๐๐‡๐Ž๐„๐๐ˆ๐— ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐‚๐„.

By FOUNDN0VA

เญจ โ™ก เญง ใ€” ๐‡๐ˆ๐๐€ ๐“๐€๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐๐€๐๐€... ใ€• ใ…ค โ–ฌโ–ฌ โ €โ €โ› Together, there was nothing that could stop the t... More

โ”€ โ PHOENIX FORCE. . . โž
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.

seven.

20 3 12
By FOUNDN0VA

❝Troublesome. ❞ : 007
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 𝐏𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗫 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗖𝗘 ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

SAYRENN DID NOT BELIEVE in a lot of things, and hope was first on the list, but the following morning at school made her faith change. She would have never trusted her eyes if it was not for hearing her friend's voice.

"Are you just going to stand there with your mouth open and not crush my bones?" [Name] grumbled, sipping on a carton of banana milk while tucking a skateboard under her arm.

[Name] looked the same in Sayrenn's eyes. She still held a temper as frail as a bomb, skin still basked in bronze, and her eyes forever that glint of dullness.

She was still the same old person who left her behind.

"[Name]," Sayrenn affirmed. Unknowingly, a smile sprung onto her face, and a sunny gleam warmed her russet-brown eyes. "I've been waiting for two weeks! Two weeks! And you finally decide to show up!"

"Yeah," [Name] shrugged and she looked into her eyes—joy twinkling within, "I can't control what goes on in my personal life—"

She hugged her.

Sayrenn Parades hugged [Name] [Last Name].

Her lungs were given room to breathe as soft arms embraced her torso; later, it developed muscle and squeezed her bones, connecting the body, mind, and soul as the warmth spreads through them like a draping duvet over shivering persons.

Sayrenn nuzzled her face into the girl's chest. "Glad to have you back! I missed you so much, including Hinata!"

[Name] couldn't let those words wrap around her head—so she withdrew from the hug right away, feeling the fresh, cold breeze envelop her once more as she fixed a ludicrous gaze onto Sayrenn.

"What do you mean including Hinata...?" She asked, titling her head to the side and finished her drink.

The filipina gazed up at her, an amused smile painted prettily across her face. "She kept asking for you! She even asked if you were fine and when you'll come back to school. I guess she missed you."

[Name] huffed. A roll of her eyes followed after she crossed her arms, and scoffed, "we hardly know each other, Sayrenn."

"That doesn't stop her from missing you~" She cooed in her ear, and left giggles to echo.

"Refrain from whispering in my ears," [Name] pushed her away, narrowing her eyes. "Besides, she has a boyfriend and I highly doubt she even likes girls—"

Sayrenn furrowed her eyebrows and frowned. "Seriously? Is this all you'll ever do. Make excuse after excuse after excuse!"

"How am I making an excuse, Sayrenn! You're the one who's feeding me bullshit!"

"Your love for her isn't bullshit."

"Yes, it is!" [Name] shouted. Her soft hands reaching for the filipina's collar and hoisting her against a wall. "It's bullshit and you know it, Sayrenn."

"I don't, [Name]! I seriously don't..." She grunted, her hands feebly attempt to break away from the anger and strength restraining her. "You clearly love her but won't confess and you keep using all these excuses to procrastinate. You need to stop doubting yourself."

"I am not doubting myself. It is just me accepting my fate. You and I both know girls like Hinata are beautiful to watch from a distance." With those words, her winter-cold stare disappears without a trace as warmth rushed to her cheeks.

Sayrenn sighed, "don't you get tired of that distance?"

"You think I don't?" [Name] murmured softly, "she's a sun and I'd be a fool to not be like Icarus and burn to prove my love for her. Even if it means—I die in the end."

Sayrenn frowns, a tear sliding down her cheek. She looks like a wounded bird; her eyes tired yet shone with determination to overcome another obstacle.

"Oh, [Name]—" she mourns.

"—never question me again," The curly-head seethes, as she reluctantly releases her—creating some space between them so nobody would get the wrong idea—and narrowed her eyes at any onlookers before glancing back at her. "Now, shall we get something to drink?"

