This changes everything

Autorstwa lilliant200

When 22 year old Abi Armstrong moves to England to complete her Masters in sports psychology, she meets a men... Więcej

Author's Note
Chapter 1: New beginnings
Chapter 2: Arsenal
Chapter 3: Coffee
Chapter 4: A car ride of apologies
Chapter 5: Surprises
Chapter 6: A visitor and a fight
Chapter 7: Betrayal
Chapter 8: Alex
Chapter 9: The morning after
Chapter 10: Parents
Chapter 11: Brothers
Chapter 12: Truths
Chapter 13: 1000 piece puzzles
Chapter 14: Back to London
Chapter 15: Turning 23
Chapter 16: Its Just Dinner
Chapter 17: I Miss You's
Chapter 18: December
Chapter 19: Red Dress
Chapter 20: New years eve
Chapter 21: Part two
Chapter 22: New girl
Chapter 23: Thesis
Chapter 24: Changing lives
Chapter 25: Across the sea
Chapter 27: How do we move on from this?
Chapter 28: Moving on from it
Chapter 29: From red to blue
NOT AN UPDATE

Chapter 26: Wedding bells

941 37 3
Autorstwa lilliant200

After a few days spent back in my hometown, with my mum, Leah, and Jason, we were headed to British Columbia for Alex's wedding. 

Since I was Alex's maid of honour the next few days for me would be some of the most stressful.  From helping Alex getting last minute touches finished, rehearsal dinners, getting her vendors to stay after she screamed at them out of anxiety, reassuring her I would drive the getaway car if she had cold feet, I was honestly stressed out, so I forced Leah to help me with all of this.  Considering both Alex and I were two people that got stressed fairly easily, Leah being there made me believe I could at least have a level-head, so Alex was the only one having to deal with these emotions.  

Jason drove us all to the airport early that morning.  Our flight was set to leave at six thirty that morning, so we would land before noon in Vancouver.  Alex wanted this so more time would be devoted for her. 

Luckily when we got to the airport our flights weren't delayed or anything, which would only cause more stress. 

Leah got noticed at the airport by a little girl, she got noticed more on our way here, but she was an english footballer, so for her it was more of an honour getting recognized in a country she had never been to before. 

The girl looked to be about ten years old, she was telling Leah how her dream one day was to play in the WSL and for team Canada, she never said Arsenal was her favourite team, but you could tell by the way she was gushing over meeting Leah that it was in her top. 

"Why are you even in Toronto?" 

"Well, one of my very good friends is from here, and her best friend is getting married, so I thought I would tag along" 

I wasn't even apart of their conversation, but I could hear them clearly, and Leah pointed at me, her very good friend. 

"So you're like her date?" 

"Something like that" 

Leah and I could never tell anyone about our relationship, we knew that when we got togegther in the first place, but it was times like this, hearing it out loud, saying that we were just friends, made me wish this wasn't something that had to be private.  Sometimes I wished our love could be shared with the world. 

---- 

The flight was fine, I fell asleep on Leah's shoulder, but once she landed she told me she couldn't sleep.  I felt bad knowing we would probably have a few sleepless nights ahead of us, but she told me she was fine, just a bit of flight anxiety. 

Once we got to the hotel we got the keys to our room, and we both said bye to my mum and Jason, as they headed to their own room, to get a few more hours of sleep, before the dinner tonight.  The rehearsal dinner wasn't until tomorrow night, but with most of the bridal party and families flying in today, Alex wanted to do a dinner with everyone, almost like a celebration.  

We headed to our own room to drop off our bags, but Leah had to head straight to the bed.  She jumped on it and laid face down. 

"Le we don't have time for this" 

I heard her groan into the duvet cover her face was smushed into. 

"Can we just take five minutes to appreciate where we are?" 

She was right in a way.  Our hotel was gorgeous, and from our window we had a great view of the North shore mountains, that overlooked Vancouver. 

