Once Upon A Sultan ✅

By Ferdeausee_

Copyright©2022. All Rights Reserved. When esteemed journalist Zainab Shamaki published a new article targetin... More

author's note + aesthetics + copyright
Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
EPILOGUE.

Chapter 23.

358 47 0
By Ferdeausee_

-THIRD PERSON POV-

Maroudi, Nigeria.

The Sunusi family—Adnan included were devastated to hear the news about Sultan Sunusi. As he had told Zainab, none of them knew about his condition and it's unfortunate they had to find out that way.

They all rushed to the hospital when they heard he was taken there only for them to arrive and be met with such news.

One person in particular was only there for presence sakes. She didn't stay there for long, because she realized now that they will all be occupied, it will be the perfect time for her to strike and there's no way she would miss the opportunity.

Sliding into her BMW m4, she revved the car to life and wasted no time driving out of the hospital and onto the road—with one destination in mind. She had never been there before, but she knew her way around it pretty well almost as if she had been there before.

She reached there in record time, and after turning the car off, she headed into the building. It was pretty hectic, with people going up and about but that was the least of her concerns. After a few steps, a man approached her.

"Miss Sheriff?" He questioned, his eyes widened slightly as he hoped he got the right woman. But, she fits the description and of course, from the pictures he had seen of her before, she had to be the one.

Not to mention, she looks like she's ready to model even at that precise moment. It's just as people say, even when outside, she's a sight to behold.

She simply nodded, her lips stretched into a tight line.

His lips stretched into a small smile. "This way, please" And with that, he escorted her away from people's prying eyes and to her destination.

They had to take a flight of stairs, an action she didn't appreciate much because she had on heels. Nonetheless, she didn't complain and instead, quietly followed his lead till they reached the floor they are headed to. When they reached the man's office, he stopped there and told her to enter.

She didn't wait for him to say it twice, as she took the handle, and pushed the door open. The minute she stepped foot in the office, her eyes landed on the man seated behind the table whom instantly got on his feet seeing her.

He rounded the table and approached her just as she closed the door and made her way further into the room. Gesturing for her to take a seat, he took the one opposite her. "Welcome, Miss Sheriff"

"Thank you for meeting me on such short notice, Commissioner" She offered him a small smile, one that barely reached her eyes.

The Commissioner of Police waved off what she said, his lips stretching into a wide grin. "Don't mention it, please" He rested his hands on his slightly parted thighs. "How can I help you?"

She crossed her legs, the small smile she had on earlier dropping. "I'll get straight to the point" She didn't miss how he arched his brow slightly, hearing her words. It's obvious he's confused, but she will make it go away with what she will add. "I want ZainabShamaki to rot in here"

For a while, he didn't say a word to her. He then tilted his head slightly, lips drawing in as he sat up, leaning forward. "Miss Sheriff, we will have to go through protocols first and although all evidence points to her--"

"How much did AzeezSunusi pay you to indict her?" She cut him off, not wanting to hear the long string of fake stories he will spew while pretending to be the upright man he is not.

His lips hung open slightly, but he quickly recovered as he blinked repeatedly. Shaking his head, he leaned back and chuckled, "What are you talking about? What does Mr. Sunusi--"

"I'll pay double" Yet again, she cut him off before he could go on with the useless excuses.

"Miss Sheriff--"

"Triple" That certainly shut him up and got his attention.

He paused, his eyes gauging her expression. He was pretty good at reading people's expression, and at the moment, he could tell from the stern look she held up and the tightening of her lips that she was serious. She meant every word she uttered.

And she was up for such business.

His lips slowly stretched into a small smirk. "Alright then" He gave up on trying to feign ignorance, as he leaned back comfortably on the chair, now sporting a look as if he won the lottery-and in a way, he did. "What is it you want exactly?" He was open for business, especially if it will bring in the money.

What's the point of holding up the saint look when he's not one?

In this line of business, there are no saints. You just work for the highest bidder and of course, there are a lot willing to offer the money.

"Like I said, I don't want her to ever get out" She crossed her arms over her torso, her eyes narrowing at the thought of that woman. "Make sure she rots in here for the rest of her miserable life"

He hummed, bobbing his head slightly. He is obviously curious as to what could make her hate Zainab that much—perhaps, it's because of that scandal involving her? He though. He didn't ask though, because women issues are none of his concern—the money is. "That won't be easy though. You know she has a good lawyer; not to mention, she is pretty influential on her own"

Nadine gave him a deadpanned look. Holding herself back from rolling her eyes, she picked up her bag and pulled out something before dropping it on the table between them. "Write your price" She said, gesturing to the cheque and the pen. "Write down how much you want in order to do as I asked"

Normally, she would much rather spend her money on anything else that doesn't concern that woman. However, ZainabShamaki has been pushing her buttons and she is fed up! The audacity of that woman to say such words to her when they met at Almaz Foods.

Not to mention, Hakeem ditched her that day too and left her looking stupid, and like some attention seeking woman. That annoyed her to no ends.

To say she was tired of being treated that way will be an understatement. It was obvious both Hakeem, his mother and this Zainab have been underestimating her threats and took it as empty words.

She would show them what she is capable of.

The world revolves around money, and she, Nadine Abiola Sheriff was born into it. She would ruinZainabShamaki with everything she has.

Hakeem isn't exempted either.

He keeps forgetting exactly what she is capable of. It's time for her to remind him who the woman he truly married is.

