Long Story Short | Theseus Sc...

Oleh kjlyds

With a dark wizard's rise to power, the International Confederation has assigned two aurors from the British... Lebih Banyak

๐‹๐Ž๐šด๐† ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜ ๐’๐šฎ๐Ž๐‘๐“
000 a heroine and king
๐šจ๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ
001 cycad manor
002 a suspicious witness
003 a trip to paris
004 confessions & tears
005 a plan gone right
006 i see sparks fly
007 a familiar face
008 defenceless words
009 confined feelings
010 an offer & a plan
011 to reconnect
012 new meetings & chaos
013 an unsettling feeling
014 i remember it all too well
015 actions & consequences
016 the grudge
017 homewrecker
018 cat and mouse chase
019 it's a crime scene
020 in and out
021 warmth & snow
022 fight or flight
023 crash the party
024 drunken stumbles
025 alleyways of london
026 in the holiday spirit
027 the war hero & the fool
๐šจ๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ
028 oddly freeing
029 the moment i knew
030 cold shoulder
031 quite the contrary
032 i wish you would
033 false farewells
034 to new land
035 a series of events
036 an interruption
037 investigating what?
038 it's a dinner party
039 the confederation
040 tears and a letter
041 executioners
042 the babysitter
043 way things go
044 the wreckage
045 bittersweet goodbyes
046 cafe gossip
๐šจ๐‚๐“ ๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
047 the book about beasts
048 chaotic mishaps
049 bottled up emotions
050 don't poke the bear
051 three broomsticks
052 delivering a letter
053 if only she were smarter
055 collecting herbaria
056 the princess & the hero
057 set the trap and watch
058 to say forevermore
059 the purposed danger
060 i know you better
061 rumours in a ballroom
062 an impromptu event
063 acquiring a portkey
064 all she had to do
065 it's better left unsaid
066 nostalgia

054 victim analysis

1K 43 7
Oleh kjlyds

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"What were you doing at the manor?"

"I attended the party."

"What did you do when you saw him?" Wilton asked and for the hundredth time this hour, Ariadne sighed to herself.

"I told Theseus to not pull out his wand and then we left," she said simply, already fed up with the men sitting in front of her. Since the events over the weekend, Wilton had been called back to London and was currently interviewing a witness: Ariadne. She didn't understand why she was sitting in an interrogation room, Wilton in front of her as Travers and Theseus sat on either side of him. She didn't understand why she couldn't just write the report herself, considering that she was the one who experienced the event.

"And you weren't trying to protect your father when you told Scamander to put his wand down?"

"For the last time, I did not know he was going to be there. And I told Theseus not to pull out his wand because it would not end well for the both of us," Ariadne reiterated, beyond bored and annoyed. How many times would she have to say the truth for them to believe her? "Would you like me to repeat that again? Clearly none of my words this hour have been absorbed through your thick skull." Theseus glanced down, hiding a smile that threatened to slip out. Wilton narrowed his eyes. If Travers wasn't here Ariadne was almost sure he would retort back, but the auror was trying to appear professional in front of his superior.

After a few more questions that were the same just worded differently, Ariadne was finally released from the dark room. Her chair screeched against the floor and she didn't bother shaking their hands before leaving. Only talking a few steps out into the corridor, Theseus caught up with her. His fingers brushed against her hand causing her to tense.

"Are you okay?" Theseus asked.

"Are you really asking me that?" Ariadne shot back, her feet heavy on the marble ground.

"Ariadne." He grabbed her wrist, stopping her from storming away. A glare was almost apparent in her features as she stared up at him.

"What?"

"You want to help but both Wilton and Travers won't accept it with your attitude."

"I'm the one they need," she pointed out, "I know everything about my father. They don't."

"And yet look at where you are," Theseus concluded. He must have known his words were harsh as regret and guilt were painted on his face. "Look, I'm trying to convince them but they really don't want you on it." Ariadne hated the way he looked at her. She hated this feeling. Softness that had no place here. She hated that after their almost kiss, she had to pretend like nothing had changed. Like friends have those moments that alter each other's heartbeat, wanting to get away even while longing for each other to make the first move.

"Scamander," Travers called and Theseus dropped Ariadne's wrist. There was nothing more she wanted to say, not in front of him at least. Without wasting a second, she turned away. She didn't want to be here. Marching away from the questions, the scrutinising stares and the degrading comments, Ariadne left the corridor. There was so much on her mind that she needed a third party view and she knew exactly who to ask.

"You guys almost kissed? Why didn't you?"

