And Then I Met You (girlxgirl)

By AnonymouslyAGirl

Jessica Roland is one of the most popular girls in school. Well, actually, she's not the type that is loved b... More

Chapter 1 - Switched Seats
Chapter 2 - I Take It Back
Chapter 3 - Lucas
Chapter 4 - I Don't Hate You
Chapter 5 - You Saved Me... Again
Chapter 6 - Guilty
Chapter 7 - Break The Walls
Chapter 8 - You Can Rest Now
Chapter 10 - The Amusement Park and the Question
Chapter 11 - The Accident
Chapter 12 - Revelation
Chapter 13 - Part Of The Family
Chapter 14 - Mistletoe
Author's Note
Chapter 15 - Valentine Mall Madness
Chapter 16 - Graduation Party
Chapter 17 - I...
Chapter 18 - Wait for Me
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Laura's POV (And Then I Met You)
Thank You!

Chapter 9 - Halloween

14.2K 417 105
By AnonymouslyAGirl

[Laura's POV]

"So in Halloween, you like to go to some haunted houses?" I asked. She shook her head 

"No, I'm scared of the dark". She chuckled. 

"I see" I nodded. We were decorating the back field of Southeast High, our school if you haven't know it yet, for our Halloween Party tonight. 

Actually, Jessica was the one who volunteered. She's been working pretty hard. So I helped her out. She was holding a load of boxes on her hands, I quickly grabbed the half. 

"Oh! Thanks" she said surprisingly.

Jessica was about to set up the last decoration which is the other side of the banner. Apparently, she was too short for it. So I grabbed her waist and lifted her up a bit so she could reach it. As I put her down, she put her hands on her face which I know what was going. That adorable signature blush. 

"Hey Ica" I smirked "About the 'Test of Courage' thing...".

The Test of Courage is about, well, test of courage! You would get a pair and you would have to go through the woods. You would walk in a big circle and you should come back at the first destination, alive. There are some scary obstacles ahead like people in scary masks. Great creepy make-ups and everything. Our Test of Courage is that we have to ask someone to be our pair. Yeah, it's a big twist.

"Me and Lucas are going" she smiled. Of course she will. Why am I so affected by it? Wait, was I supposed to ask her to be my pair? Hell no that won't happen. I mean she has this hatred of not hate towards me. I can't explain it either. 

"Who are you going with though?" she asked. I looked at her. 

"I'm not going to ask someone" I smirked 

"At least it's you who I'll ask" I smirked bigger. Her face was so bright red, it's cute when I get to tease her. She punched me on my arm 

"Ow!"

"Don't plan on anything stupid with me, Laura" she rolled her eyes.

"Hey Laura, let's go shopping" she said. "Umm sure" I answered. So we walked to the mall.

[Jessica's POV]

"I think I'm going to buy this one for tonight" I said. 

I was talking about a black undershirt with a white cropped top with black skulls and a ripped jeans. 

"Awesome" Laura complimented. 

"So what are you going to buy?" I asked curiously. 

"Nothing, I guess. I got everything I need." she replied. Well duh, her past must mean she was rich, so when her parents deceased, she's the heir of their every fortune. 

Laura was staring at headbands, especially the one with the cat ears. I suddenly remembered Ariana Grande. I chuckled "I think you'll look great on that, Laura" I suggested and walked to the cashier.

-

"Wait, you got his number!?" I laughed. 

"Yeah" she shrugged while texting the guy back.

No matter how much I wanted to support her with him, there's still something holding me back. Like it's affecting me super but not. Get it? No? Okay then. 

"So will he take you to the Test of Courage?" I asked. She looked at me confused. "Jonathan!" she gave me an 'ohhhhh' look. 

"I actually don't know. He just texted me about him picking me up I don't really know" she shrugged again. Like the cold-shouldered Laura, I must say.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

It was 7:30, and I had to get prepared. Someone just texted me. And it's my boyfriend telling me he'll be here in 30 minutes. I already ate dinner and got dressed. "Don't do your first time tonight, okay shorty?". 

