A Detective's Revenge

De Sher_Locked_avfc

'Revenge is a dish best served cold' 'The things we lose have a way of coming back to us' Mais

Chapter one - Beyond The Night
Chapter Two - Dr Sarah Thompson
Chapter Three - Liars and Backstabbers

Chapter Four - The Case Of Mark Hawksley

30 3 5
De Sher_Locked_avfc

-Suspect information-

Name: Mark Hawksley

Sex: Male

Age: 33

Height: 6ft2

Date of birth - 26th April 1992, Glasgow

Scars/Tattoos: a black ink tattoo of a Celtic wolf on his right forearm

Family: has a fiance, a father of two kids, and has two siblings (22-year-old twins, sister, and brother)

Died: July 13th, 2024 (Cause of death, murdered)

"Goddamit"

Ronan slammed his hands on the desk in frustration. How can the son of a bitch be dead?

Ronan has spent months going over several cases, reading different files of the people he has arrested over the years. Yet, nobody seemed as if they would have it out for him.

That was until he came onto the name of Mark Hawksley. The Irish detective sighed and took another look at the file.

-Victim information-

Name: Charlie Baker

Sex: Female

Height: 5ft7

Age: 31

Date of birth: March 18, 1993, London

Family: engaged, mother of two kids, and is an only child

-Incident information-

Day/Date/Time of the incident: Tuesday, November 6, 2019- 2.55 a.m.

Location of incident: Oxford Street

City: London

Postal Code: W1D 1BS

County: West Midlands

-Crime Narrative/Information-

'London, Oxford Street - In the early morning hours of November 6, 2019, a male that goes by Mark Hawksley entered his fiance's workplace. It was found out that Miss Baker was trying to escape from her husband after he assaulted her.

She sent her kids to her mother and father's residence before going to work to pick up some items She had left.

Miss Baker was alone in the building when she entered. Being the business owner, she had the only keys.

For unknown reasons, Hawksley made his way to the 31-year-old female's building where he raped and assaulted her.

Miss Baker had received severe injuries such as a broken wrist, bruised neck, and a black eye.

Hair was ripped from her skull, from where she tried to escape. Hawksley grabbed her by the hair, forcibly pushing her to the ground.

Witnesses in the area saw Hawksley leaving the building twenty minutes later, heading towards Miss Baker's parents' residence.

He broke down the door, demanding his children to be given to him. The Grandfather, Frank Baker held a baseball bat as protection while the grandmother, Mary Baker, called the police.

Detective Ronan Flynn was first at the scene. Hawksley was armed with a knife and tried to attack the detective. He managed to deeply cut the detective's chest before he was tackled to the floor.

Hawksley screamed, protested, and tried to free himself from the detective's grasp.

Hawksley was arrested under section 24A of PACE, under the Police Criminals Act.

He was also charged for:

-Rape, under the Sexual Offences Act 1956, section 1.

-Assault of Actual Bodily Harm (ABH), under section 47 of the Offences against the Person Act 1861.

-Breaking and entering under the Theft Act 1968. Even though Hawksly had no intent to steal, he still had the idea to inflict grievous bodily harm (GBH) on the homeowners.

-Possession of a sharp knife, under section 46 of the Offensive Weapons Act, which he used to attack Detective Ronan Flynn'

---

Ronan closed the file, his mind racing with questions. This case impacted him massively. Hawksley swore revenge on the detective. But how can he do that if he's dead?

Did he ask someone to do it for him before he died?

Or did someone do it in revenge to get back at the detective?

Ronan stroked the scar on his chest. His wife was paranoid from that day on when he left for work, thinking he would not come home at the end of his shift. He always had to reassure her he would always come home.

Ronan let out a small laugh.

The irony huh?

He slightly jumped, not realising the loud knocking coming from his door. How long had he zoned out?

He closed his file and opened his front door. There stood Jack, a concerned look on his face.

"You, okay? I was knocking for a while. I thought something happened to you"

Ronan chuckled and allowed the man to step inside.

"I was just in the middle of my work; I must've zoned out"

He closed the door and walked back to his desk.