"Melinda," Ariadne groaned, dragging out the name. They sat outside, people watching as a waitress handed them their coffee. On a day like this, they were the only ones crazy enough to sit outside. Clouds hung from above, threatening to downpour at any moment. People passing carried umbrellas and held onto their rain jackets, eyes darting up to the sky.

"Is he not the ideal man?" Melinda continued, ignoring Ariadne's embarrassment. "He's tall, handsome and has a good status. Not to mention kind and very much in love with you."

"No, he's not," she denied, trying not to let the blush reveal how hope filled her heart with Melinda's words.

"Uh huh."

"It's more complicated than that," Ariadne argued, shaking her head, "He's my boss. I can't date him." It was frowned upon if co-workers had a romantic relationship in the same department, especially working as an auror. You could not let your feelings get in the way of anything, particularly on the field. Not to mention she would have to bypass Travers to get the okay; he would never in a million years approve.

"Why not?"

"Because people will talk. And I don't need another reason for them to," Ariadne trained her eyes away, anywhere that wasn't Melinda's face. She didn't want to see the reaction that was prompted by her own words. Throughout Ariadne's life, people's views on her were always negative. They had nothing good to say about her because no one wanted to say anything good about her. She was smart for her age, she was a tryhard. She was cunning and ambitious, she lacked empathy for those she cut down. If she even looked at Theseus the wrong way, people would talk. "I don't want my achievements to be looked down on because people thought that Theseus just gave it to me."

A soft hand was placed on Ariadne's which made her glance back to Melinda. Soft eyes filled with empathy stared back at her, "When have you ever cared about what other people have to say about you?"

"Just because I don't show it doesn't mean I don't care," Ariadne muttered, "I would give a lot for people to stop talking about me."

"Do you really want what they say to take Theseus away from you?" Melinda questioned and Ariadne already had an answer in her mind. "He has feelings for you. If you don't take the risk because of what people will say, how much would you regret that?"

"And what if he doesn't want me."

"Oh c'mon," she exclaimed, "What did I say to you when you told me your feelings?"

"I knew it," Ariadne repeated with a fond roll of her eyes.

"Exactly. It's so obvious that it pains me that you can't see it."

"But what if he realises he doesn't want me anymore after he has me?" Ariadne asked in a small voice. There were so many 'what if's' that it was hurting Ariadne's brain just thinking about it. Why did she care this much about what he thought and what he wanted? Was he having the same conversation with Bailey after Ariadne practically dragged Melinda away from the pair?

"That is utter bullshit. He has had feelings for you for years, just because he can freely express them won't mean he'll stop." Melinda's words hit Ariadne like a well needed wake up call. The look on Ariadne's face was enough to make Melinda sighed, "Tell me about the men who have ruined your perception of love and I'll tell you if you were the bad guy."

Ariadne snorted at the raven witch's bluntness, a soft distant emotion gracing her face. The answer was obvious: it was the first man who she ever knew. Why was it that the father always influenced the child's impression of love? She wanted to be nothing like him and yet he seemed to linger in every corner of herself. "Well, my first love didn't like how I was in the traineeship of becoming an auror since later I would have a higher ranking job than him. We fought a lot, he told me to quit and I didn't want to so he ended it."

"You weren't the bad guy. I mean seriously? Who cares if you have a 'higher ranking' job?"

"My second one wanted to settle down, have children, live out the white picket fence life. I was still making a name for myself and thought having children would get in the way of my job... And I thought that I wouldn't make a great parent," Ariadne summarised, being completely unreserved as she tried to detach her emotions. If she was being honest, he had hurt her most. Just because she didn't want to settle down then never meant she didn't want to at all. But he didn't want to wait and eventually they realised it would have been better just to separate.

"You would be an amazing mum," Melinda disclosed, squeezing Ariadne's hand softly. "And just because you weren't ready, doesn't make you unlovable," she added adamantly. Holding both her hands now, the raven witch stared at Ariadne, "Take the risk. Please, because maybe he's worth it. And you won't know that until you actually put your foot forward."

"Okay."

[1455 words]

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1K 14 7
Theseus Scamander was a man of many means. A boy born with "pure-blood" and great wealth was already destined for a comfortable life, but in the comp...
188K 5.5K 33
Grindelwald's wizard gathering had left Theseus Scamander still reeling from his fiancรฉe's loss, which led him to take a few months off to get his sa...
263K 5.6K 40
Aurora liana Dumbledore has always been friends with Newt and had a crush on Theseus even though he was a little older than her. When Newt was expell...
36.9K 829 30
"Time. Curious time. Gave me no compasses, gave me no signs. Were there clues I didn't see?" A "thread of gold" that connects two soulmates and bring...