Never-Ending Nightmare (Yande...

By Inferno55

Y/N L/N was just a normal orphaned child but doesn't have many friends in his life and his only friends are t... More

Bio
Prolouge: Lets Start From The Beginning/Before The Nightmare Happens...
Chapter 1: Beware Of Catnap
Chapter 3: Rise Of The Smiling Critters (part 2)
Chapter 4: Rise Of The Smiling Critters (part 3)
Chapter 5: Two New Caretakers
Chapter 6: A Long-Lost Family Member
Chapter 7: An Unlikely Ally
Chapter 8: The Forgotten Critter
Chapter 9: Return to Playtime Co.
Chapter 10: Welcome Home, Y/n...
Chapter 11: Nightmare On Playcare Street
Chapter 12: Escape from Home Sweet Home (Part 1)
Smiling Critters Cutout Interaction (Headcannon)
{Authors Note}
List Of Smiling Critters
Chapter 13: Escape From Home Sweet (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Escape From Home Sweet Home (Part 3)
Chapter 15: Class is Dismissed Forever!
Chapter 16: PLAY WITH US, Y/N
Chapter 17: GO TO SLEEP
Chapter 18: Never-Ending Nightmare (Part 1)
Chapter 19: Never-Ending Nightmare (Part 2)

Chapter 2: Rise Of The Smiling Critters (part 1)

1.7K 35 1
By Inferno55

(No POV)

It's been a while since Billy Mason died in a padded cell in Playtime Co. and the employees are trying to come up with an idea for the Smiling Critters while Y/n and the other kids are playing around in the orphanage and things have been going well ever since Mason died from a fatal heart attack.

However, Y/n hasn't been able to make any friends in the orphanage except for his favorite toy, CatNap, who is constantly on the lookout for anyone that dared tried to pick on Y/n like an overprotective parent as the two of them have been playing together in Dreamland since the day they became best friends. As for Theodore, who stood up to Billy Mason at the lunchroom that beat up Y/n, took his lunch and gave him a blackeye, he did started playing with Y/n for a least a couple of days until he suddenly became distant to Y/n because of CatNap, due to her own creepy appearance, giving him some trust issues on both Y/n and CatNap.

CatNap was aware of this and she is starting to lose her trust in Theodore, but she soon decided to get back at Theodore for his own behavior and how he started becoming a tattletail as he began snitching on Y/n for no reason. Only this time, she's not going to give Theodore the same treatment that Billy Mason had that led to his own death from a cardiac arrest.

She's going to break Theodore's mind and spirit to teach him a lesson as she began brainstorming a plan to kidnap Theodore while Y/n and the other kids are asleep. Even though that Y/n had a hard time making friends at the Orphanage, except for a kid in an orange shirt and beanie can see how miserable and lonely Y/n is as he decided to become friends with Y/n.

Surprisingly, the two of them actually started a newfound friendship together as they started playing with the Playtime Co. brand toys and Y/n even tells the kid about CatNap, which actually didn't actually bother her from her creepy appearance and eventually the other kids, minus Theodore started bonding with Y/n and CatNap.

Then one day, CatNap actually started interacting with Y/n and the kids as he started taking the role of the Orphanage's own caretaker and takes the role very seriously like she's the definition of the perfect mother figure to the children.

Most of the time, the kids are as happy as they thought they would be as the kids are under constant surveillance from time to time, but it was for their own health and safety and the kids are not allowed to leave the factory under any circumstances. But the company is willing to do anything and everything in their power to make the children safe and happy and will help them find the perfect family that will gladly adopt them.

In the end, the orphans including Y/n soon find out that living in a toy factory wasn't all it was cracked up to be, in fact, the only saving grace was Y/n's favorite toy that kept everyone, happy, safe and entertained, CatNap. She always makes sure that the kids were all safe, sound and will put them to sleep with her sleeping gas.

Right now, CatNap began entertaining the children with her dancing skills and making them happy, laugh with her amazing dancing skills and tricks that she can do like how she can jump rope with her own tail. She made them all feel safe and loved.

Well almost all of them as Theodore began to dislike CatNap taking care of them like she's the talk of the town.

Then the clock struck to 9 o'clock PM, meaning that it's time for the kids to go to bed, but the kids want to play with CatNap some more. Rest assured, the kids will have all the time in the world to play with CatNap tomorrow with full of energy after a good night sleep.

CatNap: Uh Oh. Its 9 o'clock. You know what that means. It's time for bed.

Blue haired boy: (Disappointed) Oh. Do we have to go to bed, CatNap?

Purple shirt girl: Yeah, we don't want to go to sleep. We want to stay up and play.

CatNap: Oh well, I want to play too, but if we don't get a good night's sleep, we won't have the energy we need to play all day tomorrow.

Y/n: He's right you guys. I always had a hard time getting a good night sleep until I met CatNap. We became best friends since we started playing in my dreams.

CatNap: That's right. I have given him the best sleep he's ever had in his entire life and we've been playing in his Dreamland ever since. So, even though that we had to go to bed now, we can still have fun in our dreams. Trust me, it will all be worth it when we all go to sleep for tonight. Then by tomorrow morning, we'll have all the time we can play together.

Theodore: Well, what if we don't want to play?

Y/n: What do you mean, Theodore? What's wrong with playing with our friend, CatNap?

