Loving you

By summermoonair

Loving you has unexpected love interests heartbreak and snarky comments all bundled up in melanin beauty and... More

Prologue
One

Two

2 0 0
By summermoonair

Thirty minutes. That's how long Cynn has been waiting in the stale, poor air-conditioned ass building they call a library. Cynn had had enough of his inconsiderate, selfish ways.

    As if he sensed she was thinking about him he walks through the door with a pissed off frown stamped on his face. A small amount of Cynn didn't even want to come at him because of it but she wasn't going to spare him because of his personal problems, he needed to take this seriously or else he could figure out how to save his own ass.

"Is there a problem with the time we're supposed to meet because if that's the case we can change it, but if you're just being a dick because it's second nature to you then let me know that too because at this point I'm done with this." Cynn pulled her reins back and decided to be a decent human being and show some type of concern, she didn't want to be a bitch but he made it so hard to be nice to him.

     "My bad, some shit went down with my girl and I had to handle it." Cynn's whole demeanor changed once those words left his mouth, now she was just pissed.
This shit again she though to herself
    "Before you lose your shit it wasn't even like that, one of her Lil friends told her about you tutoring me and she came at me sideways." He explained while pulling his history book from his bag.
"Why would she be upset about that?" She asked, confused as hell.
"Your guess is just as good as mine. She trips over the smallest things so don't even worry about it." He reassured her. Since He brushed it off, so did Cynn. They got started on his history first and would work their way through everything else he needed done.
    "JAYCEIN !" The few people who accompanied the pair in the dull, library turned their heads towards the door, there stood Zalika in all her glory. Zalika wasn't an ugly young woman, in fact, she was very beautiful: nutmeg skin, nice full lips with a head full of four-c hair, her downfall was her attitude and the way she carried herself.

     Ignoring all the stares, Zalika made her way over to the table Cynn and her man sat, in a matter of steps she hovered in front of Jaycein, arms crossed over her chest and her eyebrows furrowed together. He acted as if she wasn't even standing there, for a while no one said anything, Zalika broke the silence. "Jaycein, I need to speak with you." A sense of urgency could be heard as she spoke. He ignored her. "Jaycein! " She yelled once again .Cynn knew she was the reasoning for this altercation so she would just be the bigger person and leave.
"I'm just gonna go Jay-" she stood up.
     "Sit down," Jaycein spoke up. Both Zalika and Cynn looked at one another for a quick glance then back at Jaycein who had his head down. Once he noticed Cynn didn't make a move to sit back down he looked up intensely, staring her dead in her face. Almost instantly she sat back down, her legs had become weak in response, Cynn could admit to herself that Jaycein was sexy as hell and it was the smallest things that he did that made him almost irresistible to some.

Jaycein continued his gaze, feeling the same exact thing Cynn was feeling. When he remembered the situation at hand he reverted his attention back to his woman.
    "I'm in the middle of studying, If you want to continue this bullshit later on tonight we will, but I'm not doing this with you in public, on god I'm not." Zalika looked as if she could break down and cry any minute, a part of Cynn felt bad but then the rational part of her thought she got what she deserved, she was acting a fool for no reason at all. Zalika didn't say another word, she just took off towards the door, leaving them to themselves once again.
"I'm sorry." Jaycein apologizes.
"Not your fault," Cynn informed. "I'm sorry too," she added, smiling just a little. Jayson looks up with a grin on his face as well.
"Not your fault," he mocks.
For the last few minutes of their session, they talked and laughed a little more. Cynn found herself warming up to their hour and a half together. Jaycein was a pretty chill dude to be around. "Good job today. We'll finish your study guide next session and dont forget the rest of your work we didn't get to finish. If you have any questions you know how to get in contact with me."
"Sounds like a plan, have a good day."
"You too Lil boy." She giggles as she walks out of the doors of the library.

***

Cynn- Hey, we still good to continue our sessions? If not I understand. Drama isn't my thing, I definitely don't have the time or patience so It's up to you.
     Pressing send she waited for his reply, it took her fifteen minutes to finally decide to even text him. She didn't want to make it weird, then she realized she was his tutor and she was supposed to text him, so maybe he wouldn't think anything of it. It only took a few minutes before she got a response back.
Jaycein- Yeah, we still gonna have our sessions, you really have been helping me and I appreciate that. Your company is good too.
Cynn read over his message twice, feeling a warm sensation in her chest.
Cynn- Ok, I was thinking we could start having the sessions at my house. My mama don't care if you come over, she's barely home as it is. I think we'll get a lot more done that way. No distractions.
     She was kind of skeptical of sending the message, she didn't want to give him the wrong vibe because her intentions were completely innocent.
Jaycein- I'm cool with that.
Cynn- okay, see you next Tuesday then.
Jaycein- aight, then.
     Cynn tossed her phone to the side with a big sigh, she turned towards her side drawer pulling out a blunt she had pearled the other day. Yes, Cynn occasionally let herself consume the beautiful herb that made her feel more open-minded and care-free to life. For Cynn weed made her think outside the box, especially about life and the future, more than anything, it just relaxed her.
     Walking over to her window she sits in the little desk chair she keeps beside it just for this occasion and pulls the window up, the cool breeze felt good against her skin. lighting up her blunt she takes a puff, holding for a second and exhaling the smoke out the window.
     Now don't get it twisted because Cynn was a lightweight when it came to weed, so one to two more puffs and she would be higher than a kite. With the last exhale she closes her window and goes to brush her teeth, the downside was the cottonmouth and the smell.
Ping-Ping. Cynn's phone chimes and her eyebrows knit together in confusion, it was almost one in the morning and she doesn't talk to anyone like that. The phone chimes again, another message going through. Cynn walks over to the bed and lays down, grabbing her phone and pulling the covers over her. When she saw who the message was from she instantly rolled her eyes to the back of her head.
What the hell does his ass want?
QUINTON- So I heard you been hanging out with Jaycein, yall talk or something?
QUINTON- and don't lie cause my homie heard him talkin.
     The audacity of his black ass! Did he really just hit her line asking her anything about her life? The fact that he felt as if he had any power over anything she did blew her mind. This is the same boy who cheated on her and treated her like she was nothing.
     This high made it even worse because her emotions were on a thousand. Instead of even entertaining his bullshit, she blocked him on everything and turned on her tv to watch Netflix. Her all-time go-to tv show is How To Get Away With Murder, but at the moment she wanted to laugh a little HARLEM so she chose instead.
     Time goes by so fast but it seems like nothing to Cynn, she starts to feel her body weight droop into her bed inch by inch, her eyes closing shut slowly and eventually she succumbs to a deep sleep, forgetting to wrap her hair up and set her alarm.

