Pokemon Legacies

By aidokano

More adventurous Pokemon story with a deep interesting plot with original OCs and fan favourite characters. T... More

Prologue: The Creation Family
A Historic Duo
A Journey To Remember
Battle Showdown

Battle Showcase !!

3 0 0
By aidokano

Shay is on his way towards the Pewter gym for his first gym battle through the Viridian forest. He gets a notification in his Pokedex.

"Huh, what is this?" says Shay.

"You are challenged by Trent for a Pokemon battle do you accept or reject."

"Huh Of Course I accept" Shay replies in excitement after pressing the accept option.

"Official Pokemon challenge accepted" Pokedex confirms.

Just then a trainer comes in front of Shay. A Rotom also appears.

Shay was surprised to see all of this happening all of a sudden.

"Huh what's going on?" Shay asks confused.

Rotom starts to explain:

"Hello trainers, I will be the referee for this Pokemon Battle. Each person can use two Pokemon's for battle. Once both the Pokemon are unable to battle, the opposite trainer will win the battle."

"Wow, my first Pokemon battle this sounds good" Shay comments.

"Wait is this your first Pokemon battle?" asks Trent the challenger who was facing Shay.

"Yeah I just got to Kanto" Shay replies

"Oh, I see well then Beedrill come out" he said throwing the Pokeball.

. "A Beedrill huh? !!!" Shay thought. "Well in that case"

"Charmander, I choose you!!!! Shay replies and throws his Pokeball Charmander leaps out.

"Alright Beedrill, use Poison Sting,"

"Use Ember"

Charmander gets hit with the poison sting and also Beedrill is hit with Ember.

"Now use Fire Spin" Shay immediately tells.

Fire spin hurts Beedrill.

"Use Pin Missile now" Trent, immediately responds.

"Charmander, use Flamethrower and destroy it all".

Charmander uses Flamethrower and nullifies the Pin Missile of Beedril.

The clash causes a huge smoke to erupt.

"All right, now use Dragon Breath," says Shay.

Charmander uses Dragon Breath.

Dragon Breath hits Bedrill

Beedrill faints.

"Beedrill is unable to battle," says Rotom.

"Alright that was fast I will admit. But now, Mankey, come out" Trent says while throwing the Pokeball.

"A Mankey". Shay points the Pokedex towards it to get more information.

"Okay, then Charmander return." Charmander returns.

"Okay Shaymin your turn buddy".

"All right, Mankey use Close Combat"

"Don't let Mankey close to you Shaymin.

Shaymin tries to dodge Mankey's attack.

"Okay then let's finish this Shaymin use Psychic and lift Mankey" Shaymin lifts Mankey.

"Now Shaymin use Hyper Beam"

Shaymin uses Hyper Beam.

Mankey falls down unconscious.

"Mankey is unable to battle and the winner is Shay,"

"Nice one Shaymin we did it we won our first battle."

"Min," says Shaymin.

"This Pokemon challenge is won by Shay congratulations on your first win your rankings are updated at this instant" Rotom informs and flies away.

"Rankings?" asks Shay confused.

Just then a message comes in the Pokedex.

Shay looks at the message.

"Wait I am already a part of the world coronation series. Great and oh my portfolio rank is 103400, total battle 1, the battle won 1 Pokemon's caught Shaymin, Charmander woah everything is mentioned here in detail" Shay confirms.

"All right mankey return you did good mankey" Trent says as he calls back Mankey to his Pokeball.

"Congrats guys, that was clever not letting Mankey close and lifting him up." Trent comments.

"Thank you," Shay responds.

"I am, Trent,"

"I'm Shay and this is my partner Shaymin," Shay introduced himself and Shaymin.

"Isn't that a legendary Pokemon? How did you catch it?"

"Oh, this is part of research helping a professor out. And we are close friends from childhood so"

"Oh, I see?" Trent looks at Shaymin. "Aren't you a cutie?" Trent tickles Shaymin.

"So are you trying to get into Pokemon League as well," asks Trent.

"Yes I am on my way to my first gym battle in Pewter City. What about you?". Shay responds.

"I am also trying for the same, but the Pewter City gym leader is strong I just battled him and lost so I was coming back to do more training and saw you two approaching," Trent informs.

"Oh, do you mean you tried the Pewter City gym already" asks Shay excited.

"Yes, but he is too strong it won't be at all easy to win a badge there."

"Oh yeah, I've heard" and Shay looks at his Pokedex

"So it's a Rock type gym huh, a Steelix and Graveler," Shay says

"Well all the best then the next time I will win and increase my rankings" Trent moving away.

"Oh, I'm not going to loose" Shay responds.

Trent bid goodbye just then he remembered something.

"Oh, Shay one more thing" Trent calls out.

Shay stops and looks at him.

"There is a quest going on on a farm just some miles north on this path. There are a lot of trainers, looking to find a Ditto. I already tried but could not find it. Do check that place out on the way." Trent informs.

"Woah a Ditto cool, could you tell me the exact location please" asks Shay.

"Sure give me your Pokedex"

"There, I have marked the location of the quest on the map,"

"Okay great thanks a lot, Trent see you later" Shay replies and runs off.

"Okay take care" continues on his path towards the Pokemon centre.

