Love is Blind (Eng.)

By RendraJohn101

This is the story about an English boy and a Japanese girl. They're both students at the same high school. Th... More

Prologue

Self Introduction

12 2 0
By RendraJohn101

The next morning, everything went as usual. The boy got up at half past seven, exercised a little, then got ready for school. He had just finished cleaning his body and was now enjoying the breakfast his mother had prepared. After finishing his meal, he said goodbye to his parents and was about to go to school.

"Eh? What's this?" When he opened the front porch door, he saw a white envelope there. He took it, then smiled, seeing that the name "Hikari" was written on the bottom right of the envelope. He then put it in his bag and took it to school.

After a while, he finally arrived at school early in the morning. Classes will start at half-past eight in the morning, according to school policy. As a result, he opened the letter that he got this morning while waiting for lessons to start.

The contents of the letter tell him that her full name is Yoshiko Hikari. The girl and her family came from Japan and moved here three years ago. Her hobbies are reading, drawing, writing, and even playing games. She hopes soon they will become good friends or even lovers.

She also said that her house is quite close, about a few blocks from his. She also hopes that they will be good neighbours too. After which, she closes the letter by saying; I love you.

"Well, I guess she's onto me, hehe," said the boy silently.

Time after time passed. The class was as busy as previous normal days. The time currently shows half-past eight. Suddenly, the bell rang, and it was time to start the first class.

The teacher, named Emilia Lindsey, came to class and asked someone to come in. Apparently, this person was the new student with the same characteristics as yesterday. Everyone immediately started fussing about who the new girl at the front of the class was. Immediately, the teacher asked her to introduce herself.

"Hi everyone, my name is Yoshiko Hikari. You may call me Hikari. My family and I came from Japan and moved here three years ago. My hobbies are reading, drawing, writing, and even playing games. I hope that in the future we can all be good friends."

The whole class applauded her introduction, and Ms. Emilia asked where does she want to sit. She pointed at an empty seat next to the boy and Ms. Emilia welcome her to seat right beside him. The girl greets him with a wave and smile, which the boy replied. After that, the first lesson begins.

The boy couldn't believe that the girl named Hikari would sit next to him. He feels so happy that he could fly at any moment. The girl beside him also felt pleased as she kept on smiling when she sees him. For the boy, this is the start of their relationship.

After the class with Ms. Emilia, it was time for sports. The one that teaches the subject is called Mr. Richard. The students loved him because of his attitude towards them. They also said that he's the best PE teacher in school right now.

Today's exercise is basketball. After the students changed their uniforms, they quickly run to the field where they would warm up and divided into four groups. Hikari also joined in, even though she hasn't gotten the uniform for exercise.

The groups are then tasked with selecting five members to play. Each group comprises ten students, where they would choose one another or their friends to be on the same team. The boy and Hikari are in the same team, because some of the boy's friends invited both of them to be with them. They both agreed and after selecting the students who are going to play, the game then begins.

The chosen members from each team fought fairly throughout the match. Hikari and the boy made a good pair that made the others quite jealous because of their passion and skills. The students were not angry with them at all. After which, they both made their team won the matches and they're declared winners.

After their victory, the bell started ringing, and it was time for the first break. The students went to the bathroom to change back to their uniforms. Hikari and the other girls were having a chat, which made the boy smiling in happiness.

"She can really make friends now," whispered the boy to himself. "I hope that in the future we could be together as ever." He then drove off to the bathroom and changed his clothes.

After changing to his uniform, the boy went to the cafeteria to have drinks and snacks. He ordered a cup of ice tea and sandwich for himself then sat on a bench next to a wall.

When he's about to take a bite, someone approached him and it was Hikari. She greeted him with a smile and asked if she could sit with him. He agreed to her and they started chatting while eating.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" the boy asked.

"Well... Would you like to introduce yourself? I want to know your name," said Hikari.

The boy then introduced himself as a person who enjoys reading, playing games, and also creating stories. His name is Daniel Peterson, which his friends called him Daniel. He also enjoys listening to musics and exercising on the weekend or in between schedules.

