𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘�...

By EllieIsALegitWriter

// Book 2 of the poppy playtime collection! 💓 (Y/N) (L/N) was an old employee at Playtime Co. She was a care... More

Introduction
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Small announcement!
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10

Ch.1

8.5K 307 168
By EllieIsALegitWriter

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"Nobody is coming to save you, dogday. You know that, right?" Catnap tightens the restraints on Dogday's arms, pulling on the leather belts that keep him suspended. They were wrapped tight, making his arms feel numb and limp.

"It's just you and me. You don't deserve freedom. Not after your disobedience. You're going to die like the rest of the smiling critters." The feline got in his face, grinning menacingly. "You did an awful job protecting your friends, you know that?"

Dogday reeled his head back from his former friend, wanting to be as far from him as possible. He had changed from a calm, patient individual to one who licks the Prototype's boots. "You're a monster now, Catnap. A monster with no soul. You're just a pawn in his game." He spat, earning a chuckle from the purple creature. "What happened to our old buddy Catnap?" Dogday couldn't believe that this was his old friend. "We wouldn't be having this issue if you just submit to the Prototype. He saved me." He snapped his head towards Dogday, flashing his talons, dragging them across his cheek and drawing blood. Red smoke filled the small prison chamber, clouding Dogday's vision and revealing an emaciated, more terrifying version of Catnap.

"Now hold still, you little mutt. This won't hurt one bit."

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

(Y/N) was on the phone to Ollie, walking through what appeared to be an underground pathway in a cave. It was cold and damp, water dripping from the stalagmites that coated the ceiling and bottom of the cave. "It's freezing in here, Ollie." (Y/N) whispered, making sure to keep low and alert for anything lurking. "I can imagine! Now keep going. You're nearly at the playhouse." The boy spoke, matching (Y/N)'s tone and whispering too.

Putting the phone in her pocket, she continued to walk across the metal suspensions, taking in her surroundings. A tall figure made her gasp and duck. "Catnap." She whispered, watching him stand up on two legs and suspend his arms in the air in front of a weird, shrine thing.

Upon closer inspection, she could see the parts of so many toys. Mommy Long Legs. PJ pug-a-pillar, even a few she didn't recognise. "What the hell is that.." murmured (Y/N), too scared and intrigued to look away. It was absolutely horrific, but crafted with a goal. She could smell it from here as well. As she stared at the amalgamation, a stalagmite fell and shattered against the metal platform. Catnap snapped his head towards the direction of the sound. (Y/N) covered her mouth and stayed completely still, holding her breath. Catnap soon looked away at which she bolted out of there until she reached an indoor, children's play area. It was cold and eerie in there.

The phone began to ring again, (Y/N) placing it to her ear. "Whew, that was close. Did you see that thing too, Ollie?" she whispered, wiping the sweat from her brow with her sleeve. "I did! Catnap made it for the Prototype. Weird, right?" Ollie responded. For a kid, he didn't seem as freaked out as (Y/N) assumed he would be. "Keep an eye out for the little smiling critters. They're afraid of light, so use your orangey-red hand!" Ollie informed, sounding way too cheery about the situation. "If you say so, kid. I trust you." (Y/N) equipped her 'orangey-red' hand, stepping into the playcare. Giggles and gurgles filled the room, (Y/N) looking down to see miniature smiling critters, all approaching her with hungry eyes. Firing a flare, the small creatures whimpered and retreated to the shadows.

One of the HoppyHopscotch toys jumped on her shoulder, trying to bite her with her permanently opened mouth. It just felt like a toothless infant trying to bite you, not painful at all. Perhaps these toys were made of infants. "Get off!" (Y/N) grabbed the small Hoppy by the back of her neck, tossing her back to the ground and firing a flare. She whined and bolted back to the shadows, tiny limbs scrambling underneath her. Working her way through the play tunnels, (Y/N) did have to kick a small Catnap in the face who tried to jump at her, resulting in breaking parts of its face. This distracted the other toys and they all swarmed it. (Y/N) watched in horror was the creatures ripped apart the broken Catnap, pulling off his arms, ears and legs and smashing the flesh in their faces, trying to feed with their permanently opened mouths. Childish giggles, groans and screams filled the room.