"You came for the files huh? Give me a minute to write down some stuff"

The smaller detective nodded and took a seat. Ronan went to grab his notebook. As he looked for it, he found a photo of his family below the piles of paper covering his desk.

He took a good look at the picture, a sting forming in his heart. Ronan grabbed his chest trying to calm himself. The photo was taken a few weeks before the incident occurred.

It was a movie night. a tradition that he loved. Seeing that Ronan is always working, he never really had the chance to spend much time with his family. With his wife working herself and the kids at school, it was hard to find the right time.

So, whenever he finished work, he would grab a takeaway and would spend the night with his family, filled with games and a movie that the kids chose.

"Not another takeaway Mr Flynn, you're spoiling these kids!"

His wife always joked about the kids needing to eat healthier and would always try to cook a healthy meal before Ronan got the chance to bring some home.

The Irishman realised her trick and would bring home dessert instead. The kids would scream with happiness and his wife would give him an angry but joking look.

The night was always filled with laughter, and once the kids went to bed, Ronan and Amy would spend the rest of the night together.

He took a closer look at the photo.

It took a while to get a good picture, with Ronan not knowing how the camera worked, which made the kids laugh even harder.

"Just press the button Dad!"

He could feel a tear stroll down his cheek as the happy memory replayed itself.

----

"What do you mean you're closing the case!?"

A meeting was currently being held at the Metropolitan Police station with the Chief in her office. Ronan could not believe the words he was hearing

"We've had a meeting and we've all decided there's nothing else we can do. There is no new evidence and nothing else has been found. We have spoken with your neighbours, and nobody has any description of the suspect, and no sounds were heard from the house when the incident occurred. There was no murder weapon. I am sorry detective. There was no CCTV in the area, seeing the fact that you live in a small cul-de-sac. It was also hard gaining fingerprints and DNA as many people leave your house almost daily. Family and friends I mean."

She has got to be joking.

"How could nobody hear anything!? There was so much blood!"

He could not even go back to that house anymore. The images he saw that day would come back to him. He felt sick.

"Unless any evidence comes up. There is nothing else we can do-"

"No!"

The Irish detective banged his hands on the desk, rising from his seat. The loud noise made the female jump. Ronan could not allow this to happen, his family deserves justice.

"You can't just stop the investigation. My family have not even been dead a year!"

"Ronan. I understand your disappointment however, there is nothing we can do. I have been ordered to. Unless any new evidence comes into view. I have no choice but to close the case"

Chief Rose hated having to be the one to tell him, yet she did not have a choice. The order came from someone higher than her, being too much of a coward to tell him themselves.

There was nothing she could do that would help him. He wanted his family back, and that could never happen.

"This isn't right! You cannot... You can't..."

He could feel another anxiety attack coming on. He hated them. He stopped having them when he met Amy, being the one to always keep him sane, even on the cases he worked on and the things he saw.

He told Amy about his past and what happened to his mother and father, being put in the position to raise Finn. He spoke about how he nearly gave up on him. She understood and promised to always be there.

Except she's gone. Since their deaths, his attacks have gotten worse and worse.

Finn always came to the apartment finding Ronan sitting in the corner shaking, clutching his knees to his chest.

Right now, he could feel his heart beating like a drum and he was having shortness of breath. He clutched his chest, trying to steady his breathing.

"Ronan?"

He felt a hand placed on his shoulder, but he quickly pushed it away.

"Ronan?"

---

"Ronan?!"

He had not realised it yet. Jack was trying to help him. One minute everything was fine. The next, he heard the detective muttering to himself.

"Don't you fuckin touch me!"

"Ronan it's me, Jack"

The Irishman suddenly snapped back to reality and looked at Jack, his eyes wide with fear. He raised his hands, telling him to stay back.

"I'm fine. Give me a second..."

The smaller detective obliged and stayed still, allowing Ronan to breathe on his own. It took him a while, but he eventually managed to steady his breathing.

"My family is dead because of me"

Ronan slid down the wall, his eyes staring at the photo he had not realised he dropped.

"I'm sorry, you shouldn't have to see me like this"

Ronan sighed, trying to pull himself together.