He then confessed that he had a liking since the first day of meeting her. Hikari giggled for a bit and confessed the same thing to him. They then agreed to be each other's lover. They also shared their phone number to one another and started chit chatting about their daily stuff.

They talked about many things such as their age, other likings, and other things that they would like to keep a secret from one another. They both have similar hobbies and many more similarities.

Before they knew it, break time was over. They both had finished their snacks and drinks and paid for it beforehand. After which, they went to class and prepare their books for the next lesson.

The boy named Daniel felt happy that he could finally confess his feelings to her. He asked her if she feels the same thing to him and in reply she giggled while having her cheeks blush. She answered with a yes, and that made the boy even happier.

"Heh, looks like we're destined to be together by God," said Daniel.

"I guess you're right," replied Hikari. "I hope we can be husband and wife soon."

"Really?"

"Yeah, even if we were to have different believes, I hope we can still be together forever," she giggled.

Hearing that statement from her, Daniel asked what is her religion was. She answered with her religion being Shinto, which is a common religion for Japanese people. He understands this culture of hers and accepted it.

She looks at her phone, scrolling through the internet. She giggled for a bit and suddenly; the class became quiet. That means the teacher is about to come to class. Every student in class prepared their books and was ready for class until it's time to go home.

***

After a long day at school, Daniel and Hikari went to their respective homes. Daniel accompanied her all the way to her home and there he met her parents. They said thank you for everything and gave him a surprise gift. Daniel refused to take the gift and said he was about to go home.

Hikari's parents kept begging him to bring it and so he finally accepted it even if it meant by force. They said that he should open it at home secretly from his parents. He asked if he could know what's inside the gift, but Hikari and her parents refused to tell him. At last, Daniel asked for leave and went home.

He stored the gift inside his bag and tried to keep it away from his parents, if possible. When he arrived at home, both of his parents greeted him and asked where has he had been. He told his parents that he went to the new neighbour's house to introduce himself. His parents were awed in happiness hearing that statement.

The three of them went inside and have lunch together. Once they're full, Daniel went to his room and took out his gift that he got earlier.

"I wonder what's inside this gift box. I hope its something good and not something gross or awful," he prayed.

He then untie the gift box to be surprised by the inside. It contained gifts which he really wanted for so long. A wrist watch and some exclusive chocolate from the local market.

He cannot believe what he had just witnessed. His wish finally becoming true after praying for quite some time. He then stored the gift under the bed and lived his days as normal.

When it's about time for dinner, Daniel walked out of his room and went to the dining room. His parents were waiting for him as he brought the gift he got this afternoon.

They asked him where did he get that from. As a result, he's stuck between keeping the promise or telling the truth. He sighed and told them the truth.

"Mom, dad, I got this from our new neighbour today. They told me to keep it for myself as a special gift. They also told me to keep it a secret once I got home."

After telling everything about the gift he got, he also told his parents about today's events, starting from getting close to the girl, Hikari, until her parents gave her the gift.

Both of his parents understand. They said that they won't get in their way of their love, and he can be close to her as long as he promised not to hurt or do something bad to her. They also said that he could marry her once he has gotten a job.

"For real?" Daniel said in disbelieved.

"Yeah, as long as you keep the promise," replied the mother.

They then hug each other and Daniel agreed with the promise. He felt happy that his parents gave him permissions to be close with his new lover. They then smiled at each other and go back to their daily nights.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 54.4K 17
"Stop trying to act like my fiancรฉe because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
1.2M 109K 41
โœซ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ˆ๐ง ๐‘๐š๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐†๐ž๐ง'๐ฌ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐’๐š๐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ โŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
788K 22.8K 62
"Real lifeแ€™แ€พแ€ฌ แ€…แ€€แ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€…แ€”แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€บแ€€แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธ แ€•แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€แ€„แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€šแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€ปแ€ฌแ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ฒแ€›แ€พแ€ญแ€แ€šแ€บ" "แ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ฒแ€Šแ€ญแ€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธ Bae แ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€„แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€„แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ทแ€›แ€œแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€€แ€บแ€กแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€‘แ€ญ แ€„แ€ซแ€แ€ป...
531K 18.7K 93
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...