MASKED

By Pawmusic2

Can a princess love a pauper? Can a Alpha trust a rouge? Can a werewolf love his mate if she can't reveal he... More

Chapter 1 - Nightmare
Chapter 2 - Training
Chapter 4 - Etiquette
Chapter 5 - Love and War
Chapter 6 - Pain

Chapter-3 Mate?

8 1 0
By Pawmusic2

I had gone back to training and since finishing I decided I needed a run. I excused myself to my room and removed my uniform before grabbing a pair of shorts and a black hoodie from my wardrobe.

I exited my room and followed the staircase and winding corridors until I found the back door of the castle, which lead out onto the private garden. I pushed open the back door and felt the warm summer breeze hit my face as I took in the view in front of me. The garden was a large field of flowers and bushes which had been sculpted into different types of animal shapes. At the end of the field was a lake which had the moon looking down upon it. It wasn't full yet but on the night of the moon ball it will be.

I checked for any other wolves before I hid behind a tree which had grown next to the palace wall. I removed my clothing and shifted into my large golden wolf. I have been with her since the age of 15 when she told me her name which was "Aureum" or "Aure" for short.

She was the colour of all royal wolves. My brother and my father's wolves are golden as well except my mother's who was a brilliant white.

I ran through the garden making my way towards the water. It has been ages since I let my wolf out and I finally felt free even though I couldn't run outside of these walls.

"Lyra," Aure muttered from inside my head.

"Aure, I haven't heard from you in ages. Have you been feeling ok?" I asked as I jumped over a hedge.

"I've felt weird Lyra." She sighed. "I feel like something is coming, I've been trying to figure out what."

"Is it a bad thing?" I questioned as I trotted through the flower beds.

"I'm not sure, but I think it's a good thing." She whispered a slight excitement in her voice.

"I hope it is, I can do with some good news, but if you couldn't be sure then we never know." I teased as I jumped face first into the water.

I felt my fur stick to me as I swam through the water. The cold water felt good in the warm air. I barked for joy as I swam around in little circles.

"Lyra!" Someone called.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"It's Tia's voice," Aure laughed as we swam back to the lake side.

I ran back through the garden and jumped back over the hedges, dashing throught the flowerbeds, until I saw Tia in the castle doorway.

"Lyra!" She shouted as I ran towards her. She was in her grey dressing gown and her long black hair was down at her sides.

I ran past her and went behind the tree, shifting back into my human form. I quickly got dressed and walked up to Tia, who had a frown on her face.

"What?" I asked as I pulled my hood up.

"Your father tells me you need etiquette lessons?" She said rasing her eyebrow at me.

I sigh, "he wants me to be a princess again."

"You were always a princess. He just wants you to act like one." She hissed rolling her eyes. "Anyway, you start tomorrow afternoon, after the meeting with these rouges."

"Do I really need it?" I asked trying to give Tia the puppy dog eyes.

She looked me up and down and frowned. "You're wearing shorts and a hoodie, they are both covered in mud and you are soaking wet."

I looked down at my muddy clothes and the water dripping from my body.

"Am I not allowed a run?"

"Yes but you shouldn't have jumped in the water. You need a shower like yesterday!" She exhaled as she took hold of my wrist. "Let's go shower and bed!"

I chuckled as Tia led me inside the castle.

_______________________________________

After I had woken up the next morning I felt weird as if I was anticipating something. I could feel Aure pacing inside my head.

I put my uniform on and my mask and headed down to the grand hall where my colleagues were waiting with Commander Williams.

I watched as the large wooden doors were pushed open for me by two guards.

I walked inside and my colleagues turned to stare at me from where they were standing in the middle of the room. The room was the same as it always was when no party's were being held. A long red carpet ran from the thrones to the large entrance and the tables which had been here before were removed.

"Tigress, nice of you to join us," William sneered.

"Morning Sir," I grinned as I stood with my colleague to attention.

"Listen team the King and the Prince will be here soon. I want you in your positions, ready to pounce." William commanded. "You will stand in the beams above and jump down if the royal family needs help, understood?"

