Laminax Laboratories 🔬(UNDER...

By Dude98362

(This is basically an entirely different book now.) Jake is in need of a job. Badly in need of a job. He was... More

Notes & Characters
(Rewrite) Chapter 1: Opportunities
(Rewrite) Chapter 2: Taught The Basics
(Rewrite) Chapter 3: The Truth
(Rewrite) Chapter 4: Computer Research
(Rewrite) Chapter 5: Late Interview & Lunch
(Rewrite) Chapter 6: Poweroutage
(Rewrite) Chapter 7: Traumatic Events
(Rewrite) Chapter 8: A Senior Scientist is Always Right
(Rewrite) Chapter 9: Not What it Seems
(Rewrite) Chapter 10: Horrifying Sights
(Rewrite) Chapter 12: *Slight* Changes
(Rewrite) Chapter 13: Just a Bad Nightmare
(Rewrite) Chapter 14: Blackout Fight
(Rewrite) Chapter 15: How Gruesome
(Rewrite) Chapter 16: Get This Man a Therapist
(Rewrite) Chapter 17: In a Raid, Sacrifices Must Be Made
Thank you (7K)

(Rewrite) Chapter 11: Two at Once

257 6 25
By Dude98362

((This chapter includes 'slight' cringe. (Transfur thingy on a limb) Just a heads up. Oh yeah, sorry for not getting this out sooner, I know 6 days isn't that much of a wait..but..yea. I'll try to get chapter 12 out faster than it took for this one to release.))

"What can I say? I'm the best prankster here. Sebastian doesn't have shit on me!" Dr. L exclaims, with pride. "Who..?" I ask. "Uhhh...just another regular ol guard. He pulls off more crazy pranks than me, but I pull off the better ones." Dr. L says. Suddenly, a familiar voice from Dr. L's radio speaks up.

"I've got eyes! Got eyes on 43! I'm currently in pursui- OH F-" The voice exclaims, before coming to a halt. I felt like I knew the person on the other end, as slowly lifted my head up to Dr. L, as he lowers his head down to me, and we both make direct eye contact. "Was that Kai?" Dr. L asks. "..I..I think so.." I reply. "Alright Rita, we're going to find Kai and make sure he's okay." Dr. L says. "Isn't that the guard's jobs? ALSO my job?" Rita asks. "Yeah, it is, but I honestly could care less!" Dr. L replies, hurriedly running off with me.

I hear several panicked voices coming from Dr. L's radio, as we run through the hallways of the facility. "WHERE IS KAI! WHERE IS HE!" Dr. L yells into his radio. "Stay calm, we're trying to figure it out." A voice on the other end of his radio says. We finally reach a large gate close to the cafeteria entrance. "The..the crystal cave! We need to check here first! It's the only logical area that 43 would be in! And if we find 43, we find Kai!" Dr. L exclaims.

Dr. L presses a large button next to the gate, as it slowly opens. "Stick with me, Wesson! We're not splitting up!" Dr. L exclaims. "..y-yeah..okay.." I reply. As the gate fully opens, cold air hits my skin. I see beautiful blue crystals inside, with the largest ones catching my eye. The shimmering noises they make..how..unique it looks..but that's besides the point. Right now, we're supposed to find Kai.

"KAI! WHERE ARE YOU!" Dr. L yells through the cave, echoing. We get no reply. "Alright then...c'mon, let's go find him." Dr. L says, motioning for me to follow behind him. We walk through the caves, trying to find Kai. Suddenly, a kaiju who I presume is subject 43, jumps from behind a crystal, onto Dr. L. I'm frozen in shock, as he fights for his life. I grab a metal bat on a shelf, and swing as hard as I can on 43's side. 43 tumbles over onto the ground, as Dr. L pulls out his colt python, and aims it at 43. "Thanks." Dr. L says. "..y-yeah..no p-problem.." I say, shivering at what had just happened.