"I just miss them, and I think my job got them killed. I did what I did to help make lives better, yet my family paid the price"

"Your hands are clean my friend, we've lost a lot of people doing the job we do, yet their blood never stains".

He sat down next to Ronan, who was still staring at the photo.

"It's always washed away by the faith everyone has in you, not just your family and friends, but everyone in this godforsaken city"

Jack understood why Ronan blamed himself. He may not have any kids of his own, but he loves his wife. He would do anything to keep her happy.

So, he knows why Ronan was at his happiest when he got to spend time with his family.

The Irish detective just sighed, now staring down at his hands.

"It never really affected me much ya know? The things we see out there on the job. My family and you lot always helped me through it, yet since my family died, I cannot stop seeing the blood, no matter how much I wash my hands".

Jack only just listened. Ronan does not talk much about the stuff he goes through. Jack was finally relieved the man was not keeping it in anymore.

"I keep hearing them. The kids laughing and Amy's voice when she gets all excited and talks about a story she found for her job. I could listen to her for hours".

Ronan had not realised he closed his eyes.

"Why can't I get that image out of my head? Seeing them all cut up, blood everywhere. Why do I remember seeing Amy and how beautiful she was? To then the image of how she was left? Then there's my kids, They were so beautiful. How could someone-"

He felt Jack grab his wrists

"Dude, stop"

He opened his eyes. not realising he was digging his nails into his skin.

Ronan used to be a very calm person. His expressions usually being relaxed, happy, or just naturally tired from working long hours. It felt nice just talking about stuff, even though he may regret it later.

"You're not the only one who thinks about the stuff we see out there Ronan..."

The Irish man turned his gaze to the smaller detective.

"Sure, you've seen worse stuff than me no doubt about that, but man... the lives I could have prevented, they do get to me. I have worked on several suicide cases and people being attacked. I am sometimes lucky, and I manage to help them..."

He slowly sighed, trying to find the right words to help his friend

"Seeing people give up, or just not being able to get there on time, or just doing everything you can and it's not enough? It is part of the package when it comes to a job like ours. You are one of the best my friend. People like me and you? We help people, even if it can end badly. All lives may end, and all hearts can break, but giving up? That is a choice. That is why we're still here".

Ronan was shocked. He had never heard Jack talk like this before. He never had to.

"My Mrs has always helped me, and I don't think I'd still be on the job if it wasn't for her. You have been through so much. Your childhood, your job, and losing your family, it has some negative impacts on your health. Yet you're still persistent. You have faced and overcome many obstacles and have saved many lives, with no regard for your own. You are not selfish; you care about everybody. Now that you believe you have lost everything, you act as if you don't care. You act rude and insult others, so they won't care for your feelings".

Ronan did not know how to respond. The guy just made a big speech out of nowhere.

"You're strong. I like to think, if it were not for the challenges, you have gone through over the years, you would have never developed the skills you now use today to prevent others from feeling the pain you did"

"You can't be sure about that"

The other man laughed. And pushed himself off the ground.

"Maybe. But that is what I believe, and you got to trust me on that"

He placed out a hand, wanting to help his friend off the floor.

Now knowing a lot of stuff about Jack that Ronan never knew before, he accepted his help, mentally promising to be nicer to the guy in the future.

"You're a good friend Jack"

The other smiled, before quickly realising the time.

"I hate being that guy, but is it okay if I rob that file off, ya?  I need to return it before my shift finishes. Do not need to boss being suspicious of me".

Ronan quickly wrote down the rest of his notes, before giving the file back to the other detective.

"Any chance of a lift? Finn hasn't brought my car back yet"

He grabbed his long black coat, house keys, and his notebook, not even waiting for the other man to reply.

"Yeah sure, where you headed?"

"Usual bar"

He saw the disapproval look on the other's face making Ronan chuckle.

"It's not like that. There is someone there who I got to talk to"

Jack thought for a moment, before agreeing, trusting Ronan won't do anything stupid.

Ronan quickly checked on Luna who was sleeping in her usual spot before the two of them headed out of the Apartment building.

"Dude, why is your seat so far forward?"

Jack laughed, seeing the other detective struggling to get in the passenger seat.