"What the eff, Josh. That won't happen. Geez" I gave him a disgusting look. Yeah, I'm a virgin. I never did the nasty stuff. Probably because I'm still too innocent for that. But hey, Lucas is a good guy. My parents loved him too.

I went down to the living room. I sat on the couch, watching TV as I wait. 

"Look at you, my already grown-up girl" dad said. I hugged him. 

"I'll be home before 12, dad, okay?" I told him. 

"Alright, alright" he said with concern. "By the way," he continued 

"Luke is coming to pick you up, right?". I nodded. 

"Oh okay. How's you and Laura doing?". Well I wouldn't be surprised for that question. Sure, they loved Luke for me. But, rather than Abi and Cassie, they loved Laura much more than Luke. I really don't know why! They think that me and Laura are very best friends now. But whatever. "We're fine dad". We're actually very awesome. I smiled to myself.

I heard a honk and a doorbell. 

"Hi babe" it's Lucas. I smiled and went to him immediately. 

I kissed him "Hey". 

"You should take care of my daughter for me alright?" dad commanded. 

"Don't worry, Mr. Roland, I will". I think I saw my dad muttered a 'tsk' and 'I told you to call me Troye'. 

"Say hi to Laura for us, dear" mom said. I nodded and smiled. "Get in" Luke said opening the car door. But you know, I'd rather walk.

There's nothing much happened in the car. Total silence. 

As we parked at the front of Southeast High, Luke opened my side of the door. I went out. We walked to the back field. Yeah, just like a Halloween Party it is. 

I really wanted to say 'Me and Laura decorated all these'. I felt my face heating up just by the thoughts of it. I mean, me and Laura worked pretty hard for all of this. And I'm happy to know that it actually looked great.

"Come on. Let's go get punch" said Lucas. We went to the punch bowl. 

To my surprise, Laura was there talking to that Jonathan guy. I felt my jaw clenched. 

Gawd why was I feeling this way? She finally saw me and went to me. 

"Hey" she said with that signature smirk of hers. 

"Hey" I said back. I was lying if I didn't say she does not look good tonight. 

She was wearing a plain white t-shirt with a leather jacket, black leggings, and black converse to top it all off. She was also wearing... 

"Hey, you really bought that" I pointed at the headband. 

She touched the ears of the headband, "Oh" she chuckled "It's because you said it would look good on me" she said smiling brightly. I can't help but smile as well.

[Laura's POV]

We were enjoying ourselves. Jonathan really is a good guy, at least. But it's still too early to tell. We were dancing, playing games that Ica always win. I laughed at that. 'Multi-tasking people' I shook my head slowly. 

"Laura" Johnathan called. "It's almost the Test of Courage". I nodded. He asked me just a while ago, right before when an angel arrived. 

Wait, angel? I meant Ica. Yeah, I bought the headband because for Pete's sake, it was the first time Jessica ever complimented me with an outfit. I'm going to treasure this headband forever.

The Test of Courage just started. Jessica and Luke went forward. In fact, Lucas actually wanted to win. Me and Johnathan stayed at the venue for a while before we start heading out. We were in silence. It was almost an hour, and me an Johnathan were still not moving. Why? Because it's too awkward. Why, again? Pairs should be holding hands at this. I mean, me and Johnathan were holding hands right now but we're still too embarrassed to move.

2 minutes later and an hour passed. There were some rustling inside the forest. Lucas came out with raising fist bumped hands. He looked like he won the lottery or something. But wait, it was not Lucas who I wanted to see. 

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey where's Jessica?" I asked Lucas. 

"Oh I told her that I should went ahead. She simply agreed. She'll be here" he smiled. What the fudge, Lucas. I looked down, holding my anger in there for Lucas. How could he leave her? Then I suddenly remembered... 

"No, I'm scared of the dark"

I looked at Johnathan, "I'm sorry". I let go of his hand and went to the woods.

