Loving you

By summermoonair

Loving you has unexpected love interests heartbreak and snarky comments all bundled up in melanin beauty and... More

Prologue
Two

One

4 0 0
By summermoonair

One thing Cynn despised more than disrespectful people, is people who were late. She had literally waited almost an hour for Jaycein to show up to his tutoring session. If Mrs. Efiya hadn't asked her personally to do this favor for her, she wouldn't have even considered helping Jaycein's arrogant ass.

     Right when she decided she wasn't going to waste her time waiting on him, the door to the library swung open. Jaycein enters, his six-foot three-figure towering over almost everything in the dusty old library. If Cynn wasn't so damn irascible, she would mentally swoon over the pulchritude of this young man in his grey sweats and black Ralph Lauren T-shirt. His dark brown, muscular biceps were bulging thick veins as if he'd just come from working out, his light brown eyes captivated everyone in the room as usual and the natural swag in his step illuminated the confidence, he had in himself.

The same way Cynn checked Jaycein out, didn't go without him reciprocating. Jaycein could admit that Cynn was bad. She had this seraphic, rich ebony skin, dark brown almond doe eyes, and glossy, plump lips. Her nose carried piercings on each nostril, bedazzling her goddess features.

    "Where the hell have you been?" She vociferates once he's sat at the table, her anger getting the best of her. "My bad, my girl needed me real quick, lost track of time." His bluntness did nothing but piss her off on a whole other level.It had become a constant issue with a different excuse every time. It began two weeks ago, when they started their journey with one another. The real reason Jaycein didn't arrive on time was because his girl came to his crib arguing about everything in the damn world. The only thing that would ease her mind was dick, so he laid it on her real quick.

     Cynn knew his reasoning was full of shit. "You know what, I'm gonna go." She informs, standing abruptly to leave. "Hold on! I'm sorry, it won't happen again aight?" Cynn ponders staying or leaving. If she left then she wouldn't have to tolerate the bullshit, if she stayed, she would have to deal with his dumb ass excuses and arrogant remarks. Yet after contemplating the situation, she sits back down knowing she was his last shot to graduate, so she decides to voice her opinion instead.

    "If we're going to do this then we're going to do it right. If you're late again you can get someone else to deal with you because I won't. We on the same page?" "Yeah, we're on the same page." He smiles, showing off his cheek dimples. Cynn rolls her eyes in annoyance and sets her supplies on the table. U.S History, Intermediate Algebra and English were the subjects Jaycein struggled in the most, so depending on how dedicated he was determined if this would go by pretty quickly.

"What time will we be done today?" He questions. Cynn was appalled that he could be so bold to ask when they finished when they just started. "Are you serious?" She blurts, squinting her eyes in a disbelieving manner. "Yeah?" He answers as a question. "However long it takes for you to finish." Without another word, he shakes his head and picks up the pen ready to do his work. For a good two hours, they got through a decent amount of work, and it surprised Cynn how intelligent Jaycein actually was. "Alright. So, I'll see you Thursday, please be on time. I have a life just like you and other people that need my time. You did really well today. Don't forget your upcoming assignments and study as much as you can so I can quiz you." He cheesed at her compliment. That was the first remotely nice thing she'd said to him all day.
"Thanks, I appreciate the help." With that, he walks away, and Cynn is alone in the almost abandoned library. Collecting her own materials, she got ready to leave herself.

     The first thing she made sure to do once she made it home was hop in the shower. Her body ached from work earlier this week, working as a tutor and a server at a burger joint took its toll. After scrubbing down and lotioning her body, she slips on a pair of panties and a sports bra, putting her freshly done silk press into a low bun so she can easily slip on her leopard print bonnet. Just when she decides to turn on the tv her phone chimes.
Jaycein- Don't be so mean to me Thursday, aight?
She rolled her eyes and wanted to respond with a slick remark but refrained.
Cynn -Don't be late and I'll think about it. Goodnight.
Jaycein – goodnight, Jit.
Without sending a reply back, Cynn turned around in bed pulling the covers over her body to take a quick nap for a few hours. She slowly waited for sleep to come to her, and instantly succumbed when it did.

Jaycein
"After all that shit you were talking, I see yo ass still got Cynn as yo tutor" Leron, a dude Jaycein chills with vocalized making everyone at the circular table laugh. The group currently resided in the lounge room of the football building chopping it up and listening to music.

Jaycein smacks his teeth, "Man shut that shit up, I gotta do what I gotta do to get out of here, and if Cynn is gonna help me do that then it is what it is" He shrugged, slightly annoyed. They'd been talking about Cynn for the past ten minutes and he was tired of talking about her.
"I feel you homie. Cynn fine though I'm not even mad at you" Gio co-signs, licking his lips. Jaycein looked over at him, not verballly responding but shaking his head.

"Fine ain't even the word, my nigga, have you seen how her skin just glows in the sun, and that ass.....mhmm" Leron retorts.
"Ever since her and Quinton stopped dating sheon't even hang no more." Gio and Leron continued to go back and forth about Cynn's assets and style. It got to the point where he had enough and got up from the table.
"Aye man where you going?" Leron shouts from his seat.

