Enter the Storm

Por Profiler2610

**UNRELIABLE UPDATES AS OF 5/23** Gloria is a true middle child. While her older sister got married, had a ki... Mais

Cast
Graphics
Chapter 1: Troubled Girls

Chapter 2: Hidden

247 13 1
Por Profiler2610

Season 4, Episode 14

Gloria sits at her desk, researching as many people involved with the explosion as she can as Erin starts the briefing, "All right, the tenant is Dan Llewellyn, 35. He's a contractor. Now, we didn't find a cell phone anywhere on the body or on the property. All calls to Llewellyn's cell have gone unanswered, and we can't get a signal location. We've reached out to his family."

"Body's at the ME's office right now. They're trying to track for dental and DNA. Preliminary report says..." Jay accepts the report that Gloria hands him, "We got a male, 6'2, maybe 6'3. That matches Llewellyn's height."

"All right. And that other victim? Was he from that LGBT home?" Voight asks.

"Yeah, he's at Med. I'm trying to get an ID, but the home's director says all their kids are accounted for," Kim tells him.

Voight nods, "All right, Atwater, you and Rixton head over to Med. I want you there when he's ready to talk. And have his clothes sent to the lab. Have them checked for accelerant. He may be our firebug. If CFD says we're not looking at a trained arsonist," Gloria's phone rings as Voight keeps talking, "All right, the rest of you-fire's an easy way to execute a homicide or cover one up. Let's figure out which and why we got two bodies at the same place at the same time."

Al asks Gloria, "What do we got on the home's owner?"

 As Gloria's on the phone, she hands her findings to Jay, "Fred Teague. He's got six properties on the south side, and he's been dancing on and off with the city's Troubled Building Unit for the last few years."

Hanging up, Gloria looks to Al, "And, he's downstairs."

✯✯✯✯

Gloria looks up as Erin leans down next to her, "Have you heard anything about Rixton's old unit and indictment's coming down?"

"Nah. Any contacts from my previous life isn't sharing anything with a thing this fresh. They know that if they speak anything out loud, they can get called in," Gloria tells her, "What's going on?"

"Jay and I got a tip from a guy he trusts that tells us to watch our back with him. You watch yours, okay?"

She nods, handing over some information, "Here's what I've got about the LGBT home. Places like that are used to threats and violence against them. Reynolds is a good place, but people don't look past the LGBT of it all."

✯✯✯✯

Gloria hangs up her phone, looking to Voight, "ME says no dental work or recent surgeries on your victim."

Kim adds, "Canvass says it may have happened too early for witnesses. No neighbors saw or heard anything until the explosion."

Jay leans back in his chair, "Hey, Sarge, um, we gotta ask you about Rixton."

"What about him?"

"We heard that indictments were being handed down in his old unit."

Voight shrugs, shaking his head, "What does that have to do with you?"

Jay looks to the team before saying, "I want to know who's got my back."

"Jeez. I imagine Kenny'd like to know who has his as well," Voight challenges. 

"You'd think that impending indictments would be something that you might, you know, offer up to us," Jay doesn't back down from his questioning, "I know I would."

"So you question a guy that I brought in and vouched for instead of working a case that killed two people?" 

Jay nods, "I can do both at the same time. Trust me."

Rixton walks up to the bullpen at that moment, "Dan Llewellyn stood up for a few gay teens a week and a half ago...punched a grown bully who was threatening them. Harlan Betts. Betts left, but pissed."

Voight looks to Jay, "You and Erin."

✯✯✯✯

Gloria knocks on the door to the interrogation room where Erin and Jay are questioning Betts, "You two are gonna wanna see this."

They follow her out to the bullpen where Voight says, "Hit it."

"Dan Llewellyn, tenant from 3507 Wallace," Dan greets with his girlfriend on his arm.

"He's alive. He's okay."

Erin asks what they are all thinking, "Then...who the hell died in that fire?"

✯✯✯✯

Gloria sips her coffee, "Kimmy, you can stop watching me," She says without looking up from her paperwork.

Kim startles, "Oh, right, uh, sorry."

"What's going on? You have been watching me for weeks now," Gloria questions her sister.

"I just-it's weird seeing you everyday now. I mean, we used to not even talk for years. Now we work together and it's weird, but in a good way, but still...weird."

Chuckling, Gloria gets up for another cup of coffee, "ME is ready for you and Al."

✯✯✯✯

Gloria finishes updating the board, "Curt Framingham worked for Metro Gold Central for five years. No employment before here and no Curt Framingham in Chicago before that."

"There's no Curt or Curtis Framingham countrywide," Al adds, "Not in Lexus Nexus, Face of the Nation, social media."