"Your face is in the duvet, you can't appreciate anything" 

She got herself up, and walked towards me, only pulling me into the bed with her, now her face was directed towards me. 

"I mean appreciate you and the gorgeous town we're in right now" 

I smiled at her, and we shared a passionate kiss. 

"Alex is going to kill me" 

----

We stayed in that bed for far too long.  We soon Left and Headed to her mum's place where she kept everything she had made for the wedding.  I was surprised she was staying there, and she told me that she was only doing it so she could use her house as a storage unit. 

Leah knocked on the front door, and I was hiding behind her.  If Alex saw her first, there was no way she could get mad at me. 

Alex did open the door. 

"You literally said you would be here right after you got to the hotel" 

And my plan didn't work. 

"Our flight got delayed, I'm sorry" 

"Bullshit, I was tracking your flight" 

The backup plan didn't even work. 

"Don't worry we're at your service" 

I rolled my eyes as she turned her head to pull me into the chaos that was her mum's home.  The living room was like its own florist, the kitchen was filled with table cards, and signs that were going to be set up around the venue, it was crazy. 

"Why didn't you have all of this delivered to the venue?" 

"I thought it would be best for it to come here, just in case I needed to make my own changes, I won't have anytime to do it the day of" 

Of course she did. 

The rest of the day, we spent making her cocktail menus that she was going to have at every table setting.  They were offering other drinks, but both Alex and Seb each had their own cocktail in honour of them.  

Leah and I finished our day off helping Alex out, and then went straight to the dinner, I borrowed Alex's clothes because we didn't have time to go back and change, and then Leah had to wear what she was already wearing. 

The dinner finished around 12 am, and we soon headed back to our hotel room to get a much needed rest, even though we had to be up seven hours later to drive back and forth from Alex's mum's house to the venue to drop some things off. 

Leah and I were soon getting ready for bed, well Leah was, I laid in the bed as soon as we got back, and I couldn't move my body, I was stuck. 

"She seems pretty stressed out hey?" 

Alex was yelling at Leah all day, apparently she wasn't folding paper right. 

"She's getting married in two days, she's allowed to be stressed" 

Leah chuckled under her breath. 

"Were you not complaining about her on the way back here?" 

"She's my best friend, I'm allowed to complain in the moment, then realize why she's acting that way" 

Leah finished brushing her teeth, then joined me in bed.  I tried to lay my head on her chest, but she stopped me. 

"You're not allowed to sleep until you wash your face and brush your teeth" 

I laughed and laid my head on her chest anyway, this time she didn't protest.  

"Le, I'm too tired to get up" 

"I know, but then you're going to wake up tomorrow and get mad at me because I didn't force you up" 

I closed my eyes. 

"I won't I promise" 

Soon I passed out on Leah's chest, never getting up, and I did end up getting mad at her the next day.

----- 

The next day was spent driving lots, making sure the wedding planners knew where Alex wanted everything since she didn't want to see it until mostly everything was ready.  So I played messenger the entire day and Leah was by my side. 

Then it was the rehearsal dinner that night, Alex finally started to stress a little less, because everything was coming together for her's and Seb's special day. 

And Today, well today was the big day. I woke up early to head to the bridal sweet Alex was staying in, I left Leah while she was still sleeping, seeing as she only had to get herself ready. 

It was just Alex and I in the sweet, since she only had myself as her maid of honour, but we spent some much needed girl time that we haven't had together in a long time. 

She had makeup artists and hair stylists to get us ready, and we were sipping mimosas while we were getting pampered.  It was at this point her stress had turned into her being sentimental. 

"I'm so thankful I get to do this with you Abi, I seriously don't know what I would've done without you" 

I gave her a smile. 

"Don't worry, you'll be in my position when I get married" 

"To Leah?" 

"Yeah but it won't be for a while" 

"Why?" 

"I would marry her today if I could, but it's just the logistics, we can't even share our love to the world, without everything around us crumbling to pieces" 

She nodded her head and we finished getting ready. 