"I don't see why not," panted Sayrenn. The filipina hunched over and pressed down on her kneecaps. "Also, please never do that again."

"That one's on me Sayrenn," she apologized with a sheepish grin, scratching the nape of her neck. "I didn't mean to scare or hurt you like that. I just—"

"I know," Sayrenn hummed, "you get so caught up in your emotions—you fail to notice the harm you could cause."

No need to remind me. She wanted to say but was quickly interrupted by a thunderous call of her name: trouble etched itself to her.

She spins around, muttering, "huh?"

Her eyes widened by a fraction once landing on Mrs. Ito—another Mathematician; another teacher who hated her guts and wanted her kicked out the school.

"Did you seriously think the day wouldn't come," The angry woman grumbled. Her pink lips pressed into a thin line despite the corners twitching upwards and the honey in her eyes almost sang of victory. "Did you really think so? Now you can finally get out of here—"

The bell rang. The sound immediately eliminated her boasts and cockiness as footsteps paraded the halls and groups of students ran to reach their classrooms.

"Hm?" [Name] smirked at the teacher. "I didn't hear anything you said, teach. Wanna waste more time or are you going to do your job for once?"

"Why you little—"

"Sorry, Mrs. Ito, but we can't be late for first period! We have art!" Sayrenn intervened with a burst of energy and grabbed [Name] then raced towards the art room.

"See you never," [Name] waved at the teacher. Her smile was bright; as blinding as the sun's.

She was glad to be saved by the bell.

....or so she thought.

Remind her to never believe in luck again.

Before she could even enter the art room with Sayrenn, her body froze with goosebumps spreading all over the surface of her skin when her name was uttered again where it travelled back to Mrs. Ito. Then it shifted onto someone else.

"[Name]," boomed the familiar voice from beside the teacher, "we need to talk."

She was so unlucky. Mr. Tanaka, the chairman of the school, called for her. His sharp, reddish eyes studied her frame, as he burned holes into her skin, while his feet tapped against the titled floor to remind her; time was ticking.

She hung her head, lowly.

The tension coursing through her veins made her feel sick and nauseous as she approached them, unwillingly leaving behind Sayrenn.

"Can I help you?" She asked, wearily.

With her head bowing down, she missed the sly smirk curling onto his face, like one of the Cheshire Cat.

He ran his hand through his burgundy-coloured which was styled in a slick back as he spoke, "I prefer for my students to look me in the eyes whenever we talk."

"I'm not one of your students," she corrected, "you've never taught my class and quite frankly, I don't think you should."

He hummed. His head titled to the side. "And why is that?"

"Your methods aren't worth the kill."

He smiled at her. His smile looked inviting and friendly but that's the approach most monsters made when hunting their prey.

"Is that so...?"

"Yes," [Name] frowned in return.

"I see," The chairman acknowledged the fury bottled inside her as he continued to speak and she continued to shake in rage. "Then, I'll have one of my best students tutor you and see if you are right."

Her face fell.

She didn't want to be paired with just anybody and most of those kids loathed people like her—not like they would ever consider them people. People like her were scum of society.

They were people who spent their whole life being shun and casted out of everything or just resorted to heinous crimes and violence because they had no other way out.

"Who is it?" She finally asked, boredom heavy in her words, but the hesitant written on her face said otherwise.

Noticing the way she balked, the chairman continued with a gleeful tone. "Hinata Tachibana."

The chairman expected her to stay quiet—and she did; a layer of silence was placed over them, he could see calculations working her brain.

She didn't react much. But the mathematics teacher did.

"WHAT!" Mrs. Ito shrieked. Her eyes filled with disdain and nearly bugled out of shock. "Sir, you can't let her—she will ruin my star student like that Hanagaki boy—"

He huffed a joyless laugh. He'd been waiting for her to finally defy him. "Are you questioning me, Ito?"

She gulped. "Um..."

