My Boy (Billy Hargrove)

By straight_v0dka12

"I can't talk to you right now." Sabrina tried to get out of his grasp but he only squeezed tighter. "Why's t... More

Notice!!
cast
moodboards
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
14

13

23 0 3
By straight_v0dka12

- Sabrina's POV -

   I stare at the field. Billy leans against the wall, cigarette in hand. I've been stealing glances at him, only because I'm curious about why he asked me if I wanted to come?

"You confuse me.." He says, also staring at the field.

Ah. There it is.

"That's why you asked me to come out here..." I sigh out as I lean my head against the wall.

He's silent for a moment.

"That's not what I meant."

"Then how'd you mean it."

Silence again, but this time longer. I look at him, I can tell he's thinking about something, I just couldn't tell what.

"There's something about you, it's weird."

My heart drops.

"Like...there's something different about you."

Those words shoot through me. My mind immediately going back in time.

——

"Papa. I'm scared."

His hand pats my head, immediately comforting me as he does.

"Don't be scared."

"What if I can't do what the others can?" I mumble out, looking into the room I was just about to be in. A can resides on the table. That can being for me. To crush it.

"I don't want you worrying about what they can do, do you know why?"

I shake my head.

"Because you have something different about you. I know you'll make me proud."

——

I can feel the incoming tears, this feeling makes my eyes burn.

"And why do you always disappear?" He asks me.

I don't answer him right away. I'm still trying to regather my thoughts.

"I...I disappear?"

"You just did. It's like your mind wonders off somewhere. You did it today in the cafeteria." He explains to me, finally turning his head.

I look at him. "I guess, I guess sometimes I just zone out."

He shake his head. "No. It's different than that."

I look away for a moment before looking back at him. His bruises are almost all completely gone, which made me happy, but also made me think about our "friendly" little interaction we had.

But I guess I wasn't the only one thinking about it, because only a few seconds later is when he steps closer to me. Staring down at me with dark eyes.

After a few moments of silence, he pulls out a cigarette. I roll my eyes while he sticks it in between his lips with a smirk plastered across his face. He backs up before lighting it.

"Today at lunch, you were looking at the tree line." He glances at me. There is silence for a couple seconds before he starts to speak again. "Your eyes changed."

I listen to him and while I do, my whole body starts to burn. I don't know why but something about this conversation is just, hurting my head.

"like you saw something."

Billy doesn't seem like the type of person to talk about this kind of stuff, but I listen anyway, because he is right. I did see something odd.

"I did.." I mutter, looking down at my feet. My body continued to burn, the feeling started to become uncomfortable.

I could hear him about to say something, but before he could, I hear the bell ring from inside the school. He doesn't say anything, just throws his cigarette on the ground.

I watch as he steps on it.

"See you around Carter."

I nod, as I watch him walk away. As soon as he's out of sight, the burning sensation leaves my body. This is weird. I continue to lean against the wall, after a few moments I lift my head to look out at the tree line again. My stomach twists.

I don't know how to explain it, but I can feel that there is something off and I have a weird feeling that Billy Hargrove might have something to do with it.

Whether he knows it or not.

-

"How was school?" My mom asks me as I walk through the doors.

I walk into the kitchen and sit at the bar. "It was good." I answer with the same thing I do every time she asks.

"Well. I have some exciting news."

I can almost guarantee that what she is about to say, is not exciting.

"Your dad has a business meeting for a week, and I think I'm going to go with him." She says. "And I was going to ask the Hargrove's to check in on you guys while we're gone."

I drop my head on the counter, totally disregarding how hard I just slammed my head.

"Honey?"

I groan.

"I'm 17. Am I not old enough to take care of myself and Beth?" I say, slightly lifting my head up.

She smiles. "I know you are, but it would just make me feel better if I knew that there was someone checking in on you every once in a while."

Someone?

"So Susan is going to tell Billy to check in on you guys everyday after school."

How fucking wonderful.

"Great mom."

"He's also going to bring Max over so her and Beth can hang out." She pauses. "I love how close you and him are getting. It reminds me of your dad and I when we were younger." She turns around and opens the fridge, I look at her with wide eyes and a slightly open jaw.

I pretend to bang my fists on the counter before standing up. "I'm going to go upstairs." I say calmly before silently screaming as I made my way up the stairs.

Once I get up there, I jump on my bed and start to dial Layla. As the phone is ringing, I start to wonder if he knows already. If he knows that his job is to practically BABYSIT ME.

"What's up?"

"Guess what."

"Hm?"

"Guess who "hired" a certain someone to come over to my house EVERYDAY after school..." I look back at the door to make sure it's shut before continuing my screaming session. "FOR A WHOLE WEEK."

I can hear her laugh through the phone. What is funny? Nothing about this is funny!

"Is this certain someone...Billy Hargrove?" She practically sings.

I groan and stuff my face in my pillow.

"Y'know. I could picture you and Billy more than I could've pictured Mandy and Billy." She says.

I lift my head up and slightly bite my lip. No way she just said that.

"Don't tell her I said that though. She'd kill me.." she pauses. "She's so protective of him. It's weird. Like one time she even mentioned something about you and him."

That's what caught my attention.

"Wait what? What'd she say?" I hold the phone closer to my ear.

She makes a 'mmm' noise as she thinks.

"She said that you and Billy are always around each other and that she didn't like it, she said she thought you liked him or something. But I said that he totally wasn't your type at all." She explains to me.

"Yeah..." I play with the thread at the end of my blanket.

"What?" She asks.

"Nothing you're right."

I stop.

"He's totally not my type at all."

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 409 38
๐Ž๐๐„ ๐๐Ž๐•๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘'๐’ ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐š ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐  ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐จ๏ฟฝ...
112K 3.6K 28
๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ. โ”‹ใ€ ๐’๐๐€๐‘๐Š๐’ ๐…๐‹๐˜ ใ€‘- ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ, ๐˜ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ. ๐Ÿ’ฅ. *. โ‹† เฉˆโœฉโ€ง เณƒโ€โžท - - - ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡... one hook up ca...
4M 104K 42
"Two damaged people trying to heal each other is love." He mumbled. In which a boy that came from an abusive home fell in love with a girl who felt l...
187 0 26
Steve Harrington and childhood best friend Layla Hopper find themselves in new scary situations with adults, teens, and mostly middle schoolers. So t...