No, don't attack them! You know it'll only make it worse!" He said.

"I have a new plan, unlike you! Move aside and let the pros do their thing. You've already failed once!" Roger refused to listen.

"...He's right, you know. If I had captured Stoneheart's akuma the first time around, none of this would have happened! I knew I wasn't the right one for this job..." Ladybug said to her partner.

"No. He's wrong, because without you, we won't have any way to purify the akuma and because without us, they won't make it, and we'll prove that to them. Trust me on this. Okay?"

"Okay." Ladybug nodded.

Stoneheart coughed and spat out a swarm of akumas that formed Hawk Moth's face. "People of Paris, listen carefully. I am Hawk Moth."

"Hawk Moth?" Cat Noir and Ladybug repeated.

"Ladybug, Cat Noir, give me the ladybug earrings and the cat ring now. You've done enough damage to these innocent people!" Hawk Moth said, angering Cat Noir.

He clapped sarcastically and walked forward. "Nice try, Hawk Moth, but we know who the bad guy is. Let's not reverse the roles here. Without you, none of these innocent victims would be transformed into villains. Hawk Moth, no matter how long it takes, we will find you, and YOU will hand us YOUR Miraculous!" Cat Noir looked at Ladybug and gestured for her to use her yo-yo.

"Time to de-evilize!" Ladybug yelled, catching all the akumas.

Cat Noir looked at the civilians "Let me make this promise to you. No matter who wants to harm you, Ladybug and Cat Noir will do everything in our power to keep you safe!" He said, Ladybug opened her yo-yo and a busload of purified butterflies came out. Cat Noir looked at the white butterflies in awe while Ladybug was looking at him.

"Wow. Whoever he is beneath that mask, I love that boy." She whispered.

Hawk Moth watched the scene in disgust. "Agh! That's the problem with superheroes. They're too... heroic! Stoneheart, they're trying to take your loved one away from you. You must snatch their Miraculouses so they will be powerless against you!"

"Okay, Hawk Moth." Stoneheart agreed.

"Help me!" Mylène begged.

"You'll never take Mylène from me! Come to me, my stone beings!" He demanded as he climbed up the Tower.

"We're surrounded! What do we do now? We can't attack him." Ladybug yelled.

"Yes, but we know where the akuma is." Cat Noir said. "In his clenched fist. The one he's holding Mylène with. So, we know he's in love with her. That's it! We don't separate Stoneheart and Mylène: we bring them closer together! They're made for one another! It's just that they don't know it yet." Cat Noir yelled.

"Ugh. Not really following you, but guess I better trust you." Ladybug said. She didn't like being confused; this was not going to be an ongoing occurrence. Cat Noir and Ladybug climbed the Tower.

"Help! I'm scared of heights!" Mylène yelled.

"Everything's gonna be alright!" Cat Noir promised her.

"How are you planning to get them closer than they already are?" Ladybug asked.

"Not me, you. You are going to use your powers.

"Lucky Charm!" She yelled, throwing her yo-yo in the air, summoning a parachute. "A parachute? What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Look around!" Cat Noir yelled as he got thrown away by a stone being. Ladybug looked around and saw the parachute and Stoneheart's hand glow.

"I got it!" Ladybug yelled; she used her yo-yo to tie Stoneheart's hand. "His hand! Get ready!" She told Cat Noir.

She started pulling his hand and pulled Mylène towards him. She kissed Stoneheart. Stoneheart released her in shock. Mylène grabbed on to his finger before she fell. Cat Noir grabbed the akumatized paper, and hit it with his staff toward Ladybug, who grabbed the paper, breaking it.

"Home run!" Ladybug yelled as the akuma flew away. "No more evil-doing for you, little akuma. De-evilize- Huh?" She stopped herself when she saw Stoneheart transforming back into Ivan, falling from the Tower and jumped own to rescue them. "Cat Noir, take care of Ivan!" She yelled.

"Cataclysm!" Cat Noir yelled, activating his Cataclysm, using it on the Eiffel Tower, making a part of it fall. He used the part to slide down the Tower and rescued Ivan, while Ladybug caught Mylène and captured the akuma.

"Gotcha!" She said, she pulled the parachute out and released the akuma, which had been purified. "Bye-bye, little butterfly. Miraculous Ladybug!" She threw her Lucky Charm into the air, its energy separated turning everything back to normal; the stone beings reverted back into people.

"Whoa. Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Ladybug asked.

"Yeah. It's beautiful and amazing. It's... uh... miraculous!" Cat Noir smiled. He knew that Isabella would have loved to see this.

***

"This is just the beginning, Ladybug. You and Cat Noir may have won this battle, but I will win the war. I will get your Miraculouses. I will get the absolute power! And then my secret dream will come true!" Hawk Moth promised.

***

"I think you two have things to talk about. Hm?" Cat Noir smirked, looking at the young couple-to-be.

"Oh, uh... I... Uh..." Ivan stuttered, embarrassed.

"Maybe it would help if you read the lyrics to Ivan's song." Cat Noir suggested, handing the paper to Mylène.