"Because it sounds like you are questioning my authority and if you have such a problem with how I run things here," Those pink lips belonging to the chairman hovered over her ears as he continued, "why don't you do us all a favour and resign."

She couldn't protest.

The chairman was a siren (luring her astray). One look into his eyes and everyone would be at his mercy, begging for him to give them a second chance.

Too bad for them: second chances don't exist in the real world.

"...yes...sir," Mrs. Ito gritted through her teeth.

The man smiled, awfully delighted. He placed his hand onto her head and patted the sandy blonde hair as if she were a pet.

"See," He mocked, "I knew you would be a good pet."

She squirmed under his touch and swallowed her dignity before it was stolen.

"It was a wonderful experience, sir." She mushed herself closer to him and smiled as he leaned forward with ill intent.

"I bet it was," He gloated. "After all, I trained you to exceed my expectations~"

"Yes...thank you...sir."

"Mhm." The chairman hummed before yanking her by the hair and stooping low to her ears again. "Now hurry up and get out of my school."

"Yes, sir!"

He leaned back, smiling lazily. "Good. Very good." He condescendingly said as he patted her hair and directed his gaze back to his student. "Now, [Name], hurry up and get to class."

[Name] deadpanned.

"I would already be there if you didn't stop me. I also need a note to show the teacher why I was late."

He nodded, curtly and handed her a folded note. "Enjoy the rest of your day."

"You too," [Name] grumbled, accepting the letter while she ignored the fake smiles he sent. Fucking asshole.

Unbeknownst to her, the chairman's smile fell abruptly as she turned her back and returned to class.

He knew all of his students. From their faces to their names, then their family, the secrets they keep, the facades they put up, and the rumours that threaten their reputation.

What a tough cookie, that one.

Not even a crumb....

The chairman groaned. His fingers tousled through his slick-back again. He chewed on his bottom lip as he thought about ways he could get answers.

However, his thoughts diminish, when the bell rings for the second period to commence.

Many students send him curious looks when they pass by. They were all probably wondering why he was frozen in place and staring out of space.

Though, he gets snapped out of trance by familiar voices.

"This is the big one," [Name] murmured to Sayrenn, as she admired last month's art project. "Maybe even my best one for the year."

Despite her gloomy demeanour, her canvas was Godsent as if sunshine spilled over it; bright colours everywhere, and took the shape of a bayou where lily pads with blooming flowers and frogs alike were under the night sky and glittering stars.

"It is lovely. But I would not say it was your best work for the year," commented Sayrenn.

The filipina admired the work with stars in her eyes and it stirred a reaction out of [Name].

"Oh?" [Name] titled her head. "Which one is the best then?"

"The fairytale one!" Sayrenn beamed. "It was so pink and cutesy! It was so out of your aesthetic."

"My aesthetic?"

"Yeah, your aesthetic!" The filipina smiled. "Your either really well put together in darker toned clothes or look like you just rolled out of bed."

"I do roll out of bed."

"That's not what I mean—"

"Hello, you two." The chairman greeted warmly, ruining their solitude and beckoning the two to follow him into a deserted corridor.

"Oh, you again." Name] grumbled with a roll of her eyes. An annoyed glared was sent her way as well as a jab in the ribs from Sayrenn. She huffed and crossed her arms, "what do you want?"

"Your parents actually," The chairman continued to smile with twinkling eyes, "I need to see them by the end of the month to discuss if you make any progress with your tutor."

She stared at him, blankly.

"You could just call them or email them this information."

"I know, but I wanted you to know as well."

"Well now I do," She intertwining hands with Sayrenn and tugging her along. "We have class now. So stop wasting our time."

The chairman nodded.

The girls practically ran away once they turned the corner and headed to class.

"He is so annoying," [Name] ranted. "And I know he's doing all of this to get a reaction out me. I mean all of them are and it makes me wanna stay home more."

Hinata nodded along to her words.

"Alright, then," She hummed sweetly, "I think I know what to work with and we'll start off with the basics and work out way up. Mkay?"

"Yeah, sure."