Theodore: You know what I mean, Y/n? CatNap, why won't the doctors let us leave and why aren't any of us getting adopted?

That barrage of question has made CatNap feel nervous from Theodore asking when he and the other kids including Y/n are getting adopted so they can leave the factory scot-free.

CatNap: Um....well....I...uh....

Theodore made some good points about why the doctors wouldn't let the children leave the factory and how long it would take for them to finally get adopted to a loving family and all of a sudden, all of the other kids, including for Y/n were starting to wonder about the same things.

For the very first time, CatNap didn't know what to say to make us all feel better and Y/n is starting to feel worried about her as he decided to help out his own best friend to show his support in her to the other kids.

Y/n: Leave her alone, Theodore. She's just doing her job as our caretaker and I understand that you are tired of waiting to get out of here and get adopted to a family, but you have no right to be mean to my best friend.

CatNap smiled at Y/n, knowing that he was supporting her and standing up to Theodore like a true friend, but Theodore is not believing every word that Y/n said about CatNap.

Theodore: Oh please, Y/n. You're just standing yourself up to your favorite toy. I mean, look how creepy she is and she shouldn't be responsible to take care of us like she's some sort of overprotective parent.

Y/n: You take that back right now! CatNap is not creepy, she's just doing her job and she loves and cares for all of us.
She's like a mother to me and everyone else, even though she's just a toy.

Then without warning, the orange kid decided to help out Y/n in defending CatNap, despite of Theodore's protests about CatNap being the caretaker of the orphanage.

Orange kid: He's right, Theodore. Don't listen to him guys. Look on the bright side. Sure, we might not have families or total freedom, but at least we're all safe and we have each other.

CatNap: That's right. Now that's enough out of you, Theodore. I will report your behavior to the manager and you better change your attitude or you will never be able to adopted like everyone else. You don't want to end up like Billy Mason, do you? He was supposed to head over to Juvie until he somehow died on the night he stayed in the padded room. Are you going to behave yourself, Theodore or are you gonna get yourself into more trouble?

Theodore: No, I'll be nice.

CatNap: Good. Alright, enough chit-chat. Time for bed, everyone. I'll see you in the morning.

So, CatNap started giving the children her sleeping gas to go to sleep instantly to get some sleep and Y/n was about to go to bed as well, but not before thanking the orange kid for helping him out in supporting CatNap before going to sleep and go into Dreamland.

Y/n: Hey, thanks for helping me out in defending, CatNap. I really appreciate it.

Orange kid: No problem, Y/n. CatNap deserves to be treated equally. After all, what are friends for. Good night, Y/n.

Y/n: Good night.

CatNap then got onto Y/n's bed to give him the gas to put him to sleep, before she moves on to the rest of the kids. But before she goes to bed with Y/n, she has to take care of a few things before turning in for tonight.

CatNap: Ready for another playdate in Dreamland, Y/n?

Y/n: You bet I am? Are you going to be okay though CatNap, after what Theodore said all those mean things about you?

CatNap: I'll be fine, Y/n. But I do appreciate you and your orange haired friend for supporting me. That actually made me feel a lot better that you two and the other kids, who really cared about me.

Y/n: Why wouldn't we? You're my best friend and you're like a mother or aunt to me that always loved and cared for me. But sometimes you can be a bit overprotective at times. No offense.

CatNap: It's fine. I tend to get a little overboard on the whole overprotective parent thing, but I just don't want to you to get hurt like how Billy Mason harmed you in the lunchroom. I really cared about you, Y/n and if I ever have the chance to adopt you, I will take good care of you like a son that I always wanted.

Y/n: That would be nice, but I'm not a toy like you. If I was a toy like you, that might happen, but it may never will be. Still, I still love you like a mother or aunt to me, CatNap.

CatNap: I love you too, Y/n. Well, I better put you to sleep, so you can be fully rested by tomorrow morning, so we can play all day tomorrow. Good night.

Y/n: Night, CatNap.

Then CatNap sprayed her sleeping gas on Y/n and went to sleep like everyone else and the orange haired kid was going to do the same, but CatNap had something to say to him before he puts him to sleep as well.

Orange kid: Alright, CatNap. I'm ready for sleep.

CatNap: Wait. Hold on a minute. I just wanted to say thanks for what you and Y/n did back there. It means a lot to me that you had my back. I want to give you this as a reward for always looking on the bright side.

He hands the orange kid over a sun shaped pendant as a token of his appreciation for supporting him.

Orange kid: Thanks, CatNap. You're the best.

CatNap: Sweet dreams, kid. Sweet dreams.

She then proceeded to spray her sleeping gas to the rest of the kids as they all went to sleep peacefully until CatNap changes his happy expression to a more angry expression as he loomed over the sleeping Theodore as she is about to put Phase 1 into action.

CatNap: (Quietly) Enjoy your peaceful slumber while you can, Theodore, cause I'm about to teach you a thing or two about manners. (Chuckles Darkly)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 8.8K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
26.7K 383 11
Scp 049, also know as the Plague Doctor just working with his experiments until he was call to another scp called. Scp-1471. It was a test but then a...
583K 8.9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
143K 1.6K 36
Hello and welcome to a story about a demon? Is he a normal demon? I think not. Something is really strange about this one. Exactly what are you hidin...