Mylène read the lyrics and sighed. "Wow, it's really beautiful. It's a shame you can't hear them when you scream. I mean, when you sing."

"It was scary, wasn't it. Is that why you left? I'm sorry, I'll be gentle." Ivan apologised; Mylène hugged Ivan.

"Oh, they're so made for each other." Cat Noir smiled.

"Like us two." Ladybug flirted, their Miraculous beeped. "Uh oh. Time to split. See you soon, Cat Noir." Ladybug waved and left before Cat Noir could tell her that he was not interested in her in that way.

"Are you guys okay to get back?" Cat Noir asked. The couple nodded, Cat Noir bowed and left. Excited to tell Isabella how he saved the day properly.

***

Outside the school, Marinette and Alya talked about the new superheroes.

"So, by the time I biked to the Eiffel Tower, it was all over. I'm way bummed." Alya sighed.

"Don't worry. You'll get your scoop eventually." Marinette reassured her friend. She enjoyed being in front of the cameras and Alya would always put Ladybug in front of camera.

"You're right. Next target: Ladybug, an exclusive interview!" Alya shrieked.

"Ooh. Sounds exciting." Marinette smiled.

"Oh, wait! Even better: finding out who's really under that mask." Alya gasped.

"Uh-huh. Good luck with that one." Marinette laughed.

***

In the Agreste car, Gabriel scolded Adrien via video. "You disobeyed me, Adrien. Take a look at that school."

"Yes, Father." Adrien looked down.

"You will never, I say, never go back there again..."

"Father, no..."

"Without your bodyguard. He will drop you off and pick you off every day. Nathalie has offered to organize you a new schedule which Isabella will also be completing when she arrives. You'll be continuing your music, Chinese, and fencing classes and your photoshoots."

"Thank you, Nathalie. Thank you, Father!" Adrien smiled widely and he left the car.

***

Marinette and Alya walked into Miss Bustier's class and was about to sit at the seats they were forced to when Marinette stopped her. She wanted to sit where she chose to, not where she was forced to.

"No, wait." Marinette said, she made a gesture to the seats behind Nino, Alya nodded and they made their way.

"Uhh... You're in the wrong seat. Go on, get lost!" Chloé yelled.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good people do nothing!" Marinette said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Chloé asked.

"It means that I'm not putting up with your crud anymore, Chloé, and neither is anyone else around here, so take your attitude and go on, get lost!" All the other students laughed and Chloé angrily took Marinette's previous seat.

"Good job!" Alya praised her friend.

Adrien entered the classroom and saw who was sitting behind him. He waved at Marinette but she turned away from him, making him feel down. He was not having a good first day, he wished Isabella was with him, she always made him feel better.

"Dude, you want to make friends, right? Well, go talk to Marinette. You know, about the chewing gum." Nino suggested.

"But what should I say to her?" Adrien asked.

"Just be yourself." Nino smiled.

***

The school day had ended. Marinette stood by the school doors, staring at the rain. She didn't have her umbrella. She held her hand out and felt the rain. She hated rain.

"Hey." Adrien said. Marinette ignored him; he opened his umbrella. "I just wanted you to know that I was only trying to take the chewing gum off your seat. I swear. I've never been to school before. I've never had friends. It's all sort of new to me." He explained. He handed her his umbrella and they shared brief eye contact through the exchange, before the umbrella closed over Marinette's head, causing Adrien to laugh, which resulted in Marinette smiling and laughing as well. She loved his laugh. She wanted to hear more.

"See you tomorrow." Adrien smiled and walked down the stairs.

Marinette dropped her bag. "Uh-huh! ... see you to...mo... tomo... Haha! Whoa, why am I stammering?"

Tikki flew onto Marinette's cheek. "Hey! I think I might have an idea!" Tikki teased.

Plagg peaked out of Adrien's shirt and looked at him. "First day of school and we already have two lovebirds. Don't think Isabella's going to like that."

"She's just a friend. I would never hurt Isabella like that. I love her. I can't wait for her to come next week." Adrien smiled and blushed thinking about her. He entered his car and went home. Marinette grabbed her bag and went home. Neither of them knowing, that Master Wang Fu was watching him at the school entrance.

"Master, are you sure about her?" Wayzz asked. "Excellent choice with him. But her?"

"There's a plan in progress. For that plan to be successful, she needed to be Ladybug until the true holder arrives." Wang Fu said. "Those two are made for each other. We just have to hope she comes soon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 172 16
!!!DISCONTINUED!!! You, Y/n, are a normal civilian, who is also best friends with Chat Noir, the famous superhero of Paris, as well as Adrien Agreste...
892 10 21
POST REVEAL UNFINISHED
293K 6.4K 18
{completed} One night, Marinette unexpectedly gets a visit from her partner, Chat Noir. But he isn't there just to hang out with her, he needs a plac...
14 1 1
Alternate universe where Adrien never went to school, and Chat Noir never showed up to fight Stoneheart. An aged up enemies to lovers story with some...