"Not my fault. You tall Irish giant"

"I'm surprised you can see from down there"

The two gave each other joking looks before falling into laughter. This is the first time in months Ronan has felt like himself and Jack was happy to see him smile. During the drive, the two detectives engaged in small talk. A laugh escaped Jack's lips when Ronan spoke about Luna and how badly she ruins his furniture.

-----

About fifteen minutes go by and Jack parked outside the building.

"Promise you'll behave Ronan"

The Irishman rolled his eyes and took off his seatbelt.

"Yes Mother"

The other detective laughed as Ronan exited the vehicle. He waved him goodbye as the car drove off and he headed into the building.

As he walked in, he scanned his surroundings. His eyes immediately locked on to a lady sitting on her own in the corner.

He quickly ordered a drink before heading over to the booth she was sitting in.

"Miss Baker?"

The female turned her head, her eyes immediately widened in surprise. Ever since her attack, Ronan kept checking up on her, making sure she and her children were safe. Amy supported her husband with this. Ronan was too much in love with his wife and Charlie had gone through a traumatic event. Nothing would ever happen between the two. It had been a while since they saw each other.

"Detective Flynn? How can I help you?"

"May I sit?"

Charlie, confused, yet nodded allowing the detective to take off his coat. He placed it neatly behind the chair and took a seat.

"How are you? I have been meaning to contact you, but I've been busy"

She paused for a few seconds; her lips pressed together as she thought about the words she wanted to say. She watches the news; she knows what the detective has gone through. Seeing him acting happy and calm made her heart ache. It is hard seeing a friend hide their pain.

"It's okay detective, I understand. I'm sorry about what happened to your family"

Ronan froze, the mention of his family sent shivers down his spine.

"I saw it on the news last year. I've been meaning to check up on you but..."

She sighed, circling the top of her glass with her finger. It's always hard to find the right words when a friend is hiding their pain. Ronan's face was calm, he was smiling even. But he was just wearing a mask. A facade to hide his real pain. She took a closer look at him. His eyes looked tired, with dark circles under his them. His face looked warn out and drained, yet he acts aware and awake. His hair was messy, as if he kept ruffling it in frustration. Charlie was scared her friend was going to snap at any second.

"I've seen you come in here a lot. Quite a lot actually. I was hesitant to talk to you as it looked like you would rather be alone"

Ronan felt embarrassed. He knew Charlie went to the same pub as him, as that's where they usually met to talk. It felt like a safe space.

Charlie wasn't comfortable inviting him to her home which Ronan understood. Even though she trusted him, she just went through a horrible event, and going to a public safe space felt easier.

"I'm sorry you had to see me in that state. I am trying to do better. Except as you can see..."

Ronan raised his glass

"It's not going well"

She let out a small chuckle, hiding the fact that she felt sorry for the Irishman.

"Don't worry about it, I was in your shoes for a little while after what happened. I soon realised my children came first and you persuaded me to get help and I did. Thank you for that"

The Irish detective raised his glass as a reply, taking a sip of whiskey as he did.

"So how can I help you, detective?"

Ronan didnt know how to word this. He did not want to bring up any bad memories for her, yet he needed answers. He was sure Hawksley had something to do with his family before he died.

"I uh... I think Hawksley had something to do with my family's murder..."

Charlie's eyes widened, nearly knocking her glass off the table. It has been a while since she's heard that name, wanting to keep it buried.

"I know he's dead, I read the file. I am sorry-"

"Don't apologise. He's not my fiancé anymore and I am glad he's dead. I'm just surprised at the fact you think he has something to do with your family's murder"

The detective did not know how to form his words. He didn't want to trigger anything for her.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure. When I arrested him, he promised he would finish the job, that he would take away the one thing I loved most and that was my family. I'm not sure if he ordered it before he died, or if someone he knows did it to avenge him like in some weird cheesy horror movie. I have to ask; do you know anyone he knew that he may use to get back at me?"

She went silent for a moment, her nails tapping the table as she thought.

"Maybe Nick Myers. He was Mark's closest friend. I don't know detective; Mark kept his life private. If anyone knows anything it would be Nick"

The detective nodded as he took out his notebook

"Got an address?"

