Episode Rewrites - Iss Pyaar...

By ThiyasMusings

My wishful musings of scenes from IPKKND ☺️ More

Iss Mai Khushi Ki Kya Ghalti Hai? (S3 E40)

Ek bohot badi ghalatfehmi thi (S2, E24)

1.1K 97 22
By ThiyasMusings

Hello there my lovely readers, hope everyone is doing well.

I have gotten bit by the writers bug again 😂.. I have another fan fic in the works, but I am not yet 100% sure how I want the story to progress, and I do not want to start posting chapters without knowing where i am heading with it, without knowing my end game.

So till then, I will be posting one shots in here (When ever inspirations strike).. my takes on what could have / should have happened in certain scenes from the show.

Hope you all enjoy 😊 Do forgive me if anyone seems a little bit out of character 😅🙏

--------------

"Yeh aap humse naahi poochiye.. Shayad Miss. Kashyap unhe Janmaashtami ka nyota de kar aayi thi" (Do not ask me about this.. Maybe Miss Kashyap had given them an invitation for Janmashtami) Arnav is shocked, then turned to Lavanya, looking at her for an explanation. Lavanya rushed away from there, fearing Arnav's anger. Devyani glared in her wake, Anjali got worried things might escalate leading her brother and grandmother to lock horns again, so she tried to diffuse the situation quickly

"Naani, Chote.. ab bas bohot hogaya.. dekhiye jo bhi kuch tha woh ek bohot badi ghalat fehmi thi, aur ab tho woh sab teek hogaya hai" (Naani, Chote.. enough now, it is getting out of hand.. look, what ever happened was a very big misunderstanding, and now it is all good) Khushi felt very hurt with Anjali's words, Madhumati and Payal fumed, but the trio stayed silent. Anjali continued, without knowing she is fuelling the fire burning inside Madhumati "Pooja ke din yeh sab teek nahi hai.." (All this is not right on the day of the pooja) Arnav turned his gaze towards Khushi and saw the unshed tears brimming in her eyes. 

He wanted to know what really happened here.. "aaplog sab pooja ke liye chaliye" (All of you come for the pooja) Saying so, she walked way, Manorama, Manohar and Akash followed her. Arnav was about to walk away, when Khushi looked up, directly into his eyes, a few tears dropped from her eye. She kept looking at him, he felt like she was expecting him to say something.. something to appease her broken heart.. something to stop the hurt..

A few seconds later she turned away, disappointed.. Arnav couldn't help the pang he felt.. but he walked away, he slowed his steps down when he heard his grandmother's voice again "Madhumati Ji, hum aapse maafi maangat hai.. kabhi kabhi bachon se ghalti hojavat hai" (Madhumatiji.. I am asking you for forgiveness.. sometimes children make mistakes) and that was the last straw for Madhumati.

"ghalti?" (Mistake?) she asked aghast "yeh aapko sirf ek ghalti thi nand kishore?" (This was just a mistake for you NandKishore?) the anger in her voice made Devyani shake her head immediately, regretting her choice of words, and Arnav come to a complete stop "humaari bachi ki itna bada apmaan hua hai... aur aap keh rahi hai ke bachon se ghalti hojavat hai?" (My child has been insulted so much.. and you are saying that children make mistakes?) Madhumati's voice raised due to anger, Arnav turned around, anger evident in his eyes.. was it at Madhumati for talking to Devyani that way, or was it because he learnt that Khushi had been insulted.. only he knew the answer to that.

Madhumati's voice had brought Anjali back to the hall with Manorama on her tail "Buaji.." Khushi held Madhumati's arm and looked at her, pleading to let it go, "Kaa? kaa buaji?" (What? What Buaji?) Madhumati's anger now turned on Khushi "Humne tumse ussi din hi kahan tha... ee ghar maa kaam karne ki kono zaroorat naahi hai.. kaha tha ki naahi?" (I told you that day itself.. there is no need for you to come to this house for work.. did I say that or not?) Khushi nodded vigorously, her eyes flicked to Arnav for a seconds before turning back to Madhumati "tumne humri baat maani? nai! tu kab kisi ki baat maanti ho?.. sirf apna man maani karni hai tumhe.. ab dekhliya uska nateeja.. milgayi tasalli?" (Did you listen to me? No! When do you ever listen to anyone? You just want to do as per your own wish.. now did you see the result of that? Are you satisfied?)