"UNDERSTOOD," we shouted as a collective as we jumped up onto the beams.

I watched as Commander Williams stood at the right hand side of my father's chair and the large grand entrance doors opened, revealing my father and brother.

My father was wearing his golden crown with his long red king robes, while my brother wore his crown prince crown and his yellow and red robes. The doors closed quickly as my family walked up the grand hall on the red carpet and took their seats upon the thrones.

"Bring in our guests!" My father commanded as the servants pulled the large double doors again to reveal 7 large males, who walked into the room.

I studied them. Four males walked in first all looking well fed and trained, they must be the warriors of their little pack.

I growled as I remembered that they were rogues and they had killed people.

"Shhh," Bear shushed me, as he sat across from me on the same beam. I realised my mistake and continued to glare down at the guests below.

The two who followed behind them looked stronger. One was a tall brown haired male with blue eyes and tanned skin. He had a little stubble around his chin and his hair was cut short on top. He was wearing a white top with a black jacket and jeans. He had a serious look on his face and looked to feel the presence of my father's aura.

He must be the Beta, I realised this because of the mark on his wrist which showed itself when his sleeves pulled up when he walked.

The other male was a tall man with dark skin, he had dark brown eyes and short dark brown coily hair with trimmed facial hair around his lips and chin of the same colour. He had a friendly smile on his face. He wore a dark blue top and black jeans.

He must be the Delta, the third in command, I could tell by the mark on his wrist which wasn't as hidden. He seemed pleasent.

Then the final male walked into the room and suddenly I was hit with the strong smell of vanilla and cedarwood with minty notes. It was the best smell I had ever had the pleasure of smelling.

And suddenly my eyes were fixated on him. He was the most handsome man I had ever seen. He was tall with tanned skin, he had short black hair and striking green eyes. He had a muscular build and was wearing a black top with black pants and a dark blue jacket. It was him, Theodore Thamian.

As he strode into the room I could see his biceps tense making my mouth water.

"MATE," I heard Aure scream inside my head as she began to howl and jump

"No way," I whispered.

"Shhh," Bear shushed me again and I shot him a glare.

I suddenly had an urge to jump down from this beam and wrap my arms around Theodore. I wanted to kiss him, touch him...

What am I thinking!

He's a rouge alpha and a cold blooded killer, he's not even on my list of people who should be attractive to me.

I can't be with him! What do I do? He can't know I'm a princess.

"Mate! He's ours go to him!" Aure begged, but I shook her from my mind.

Has he noticed me?

I observed him as the doors shut behind him. It looked like he could smell me slightly but I was hiding myself and it would be difficult for him to spot me, even as an alpha.

"Welcome Theodore Thamian and his pack of rouges. How can I assist you," my father bellowed across the room.

"Good morning your majesty,' he said respectfully as he bowed his head towards my father, his voice deep and thick like chocolate on a microphone. "We are here today as allies. We do not wish to be rouges but want a habitat, a home, to call our own."

"Why have you come here now." My father pondered aloud.

"After my father's territory burned to the ground my people have had no where to call home. We have traveled in search of unclaimed territory." Theodore shouted out.

"Unclaimed? Why not go back to your own land? Why not clean it up and rebuild?" My father growled. "Are you too lazy to work the land me and your father left you?"

Theodore went to speak up, but was interrupted by one of his warriors.

"How dare you speak to our alpha that way!" He screamed.

"Jake stand down," Theodore threatened. "We don't want trouble."

"Watch who you speak to boy!" My father bellowed through the room making shivers go down everyone's spines. "I am your king and you will respect me or die!"

"I choose to die then cause there is no way you are our king!" He spat.

"Very well," my father mutted and I watched as he clicked his fingers.

I saw Bear jump down from the beams and bow before his king before turning to face the defiant mutt.

Bear removed his sword from his back and held it towards Jake. Jake took a step forward to accept the fight. I watched as Theodore put his head in his hand and ran it through his hair. He had a small grin on his face as if he was excited to see a little bloodshed today.