Knowing the fact that Ronan didn't have his car to go to the location, and not wanting to alert anyone about his latest research, he messaged Finn and decided to spend the next couple of hours catching up with Charlie till he arrived.

Both Charlie and Ronan cared for each other. Not in a love, romantic sort of way. Neither of them was ready for that.

Just the fact that they both understood what each other went through, they both have their demons and if they help each other out, who knows? They may get rid of them somehow.

It was Ronan's round. He was currently standing at the bar waiting for the drinks. He was surprised that he is only slightly tipsy, usually being off his face by now.

"It's weird that you're sitting in a booth"

Sam was pouring the drinks, happy at how, kind of sober, the detective was tonight.

"Why? You miss me?"

The bartender laughed as he placed the drinks in front of him, then deciding to wipe down the table.

"I'm just glad you have someone to talk to other than myself. You always seem so sad sitting in that same seat. You always look as if you're in deep thought all the time."

The detective hummed in response, not wanting to realise the fact that Sam had to deal with the drunk ass for the past months.

"Get away from me!"

Ronan turned his head, quickly realising Charlie was no longer in the booth. She must have gone outside for a smoke.

"Call the police"

The detective ran outside while the bartender ran for the phone. Charlie was surrounded by a group of men.

It had started to rain and the sky began to get dark. Members of the public had disappeared into the night.

"Come on darling, we won't bite..."

He sounded drunk, the rest of them did too.

"Get away from the lady"

The group turned their gaze to the Irishman, a smile crawling on their faces.

"Well look who it is! The drunk detective himself!"

"I think you have it the other way round my friend. I will not ask again. Stay away from the lady, or else-"

"Or else what!? Watcha going to do? You're a pathetic drunk Irish bastard who can't even get over the death of his family"

Ronan felt himself getting angry

Two members of the group held Charlie back while the rest of them surrounded the detective. It was obvious the one talking led the group. He seemed bigger and stronger than them. He wasn't taller than the detective, but he was not short either and had way more muscle than Ronan has.

"Go on then, pig! Arrest me!"

The man shoved Ronan, who was then held back by other members of the group.

"A little bird told me you were looking for Nick"

"It's strange a bird told you that. Maybe you should lay off the sauce-"

A right hook encountered Ronan's face. He groaned in pain.

"Nobody likes a joker you little shit"

How did Nick know he was looking for him? He only heard his name a couple hours ago.

"I sat behind you in the bar. You were too busy chatting to the lovely lady to realise I was there"

Ronan must have looked confused as Nick's friend was losing patience. How did he not know the man was listening behind him? Ronan is usually good at being aware of his surroundings. He guessed being stuck in his apartment every day took a toll on him.

Another punch was thrown...

"I let him know you were looking for him. He was not impressed. Told me to send a message"

Another punch

 Ronan felt a tooth escape his mouth.

"Nick's too busy to chat right now"

A punch to the gut

"He sends his regards though"

Another punch

The two individuals let Ronan go, allowing him to hit the wet concrete. He groaned in pain, coughing his guts up. He could feel blood escape his throat. The rain had started to get worse. His surroundings were empty. People had quickly disappeared to get out of the weather.

"Come on detective! I heard you were the best!"

He lay there for a few seconds, deciding to give up or not. More blood escaped his mouth as he forced himself off the floor. He could barely see anything, the heavy rain blurring his view and thunder starting to be heard. It was as if he were in some weird action movie.

He couldn't let them get away with this. Charlie was petrified, he had to do something to help her.

Where was Sam with the police?

"Your family would be so disappointed in you"

That hit a nerve

"I see you go into that bar everyday drinking away your sorrows. What would your kids think?"

He raised his fists.

"Come on detective! Let us see what you got-"

Within a split second, Ronan sent a right hook. The man stumbled back, gripping his chin in shock. He was not expecting a reaction so quickly.

"Wha-"

Ronan sent another punch, this time sending the man to the floor. Instead of stopping, however, as the detective should. He stomped over to where the man was and dropped to his knees, punching him with all he had. Over and over.

Blood oozed from the man's mouth and nose, and purple bruises appeared on his face. A couple of teeth fell from the man's mouth with each punch. Hearing his family being crapped on from someone like him made him see red.