Dr. L presses a button on his radio. "I got on 43. Repeat, got eyes on 43. Crystal cave, near the uh..shelf with the vending machine." Dr. L says into his radio. I watch as 43 writhes in pain, from the hit I took on them. 43 yells and curses, but I have the feeling I am the only one that can hear them. "Find Kai." Dr. L says. I frantically look around for Kai, until I see him. He lays on the floor, unconscious. I take notice of his right arm, which has that part of the hazmat suit torn off, replaced with red fur. "D-dr. L!" I exclaim, taken back. "What. I'm trying to- Oh no..no..not him too..god..." Dr. L says.

"What do we do?!" I exclaim. "Fuck. Uhhh...use your syringe on his arm. I have plenty more of them." Dr. L says. I take out the syringe out of my pocket, stabbing it into his infected arm and injecting the liquid into it. I then pull the syringe out, as Kai jolts up. "GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SH- ..oh." Kai says, getting off of the ground. "Don't be alarmed, but you should look at your arm." Dr. L says. "What? What do you- oh. My. God." Kai says, too shocked to speak. He raises his right arm up, looking at it, and clenching his paw, then releasing. "Shit..this is real..not good.." Kai says.

43 gets up off the ground, to which Dr. L kicks them in the stomach, causing them to fall back down to the floor. "Not good at all. Now I got two people becoming gootraxians! How amazing is that!" Dr. L exclaims, frustrated. "Two?" Kai asks. "Yes, two! You and Wesson!" Dr. L replies. I stare at Kai awkwardly. "You're telling me you've been infected this whole time, and you didn't bother to tell me?" Kai asks. "..yeah..because I'd think you would make me a subject, like the rest of them.." I reply. "Well now, if anyone knows about the two of us, we're as good as dead." Kai says. "I'm not letting you two become a subject." Dr. L says.

"..why..?" I ask. "..I...past experiences." Dr. L replies. "Well...what do we do now?" I ask. "We make our way to my room, so I can get you both comically large gloves." Dr. L replies, beginning to walk off. Me and Kai look at each other for a second, before following Dr. L back to the elevators. We all awkwardly walk into the elevator as Dr. L presses the 'hotel' button, sending us up the elevator, as the doors close. All three of us stand in awkward silence, as I see Kai continuously looking down at his infected arm.

The elevator stops, as the doors slide open shortly after. "Alright. C'mon." Dr. L says, walking over to his hotel room. We walk up to a door with a label saying '102'. Dr. L scans his ID card on the door, as it clicks. He then pushes the door open, walking into his room. "Aaand, here we are!" Dr. L exclaims, holding the door for me and Kai. We both walk into the room, as I see it looks just as messy as the last time I saw it.

I watch as Dr. L rummages around his drawers, and all over the room. He finally pulls out a gigantic arm glove. "Here's uh..one!" He says, holding it up, proud. Kai snatches it from his and tries to put it on his arm. "No need to be so aggressive..damn.." Dr. L says, looking around for a second arm glove. "God damn it! Why does it have to be the arm I use!" Kai exclaims with frustration, struggling to get the arm glove on.

I watch as Dr. L takes out another arm glove, and hands it to me. I take it, and roll my lab coat sleeves up. I take notice of a small patch of fur, with pinkish purple goo slowly spreading from it. I quickly take the arm glove, and put it on with ease. The glove has a simple design, black in color. I roll down my lab coat sleeves, looking back up at Kai, who is still struggling. "GOD DAMNIT!" He yells in frustration. The sudden outburst causes me to flinch, and Dr. L to turn back to Kai.

"Just a glove man..just a glove.." Dr. L says. "I can't get this damn thing on man! It keeps slipping off!" Kai says. "If you need help, just ask." Dr. L says. Kai looks up at Dr. L with a 'are you kidding me' look. "What? I'm helping you." Dr. L says. "..I need help getting it on." Kai says. "Coulda just told me." Dr. L replies, walking over to Kai, using both his hands to put the arm glove on him. Dr. L successfully gets the arm glove on Kai. "...thanks." Kai says. "..this..is a little tight.." He continues, moving 'his' right arm (the infected one) around, clenching and unclenching his newly formed paw.