Doesn't Lucas know that she's scared of the freaking dark? And doesn't he know that he can't win without his pair? Stupid af. I was running and sweating, mostly running. My legs are hurting me, i wanted to stop. But guess what, I can't. I can't just leave Jessica out around here in the woods. What if something happens to her? Yeah, call me overprotective. But hey, I never been this overprotective to someone in my whole life. I'm concerned about her. She was the only one I cared about. So, I won't stop. 

"JESSICA!!!!" I ran faster.

[Jessica's POV]

Stupid Luke leaving me here. The flashlight's batteries went out, and all I did was sit here and cry. Cry about me tripping, making my ankle hurt so bad, and cry about Lucas trying to leave me here. "H-help m-me" I stuttered quietly. Yeah, sure, like anyone would hear that. My face was in my arms. I just want to cry all night until I die cause I can't move forward with the dark around. 

"Jessica" I chuckled a bit. I thought i heard Laura calling out my name. Just thinking about her makes me miss her so much. Even though how much I tried to stop thinking about her, I just can't. I just want to be beside her again. I heard rustling sounds behind me. I put my head up and turned my head at the back. My eyes widened.

As always. My heart skipped a beat at that moment. I saw a heavily-breathing Laura. Her eyes were puffy. And I thought I was the only one who's crying. I'm happy to see her. Surprisingly, Laura went to me, knelt down and gave me a big hug. 

"You had me worried there. Geez". I chuckled a bit and hugged her back. Yeah, I was definitely happy to see her. She stood up and held out a hand. I took it. But then, my ankle failed me. 

"You sprained your ankle?" she asked. No, I didn't. It just so happens that my ankle hurt so bad that I don't think I can walk. Thank you, Captain Obvious. I didn't answer her question because she knew it already. How? She turned around her back and grabbed my legs to carry me on her back.

I was holding her shoulders at the moment, making my other half of the body as distant as possible. "Ugh. You can rest. Just holding my shoulder can make you tired" she groaned. I blushed at that. She's correct, actually. I slowly put my arms around her neck, making my body now close to hers as possible. My face was still bright red as she walks. 

"Am I heavy?" I said to her softly. 

"No" she answered. 

"Are you sure you want to carry me all the way?" I asked. 

"Yeah"

I think she's pretty annoyed, but her voice doesn't seem like it. 

"Why did you look for me?". Why did I suddenly say that? Stupid Jessica. 

"Because I..." she paused, which made my heart beat louder, waiting for her answer. "Because I care. It just so happens that you're the only one I actually cared about". Hearing her say that made me hug her even more tightly.

-

"Babe I'm so sorry!!!" Lucas ran up to me. Laura put me down and Luke gave me a big hug. 

"It's fine Luke". He nodded. 

"Thanks Laura for looking for Jessica" he thanked Laura. 

"It's always my intention anyway" she smirked at me. 

Here I go again with the heating up. "Let me take you home now, babe" Lucas said with concern. I nodded. "Bye, Ica".

As always, silence again in the car. I still flashback to Laura saving me. How come she always have a perfect timing? I smiled a little. 

"What are you smiling about, babe?". 

Oh, just a thought of a girl who I was the only one she cared about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUP GUYS!!! I'll update the next one soon. Don't worry. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 110K 44
This is a girlxgirl story. June Parker absolutely hated Adrienne Andrews. She's hated her ever since Adrienne pushed her down the stairs in the seco...
232K 7.8K 42
She shook her head "nothing. But no one believes me." She looked at me. I looked in her brown eyes and saw nothing but pure sadness and pain. I moved...
3.1K 125 17
Marcel Jones: new kid, school nerd, gets made fun of Gabriella Taylor: popular girl, gorgeous, kind Their two worlds collide, because of a dare. But...
210K 5.7K 31
Logan is a 17 year old who just started her senior year with her best friend Camren. The teachers see Logan as a class clown and trouble maker, the b...