Madhumati was livid, Khushi knew her anger was justified, but didn't her aunt know why she had to come back here to work? Maybe she should remind her? "Buaji.. aapko pata hai na.. hum yahan kaam karne ke liye majboor hai" (Buaji.. You know right.. I am forced to work here..) Khushi said softly, Madhumati looked at Anjali with enraged eyes while Anjali averted her eyes feeling guilty. Arnav noticed this and stepped forward.. he had a very bad feeling about everything. "Aur ab humare liye yeh naukri bohot zaroori hai.. Babuji.." (and now this job is very much needed for us.. Babuji.. ) Khushi's throat constricted as she remembered her mother's teary voice informing her about the ill health of her father.

Payal knew from the look on her aunt's face that her anger was increasing, she held her arm and shook her head, pleading with her eyes not to shout and hurt Khushi any more. Madhumati took a deep breath, "Titaliya" She made Khushi physically turn and face her, she lifted her face up "Hume pata hai, ke tum parivaar ke liye kuch bhi sehne ke liye tayyaar hai.. humne apni aakhon se dekha hai tumhe sab chup chaap sehte hue" (I know that you are ready to bear anything for the sake of the family.. I have seen with my own eyes what all you have borne in silence

"Lekin tumhe har roz aise tute hue dekhne ke liye humri dil mai aur taakat nahi hai titaliya.. Sashi Babua ne tumhe aur Payalia ko humri bharose eeha bheja tha... hum ooka kya jawab denge? kya tumhe lagta hai ke tumri Amma aur Babuji yeh jaan ke khush honge ke unke karza jukaane ki khatir tumhe yeh sab sehna pad raha hai?" (but I do not have the strength in my heart to see you broken like this everyday. Sashi sent you and Payal here by putting his trust in me.. what answer would I give him? Do you think your Amma and Babuji will be happy if they learn that you have been baring all this just so you could pay off their loans?) Khushi shook her head, her parents would be mortified if they found out 

"Aaj oo ladki ne tumri jaanbeet karne khatir police bulaayi thi... oo bhi tab.. jab hum sab bade the ghar mai... kal akele mai na jaane kaa karke baitegi... hume darr hai ke tumhe phasaane ke liye woh kisi bhi hadd tak gir sakti hai.. humri dil keh rahi hai ke agar tumne yahan kaam karna jaari rakha tho kuch na kuch zaroor ghalat hoga.. Hum koi aur raasta doond lenge titaliyaa.. teek hai?" (Today that girl had called the police to investigate you.. that too when all of us elders were present... tomorrow who knows what she will do in private.. I am scared that she would stoop to any level to trap you.. My gut tells me that if you continue working here, then something bad will definitely happen.. We will find some other way Titaliya... okay?) Khushi looked down as tears dropped down from her eyes, she nodded her head, letting her aunt know that she agreed.

Arnav clenched his fist and jaw in anger, What on earth had Lavanya done? He knew she did not like Khushi coming here to 'train' her.. but she did say that she would try anything to win Naani over.. so why had she gone ahead and done something like this. As it is, his grandmother did not like even the sight of her, why was she trying to complicate things even further by insulting the people his grandmother held dear to her heart.

Madhumati gestured at her niece to come closer to Khushi, Payal stepped forward and held Khushi around the shoulders, Madhumati turned towards Devyani, she folded her hand, she genuinely regretted raising her voice at the older woman.. Devyani had been nothing but supportive during the entire ordeal "Humka maaf kardo NandKishore.. aapne hume eeha pooja mai paat lene khatir bulaaye the.. lekin ab humri mann naahi hai..." (Forgive me NandKishore.. You called me here to take part in the pooja, but now I am not in the mood to do so.) Devyani nodded in understanding

Madhumati turned to Anjali "aaj se Khushi eeha nahi aayegi kaam karne ke liye... aap koi aur dhoond lena aapki ghar ki hone wali bahu ko ache sanskaar sikhaane" (From today Khushi will not be coming here to work.. you better look for someone else to teach your future daughter in law good values) Though polite, the distaste was evident in Madhumati's tone. Anjali looked up, worried that she was going to loose the only chance she had, to make Lavanya likeable to Devyani, she wanted to stop Khushi from quitting, but she did not have the courage to say anything.. not after everything that transpired.. Lavanya had left no stone unturned to spoil her own chances, and now if she opened her mouth, Anjali knew she would be reprimanded by her grandmother.