"However," Gloria adds, "We ran a multistate DMV facial recognition and popped a match for Curt Forrester," She puts up the photo for Forrester, matching that of Curt Framingham, "So, Curt Forrester, aka Curt Framingham, was arrested in Indianapolis in 2010 for running a Ponzi scheme. He funneled client savings to these money-losing businesses to line his own pockets with finders fees. The SEC lost the case when a key witness died during trial. It was a boating accident and from what Al and I could tell, it looks like an actual accident."

"Call HIDTA. Run a deconfliction report on Curt Framingham and on Metro Gold Capital. Let's see if the Feds are into this guy," Erin tells her, Gloria nodding and picking up her phone.

Rixton tells Erin, "I got a guy at the Fed who gets me whatever I want to know. You want me to call him?"

Jay simply says, "We're good."

Gloria is on hold, so she sits and listens to the conversation in front of her as Rixton faces Jay, "Someone want to fill me in on the office gossip?"

Al tells him, "Um...your gang unit pulled indictments for everyone but you...um, why don't you tell us how you worked that out?"

"Well, maybe there was nothing to indict."

"Seven guys taken in, and one in the clear? That happens," Jay comments.

"You wanna say something? Say it," Rixton challenges.

Jay doesn't flinch, "I just did."

Atwater throws his opinion in, "I mean, there's only a couple options, right? I mean, either you're dirty and you got away with it, or you worked a deal. I think we just want to know-"

"You wrote parking tickets for two years to get up here, and you're gonna lecture me? Come talk to me after you work seven years on the front lines."

Gloria shakes her head, "And you can talk when you've actually been the one struggling on the front lines. Don't talk down to Atwater just cause he did this the right way."

"Is there a problem?" Voight asks the team.

"No, Sergeant."

"Well, that's good, cause if I hear one more person talk about anything other than this case and the two people who were killed, I'll put you on the next transfer order. Try me," He turns back to his office.

✯✯✯✯

Gloria hangs up her phone and moves over to Erin's desk, "Hey, there's a Jane Framingham downstairs. She asked to see you."

Erin sighs before getting up.

✯✯✯✯

Jay looks over Gloria's shoulder, "Hey, we got a hit on Framingham at a car rental place on Lake Park Avenue. It's rented to a Curt Forrester."

"The same credit card was used at a gas station on 94, going north."

"Is he going to Canada?" Erin asks.

Gloria clicks to the next statement, "And at a motel off 94, half an hour ago. He's probably bunking down for the night."

Voight nods, gathering the unit, "All right. Let's roll. We're gonna get this bastard before he skips town completely."

Jay squeezes Gloria's shoulder in appreciation as he gets ready for the bust.

✯✯✯✯

Gloria moves around, setting cups of coffee at the officers and detectives desk as they had a lot of paperwork to do before Jay raises his hand, "Hey, um, I'd-I'd like to publicly apologize. There were some whispers and some gossip. I ran with it, and I shouldn't have, okay? You know, this-this whole nonsense-I was leading the charge on this. I'm sorry, man. I had a bad experience with a guy in my unit when I was overseas who was not who he claimed to be. And that's my problem. That's not yours. You're a solid dude, and a good cop, so whatever happened in the gang unit doesn't matter, all right? Man to man, and to the whole team, um, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you can count me in on that, too," Kevin speaks up, "My bad, dog."

"The sister of one of the gang unit cops was beat up after she turned in a banger for robbing her place. ASA didn't have enough to convict the guy who did it, so Rixton's unit went after him. But Kenny wasn't with them. Two cars belonging to other members of the unit were spotted by plate readers one block from where the payback beating went down at the same time it happened. Oh, and one of those cars-one of those cars was approached by a patrolman who was told they were on a narcotics sting, but they'd already clocked out. So it had to be a lie. That's how they got caught. Not by anything Kenny did," Voight tells the team.

Rixton adds in, "I was approached by IAD, but turned down a deal, and I never said a word. Not that my unit believed me."

Kevin asks him, "Why didn't you just say that in the first place?"

Voight says, "Because I told him not to. We were working a case. Plus, his last unit iced him out over a rumor. I wanted to see if you guys were any better."

Erin scoffs, "How did we do?"

"I'll see you at Molly's."

✯✯✯✯

AN: I stayed up a couple nights ago to watch Tokyo N4 on a livestream and that lasted until 6 am my time. I had woken up at 6 am the day before so my brain is not working as well as it needs to.

Chicago PD for me is one of those shows that have moments that I really, really love but most of the time it takes me a little bit to get super into it.

QoC: Who do you want Gloria to be close to?

Thank you for all of the votes and reads and comments!!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

123K 5.6K 25
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
461K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...