The two started to work: Hinata took it upon herself to keep [Name]'s attention on her rather than any potential distractions by positioning them away from the window and entrance to the classroom. Soft scribbles broke the silence—equations were answered hastily while Hinata was sipping on strawberry milk—stars filling the girl's eyes.

She is so pretty!  Hinata's mind conjoined after memorizing her features until it was engraved.  Though, the statement was true. [Name]'s face was resembled a fawn—a fawn that was corrupted and only knew bloodshed. Wonder how she got those scars?

Like faint constellations across her nose—scars were buried from her forehead and near her eyebrow to her cheekbones.

"They look gruesome," Hinata blurted out and immediately clasped her hand over her mouth. "I didn't mean to say that! I think they're really pretty though the backstory probably was not—"

[Name] wavered her off.

"It's fine," she reassured, "I never really cared about people's opinions~"

"Oh..." Hinata nodded. "Like the rumours."

[Name] grimaced, "especially the rumours."

Rumours are just words: harmless and flutter around but they still hurt—no one ever asks if it true and no one ever will.

People will never bring themselves to unlearn gossiping and believing the lies no matter what because they're always so quick to characterize others before knowing anything about the person.

And even if they did—they will never apologize.

Her fists involuntarily clench and Hinata could already sense the gloominess she brought onto the girl.

"I'm sorry about that," apologized Hinata.

"It's not your fault so don't apology, besides even it was, you can't change anyone's opinions about me."

Even if you try hard enough.

Nothing will ever change their minds.

[Name] forced a small smile to reassure her.

But it only made panic consume her even more. Seriously, an amphibious frog was caught in her throat and her hands were shaking.

[Name] grabbed her hands and smothered her knuckles with a feverish kisses. "It's fine, Hinata. I don't mind your curiosity but just be careful. Curiosity can sometimes kill the cat."

"Okay, I will! I just can't help but curious about you—"

"You want to know more about me, don't you." [Name] said calmly, her eyes never straying away from Hinata's, even after letting go of her hands.

Her tutor nodded with a sheepish smile. "You caught me. I just couldn't help it. You're mysterious," she said, scratching the back of her nape.

"Can't argue there," [Name] hummed, "but since you're so desperate especially after the whole meeting Toman's president and vice then trying to talk to me at lunch but couldn't being yourself to—I don't see why I can't tell you a few things about me."

Stars filled her eyes. The sun resided in her smile and her mind was clouded with excitement while looking as divine as the moon at night.

"Really?!" Beamed Hinata.

[Name] nodded, curtly. "Really, but...if word gets out about anything I tell you—we will go back to being strangers."

"Do we make a promise on it?" She questioned with a titled of her head—the mole below her chin came into view.

"A deal is much better if you ask me," suggested [Name] in a neutral tone. "You'll have a price to pay, so let's shake on it instead, kay."

"Mkay," Hinata complied, shaking hands with [Name].

"Pleasure doing business with you," [Name] nearly grinned out of madness as her hand retreated and her attention fell back to the work. "Anyways, I need your help with vectors."

Hinata blinked. "Hm? What's the problem?"

"I don't really understand it."

"Oh, alright. We'll start from the beginning and work on how to plot them on a graph."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 93 27
Everyone will be aged up in this story. Everyone will be 16+ and instead of high school, college may be mentioned. This is because I feel uncomfortab...
529K 25.3K 49
Working late nights tired you, but you never wished for it to change. But devils under the name of Bonten decided to intertwine your fate with their...
607K 30.6K 107
โ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค'๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ช๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ข ๐™ค๐™› ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช. โž ...
417K 18.9K 82
Tokyo Revengers various x Female! Reader โŒฃ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โ€ฟ โŒฃ โ”† โ”† โ”† โ”†โ‹† โ”† โ”† โ”†เชœ โœพ โ”† ยฐ โ™ก โ€ข โžต โœฉ โ—› ยฐ โ”†ๅฝก โ€ โ†ถ*เณƒโœงหš. โƒ โ†ท หŠ- โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โžค "But when you told me the whole st...