The Commissioner, now amused knowing he indeed hit the jackpot didn't waste a moment to write down his price. When he was done, Nadine simply gave him a curt nod to seal the deal. It's a hefty price, but whatever it takes to get rid of Zainab.

"Is there anything else you want?" He questioned, not wanting to miss an opportunity to please his new boss.

She was about to shake her head no when she remembered something. Brows drawn in, and lips set into a frown, she nodded. "Yes. I heard you have some evidence to prove she did it, right?"

He nodded. "Yes. The gun found at the crime scene had her finger prints and we received an anonymous video recently which clearly serves as a motive"

"An anonymous video?" She doubts anything indicting Zainab will come out of the blue like he says. It has to be Suraj or Azeez behind this.

Yet again, he bobbed his head yes.

She has done what she went there for but this new piece of information intrigued her. Lips slightly tugged upwards, her eyes met his again. "I want to see the video"

He looked hesitant for a second, but remembering the big fat pay he just got, he threw the hesitancy out of the window and dumped it in trash right beside the bag of ethics he had long discarded. With a slight nod, he got up and made his way over to the table, and then picked up his phone.

Tapping a few things here and there, he found the video and handed the phone to her so she could see.

Normally, she would feel bad for anyone in that situation but not Zainab. If anything, she could only think of ways to make it worse. When the clip ended, she handed him back the phone as the wheels in her head turned.

"She could claim she did it as self-defense based on the video, right?" She asked, her brows drawn in and lips tugged into a frown.

He nodded, as he blew out a breath. "Yes, that's the problem"

Running her thumb across her knuckles, the gears in her head turned as she thought of a plan. "How many people have seen the video so far, and have the copy of course?"

He didn't need to think about it before he gave her the answer. "Just me, the officer in charge of the case and her, of course"

"Will the officer be a problem to you?" She inquired. "Will he be a problem to us?"

He shook his head. "No. I can handle him and besides, he won't give us any problem" If anything, he knows Zainab has entered that man's blacklist.

Smacking her lips together, he concluded her plan. "Alright then" She leaned back on the chair, legs crossed. "How about we edit the video and make it seem like she's having an affair instead?" Slowly, her lips stretched into a smirk as she said that.

Brows drawn in, and eyes slightly squinted, he spoke. "Having an affair?" He repeated.

She nodded, as she shrugged slightly. "Yes, an affair" She then blew out a breath. "The story will go like this. They are having an affair. She was the worker who used her boss to climb up the ladder. So, when he fired her, she got upset and felt betrayed because she obviously thought she means something to him and then decided to kill him out of anger. Tada! End of story and of ZainabShamaki of course"She added a cackle at the end.

He thought about her words, and was a tad surprised how it all played out. Why didn't he think of this earlier? "That would actually work" He made a mental note to fear women. Because...

What sort of wickedness is this? Which shade?

"Great" She grinned. "Now, after you edit it, send me a copy"

With a brow slightly arched, he questioned. "And if you don't mind me asking, what will you do with it?"

"Bury her of course" She pushed herself off the chair and picked up her bag. "I will bury that woman so she won't ever want to show her face to the public again. So, do send it as soon as you can. I'd appreciate it"

"Okay, I'll do that soon"

"Pleasure doing business with you, Commissioner"

"Likewise, Miss Sheriff"

~*~

The passenger seat door opened, and a figure stepped in before closing the door behind him. He settled comfortably on the chair, eyes set ahead. "You wanted to talk?" The man questioned, his voice low.

Nadine slipped her hand into her bag and pulled out a flash drive, before handing it to him wordlessly.

He held the flash drive up and inspected it, his head tilted to the side slightly. "And what is on this?"

"Something I need to bury someone" She answered, lightly tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. Though she hadn't turned the car off, she had parked though in the middle of nowhere to meet this man.

He isn't someone close to her, but she knows how he does his work and she needs that efficiency now.

He hummed, and nodded slowly. "So, you want me to spread it" He twirled the flash drive, playing with it like it's a toy. He had this laid back expression and aura that shows he's the type who couldn't care less about others.

He didn't seem rude or arrogant, simply, without a single care.

She nodded. "I want it everywhere, even beyond Maroudi" She could've handed it to one of the publishing houses, but that will be a hassle. It's better to upload it anonymously one web because for one, news spreads faster there and it's impossible for something to be completely wiped off. "You understand what I mean, right?" She asked, turning her head to look at him for the first time.

He threw her a glance, his lips lazily stretched into a smile. "Of course, Boss. Consider it done"

She smirked, and nodded slowly. Turning her attention back to her bag, she slipped her hand into it and pulled out a thick envelope, before handing it over to him. "Your complete payment. I'll add a bonus if you do a great work"

"Aye aye, Captain" With a grin and a curt nod, he stepped out of the car and strode away leaving her alone.

"I am so going to ruin you, Zainab" Nadine made a promise to herself. "I'll show you what hell is like here in Maroudi"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.4K 6.8K 17
Hannatu Alkali is the daughter of Muhammed Adamu Alkali, a Millionaire with a multi million dollar company. She's arrogant, rude and grumpy Being t...
42.8K 616 2
Behind her smile is an anguish heart, behind her laugh is pain. Look closely at her and you will see the girl she is, the perfect girl people define...
38.4K 4.6K 51
Copyright 2022© All Rights Reserved. Aria Tayyu Safwan, a twenty four year old Turk came to Nigeria under unfortunate circumstances. Despite having a...
9.3K 1.3K 17
'I'll marry him,' she said, flashing a lopsided smile. 'I don't care about what will happen to him, so long as you'd keep your promise, I'll even kil...