Payal's head jerked up as she remembered something "Buaji.. woh contract.." (Buaji.. that contract) She turned to Anjali "Kya hume aapke company ko woh ek laakh rupiya dena padega?" (Would we have to pay your company 1 lakh rupees?) Anjali's eyes widened at her words, Khushi saw the expression change on Arnav's face and she pressed Payal's hand asking her to stop. 

Arnav and Devyani were confused.. they turned to Anjali and from her face they understood that there was something here that they did not know "Di.. what contract is Payal talking about?" Khushi was very familiar with that tone of his.. he was on the verge of erupting.. she gulped down.

"Wohi contract... jo aapne humari behen se sign karvaya tha.. aur uski jeena mushkil kardiya tha office mai" (The same contract.. that you made my sister sign.. and made her life miserable in the office) Payal said with disgust and Arnav felt guilt consuming him again, "Jiji... bas" (Jiji.. enough) Khushi pleaded with Payal by whispering, but Payal paid no heed "ab ussi contract ko istemaal karke Anjali ji ne Khushi ko yahan kaam karne pe majboor kiya tha" (Now using the same contract Anjaliji forced Khushi to work here)

Devyani gasped and Arnav gaped at Anjali in utter disbelief, the two of them too shocked to speak anything. Anjali stood with her head bent down in shame, while Manorama gulped in fear looking at her nephew and mother in law.

"Ee sab kaa hai Anjali bitiya? kaa Payal bitiya sach kahat hai? aapne Khushi bitiya ko eeha aake kaam karne pe majboor kiye the? yeh jaante hue bhi ke Chote unke saat pehle kaise vyavhaar kiye the?" (What is all this Anjali? Is Payal telling the truth? You forced Khushi to work here? even after knowing how Chote behaved with her in the past?) Devyani looked at her grandchildren with utter disappointment, while the two of them stood still, unable to meet her eye.

"Hume aapse yeh umeed nahi thi Anjali" (I did not expect this from you Anjali) Devyani's words made Anjali cry "hello hi bye bye.. ruladiya na humri bitiya ko" (Hello Hi Bye Bye.. you made our daughter cry right) Manorama spat out glaring towards Payal for outing the secret, "Manorama! ee mat bhuliye ke ee baar ghalti humri bitiya ki hi thi" (Manorama! Don't forget that this time it was our daughter who is at fault) Manorama twisted her lips then put her arms around Anjali and took her away from the hall, mainly to save her from Devyani's wrath.

Madhumati felt it was better they left from here "Khusi.. jaake apna samaan leke aao.. hume abhi chalna chahiye" (Khushi.. go get your things.. We have to leave now) Khushi nodded her head and slowly walked towards the coffee table where her bag was placed, when she was about to pass Arnav, she stopped and looked at him, he saw the hurt in her eyes, he turned away unable to look at her anymore... knowing that it was his own people who had caused the pain he saw in Khushi's eyes gnawed on his heart.

When Khushi walked back Devyani held her hand "Khushi bitiya" (Khushi my child) Sab ke taraf se hum aap se maafi maangat hai.." (I am asking you for forgiveness on everyone's behalf) Khushi immediately shook her head "Naani... aap humse badi hai.. aap kyun maafi maang rahe hai" (Naani.. you are elder to me.. why are you apologising?) Devyani sighed "Agar ghalti karne waale humri parivaar ke bache hai tho iss ghar ki bade hone ke naate ee humri farz hai... Apna khayaal rakhna bitiya.. Hamesha khush rehna" (If the ones who have commited the mistakes are the children of my house.. then as the elder of the house, this is my duty.. Take care of yourself my child.. always be happy) Devyani kissed Khushi on the forehead and hugged her.

Arnav stood - feeling disgusted with himself and Lavanya, disappointed at his sister, and totally clueless as to how to make things better - as watched Khushi walk away with her family. She stopped at the door step, turned back and gave him a look before stepping outside the threshold of his house, he had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach when he realised this might be the last he would ever set eyes on her.

-------

That's it for this One Shot scene 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 4.4K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
466K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
76.6K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...