"Fuck that." (Y/N) wasted no time in her escape. So the small creatures eat the weaker ones? Creepy. Running out of there until she came across a bloodied hallway with what looks to be mini prison cells. Huffing and puffing, she walked to the end of the hallway, wiping her face and exhaling. "That was close.." she mumbled, not paying attention to her surroundings.

"You're Poppy's angel."

A voice made (Y/N) scream and jump back, pressing herself against the wall. Her eyes fell on Dogday, suspended in the air with belts around and one around his waist, keeping his organs falling out from a lack of legs. "Dogday!?" She gasped in surprise, making the orange canine look more alert. He knew that voice.

"(Y/N) is that you? What are you doing here!? You need to go now!" His voice was full of panic, but he knew he couldn't do anything to stop her. He was the one suspended in the air by belts after all.

(Y/N) would absolutely not allow that. "Over my dead body! I'm getting you out." She fired a flare down each of the small holes in the room to top anything from coming in the room. Reaching up, she undid each buckle as fast as she could, hearing the giggles of the mini smiling critters. "Just leave me!" Dogday exclaimed, his weight swinging to one side as one arm was set free. A mini Bubba Bubbaphant fell on his face, giggling. (Y/N) immediately grabbed it by the trunk and threw it down one of the tunnels, knocking over a bunch of the other critters who screamed angrily.

Dogday fell to the floor when his other arm was free, his limbs feeling painful and tingly. (Y/N) patted her shoulders, encouraging the dog to wrap his arms around her shoulders. Dogday reached up to her shoulders, looping his loose limbs gently around her neck. He was heavy for just a torso, but (Y/N) was too full of adrenaline to notice. He held on as she made a run for it through the tunnels, avoiding all the small critters chasing them.

Dogday was even sure that (Y/N) stepped on one of the critters without realising as he heard a squelch, but he didn't comment on it, holding tighter onto her shoulders. (Y/N) swapped to her purple hand, activating the jump pad to get to the other side, away from the playhouse. Her landing wasn't graceful as both she and Dogday tumbled to the floor.

(Y/N) turned into a sitting position and reached up and touched her bottom lip with her finger, seeing blood. "Must've cut my lip on the fall, are you okay, Dogda-" Before she could finish, the dog grabbed onto her and wrapped his sore limbs around her body in a hug, his head against her stomach. (Y/N) could feel how weak he was, seeing partially missing or damaged fur on his arms from the belts wrapped around them. The fact his legs and lower torso were ripped off made her want to hold and soothe him forever.

"Thank you, (Y/N). You really are an angel." Dogday was afraid to let go and nestled his head further into her, his breaths shaky and shallow. In response, (Y/N) stroked his head with her hands, soothing him gently, putting on her best calm voice for him. "Shh, shh, easy there. You're welcome, Dogday. I told you it's hard to get rid of me."

(Hey guys!! let me know what you think of this chapter!! Should we get Dogday's legs back in this book? 🫢🫢)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 250 26
The year is 1995. You're a twenty-six-year-old woman who went to school in Baltimore, Maryland a decade back. You had a few good friends. Especially...
10.9K 331 11
[Poppy Playtime Fanfiction] "What's the time? PLAY TIME!" when the player returns after getting a letter, he first met his first and new companion th...
29.8K 377 20
(Requests Closed at the moment) This is a oneshot book about the Smiling Critters from Poppy Playtime Chapter 3.
34.2K 881 23
you get caught up in the middle of a rain storm with your two good friends, having to take shelter in the abandoned playtime .co factory after not so...