FAKING IT NEXT DOOR

بواسطة thedelusionalgirll

"I thought you hated hugs" , I voiced out as he wrapped his arms ever so gently around me. "I still do, but... المزيد

Author's Note
Dedication
Character Introduction
1. The First Meeting
2. The Good News
3. The Helping Hand
4. Steamy Visions
5. She doesn't drink!
6. Drunken State
7. Laddu Malhotra
8. Reality hits hard
9. Testing his patience
11. Hey Love
12. To the rescue
13. Terms and Conditions
14. Dilemma
15. Distraction
16. Dadi's Call
IMPORTANT - Renaming Hearts Entwined
17. Meeting his family
18. Grilling
19. He likes Chocolate
20. Candlelight Dinner
21. It tastes better !
22. Surprise Visit
23. Homecoming Bonds
24. Vulnerable Moments
25. Veer's Anguish
26.Healing Waves

10. Agitated Mind

177 19 4
بواسطة thedelusionalgirll

सुन रे सुन बेलिया
दिल ने धोखा दिया
आँखें मिली तुमसे नाज़नी
मेरे होश ओ हवास खो गए

I wasn't able to get my mind off the moment that me and Prisha shared in the lift . Though I had mischievously boasted about the "Wet dreams" to her , I was the one suffering. I had to take a long cold shower and now I was just lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I had experienced this thing before, long ago.... It was too scary to realize that I was experiencing it once again.

It wasn't happening on purpose. It was just happening and I was shit scared. And I was liking it way too much for my liking.

There are a few things which aren't in your control. That was how I was reassuring myself at the moment.

The thought of me loving someone and realizing it wasn't enough for them still haunted me.

My mind was too clouded. No, I couldn't do this. I can't. I shouldn't. I won't.

I wasn't going to hurt myself anymore. I am gonna stay away from her. Obviously avoiding her entirely wasn't possible provided we lived on the same floor and her company working with mine, but the lesser I ran into her, the better.

The thoughts engulfed me and I didn't realize when I had dozed off.

♡♡♡

I was successful in avoiding her for the past 4 days . I used to get ready a bit earlier than my habitual time . I was roughly aware about Prisha's office timings so I had been going to my office before my usual time and coming back home late at night.

Right now , I was sitting in my cabin looking through some important work files when the telephone on my desk rang.

"Sir, there's an unexpected meeting today from the App-Techno logistics, in the evening at 6 .", Vikas said from the other end.

"Ask the team head to attend it " , I replied. The thought of meeting Prisha by any chance, made me feel agitated.

"Um Sir , they want to discuss some important proceedings in your presence."

"Fine, have the meeting room ready then" , I said cutting the call after hearing a "Sure Sir" from the other side .

I didn't have an option. I had to face her.

Prisha , my family constantly bugging me about my marriage plans , the office workload ,and then there was me who had already blurted about the 'Special someone ' to my family. Everything was fucking too consuming. I sighed heavily , rubbing my hand over my face .

"Hey broo" , just then Sahil entered my cabin , in his usual sunshiny mood.

"Fuck off ", I said in a no nonsense mood .

"Someone has given you the perfect name not gonna lie, Mr. Rudy" , Sahil said taking a seat opposite my desk.

"Khana kha aur jaa na yaar , dimaag mat kha ", if he was here it was obviously the lunch time.

(Eat your lunch and go... stop eating my brain)

"Waitt if you think I just come here for having lunch with you then you are wrong... I come here to see my best friend okay! ", Sahil said pouting. I rolled my eyes at him. How can a freaking 6 feet muscular man, a guy who apparently has a lot of females swooning over him , pout!?

"Yaa so dekh liya , ab jaa " , I said .

(Now that you have seen me please go)

"Nahi , abhi khane ka naam liya hai toh bina khaye jana accha nahi hota", Sahil said with a wide grin on his face. This man never behaves like a 27 year old. A freaking kindergarten child behaves more maturely than him.

(Now that you have asked about lunch, it won't look good if I deny)

Just then Vikas and another man entered my cabin and Vikas instructed the man to place the lunch for two people on the table in front of the sofa.

I looked at Sahil to notice him rubbing his neck nervously. Obviously he had already instructed Vikas to bring the lunch.

"Accha listen... Can you give me Prisha's number? " , he asked as we sat on the sofa and started eating.

Hearing her name , I choked on my food . "Why do you think I have her number ... Ask Harsh, he can take it from Meera", I said after gulping a full glass of water . It wasn't necessary for him to know that I do have her number.

"Yaa that I will ask him , he was just busy with some meetings so since I was coming to meet you, I thought of asking you. "

"Why do you want it though " , I asked, ensuring to sound unbothered.

"Aise hi " , he replied taking a bite of the food.

(Jusk like that)

I wasn't gonna enquire further. I didn't want to sound concerned in any way.

"Okay leave that. Harsh's parents had called me to discuss about some of his wedding preparations that they want our help in. They had called you in the morning but you didn't pick up their call. ", Sahil continued.

"Oh ya, I had a meeting and completely forgot to call them back . ", I said , mentally making a note to call them at night.

"By the way, I guess Prisha is coming today here for a meeting with us... You can come at around 6:30 if you want to meet her ", I was still curious to know what his 'Aise hi' meant.