    "Don't worry about it." Jaycein didn't know where he was going, or why he felt some type of way about them talking about Cynn, she wasn't his girl to worry about. All he needed to focus on was going to his tutoring sessions on time, so he didn't have to hear her slick ass mouth.
Whilst thinking, he hadn't been observing his surroundings, so he hadn't seen his girl appear on the left of him when he hears her yelling. "So, when were you going to tell me?" Zalika ran up on Jaycein's lying, cheating ass in two point five seconds. Word had gotten around about Cynn tutoring her man and you can imagine the dumb ass expression that crossed her face once she found out.
    "What are you talking about?" He asked, now aggravated as hell.

"You know what the hell I'm talking about! When the fuck were you going to tell me Cynn was tutoring you?" she yelled. Zalika knew Jaycein wasn't fond of arguing with her in public, the frown in his forehead appeared engrained. He was mad, and Zalika could care less, her infuriation outweighed his!
"I told you I had a tutor, and before I could get out anything else you were too busy worrying about some shit on yo phone. So don't come at me, especially in public cause you know I don't like that shit." They'd been together long enough for Zalika to peep when Jaycein talked calmly that he was to his edge, but she couldn't let this go, he had her all the way fucked up.

"No, Fuck you! You should have told me regardless, I had to hear it from my homegirl in my psychology class Jaycein, how do you think that makes me feel?" Before she could say another word, He was all in her grill.
     "She's helping me finish what the fuck I need to finish for me to graduate. You ain't been interested in my academics beforehand, so why you grilling me now? Cause she a girl?"
"Yes nigga because she a girl, the fuck. Ain't nobody stupid bruh. Cynn is single and I don't trust you." Zalika admitted, glaring at him as if the information wasn't nothing new.

"Why you with me then? If I'm such a cheating ass nigga then leave me Lika, cause I'm not about to be explaining myself when I wasn't being heard in the first place."
For a moment she stared into Jaycein's frustrated eyes and softened her exterior, but her emotions were so riled up it outweighed his own and she counteracted with negativity.

"Fuck you Jaycein, I hate you!" She mumbled loud enough for only his ears. Zalika left him standing there stunned.
Jaycein palmed his face, wanting with all his breath to bellow out in vexation. The amount of stress engulfing him had him wanting to beat something. He needed to relieve this anger harboring or he was going to explode. Time was winding down and it approached closer and closer to the time he needed to be at the library. He couldn't go in there feeling like this. So he cooled off and decided to call his mama. He needed to hear her voice right now.
"Hey mommy baby! Just who I wanted to hear from!" Her cheery voice radiated warmth. "Hey mama. How are you doing?" He asked.

"Im doing good, but you don't sound like you are. What's wrong?" Of course, she'd know when he was down, she could read him through a letter if she had one in front of her.
He huffed before beginning. "It's everything mama. Pops, Zalika, me. I just feel like I can't do nothing right. I feel like I should have just said bump everything and come with you."

"If you want to come live with me you know I'll buy you a ticket in a heartbeat son. I would have taken you with me from the beginning, you know that. If football isn't what you want to do anymore nothing is holding you back. Remember that. And if you need to live by yourself to get away from your father and finish the season, we can make something work. It's all up to you." Ms. Lamina would do any and everything for her son and she hoped he knew it.
"I want to play football. But I can't live with that man no more mama. He's different. And Zalika doesn't make it any easier. She's mad because I have a tutor and she so happen to be a girl.I've given her no reason to feel like I want this girl and she's lost her mind."

"You know what I'm about to say son."
He nodded. "Without trust there's nothing."
"Exactly. If you're doing everything you feel as a young man in a relationship needs to be doing for his partner, then the other half is on your partner. Did you tell her you had a tutor?" She asks.
"I tried. Whenever I try to have a conversation or spend time with her it's either an interruption or she's with her friends and can't talk right now. I felt like I did my part you know. And then she hears it from one of her friends in class and comes cussing at me in public. I told her how I felt about that, and she just didn't care. I can't keep going through this." He declares honestly.

"The disrespect is definitely uncalled for and if things aren't changing, you have to end the relationship. That's not to say you guys can't be together in the future once you both mature and get a better understanding of what it means to be with someone. But right now, you guys are young. Don't be like me and become mentally drained and talked down on by someone and take it because you love them. It's not worth it baby."
She was more than right, and he was more than grateful for their conversation.
"Thank you, mama, I know what I need to do. I gotta go to my tutoring session and get these grades up but I'll call you later."
"Okay baby! Let me know whenever you find an apartment. We're going to go ahead and get you out of there before I go to jail because your daddy acting stupid."
"I love you. Thank you for everything."
"It's my job baby. No worries. We're going to see each other soon. I love you too."
Jaycein ends the call with more hope than before, but aggravation still settled within his stare as he made is way towards the library.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 38.7K 57
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...
9.5M 626K 75
An Arranged Marriage Story. #1 Hot (17-11-23) #1 Happyending (17-11-23) #2 Shy (13-11-23) #3 Cold hearted (27- 10- 23) POWER!!!!! That's what he alwa...
1.1M 28.4K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
3M 196K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...