---- 

I headed to the bathroom to put on my dress, the red dress, while Alex put on her own.  My mum was here at this point helping her put it on.  I had already seen the dress, but seeing it, with her hair and makeup done, made seeing her in it so much more special. 

I waited after putting my own on, so we had our own little reveal. 

She called my name, and I stepped out. 

I instantly started to tear up.  Seeing my best friend in her wedding dress, only a couple hours away from marrying the love of her life, this, this was a memory I will cherish for the rest of my life. 

I ran up and gave her a hug and we were both tearing up at this point.  We kept looking up so no actual tears would come out, we couldn't ruin our makeup before the ceremony even started. 

Then, there was a knock at the door, my mum went to go get it, and she opened the door, and Leah stood there.  She decided to wear a suit instead of a dress, because she didn't want to outshine me, but I still think she would no matter what she wore.

When her gaze fell onto to me, I could tell she was at a loss for words. 

"Wow, Ab, I don't even know what to say" 

I smiled. 

"Don't worry, you can tell me later when we're drunk" 

---- 

The ceremony was beautiful.  I cried the entire time, but especially at Alex and Seb's vows for each other.  Both were incredibly written pieces of literature, and they cemented their love forever. 

We couldn't head straight to the reception, since We had to take pictures.  Leah decided to stick around with my mum, and Jason, watching the photographing occur. 

We soon headed to the reception, where we ate a nice dinner, and had lots of cocktails.  Alex's vision came to life, and it was such a beautiful site to see.  

Soon it became time for speeches, and I was going last, right before their first dance.

I stood up, pretty drunk at this point, and I pulled out the piece of paper I had stowed away in my purse. 

I began to read, and the tears instantly started pouring out. 

"When Alex asked me to be her maid of honour, it wasn't even a question, I met Alex in our first year of university, we joined our sorority at the same time, I thought she hated me and she thought the same, but the second we had our first conversation, we were attached at the hip, we did everything together, and then in our second year she met Seb.  At this point I was mad that I had to share my best friend with some random guy, but he soon became like a brother to me.  When we all moved in together for Alex and mine's last year of university, we truly all became a small family.  Seb, I couldn't think of a better man that gets to call my best friend his wife, thank you for cooking us dinner most nights, for dealing with me and my ex boyfriend getting in the most outrageous fights in the room next to yours, but most importantly, thank you for giving me the best piece of advice, that love conquers all.  And Alex, there's a thousand things I could stand  here and say about our friendship and you, but that would take hours.  The one thing I will say though, is that you are my platonic soulmate, and I'm the happiest girl knowing I get to live life with you, um anyways, I think it's time for your first dance" 

The crowd cheered, and I sat back down in my seat, which was next to Leah's, and she pulled me in close to her. 

We watched as Alex and Seb danced, they truly looked magical. 

"You look really gorgeous tonight, and especially in red, god Abi, you got me stumbling on my words" 

I laughed. 

"Maybe you're just drunk Le" 

"Maybe, but there's just something about you, I love you" 

"I love you too" 

We continued watching Alex and Seb dance, and we sat there.  Me in Leah's arms. 

---- 

A/N: 

-A bit of a longer chapter, but I wanted to put all of this in one, so I hope you guys enjoy it was really fun to write this one:) 

-As always thanks for all the love:)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

75.1K 1.8K 36
arsenal and england youngster alex smith (16) has had a tough childhood. what happens when her boyfriend breaks up with her and it pushes her over th...
57K 1.4K 30
A young physiotherapist from Australia, Peyton Ackley, moves to England to achieve her dream of changing Women's Sports. Where will this new life tak...
122K 2.3K 30
Aleid van Alstine has been representing the Netherlands since she was seventeen, kickstarting her career at nearby club FC Twente, before moving to G...
167K 5.6K 46
Arsenal hires a new therapist in the wake of three key players tearing their ACLs. Emily Davis was the lead therapist at Angel City before her move t...