I shivered and Aure barked inside my mind, turned back to watch the fight.

Bear lunged for Jake cutting his chest but Jake was fast and jumped back before bringing his claws out and scratching at Bear.

Using his claws, barbaric. Does he have no equcatte. To be fair this is probably how most wolves fight but what do I know as a shut in princess, I smirked as I continued to watch the fight.

I watch as Bear takes a chunk out of Jake and he staggers backwards, just before he tries to go for Bear again, Theodore speaks up.

"Jake stop!" He commands his voice filling the room. It was a true alpha command and Jake stood still in his tracks.

"I apologise for my warriors insubordination, I will handle him appropriately," Theodore growled as Bear took a step back.

"You best be mindful of who you are talking to," Chris spoke up as he stood from his throne. "You come to our home and demand a territory and then have your warrior threaten us. How does that look?"

"You pompus twat!" Jake screamed as he grabbed a dagger from his belt and threw it towards my brother.

Before Jake could even let it go I dashed down from my beam and stood in front of my brother, drawing my dagger in one hand and catching his dagger in my other hand.

I stood tall in front of my brother daggers drawn ready to fight.

My mate could see me now. I watched his face stood emotionless but his eyes grew shocked. I stared back at him before turning my body to my brother, kneeling in front of him.

Aure was screaming inside my head that we made eye contact with our mate, she ran in circles in joy but stopped when I turned away from him.

"Sire," I whisper trying not to gag at having to say this to my own brother.

"Tigress, finish this." My father ordered from his throne as I shot him a glance.

I pulled myself to my feet and turned my body towards the rouge Jake. I took a step towards him, spinning the daggers in my hands, but before I could attack Jake fell to the ground.

Theodore had drawn his claws and ripped out Jake's throat. I watched as the blood poard from Jake's open wound as he chocked for air and fell to the ground.

I looked at Theo's hands which were covered in blood. He had a sinister smile on his face. I didn't understand why, did he want to kill his own pack? Or is it from finding a fighter as a mate.

"As I said your highness. I apologise. I do displine my pack," he smirked as he bowed his head. "Please let's get back to business, I don't want any more blood spilt on this matter."

I put my daggers away and stood to attention looking at my father. He sighed and nodded his head.

"Bear, Tigress you are dismissed," Commander Williams shouted as we nodded. I watched Bear jump back onto his beam, I turned and shared a glance with Theodore before doing the same.

Aure was still begging me to go to him, I had to block her out because the temptation was getting difficult.

"Back to the question at hand." Theo began. "My people have dwindled in number and we need help to sort the land we had. I ask either for your help with cleaning my old land or helping me find a new one, for my people to live. Please."

"I have heard of you, Theodore Thamian, you are a killer with the highest disregard for all life," my father growled.

"The rumors about me are not entirely true. I only killed those who threatened my pack or treated us as evil rouges. I will not allow my people to be treated in such a way. Please sire, help my people?" He pleaded.

My father pondered for a moment. "I am a merciful king and even after the disrespect your people have shown me, I will help. You may stay here until the moon ball to discuss plans for your territory."

"Thank you Sire, thank you." He smiled as his wolves hugged each other in celebration.

I watched as he searched for me in the beams. I wanted to go to him but I couldn't. We shouldn't be together.

"DISMISSED," my father bellowed. "Theodore, meet me in my office this evening, when you have settled in."

Theodore nodded as the servants went to show them their rooms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 164 18
Thorn between love and war, Princess Isabella fights to find the hidden truth of a series of mysterious deaths. Throw in some family drama and a sex...
22.7K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
2.1M 59.9K 36
MATE TRILOGY #1 | Being an orphan at the mere age of sixteen, Lyra Dane, with no place in the pack is faced with an ultimatum; to go Rogue or marry A...
208K 6K 45
Wynter is an 18 year old girl born from a powerful family where her parents are the famous King and Queen of all wolves. Her mother being a Fae and a...