Fallen Stars| ✎

Trick_writes tarafından

"You obsessed, Riv?" "Always have and always will and nothing is going to change that." - Ella Reid the gi... Daha Fazla

preface
playlist
charcter aesthetic
Prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen

charpter fourteen

1.5K 48 18
Trick_writes tarafından

I pop a piece of strawberry into my mouth as I use my free hand to write down what I want to go over with River.

I glance up for a moment at mom. Her black hair was in a messy ponytail. She looked like she just got out of the shop.

"Hey mama." I greet, looking back down, and begin reading and taking notes. "How's June? She hasn't been over in a while." I pause midway through highlighting to look up at my mother.

I bite the inside of my lips as I try to decide what to do. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Shes... We aren't friends." I whisper. Mom's brow shut up in surprise.

June was like another kid to Mom. June was over all the time. Like 8 days out of the week. It was like she lived here.

"What happened?" She walked around the counter to stand closer to me. My eyes began to burn at the memory of that night.

"I'm an idiot." I cover my face with my hands. It was if I needed to hide from my mom. "You're not an idiot." Mom's comforting voice fills my ears.

I spill everything on her as I cry. She does not say anything; she just listens. She will occasionally nod her head or hum.

I loved that about her. She never tried to interrupt me, try to tell me what I needed to do, or tell me how I should feel.

"It's okay, honey." She says this as she pulls me to her, hugging me. "She'll realize one day and come back." She tries to reassure me, but it doesn't help much.

"What if she doesn't?" I pull back to look at her. She gave me a sad smile. Mom brushed away my tears as she spoke softly.

"Then it's for the best, Ella. People come and people go." I knew she was right. She was always right.

"Now, how about you help me cook?" Mom said, pulling back. I nod my head. She drops her hands from my food and gives me a kiss on the head before walking to the fridge.

Maybe I just need to stop thinking about her. When June realizes it, she'll come back.

Hopefully.

Mom and I talk the whole time. We talk about anything and everything. I love that mom, and I can talk for a long time.

I knew I could tell mom about everything that goes through my mind when I'm alone, but I don't want to worry her. I don't want to worry anyone, so I would rather keep it to myself.

"So?" She dragged me out. I turn, looking at her. She had a mischievous grin on her face. I already knew she was going to ask me a ridiculous question.

"Are you talking to any boys?" My heart sank. I could feel my eyes widen a bit, but I hoped she wouldn't notice. "No." I say, looking back at the vegetables that I was cutting.

I hear Mom hum. I glanced over at her quickly. Her dark brows were drawn together as if she were thinking.

"Liar." My head snaps over to her. A smile was plastered on her face. She knew, and she wouldn't stop until I at least gave her some type of information.

"I'm not–" She cuts me off. "Then I'll ask Noah to find out." I swear it probably looked like my eyes were about to pop out of its socket.

If Noah knew, he would do anything to find out who it was. "Fine." I snapped. I tried to think of something.

It had to be believable, or she would see right through me. "I met him at a party." I could see her face change at the thought of me being at a party, but she didn't say anything.

It wasn't fully a lie.

I did meet a guy at a party.

"What's his name?" She asked as she began putting the cut vegetables into the rolled-out dough and rolling it into a dumpling.

That reminded me that I still need to get his name and apologize for the way River behaved. "I never got his name." I shrug.

"What guy?" I turn to find my brother leaning on the counter. River stood next to him. His dark eyes looked at me, but it felt as though he was staring at my soul.

It was like I was stuck in a trance. I couldn't take my eyes off him. "Yeah, what, guy?" I glare at River. Noah looked protective, while River had a grin on his face.

"I'm going to my room." I say, putting the knife down and walking out of the kitchen. I could hear Mom telling Noah that he should leave it alone.

Before I could shut my door, a hand pushed it open. My eyes widened once I saw River.
"My brother—" I whispered.

River looks behind him before closing the door. "Don't worry, Ella. He's still talking to your mom." How could I not worry? Any minute, Noah could walk in and see us.

"Can I kiss you?" He steps closer, not taking his eyes off of me. "Just once." He adds, his eyes dropping to my lips for a moment.

Unable to speak, I nod. If I were being honest, I wanted him to kiss me the moment my eyes met his in the kitchen.

His lips brush mine, butterflies bursting in my stomach. River's hand cupped my jaw as he deepened the kiss.

His lips were soft and warm. He pulled back, looking down at me with a smile.

When he went to kiss me again, I stepped back. "You said one kiss." I grin. Rivers' jaw clenched, a smirk on his lips.

"What if I wanted another one?" He asked, tilting his head just a tad bit. "You obsessed, Riv?" I tease.

He takes a step closer. Rivers' eyes burned into my skin. It was like he was taking in every detail.