***

     Like clockwork, when seven o'clock came around Cynn's body knew it was time to get up and get ready for school. She hated that because even on weekends she would wake up at seven and have to go back to sleep. Cynn stretched and yawned, sending chills down her body and giving herself some kind of boost of energy to walk towards the bathroom, like every day before today she did her daily routine; shower, lotion, brush teeth, do her edges and fix the hair.
     In less than an hour she finished getting dressed, today was a laid back but cute look with black satin joggers and a white graphic tee of a neon green dragon. Cynn grabbed her book bag, keys and purse while heading out the door. The sun shined bright this morning as the wind whispered against her ear.
The ride to the school was a smooth one, Rod Wave blasted through the speakers and Cynn bobbed her head along, mouthing every single word.
Green light, pistol in the party don't seem right, lil bro off that molly can't think right, it's about to be a fucking green ligghhhtt.....
It didn't take long for Cynn to find a parking space, unfortunately she had the pleasure of pulling up at the same time as Jaycein. Her heart rate sped up a little more and it aggravated her to no end.
     Jaycein's the first to get out of his car, he doesn't take a step towards the school, instead he comes to Cynn's door. Being the petty person she can be, she rolls down her window while looking forward.
"Can I help you?" Cynn questions, still not looking at him face to face.
"I just need your address, mean ass, after that I'll leave you alone." His deep, sexy ass voice heated her body up. Jaycein knew he got under her skin and a part of him just wanted to push her to her breaking point.
"I'll text it to you." Cynn replies, finally making eye contact while rubbing her glossed lips together. "Can you move so I can go to class please." She adds with a hint of an attitude.
     Cynn has to continue being nasty to Jaycein, otherwise she would start to like his ass and she couldn't have that. Too much baggage.
"Of course, ma." And without another word he walked towards the school.

"Ayo, Jaycein! Let me holla at you real quick." Jay pauses and looks over his shoulder at Cynn's ex-boyfriend Quinton who called his name. The two have never conversed or ran in the same circle so Jaycein was beyond confused as to why this dude wanted to talk to him.
"What's up?" He questions with his face knotted up.
"You talk to Cynn?" He mean mug me up and down.
"Why you worried?"
Quinton buffs up his chest as if he were about to come at him.
"Cause that's all me nigga." His voice rose and it caused people to pause mid-step and start looking. Jaycein gave no fucks when he decked his ass dead in his mouth. Quinton fell straight to the ground grabbing his face.
"Don't step to me again unless you want to get knocked the fuck down." Jayson looked down at the dude and walked towards his class.
     It was starting to piss him off how much of a big deal people were making of this. Jaycein didn't even think about Cynn like that. Well he did, but he wouldn't act on them.
JAYSON- Get your man, ma. If he steps up to me again Ima fuck up more than his lip.
It didn't take long at all for Cynn to reply back.
CYNN- What are you talking about? I don't have a boyfriend. What happened!
JAYSON- Quinton calls himself claiming you, asking me questions on if we talk.
CYNN- I'm so sorry. He's not my boyfriend. He thinks he controls me and he's crazy. I had nothing to do with it.
     Jaycein could imagine the look on her face now. Her lips poking out and her one eyebrow rise, Cynn just has that unique ass face,damn. Any man with eyes could see how fine Cynn is.
JAYCIiN- No need to apologize. I'm just letting know that's his ass if he steps to me again.
Jaycein told it like it was, he wasn't the type to sugar coat shit. He didn't want Cynn looking crazy when her friend or whatever the hell he is, looked unrecognizable.
CYNN- If he does, beat his ass a little bit for me too, ok?
A laugh left his mouth once he read the message.
JAYCEIN- I got you ma.
CYNN- go to class lil boy, and stop calling me that.
He could envision the little frown she'd make every time he called her that appearing on her beautiful face.
After that message he decided not to text back and do like Cynn said and go to class.
"Mr.Diello, come with me, NOW!" The school officer yells down the long, empty hallway.
Fuck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 14.4K 22
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
322K 25.8K 15
MY Creditor Side Story ပါ။ Parallel Universe သဘောမျိုးပြန်ပြီး Creation လုပ်ထားတာမို့ main story နဲ့ မသက်ဆိုင်ပဲ အရင် character ကို ရသအသစ် တစ်မျိုးနဲ...
3M 196K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
1.7M 102K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...