Within a split second, the man's face changed.

There were no facial features for Ronan to identify. It was obvious Ronan's anger was towards the person who killed his family, which gives the reason the detective was unable to identify the man in front of him. He doesn't know who the person is, yet thinking about them was enough to make his blood boil.

Ronan was quickly pulled back by the members of the group. He quickly realised the person's features had gone back to the man attacking him moments before.

The members of the group threw Ronan to the ground, the hard impact with the pavement causing more pain than he already felt.

The group then started attacking the detective. Punching his face and kicking his chest, giving him the same treatment he gave, tripling the number of punches and kicks he was currently receiving.

He could hear Charlie screaming for them to stop. However, she could not be heard over the sound of the men swearing and shouting at the detective, the impact of their fists and shoes hitting him. Purple and green bruises formed on his face and chest, and he could feel himself about to fall into unconsciousness.

"That's enough!"

In a split second, the group started to run for it, leaving Ronan on the cold hard, and wet concrete. The man he also beat moments before was also laying unconscious.

'They fight for him but then leave him for the cops to rot? How does that make sense?'

The detective didn't even know what was happening. His face was beaten black and blue, his ribs were bruised, possibly cracked, and his legs felt weak and heavy. He was just laying in the rain, feeling himself getting colder by the second. 

"Detective?!"

He heard Charlie's voice next to him. He did not have the energy to turn his head. He wanted to sleep. He could feel the darkness creeping up on him.

"They didn't touch you did they Charlie?"

"No. No, they didn't. Somebody help! Stay with me, Ronan!"

The rain started to get heavier.

"Jesus Christ, Ronan?!"

That loud British voice jolted the Irish man awake.

That was Jack. The panic in his voice could not help but make Ronan chuckle.

"What the hell did they do to you!?"

The Irishman started laughing, even though each laugh was like a kick to the chest. He couldn't help it. Jack was such a Mother hen.

"Oh, it's good to see you too Jack"

He was still laughing, coughing in between. He has not been in a fight in a long time.

"You crazy Irishman. What made you think you could handle all of them yourself?"

Both Charlie and Jack helped the tall detective off the ground, supporting him as they walked back into the pub.

-----

"I'm going to need another one of these Sam"

The bartender took Ronan's empty whiskey glass and filled it up while he was being treated and questioned.  Charlie had left moments before, needing to pick up her kids from her parents' residence.

"Ouch! Jesus man that stings!"

Ronan flinched at the reaction of the antiseptic. The wounds had to be cleaned, yet Ronan was acting like a child. The paramedic was being as patient as she could with Ronan's behaviour.

"Stop being a baby Ronan. If you refuse to go to the hospital, let her at least clean you up"

Ronan groaned with each movement of his body. His ribs were cracked. This is what he gets for trying to be the hero.

Once he was checked over, the Irishman forced himself to lie down in one of the booths, his muscles relaxing as he did. He felt his pain ease away as he lay back, refusing to move for at least an hour or two. He closed his eyes, trying to get a moment's peace after the event he just encountered. He was cold and soaked from the rain. He could feel his bones rattling as he wrapped his arms around himself trying to warm up.

"You nearly killed him ya know"

Jack always knew how to ruin the moment. The Irishman opened his eyes in annoyance, staring up at the ceiling.

"He's at the hospital Ronan. His face was beaten black and blue. What were you thinking?"

The smaller detective took a seat in the opposite booth, facing the other detective. Ronan just sighed and forced himself up, grabbing his chest as he did, groaning in pain.

"I think I did what I had to do to help a friend in need. They were bothering her. Who knows what would have happened if-"

"You beat the shit out of him. Witnesses told me you were beating him while he was down. Care to explain?"

Ronan stayed silent. He did not want to tell Jack that the man he attacked worked for Nick. He could never get anyone involved. Not until he finds out if Nick knows more than he was letting on.

The other detective knew Ronan wasn't going to say anything and decided not to pry any further.

"What about Miss Baker then. you worked on her case years ago. I didn't know you two still spoke. Are you-"

"No Jack! We're just friends. I check up on her sometimes, making sure she and her kids are okay"

The smaller detective sighed. He honestly didn't know what the man was up to anymore.