"Oh great a Ditto, will be awesome," and increases his speed along the designated path.

Meanwhile, Ava was cooking food.

"So Squirtle did you like it" asks Ava. "Squirtle" replies Squirtle happily. Ava smiles.

"Now it's not long before we reach Pewter City now"

Ava looks at the Pokedex.

"Oh, this year's Pokemon showcase is starting from Pewter City. How wonderful let's go and see it together okay?".

"Squirtle," says Squirtle.

After some time.

"All right ready to go" Ava gets up carrying the backpack.

"Squirtle".

As Ava was walking down the path she saw a group of trainers standing together in front of a pathway.

She sees an elderly-looking person there

"Excuse me could you tell me what is going on here?" asks Ava.

"Did you also come to participate in catching Ditto if yes please stand in line we are only allowing at a time a group of seven people" the old person replied.

"Huh, I don't understand,"

"You see, this is my field but I've spotted a wild Ditto it has been causing me a lot of trouble for some time now so I have informed the Pokemon centre about it since Ditto is very tough to catch and I can't go and look for it in this large open field so interested trainers are giving a shot in catching Ditto but till now no one has caught it" the older person informs.

"Oh, I see" Ava realising the situation now.

Ava looks at the time

"Well thank you, sir, but we will go ahead we want to go to Pewter City so that we can reach there before dark," Ava replies.

"Oh, in that case, take this route its a shortcut for reaching the Pewter city." the old man informs.

"Oh okay, sir thanks a lot,"

And Ava walks towards that direction.

Meanwhile, Shay was inside the field roaming here and there.

"This is soo much tiring I can't even find a single Pokemon here, where did all of the Pokemon go?" says Shay tired.

Shay finds a tree and sits under it looking up.

"That old man said he spotted a ditto it seems. Maybe it left" as he sits below the shade of a tree.

As he looks up he sees, among the green leaves the leaf gusting. And sees a Scyther eating its leaves.

Shay suddenly gets up

"Woah a Scyther". Scyther on seeing Shay uses Quick Attack on him and he falls to the ground.

Shaymin on seeing this gets riled up and uses Air Slash but Scyther dodges it.

Scyther uses Agility.

"Quick use, Leaf Storm"

Shaymin uses Leaf Storm and knocks down Scyther from the tall tree. Scyther starts falling.

Shay throws a Poke Ball at the falling Scyther.

Shay catches the Scyther.

"Yes I caught a Scyther," screams Shay.

"Well, not all was for nothing I caught a Scyther right? So that makes it my third Pokemon."

"Let's head back" Shay says to Shaymin in a tiring tone. And his stomach also makes a rumble.

"Min" Shaymin also confirms tiredly.

Shay reaches the entrance of the path to exit.

"So young man did you catch the Ditto" asks the elder man.

"No sir, I only caught a Scyther here," Shay responds.

"A Scyther? But other than that Ditto there is no other wild Pokemon here kid" Old man confirms.

"Huh? Are you sure sir?" asks Shay confused.

"Yes young man could you just show your Pokemon"

"Alright, come out," says Shay as he throws the Poke Ball.

"Ditto," says Ditto.

"Whaaaat? I caught Ditto?" Shay screams shocked.

Everyone is surprised to see the Ditto.

"Woah he just caught the Ditto." everyone started to say one by one.

"So you were the Scyther huh?" asks Shay to the Ditto.

"Ditto," says Ditto confirming.

"Congrats young man, on your Ditto." the old man praises.

"Thanks, sir"

"All right everyone thanks for the participation wishing you all a nice journey" the old man tells to all the other trainers who stood there waiting for their turn.

Some were frustrated, some were sad, and some were angry at seeing Shay with the Ditto.

"So young man where are you going now?" asks the old man.

"I am going to the pewter city to challenge the gym there," Shay replies.

"Oh you mean Brock's gym huh?".

"Yes sir to win my first gym badge to get into the Pokemon League," says Shay. "Then take this route it will get you to the Pewter City faster." says the old man.

"Thank you, sir,"

"I better hurry up I cannot see well in the dark you know" Old Man informs.

"Okay, sir".

The old man starts to leave. "

All right Brock I am coming for you to get my first badge you just wait" says Shay with determination.

"Min," says Shaymin excited.

Just then another rumble from the stomach.

"Alright alright I am going I am going" he says to his stomach in response and starts to run off on the path the old man told him.

After some time,

"Yes look there Shaymin we made it just before dark to the Pokemon Center in Pewter City."

"Min"

Shay runs along.

"With a Ditto in the team let's see what's in store Shay as he reaches the Pokemon Centre for his next Gym battle"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 101 15
2022: This needs to be rewritten, and I am currently rewriting it on my AO3. Check my profile for a link to my AO3 profile, under Mel_the_Pirate! It'...
765 42 23
I thought of an idea for a new Pokémon game and I'll put down my concept arts, plot ideas, and characters in here! Don't judge me. The plot is very c...
395 3 37
Alright, this I've been wanting to do for years. This series will follow my character through his various journeys throughout the pokemon games, with...
15.1K 325 19
After Leaving everything back in Kalos, Ash worries about the decisions he had made that day. " I regret Everything" He always says to himself. Ash h...