Rivers' voice was low and deep as he spoke. "Always have and always will, and nothing is going to change that."

I could feel my face heat, which only caused his grin to grow into a full-blown smile. If it were for the out-of-nowhere feeling of shyness, I would have admired it a bit longer.

"Okay, your time to leave." I push on his chest, trying to spin him around. "Oh, do you hear that it's Noah looking for you?" I quickly say this before swiftly opening the door and shoving him out of my room.

I could hear his deep laugh as I shut my door. I pressed my head against the door, my heart slowing its pace.

A faint knock on my door. "Goodnight Ella." River said through the door. I could hear his footsteps becoming faint.

I let out a breath. What am I doing? I've tried so hard not to feel anything for him for so many years, but here I am feeling as though I might pass out.

"Forget it, I'm going to bed."

***

"Get up." I feel a yank on my foot, jerking me awake. My body flies up to find my brother standing at the foot of my bed.

My heart was racing. He just ruined my whole day. I glare at my older brother. Noah's brown eyes widened when I launched forward.

"Hey, wait, let's talk about this!" He yelled as he stumbled around my room, trying to get away from me.

"Look, it's a unicorn." He pointed toward my closet. When I didn't look at the lie he had just thrown at me, he started pleading.

"Ella, forgive me. You'll be the best sibling." He let out a scream when I jumped forward, grabbing his hair and yanking him down.

"Do that again, and I swear I will cut this all off in your sleep." I say as I grip his hair harder. I let go of his hair, shoving him away from me.

"You're a bitch." Noah said as he rubbed his head. "And you're a cunt." I snapped. I hate when I am woken up.

It can ruin my whole mood.

I either have to wake up on my own or by an alarm. "Mom wants us to work at the raceway today." I let out a huff. But it's the weekend. I wanted to sleep in.

I throw myself onto my bed, face first. I'm so tired. I let out a yell into my pillow. Once I hear Noah leave, I finally get out of bed.

I took a short shower and did my morning routine before getting ready for work. Mom doesn't make her workers wear uniforms; she just tells everyone to wear their nametag.

I wore a black t-shirt with a graphic design on it and a pair of baggy jeans. I slip on my converse and head down stairs.

I throw my hair into a claw clip as I enter the kitchen. Once a month, mom and dad go out of town for dates. I find it cute, but Noah finds it annoying.

I smile at my mom as she tries her best to fix her hair. "Mom, you look good." I pulled her hands away from her hair so she didn't somehow fuck up her hair.

Mom gave me a look. "No, I look old." I roll my eyes at her. She looks far from old. Mom still looks like she's in her late 20s or early 30s.

"No, you don't, mom, you look pretty." Matty chimes in. Mom's face softens a bit. "Fine, fine. I believe you." I knew she didn't fully believe us, but once dad says something, she will.

"Ready, my love?" Dad asked as he walked into the kitchen. Mom gave him a nod. "Don't let your brother do anything stupid, please." Dad whispered before giving me a kiss on the head.

Noah huffed, obviously hearing what our dad had said. "Love you guys. Here, 50 for food." Mom handed Noah the 50-dollar bill before leaving.

I glance over at my brothers and wonder where Amira is. "Where is Amira?" Noah shrugged as he walked back upstairs.

I glance over at my younger brother. He steps closer and whispers. "She is trying to get a job." My brows furrow.

Amira is still in college. And why would she get a job four hours away from her college? "How do you know?" Matthias leaned back, shrugging as he spoke.

"I know everything." He smirked before heading into the living room.

I felt like he met more than he was leading on. I watch as my fifth-year-old brother walks away.

I check the time, seeing that we have an hour before all of us have to leave for the raceway.

When the front door opens, I spot Autumn. She had short brown hair that went to about her shoulders.

Autumn and Matthias have been friends forever. They moved in next door when Matty was around 3 and ever since Matthias and Autumn have been stuck at the hip.

"Where is he?" She asked as she tried fixing her brown bangs. "In the living room." I said, pointing behind me.

She gives me a smile before disappearing behind me. All of a sudden, I hear a loud scream, causing me to jerk.

"I hate you." Matty yells, but soon follows in with his best friend's laughter.

"This is going to be a long day."

I do apologize for disappearing and I know people don't really care and just want chapters but I'm trying to get back into writing.

So please understand if it takes me a while to write and edit chapters.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.2K 118 53
Nina Morgan is a quiet person, she's experienced the loss of a loved one. Three years later she is still stuck in the same hole as before without an...
1.8M 54K 32
Ella is falling apart trying to live a "perfect" high school life. Then she meets Ren, who can see past her scars. Suddenly perfection isn't her only...
8.3M 123K 64
"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞�...
16.1K 670 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...