"The tightness helps with a better grip, ya know." Dr. L says. "..it does?" Kai asks. "Yep. It's pretty neat." Dr. L replies. "Hey Wesson, you alright? You've been pretty quiet lately." He asks me. "Uh- Yeah, all good..." I reply. "Youuu sure about that?" Dr. L asks. "..yep." I reply. "Alright then." Dr. L says, looking around for something else. He pulls out two syringes with grey liquid in them, and hands one to me. I take it, and put it in one of my pockets. "What is this for?" Kai asks, hesitantly taking the syringe. "I was literally just going to tell you. Anyways, it's a syringe full of white blood cells. If your ar- If you get any burning sensation on your body, use it." Dr. L replies.

"Uh...okay..." Kai says, putting the syringe in their hazmat suit pocket. "Anyways..that just about wraps things up here...you two can go now. I'm going to stay up here and uh..get things organized." Dr. L says. Me and Kai nod, before walking out. "See ya!" I say, leaving his room, and shutting the door. I walk into the elevator with Kai, unsure of what to talk about. I press the 'Lab' button, as I feel the elevator sending us down. "..so...how's life been?" Kai asks, looking at the walls of the elevator. "Terrible. So listen, this is what happens, okay? I get fired from my job, struggle finding another one, until I get an email from this place. I get accepted, and learn what actually goes on down here. Now I'm...becoming a goo monster." I reply.

"I mean..it's not like it's the end of the world. Besides losing your memories." Kai says. "..if I lose my memories, then I'm a whole new me. Same goes for you." I say. "I mean..yeah..we better spend our final days carefully...but..then again..twenty percent of infected individuals keep their memories.." Kai says. "That's one in five." I say. "Better than nothing though, right?" Kai asks. "..yeah.." I sigh in defeat. The elevator comes to a halt, as it dings, the doors opening. In front of me lies the two guards from the outside of the facility, that let me in.

"Still super glued?" The brown haired guard asks. "..yeah." I reply. "Haha, we're going to mistake you for a subject soon or something man! Just take that lab coat off and we won't even recognize ya!" The black haired guard says, chuckling. "..I never got your names..." I say. "Oh yeahhh...my name is Liam. Nice to meetcha. For the second time." The brown haired guard says. "My name is Nathan." The black haired guard says. "Anyways, I got a question for you, Kai." Liam says, turning his glance to him. "Yeah? What is it?" Kai asks. "What's up with the giant arm cover? Also, where did your hazmat suit arm go off to?" Liam asks.

"Uh...the hazmat suit arm got torn up when I was chasing that one escaped subject. I ripped it off and put a giant glove on." Kai says. "Ohhh..alright..you're pretty lucky to make it out of there..ya know..alive." Liam says. "Haha..yeah.." Kai says, A hint of sarcasm in his chuckle. "Anyways, we got a job to do, see you around, Kai!" Nathan says, walking to the elevator with Liam. "See ya!" Kai says, waving bye to them. The two guards call the elevator, as I watch the doors close. Kai looks at me with a look of confusion. "..how did that work.." He says. "Dr. L is always right.." I reply. "No- I mean..how did they actually BELIEVE my fake story?" Kai asks. I shrug in response.

The intercom suddenly turns on.

"Subject 42 has been captured and recontained, we thank you for your cooperation, Laminax staff. You may resume normal duties."

And it turns off with a beep.

"Well..there it is. At least I contributed in getting that fucker back in its cell." Kai says, a hint of anger present in his voice, as he looks down at his gloved arm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 226 41
TW: Violence, swearing, Canon x Canon, confusing crap, angst, mentions of heavy topics (that doesn't appear until later on) Yo, I finally put down a...
109K 4.3K 64
A werewolf story (Cover edit: Made by me) ~ Hyunjin harshly wiped his wretched tears and screamed, "You promised you wouldn't lie to me! "There are t...
2.9K 141 13
Grant Alan awakens and finds himself in the year 9123, thousands of years into the future, where the world had been taken over by other beings. Unfor...
10.6K 251 19
Set in a future not too far, this tale embarks a journey into a world where humans have found a way to merge animal and human DNA, to become anthropo...