With flying colours

由 Road85

A 14 year old girl Y/N comes second in a race and her father doesn't accept it. Her entire family dies, she... 更多

The one and only
Visitor!!
What if??
The first full day.
The news
Bahrain
The interview
The kiss.
RACE DAY
(Details)
Cars or planes?
Not a very good hider...
He should be dead.
Stop lying.
Oh god.
No. No. Not again.
I should be in bed.
The plaque
Dinner
You'll regret that.
Lando...
Ready. Set. GO!!
The report...
Home.
Where the fuck have you been???
"Love"

Daughter??

740 13 1
由 Road85

It's Monday morning now.
I've just woken up to find out my life the past month was a dream.
How stupid do I have to be to actually believe it was real??
Just as I'm thinking of this Jad walks in with Max and Charles. What??
"Jad why are you with them?" I ask him confused still thinking it was a dream
"We'll long story short I left you in your bed asleep to get you some apple juice for when you woke up and these two were on there way in and saw me hitting the bending machine and joined in..." Jad replies
"Shouldn't they be training for the upcoming season??" I ask him...
"Y/n the season already started... are you feeling okay??" Max says with tears trying to break his water line.
"No, I don't know what to believe anymore." I say back in  frustration
"You have been living me for the past month, Charles is basically your big best friend and Jad is your boyfriend.." max says thinking I've lost my memory
"it wasn't a dream then??" I reply back after a moment of thinking
"No it wasn't a dream. Did you think it was a dream? I thought you lost your memory for a second then... you scared me" Max says slightly relieved.

We chat for a little while everything seems okay and the doctors come in and make max sign something and then they discharge me finally.
I am finally allowed to stand up,
I am finally allowed to roam freely,
Atleast that's what I thought.
Nobody would let me out of their sight I had atleast one person following me at every second of the day..
But it didn't really bother me, I got used to it eventually.

————————————————————————

The next race was on my birthday.
The Chinese GP.
I had to spend my birthday at a race.
Jad decided to go home and max decided to fly straight to china so that we aren't tired for the race.
Max wanted me to experience their culture too.
He wasn't happy that I thought china was like china town but a massive country of it...
He took me everywhere and showed me everything.
On Saturday Charles joined us and I thought he would save me from max but nope.
Max told him what I thought the other day and now Charles was here to bully me too.
Charles brought someone along with him.
Daniel Riccardo.
This is my first time meeting him and I really hope it goes well. He seems like a really loveable person.
He's like a big teddy bear I just want to pick him up and squeeze him. He is one of the sweetest and funniest people I've met so far.
We spend the entire day with him.
Daniel was on my side of the argument. He also thought of china like a massive china town.
My legs started to get tired so Max got me on his shoulders and carried me everywhere.
I ended up falling asleep on his shoulders. Charles got me down and passed me over to max who ended up carrying me back to the car where Charles and Daniel got in the front and drove back to the hotel.

Max lays me down onto the bed, takes my shoes off and puts the blankets over me. He goes and sits on the other side of the room and scroll through his phone for a bit.
He sees that people are still asking questions about why I went to hospital.
He decides that I should avoid being outside during the race and either stay in red bull garage or Ferrari garage with their teams.
I decide to go with Ferrari because they let me be in Charles ears during the race.
Red bull would never let me do that.

————————————————————————

A couple hours later I wake up and max tells me the plan.
I wear some cargos and T-shirt with a jumper.
Luckily the scars have faded a bit so hopefully nobody sees them.
It's my birthday today. But I'm not really excited. It's not like my old birthdays.
There's no Nathan. No Jad. No mum. No dad.
They were always at my birthdays.
They never missed one.
I sit on the Ferrari wall with their engineers shouting Charles over. They had a plan.
It was an amazing plan.
He came first.
"P1 CHARLES, P FUCKING 1" I scream into the mic.
"WOOOOOO THANK YOU LITTLE ONE COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU IN MY EARS" he replies excited as ever.
Max on the other hand.
He came 3rd. He would be very upset because he didn't win. But at least he got a podium...
He feels like he failed to win for me on my birthday.
I didn't care if he won or not.
He cheered up a bit after coming to see me.

They go to the champagne celebration spray and Charles and max have a little speech together telling me to come up.
I decide to follow what they asked and I go up to them. The whole GP sings happy birthday to me.
It was so loud. I was so grateful. I ended up crying.
Max spoke up. Charles knew what he was about to say.
"Y/n?" Max says to me
"Yeah?" I reply back
"I see you as a daughter to me. I'm scared of you getting taken from me. I never want that to happen and anyone who tries won't be happy with how it ends." Max says he takes a breath after saying the last sentence all in one
"y/n will you do the honour of become a verstappen??" He says.
Clearly I took it the wrong way thinking he wanted to marry me off to a verstappen or something.
"EW NO, IM NOT MARRYING YOU!!!!" I reply back distraught after what I just heard
Charles burst out laughing at me and so does max.
"No. No. No. Y/n will you become my daughter. Will you sign the adoption papers and agree?" He says back still laughing
"What.." I reply back clueless on what to say.
There's a moment of silence whilst I decide what to say.
"Yes." I finally reply and everyone bursts out in cheer.