"Well.... they did find a pocketknife in his pocket. If he used it against you, I guess you had no choice...."

The Irish detective looked at Jack with confusion

"But that's not what-"

"That's what me and Charlie saw. Just go home and get some rest. You look like shit"

The Irishman laughed, wincing in pain at the sudden movement

"Don't make me laugh. You don't look too pretty yourself Englishman"

The other detective got up from his seat. He was not happy with the events tonight. He wished his friend could just move on.

"You need help, Ronan"

The Irishman's smile suddenly vanished at the sound of his friend's tone.

"Over the past year, you have been suspended from work, trapped in your apartment, drinking..."

"Jack-"

"No Ronan. Let me finish!"

The detective went quiet, leaving Jack to take a deep breath. He really wish it hand't come to this. He prayed the conversation they had earlier was helping. He was wrong.

"You nearly killed yourself twice. Twice! I thought I could get over that but... Seeing what you did to that man tonight. You are angry. All the time!"

He placed on his coat and headed towards the exit

"I'm going to have to report this. To your brother and work"

Ronan was shocked. He quickly stood up to catch up with his friend, but quickly fell back on the seat, forgetting how much pain he was in.

"Jack wait!"

The smaller detective stopped and looked over his shoulder. He had to urge to go back and help him. But he had to be stern. His friend needed help. Jack tried and he failed.

"I'm sorry my friend"'

He exited the building. Ronan sat there for a while, frozen in his seat.

What Jack said had hurt him. He knew he was being honest. He knew he was right. Yet he felt his throat close. He couldn't talk. He wanted the Earth to swallow him up at once.

The Irishman suddenly stopped in his tracks when he saw Jack talking to Finn. Ronan could not understand what they were talking about, yet the expressions Finn was making were more than enough to make him feel guilty. He looked like a hurt puppy.

"Goddamit..."

He felt the adrenaline wear off and he slid down the wall, gripping his coat tightly. He just sat there in both physical and emotional pain. He wanted to tell Jack how sorry he was, and to not report him. He wanted Finn to have a life and not worry about him. He wanted to avenge his family. No... He wanted to see his family. He just wanted to be happy.

"Jesus Ronan you're cold to the bone! Come on. You are staying at mine for a few days"

He slowly looked up and saw his brother knelt down in front of him, a worried and concerned look on his face.

"No Finn-"

"Ronan! For once in your life let me help you. I am not leaving you alone. Jack told me what happened"

Ronan wanted to talk to Nick Myers, to carry on with his case. However, he knew he can't do anything in the state he was in right now. He can't even walk on his own.

He slowly nodded and wrapped his arm around his brother who helped him to his car.

Ronan sat down in the back, wrapping himself deeper into his long black coat, while his younger brother jumped in the front seat. 

He placed on his seatbelt and started the engine. The warmth of the car was making Ronan tired. The event from the past few hours was finally catching up to him.

"I need to get Luna..."

Ronan was mumbling, he was too tired to talk. Finn still understood him, his heart melted at how much he cared for the small creature. It was the last important thing he had to remind him of his family. Of course he cares about her.

"No worries brother. We'll pick her up on the way"

The last thing the detective heard was the sound of Finn turning down the radio as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

--------

A/N

Nice. Another chapter done. Made this chapter a bit more eventful so I hope you enjoyed it. The next chapter is going to be good, (hopefully anayway) and I cannot wait to start writing it. Not sure when I'll be done as I have loads of Uni work to do. These group projects are gonna kill me.

Getting some small reads on this story, which makes me so happy. Surprised people are reading it. Until the next one guys, thanks for reading!

-Han 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

SNATCHERS De Dark_BlueStar

Ficção Científica

2 0 1
In the darkness there lies danger and evil, but also out of that same darkness comes a new force, a force for good, a force for revenge.
49.5K 1.9K 23
Love is hard, Destiny can't be rewritten and Fate is always tragic MAY REWRITE
268K 6.2K 34
𝙋𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙮, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮. 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙨𝙩. 𝙊𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮. 𝙄𝙩'𝙨 �...
21.6K 924 41
Next part of the MC series :)