"Umm that's fine... I have a meeting too so not possible. I will call her directly sometime afterwards. ", he replied.

"Whatever suits you. ", I said shrugging. After a few minutes, we finished our lunch and Sahil left my cabin.

I went and sat on my chair when the door creaked open to reveal Sahil's face yet again.

"Bye Mr.Rudy ! ", I threw the paperweight in his direction which banged on the door that he had closed in time, saving himself from my wrath.

♡♡♡

My assumption had turned true. She was here in my meeting room , sitting right across me explaining a few features her team had decided to integrate into the app and I was barely comprehending what she was speaking. It was good that my team members were present.

The only thing that I was focusing on right now was the way she was occasionally tucking the loose strands of hair behind her ear, her voice which was no less than a melody for my ears and the way her lips moved while talking. Her lips looked soft and delicate, the light gloss on her lips highlighting its natural pink hue.

The most alluring feature of her face were her black dazzling eyes. They were the first thing that had caught my attention when we had first met... how could I not adore them.

Her eyes.... I could get lost into them for eternity and not complain.

"Sir, I think Miss Sharma's team is doing a great job on the app. ", my teamhead's voice brought me back into reality.

"Yaa , that's some impressive work . ", I said clearing my throat. Mind you I had no idea what they were talking about.

"Mr. Malhotra , as discussed now my team will be starting to integrate the features in the app shortly. I will personally work on the suggestions your team has given today and get back to you. Thank you for giving us your time. ", Prisha said looking at me for the first time since the past one hour and I simply nodded.

She and her team members got up to leave, each shaking their hands with me and my team members. Finally I forwarded my hand towards Prisha when another woman from her team held it.

"Sir I am your biggest admirer. I have read all of your articles that come in the magazines. It is great---"

"Jiya we need to go ", she was cut by Prisha. The woman silently nodded at her and they left my meeting room .

"Vikas, mail me the minutes of meeting today", I said entering my Cabin with Vikas following me.

"Sure Sir, will do it right away ", he said.

"I am leaving right now, mail me tomorrow's schedule as well. ", I said taking my Car keys and I left my cabin .

As I stepped into my office's parking lot, a chilly gust enveloped me. It was drizzling earlier but now it had turned into a full blown storm. Unexpected rains were expected during the season change.

While I started my car engine, I saw Prisha standing at the parking exit, typing something on her phone and occasionally rubbing her sleeveless arms. I drove my car in her direction and stopped in front of her.

"Is this another of your ways of killing yourself, drenching in rain and dying of cold" , I said lowering the passenger window.

"I am not drenched at all ... and I am not in my right mood now Veer...So Stop pissing me off... " , she said scooting a little down to look at me through the open window .

"When are you even in your right mood ... Anyways You didn't bring your scooty?"

"No, it was raining in the morning too" , she said lifting her mobile up at odd angles so I guessed she was searching for network.

"The network's weak in the parking lot, you have to go out of the building"

"Hmm"

"Sit in the car, " , I said.

"I am calling a Cab "

"I just said you have to go out of the building for network and I don't see an umbrella with you."

"It's okay do not bother"

"Sit in the Car Prisha" , I said in a commanding voice.

Sighing heavily , she opened the car door and sat inside.

"Just because you are my bestfriend's fiancé's bestfriend , I have agreed for the ride. Do not get your hopes high. ",she said as I closed the window and switched onn the car's heater.

"Hopes high??? Forr?? " , I said driving the car through the heavy rain.

"Noth--ing...." ,she stammered. Was she by any chance referring to anything that had happened that night.

"Did your team members not ask you if you wanted a ride ... At least that girl should have ... What was her name again ... Yaa Jiya" , I said changing the topic, not wanting to make our conversation any more awkward.

"It wasn't raining this heavy then, and Jiya had called her boyfriend.. And I did prefer to not third wheel them. " , she said looking out of the window.

"Right" , and with that we fell silent. The ride from my office to house was merely 20 minutes and it was spent in complete quietness .

I entered our building lift following her. I wanted to address "that matter" , I wanted to apologize to her but everytime I opened my mouth, I found myself just blowing out air.

Gathering some courage , I finally spoke as the lift opened at our floor.

"Prisha about the other night I am----"

"I am tired Veer. Bye", she said walking towards her house.

Sighing I too walked in the direction of my house. While opening my door , I heard the shutting of the opposite door. Turning around, I just stared at her closed door for a few seconds before entering my house.

I directly went to my secret room which was a room filled with all my precious memories and stuff.

I took my guitar out of the bag which I had kept hanging on the wall and sat on the small couch.

Caressing her scarf that I had tied to my guitar strap, I acknowledged that I couldn't stay away from her, no matter how hard I try.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey Lovelies!!

Happy Valentine's Day !!! 💌

I hope y'all are enjoying the book!!

Please comment guyss.... It really motivates me to write new chapters seeing all the lovely comments 🫶

DO VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE

-Thedelusionalgirll

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

43.1K 1.6K 12
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
839K 30.7K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
804K 39.1K 52
Book 1- unexpected love series She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved,the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would be togeth...
678K 35.7K 41
COMPLETED✅ #1 on indian on 23/3/21 #1 on care on 25/5/21 #1 on india #1 on together on 10/10/21 #1 on apart Veer Singhania. A self made billionaire...