After the GP we go home back to Monaco and go to the court house to get it finalised.
Max is officially my father...
Finally I have a father who actually cares about me.
One who loves me and doesn't yell.
The first thing we do when we get home is go to sleep.
It was a really long flight from china to Monaco.
When we woke up max handed me the trophy he got in china. I put it in my little trophy cabinet and stare at it. I love it.
Later that day max decides to take me karting.
He grabs my helmet off of the shelf and we leave. 
I get suited up and I'm ready to drive now.
This is my first time driving since I left England.
Charles shows up with Daniel.

Charles, Daniel and max are on the side of the track out of the way but able to see everything that was happening.
Max and Daniel decided to go to q little cart nearby to get me a slushy for when I'm done because it's a hot day.
Their gone now. I've done about 2 more laps since they left and Charles is screaming in joy with how well I'm doing.
I'm not looking where I'm going as I hear max's voice screaming in joy on how fast I'm going.
His voice returning to the crowd made me turn my head and not focus on the track infront of me.
I crash into the wall and flip over and go spinning.

Everyone comes running over.
My ears are ringing.
I get a flashback to the crash with Nathan and my father.
I look to my left and see Nathan hanging there on his side.
I look forward and see my fathers lifeless body.
I can see people around me that are clearly screaming.
Then everything went black.

They took me to the hospital and everything was okay.
I decided never to speak of what I saw during that crash before.
I Never want that bringing up again.
Jad FaceTimes me to check if I'm okay because max had told him about what happened.
I tell him I'm fine.
Everyone keeps making a big fuss of everything that happens to me.
And I just want it to stop.
I'm fine.

I eventually hang up the phone with Jad after calling for a bit.
Max is sitting in the corner of the room in a chair just starting at me. It's a bit scary ngl.
Charles is next to my bed on his phone.
Daniel is at the vending machine.
Charles realises I'm awake finally.

"See I told you all she'd be fine." Charles blurts out
Nobody replies.
Everyone is just sat in silence until it's broken by a nurse saying that everything's fine and I can go home now.
Nobody ever really spoke about that day again.
————————————————————————

MAX POV:

I leave to go get Y/n a slushy because it's a hot day and it's always nice to have a cold drink when you get out of the kart.
I come back and she is zooming by doing amazing.
Charles is yelling about how well she's doing and congratulating her.
I yell over him
"YOUR GOONG SO FAST Y/N WOOOOO"
Not realising what I had just caused.

I watch as she turns her head to the sound of my voice. Her kart going so fast and she isn't letting it slow down.
She keeps gaining speed as she crashes into the wall and flips over then spinning onto her side.

I run over with Daniel and Charles. Tears streaming down my face as I think k just watched her die.
I see her eyes open.
She looks confused then tears appear in her waterline leaking out.
She then collapses with her eyes shut and no way of communicating that she is alright.
We take her to the hospital and arrive there in around 3 minutes.

"DOCTOR, SHE WAS JUST IN A CRASH PLEASE HELP HER" Charles says as he runs in carrying Her in his arms.
"What's your relation to her?" the doctor says...
"I'm a friend of hers" Charles replies not knowing what to say
"We need her parents here as quick as possible" the doctor replies
I run in after finally finding a parking space.
"Sir, please stop panicking. What is your relations to this girl?" the doctor asks
I take a second to answer.
"She.. she's my daughter..." I reply back with
"Daughter??" the doctor says looking at me.
"When did you have a daughter? Your max verstappen. You don't have children.."

We all laugh at the comment. Obviously he didn't watch the Race last weekend...

The doctor leaves and comes back around an hour later when y/n is awake.
Luckily there was no major Injuries, she only broke her arm which is very lucky for a crash like that.
We finally get discharged from the hospital. We go back home. Daniel and Charles coming with.
Nobody wants to leave her side.
Daniel gets Into the hot tub with me and Charles makes food.
Y/n takes a picture and posts it on Instagram.
————————————————————————

Liked by❤️: @maxverstappen1, @danielriccardo and 391.4K others

Creator has disabled comments

————————————————————————

Y/N POV:

I post the photo of them on my Instagram story.
Charles is making my favourite meal.
Toad in the hole.
It's one of the simplest but one of the best meals to ever exist.
I'm 15 now, doesn't mean I have to grow up from "childish meals"
We eat dinner, Charles and Daniel leave and me and max go to bed.
Me and max do the same routine as every other night.
We can't break the routine... not for any reason. It's always dinner and bed.
I love our little routine. It shall never be broken...

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

864K 13.6K 33
I loved him, and there were times he loved me too. When the cameras were off and the lights were low, Lando Norris really did love me. I have to bel...
16.8K 533 41
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐑 is the daughter of Christian Horner, the principle of the RedBull formula 1 team. She finally graduated high school a...
66.8K 1.2K 84
"Hello, my name is Zoey Roberts. I am nineteen years old, and I live in England near London. I am feeling refreshed, and I am ready for a new season...
73.8K 1.6K 9
«She's a woman. She can't drive.» A story about a forbidden love between two Formula One drivers. 𝟏 - ♯𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - ♯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝟏...